|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margaret regret writing that she hated on the assignment?
2. What does Nancy do at two-thirty?
3. What type of school will Margaret be attending?
4. Where does Sylvia plan to take Margaret one Saturday each month?
5. What does Sylvia bring in her shopping bags?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Margaret embarrassed at Janie's church?
2. Why does Margaret think her grandmother won't visit her in New Jersey?
3. Why does Herb Simon decide to hire Moose Freed?
4. Why does Margaret really want to get outside after the service in Chapter 9?
5. Describe Freddy "The Lobster" Barnett.
6. Why do none of the boys at the Thanksgiving square dance want to dance with Laura Danker?
7. Why doesn't Margaret feel she can suggest a name for the new club?
8. Why isn't Margaret afraid to answer the door?
9. Why did Mr. Benedict rearrange the desks in a U-shape?
10. How do Margaret's parents react when they find out Grandma Sylvia is visiting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is a club like a religion? How are they different? How do these organizations give one a sense of belonging?
Essay Topic 2
How do the parents influence their children in the novel? How do their actions help or hurt their children as they go through adolescence?
Essay Topic 3
How does the author use setting in the novel? What significant role does setting have in Margaret's story?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)