|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dante give Ari to read in Section 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Book of poems.
(c) A novel.
(d) Comic book.
2. In Chapter 3, Section 2, who does Ari say is his enemy for life?
3. Why does Dante say that he speak funny?
(a) Damaged vocal cords.
(b) Infection as a young kid.
(d) Bad cold.
4. When Ari wakes in Section 3, Chapter 1, how long has it been since the accident?
(a) 18 hours.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 36 hours.
5. In Section 1, Chapter 7, what is on the walls of Ari's bedroom?
(a) Framed prints.
(d) His artwork.
6. What color eyes does the neurologist have that Ari sees at the beginning of Section 3, Chapter 3?
7. What pain medicine is Ari getting at the beginning of Section 3, Chapter 1?
8. Why does Ari's mother cry in Section 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Because Ari has been so sick.
(b) Because she is tired.
(c) Because she is sick.
(d) Because Ari doesn't have friends.
9. What does Ari's mother feed him in Section 2, Chapter 2?
(a) Chicken soup.
(b) Rice and applesauce.
(c) Turkey broth.
(d) Vegetable broth.
10. In Section 1, Chapter 5, what poet does Ari read?
(a) William Carlos Williams.
(b) Maya Angelou.
(c) William Cowper.
(d) Joyce Kilmer.
11. In Section 1, Chapter 1, What is playing on the radio?
(b) What About Love?
(d) Anything is Possible.
12. In Section 1, Chapter 11, what do Ari and Dante throw in a game they make up to play together?
(d) Tennis shoes.
13. How old was Dante when he threw out all of his father's papers?
14. What did Ari's father study before he was in the military?
15. In Section 1, Chapter 12, what type of dog does Dante want?
(a) One from a farm.
(b) One from a shelter.
(d) German Shepherd.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 2, Chapter 11, how long do Ari and his mother have to wait at the doctor's office?
2. What is the date in Section 1, Chapter 1?
3. What did Ari get for his birthday when he was in the sixth grade?
4. What did Ari want his father to do with him when he was six or seven?
5. What does Ari name his wheelchair?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)