|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ari feel the morning after burying the sparrow?
(a) He has a fever.
(b) He is very tired.
(c) He has a sore throat.
(d) He has a bad headache.
2. What does Dante give Ari to read in Section 2, Chapter 4?
(b) Book of poems.
(c) A novel.
(d) Comic book.
3. What does Dante wear when he comes to see Ari in Section 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Worn t-shirt and ratty jeans.
(b) Muscle shirt and jeans.
(c) Swim suit and t-shirt.
(d) Polo and khakis.
4. In Section 3, Chapter 2, how long does Ari's surgeon want him to be in casts above his knees?
(a) 4 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 6 weeks.
5. What pain medicine is Ari getting at the beginning of Section 3, Chapter 1?
6. In Section 1, Chapter 5, how does Dante play music?
(b) Record player.
7. Where does Ari go to high school?
8. At the beginning of Section 3, Chapter 1, how often can Ari have pain medicine?
(a) Every 30 minutes.
(b) Every hour.
(c) Every 15 minutes.
(d) Every 3 hours.
9. What is Ari's father's occupation?
(b) Meter reader.
(c) Garbage collector.
10. In Section 2, Chapter 11, how long do Ari and his mother have to wait at the doctor's office?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) About an hour and a half.
(d) More than two hours.
11. What is the date in Section 1, Chapter 1?
(a) May 12, 1988.
(b) April 11, 1989.
(c) September 3, 1986.
(d) June 15, 1987.
12. Why is Ari happy at the end Section 2, Chapter 2?
(a) His father tells Ari something about himself.
(b) He is able to get out of bed.
(c) Dante comes to see him.
(d) He gets to eat solid food.
13. What type of vehicle does Ari want when he turns 16?
(a) Low-rider car.
(c) Sports car.
(d) Old pickup truck.
14. In Section 1, Chapter 1, What is playing on the radio?
(b) Anything is Possible.
(d) What About Love?
15. In Section 3, Chapter 5, how often does Ari's father visit him in the hospital?
(a) Every evening.
(b) Twice a day.
(c) 5 times a week.
(d) Every morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his journal, what does Ari write that he'd really like for his 16th birthday?
2. What is Ari's mother doing at the beginning of Section 2, Chapter 8?
3. What body parts does Ari have in a cast in Section 3, Chapter 1?
4. In Section 3, Chapter 3, how does Dante get to the hospital to visit Ari?
5. When Ari wakes in Section 3, Chapter 1, how long has it been since the accident?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)