|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margaret say she loves more than the concerts at Lincoln Center?
2. What nickname do students have for Freddy Barnett?
3. Where does Sylvia plan to take Margaret one Saturday each month?
4. Why do the girls give up on the Boy Books?
5. What day does the club decide to meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Freddy "The Lobster" Barnett.
2. Why does Mr. Benedict keep Margaret after school?
3. Why did Mr. Benedict rearrange the desks in a U-shape?
4. What strange thing does Margaret discover the day she stays home from school?
5. What does Barbara Simon think of Margaret not wearing socks to school?
6. Why do the girls gossip about Laura Danker?
7. Why is Margaret embarrassed at Janie's church?
8. How do Margaret's parents react when they find out Grandma Sylvia is visiting?
9. Why does Margaret feel uncomfortable in Nancy's room?
10. Describe Margaret's new neighborhood.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why might Barbara Simon not fit in with the other women on Mockingbird Lane? What might her life have been like in New York? How is her new life different?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Herb and Barbara Simon elope? How did this decision impact their religious views? Why are they adamant about Margaret choosing a religion when she is an adult?
Essay Topic 3
How do Margaret's friendships change in the novel? What events influence her to question the behavior of her peers? How does she learn to be herself?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)