|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ari name his wheelchair?
2. Why does Ari's mother cry in Section 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Because she is tired.
(b) Because Ari has been so sick.
(c) Because Ari doesn't have friends.
(d) Because she is sick.
3. How old is the narrator in Section 1, Chapter 1?
4. In Section 1, Chapter 11, what do Ari and Dante throw in a game they make up to play together?
(b) Tennis shoes.
5. What are Dante's favorite comics?
(d) Incredible Hulk.
6. Why is Ari happy at the end Section 2, Chapter 2?
(a) His father tells Ari something about himself.
(b) He is able to get out of bed.
(c) He gets to eat solid food.
(d) Dante comes to see him.
7. What does Dante wear when he comes to see Ari in Section 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Swim suit and t-shirt.
(b) Polo and khakis.
(c) Muscle shirt and jeans.
(d) Worn t-shirt and ratty jeans.
8. What branch of service was Ari's father in?
(a) Air Force.
9. After Ari's comes home from the hospital, how often does it rain?
(a) Every afternoon.
(b) A couple times a week.
(c) Every morning.
(d) Every other day.
10. What does the narrator pour to drink at the beginning of Section 1: Chapter 2?
(a) Chocolate milk.
(c) Orange juice.
(d) Apple juice.
11. What body parts does Ari have in a cast in Section 3, Chapter 1?
(a) Both arms.
(b) Both legs.
(c) Both legs and left arm.
(d) Both arms and left leg.
12. How long after the accident does Ari go to the doctor's office to get new casts and x-rays?
(a) 3 weeks and 2 days.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 8 weeks.
(d) 5 weeks and 4 days.
13. What does Ari hum after Dante apologizes in Section 3, Chapter 1?
(a) La Bamba.
(b) Over the Rainbow.
(c) You'll Never Walk Alone.
(d) Do Re Mi.
14. What is Ari's father's occupation?
(a) Garbage collector.
(d) Meter reader.
15. In Section 3, Chapter 3, how does Dante get to the hospital to visit Ari?
(a) Ari's parents.
(c) His parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 1, Chapter 5, how does Dante play music?
2. Where did Dante's parents meet?
3. How long does Mrs. Quintana expect to be away from her practice when the family goes to Chicago?
4. What does Dante read aloud to Ari in Section 3, Chapter 7?
5. In Section 3, Chapter 5, what does Ari tell his father he is searching for in his dreams?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)