|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Margaret receive an invitation in the mail from?
2. What announcement do Margaret's grandparents make?
3. What is different about Janie the evening of the party?
4. In her letter, what does Margaret tell Sylvia she has never done?
5. What does Margaret think of the letter from her grandparents?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Margaret know the invitation is not from a friend from New York or camp?
2. What does Margaret discover about Nancy in the Steak Place restroom?
3. Why does Nancy think she will get her period next?
4. Describe how the students are dressed at Norman's party.
5. Why does Margaret start thinking Norman Fishbein may not be such a drip?
6. Why does Margaret only turn in a letter for her project, while her classmates turn in booklets?
7. Why does Margaret rip Nancy's postcard to tiny shreds?
8. Why does Mrs. Simon's mother think Margaret is a Christian?
9. Why does Margaret say her grandmother is almost as bad as everyone else?
10. Is Nancy Wheeler a big fake, as Margaret reports to God? Why or why not?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has Margaret changed at the end of the novel? What significant events lead to her change?
Essay Topic 2
If Margaret's parents did not teach her about religion, where did her image of God come from? How does she know about God? Why does she communicate with God?
Essay Topic 3
Margaret lived in New York for 11 years, and no one ever asked her about religion. Why might it "all of a sudden" be a big deal in her new community? Would Margaret have explored religion if her family stayed in New York? Why or why not?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)