|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What jewelry does Mary wear that Margaret notices?
(a) A friendship bracelet.
(b) A cross necklace.
(c) A diamond ring.
(d) A gold watch.
2. In her letter to Mr. Benedict, what does Margaret compare choosing a religion to?
(a) Finding your way off a deserted island.
(b) Choosing your own name.
(c) Deciding who you love the most.
(d) Find a word in a dictionary with your eyes closed.
3. How many books has Margaret read about religion for her project?
4. Who does Sylvia tell Margaret the mountain comes to?
(b) The rabbi from her temple.
(c) A group of Margaret's old friends.
(d) Morris Binamin.
5. What announcement do Margaret's grandparents make?
(a) They are going to spend the rest of the week in New York.
(b) They are buying Margaret a horse.
(c) They have purchased the family tickets to Ohio and expect them to visit in the summer.
(d) They are moving to New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Norman and his guests play after Spin the Bottle?
2. What does Mr. Benedict hope his students learn from their year-long projects?
3. What does Margaret compare the What Every Girl Should Know presentation to?
4. Who does Mrs. Simon receive a letter from in Chapter 20?
5. What does Margaret do after she stares at herself with no clothes in the mirror?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nancy think she will get her period next?
2. Why might Grandma Sylvia not have mentioned Mr. Binamin over the phone?
3. What are the reasons Mrs. Simon's parents give for visiting?
4. Why does Mrs. Simon's mother think Margaret is a Christian?
5. Why do Grandma Sylvia and Mr. Binamin come to visit?
6. Is Barbara Simon glad her parents are coming, as Margaret suggests?
7. Why does Margaret want to buy a box of sanitary napkins in Chapter 22?
8. Describe how the students are dressed at Norman's party.
9. Is Nancy Wheeler a big fake, as Margaret reports to God? Why or why not?
10. Why does Margaret rip Nancy's postcard to tiny shreds?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)