|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What announcement do Margaret's grandparents make?
(a) They are going to spend the rest of the week in New York.
(b) They are moving to New Jersey.
(c) They have purchased the family tickets to Ohio and expect them to visit in the summer.
(d) They are buying Margaret a horse.
2. What does Mrs. Simon's mother suggest she and Margaret do to "straighten things out"?
(a) See a counselor.
(b) Go to church and talk to a minister.
(c) Give it time.
(d) Pray together.
3. Where does Sylvia go after she returns from her cruise?
4. What does Mr. Binamin say about his name?
(a) Don't wear it out.
(b) It rhymes with cinnamon.
(c) It is not common.
(d) He was teased when he was Margaret's age.
5. Where does Margaret go the first Sunday in March with the Wheelers?
(a) A drive-in movie.
(b) New York City.
(d) United Methodist Church of Farbrook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Benedict hope his students learn from their year-long projects?
2. Why do Margaret and Moose keep touching each other at dinner?
3. Who does Margaret blame for canceling her trip to Florida?
4. Who gives Margaret a new bathing suit for her birthday?
5. What does Mrs. Wheeler ask Margaret to buy at the Steak Place?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 20, why are Margaret's parents fighting?
2. How does Margaret know the invitation is not from a friend from New York or camp?
3. What does Margaret discover about Nancy in the Steak Place restroom?
4. Why does Grandma Sylvia tell Margaret to disobey her mother by taking off her boots at Lincoln Center?
5. What does Margaret plan to teach her children about religion?
6. Why does Nancy think she will get her period next?
7. Why does Margaret want to buy a box of sanitary napkins in Chapter 22?
8. Why do Grandma Sylvia and Mr. Binamin come to visit?
9. Why does Mrs. Simon's mother think Margaret is a Christian?
10. Why does Margaret say her grandmother is almost as bad as everyone else?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)