Section 1: Different Rules of Summer
• When Ari awakes, he is unhappy and not content with anything in his life.
• After he gets up and has a conversation with his mother, he goes to the swimming pool.
• Ari might as well be an only child.
• His twin sisters are twelve years older than him.
• His brother is eleven years older, and he is in prison.
• Ari’s father suffers from the time he served in the Vietnam war.
• As Ari walks to the pool, he faces down a group of younger boys who try to bully him.
• He thinks about how other boys comment about girls, and how he isn’t comfortable with that or being around other boys.
• Ari is not a good swimmer.
• As he is paddling around, a boy speaks up and tells Ari that he will teach him to swim.
• The boys compare names and...
This section contains 2,542 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)