Section 1: Different Rules of Summer
1. In Section 1, Chapter 1, What is playing on the radio?
(b) What About Love?
(d) Anything is Possible.
2. How old is the narrator in Section 1, Chapter 1?
3. What is the date in Section 1, Chapter 1?
(a) April 11, 1989.
(b) June 15, 1987.
(c) September 3, 1986.
(d) May 12, 1988.
4. When did Buddy Holly and Richie Valens die in a plane crash?
5. In Section 1, Chapter 2, what type of meeting is the narrator's mom preparing a lunch for?
6. What does the narrator pour to drink at the beginning of Section 1: Chapter 2?
(b) Apple juice.
(c) Chocolate milk.
(d) Orange juice.
7. In Section 1, Chapter 2, what song does the narrator mention that his mother sings frequently?
(b) Faded Love.
(c) Leavin' on Your Mind.
(d) Walkin' After Midnight.
8. What does the narrator's mother's occupation in Section 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Middle school teacher.
(d) High school teacher.
9. What is the narrator's racial heritage in Section 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Middle Eastern.
This section contains 3,523 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)