|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the committees do projects on?
2. What is different about Janie the evening of the party?
3. What does Margaret tell her mom is in her package?
4. Why doesn't Janie want to buy sanitary napkins in Chapter 22?
5. What does Margaret compare the What Every Girl Should Know presentation to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Grandma Sylvia and Mr. Binamin come to visit?
2. What does Margaret discover about Nancy in the Steak Place restroom?
3. What is Mrs. Fishbein's impression of Norman's class?
4. Why does Nancy think she will get her period next?
5. Why does Margaret hate Laura Danker?
6. Why does Grandma Sylvia tell Margaret to disobey her mother by taking off her boots at Lincoln Center?
7. Is Barbara Simon glad her parents are coming, as Margaret suggests?
8. Why does Margaret say her grandmother is almost as bad as everyone else?
9. What does Margaret plan to teach her children about religion?
10. Why does Mrs. Simon's mother think Margaret is a Christian?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why might Nancy want to be part of a secret club? Why does she care so much about body and religious issues? What does Nancy value?
Essay Topic 2
How does Sylvia cause conflict in the novel? What is her motivation for being involved in Margaret's life? How does her role change by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Margaret lived in New York for 11 years, and no one ever asked her about religion. Why might it "all of a sudden" be a big deal in her new community? Would Margaret have explored religion if her family stayed in New York? Why or why not?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)