|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason Margaret gives God for picking on Laura Danker?
2. When does Sylvia want Margaret to visit her in Florida?
3. Where does Margaret want to sit by Moose Freed?
4. What does Mr. Binamin say about his name?
5. Who does Sylvia tell Margaret the mountain comes to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the reasons Mrs. Simon's parents give for visiting?
2. Why does Margaret want to buy a box of sanitary napkins in Chapter 22?
3. What does Margaret plan to teach her children about religion?
4. In Chapter 20, why are Margaret's parents fighting?
5. Is Nancy Wheeler a big fake, as Margaret reports to God? Why or why not?
6. Why does Grandma Sylvia tell Margaret to disobey her mother by taking off her boots at Lincoln Center?
7. How does Margaret know the invitation is not from a friend from New York or camp?
8. Why might Grandma Sylvia not have mentioned Mr. Binamin over the phone?
9. Why does Mrs. Simon's mother think Margaret is a Christian?
10. Why might Margaret only feel God when she is alone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Margaret lived in New York for 11 years, and no one ever asked her about religion. Why might it "all of a sudden" be a big deal in her new community? Would Margaret have explored religion if her family stayed in New York? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How do the parents influence their children in the novel? How do their actions help or hurt their children as they go through adolescence?
Essay Topic 3
Why might Barbara Simon not fit in with the other women on Mockingbird Lane? What might her life have been like in New York? How is her new life different?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)