|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Margaret's family move to New Jersey?
2. What does Mr. Benedict do after the students disrupt the class with bird sounds?
3. What does Herb Simon say about Christmas?
4. Where does Margaret find her father's Playboy?
5. Why is Margaret hiding from Moose in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Margaret scared?
2. Describe Margaret's new neighborhood.
3. How might Mr. Benedict have known how to grade the tests without names on them?
4. Why does Gretchen answer on her assignment that male teachers are strict?
5. Does Margaret experience what she thought she would at temple?
6. What does Margaret suspect is the reason for her family's move?
7. Compare Grandma Sylvia's response to Margaret's interest in temple to Mrs. Simon's response.
8. Why isn't Margaret afraid to answer the door?
9. Why is Margaret embarrassed at Janie's church?
10. Why does Margaret keep Philip Leroy as her #1 in the Boy Book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why might Barbara Simon not fit in with the other women on Mockingbird Lane? What might her life have been like in New York? How is her new life different?
Essay Topic 2
Margaret's mother is Christia, and her father is Jewish. Margaret claims to hate religious holidays, saying that none of them are special to her. What are some of the challenges of living in a home with different religions? How does having no religion affect Margaret's sense of identity?
Essay Topic 3
Margaret claims to hate religious holidays. Her father says the holiday songs are for everyone and have nothing to do with religion. What meaning do Margaret and her father give religious holidays? How are their views similar? How are they different?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)