|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barbara Simon think will happen to Margaret from not wearing socks?
2. How often does Sylvia say she will visit?
3. Who is giving the 6th grade classes a Thanksgiving square dance?
4. What did Mr. Simon do in temple as a kid?
5. What does Margaret plan to tell her mother if she catches her with her father's magazine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Margaret think the tall girl must be new to Delano Elementary School?
2. How does Barbara Simon try to show that she understands Margaret?
3. Why does Herb Simon decide to hire Moose Freed?
4. Why do none of the boys at the Thanksgiving square dance want to dance with Laura Danker?
5. What does Margaret suspect is the reason for her family's move?
6. Why isn't Margaret afraid to answer the door?
7. Why does Nancy think Janice is a prude?
8. Why is Margaret embarrassed at Janie's church?
9. Why do the girls gossip about Laura Danker?
10. Why is Margaret scared?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Margaret's friendships change in the novel? What events influence her to question the behavior of her peers? How does she learn to be herself?
Essay Topic 2
How is a club like a religion? How are they different? How do these organizations give one a sense of belonging?
Essay Topic 3
How does Mr. Benedict do in his first year as a teacher? What are his triumphs? What are his challenges?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)