|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dante say that he speak funny?
(b) Infection as a young kid.
(c) Bad cold.
(d) Damaged vocal cords.
2. How long after the accident does Ari go to the doctor's office to get new casts and x-rays?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 8 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks and 4 days.
(d) 3 weeks and 2 days.
3. When is Ari's birthday?
(a) October 11.
(b) August 30.
(c) September 3.
(d) July 27.
4. In Section 1, Chapter 7, what is on the walls of Ari's bedroom?
(a) His artwork.
(b) Framed prints.
5. How long does Mrs. Quintana expect to be away from her practice when the family goes to Chicago?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 11 months.
(d) 8 months.
6. What is Ari's mother doing at the beginning of Section 2, Chapter 8?
(b) Working on lesson plans.
(c) Cleaning out cabinets.
7. At the beginning of Section 3, Chapter 1, how often can Ari have pain medicine?
(a) Every hour.
(b) Every 3 hours.
(c) Every 15 minutes.
(d) Every 30 minutes.
8. In Section 1, Chapter 2, what type of meeting is the narrator's mom preparing a lunch for?
9. What is Dante's father's occupation?
(b) History professor.
(d) English professor.
10. In Section 1, Chapter 11, what do Ari and Dante throw in a game they make up to play together?
(a) Tennis shoes.
11. What is the narrator's racial heritage in Section 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Middle Eastern.
12. What pain medicine is Ari getting at the beginning of Section 3, Chapter 1?
13. What is Ari's brother's name?
14. What does Ari hum after Dante apologizes in Section 3, Chapter 1?
(a) La Bamba.
(b) You'll Never Walk Alone.
(c) Over the Rainbow.
(d) Do Re Mi.
15. What did Ari want his father to do with him when he was six or seven?
(a) Play with him.
(b) Read to him.
(c) Throw a football with him.
(d) Throw a baseball with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 3, Chapter 3, how long does Ari think it will take him to be himself again?
2. In Section 3, Chapter 5, how often does Ari's father visit him in the hospital?
3. Where does Ari go to high school?
4. Where is Ari's brother in Section 1, Chapter 4?
5. Why is Dante mad at Ari at the beginning of Section 2, Chapter 4?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)