|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What foods are served at the party?
(a) Pizza and salad.
(b) Hamburgers and chips.
(c) Sandwiches and hot dogs in beans.
(d) Spaghetti and garlic bread.
2. How many times does Margaret talk to Nancy on the day of the party?
3. Why does Sylvia say Margaret catches a cold?
(a) She needs to wear the sweaters Grandma knits her.
(b) She kept her boots on at Lincoln Center.
(c) There are too many germs at school.
(d) She needs to improve her diet.
4. Who does Margaret blame for canceling her trip to Florida?
(a) Her dad.
(b) Her mom.
(d) Her grandparents.
5. Who draws funny faces instead of looking up things in reference books?
(a) Norman Fishbein.
(c) Laura Danker.
(d) Philip Leroy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Simon bring Margaret in her room in Chapter 19?
2. What does Mrs. Simon's mother suggest she and Margaret do to "straighten things out"?
3. What jewelry does Mary wear that Margaret notices?
4. What does Margaret do after she stares at herself with no clothes in the mirror?
5. Who calls Sylvia to tell her Margaret is not coming?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Margaret discover about Nancy in the Steak Place restroom?
2. Why does Margaret only turn in a letter for her project, while her classmates turn in booklets?
3. Why does Margaret say her grandmother is almost as bad as everyone else?
4. In Chapter 20, why are Margaret's parents fighting?
5. Why does Grandma Sylvia tell Margaret to disobey her mother by taking off her boots at Lincoln Center?
6. Why does Margaret start thinking Norman Fishbein may not be such a drip?
7. What does Mr. Simon suspect about his in-laws' trip?
8. Why might Grandma Sylvia not have mentioned Mr. Binamin over the phone?
9. Why might Margaret only feel God when she is alone?
10. What is Mrs. Fishbein's impression of Norman's class?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)