|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margaret do after she stares at herself with no clothes in the mirror?
2. Who does Nancy get in a fight with at Norman's party?
3. Where does Margaret go the first Sunday in March with the Wheelers?
4. What is Margaret looking forward to in Chapter 18?
5. Who gives Margaret a new bathing suit for her birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Grandma Sylvia tell Margaret to disobey her mother by taking off her boots at Lincoln Center?
2. What does Margaret discover about Nancy in the Steak Place restroom?
3. Why might Margaret only feel God when she is alone?
4. Why does Margaret want to buy a box of sanitary napkins in Chapter 22?
5. Is Nancy Wheeler a big fake, as Margaret reports to God? Why or why not?
6. Why does Margaret hate Laura Danker?
7. What is Mrs. Fishbein's impression of Norman's class?
8. Why does Margaret say her grandmother is almost as bad as everyone else?
9. Why does Mrs. Simon's mother think Margaret is a Christian?
10. Why does Margaret think Mr. Benedict is sneaky?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use setting in the novel? What significant role does setting have in Margaret's story?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Herb and Barbara Simon elope? How did this decision impact their religious views? Why are they adamant about Margaret choosing a religion when she is an adult?
Essay Topic 3
When is Margaret most effective at communicating her thoughts and feelings? When is she least effective? Give examples of how Margaret communicates. What does her communication reveal about her values?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)