|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sylvia tell Margaret the mountain comes to?
2. Why doesn't Janie want to buy sanitary napkins in Chapter 22?
3. Where does Sylvia go after she returns from her cruise?
4. What will the committees do projects on?
5. What do Mrs. Simon and her mother talk about at dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Grandma Sylvia tell Margaret to disobey her mother by taking off her boots at Lincoln Center?
2. In Chapter 20, why are Margaret's parents fighting?
3. What is Mrs. Fishbein's impression of Norman's class?
4. Why do Grandma Sylvia and Mr. Binamin come to visit?
5. Why does Margaret want to buy a box of sanitary napkins in Chapter 22?
6. Why does Margaret hate Laura Danker?
7. Why might Grandma Sylvia not have mentioned Mr. Binamin over the phone?
8. Describe how the students are dressed at Norman's party.
9. Why does Laura Danker call Margaret a liar and a pig?
10. Why does Margaret start thinking Norman Fishbein may not be such a drip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Margaret's friendships change in the novel? What events influence her to question the behavior of her peers? How does she learn to be herself?
Essay Topic 2
How does Barbara Simon's relationship with her parents influence the way she raises her daughter? What factors lead to Barbara's beliefs about religion? What factors lead to her decision to contact her parents after 14 years?
Essay Topic 3
How do the parents influence their children in the novel? How do their actions help or hurt their children as they go through adolescence?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)