|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What request does Margaret make to her mom before she goes to bed?
(a) She wants to buy a special notebook.
(b) She asks for a lock on her door.
(c) She asks if she can visit her old friends.
(d) She wants to wear a bra.
2. What does Margaret plan to tell her mother if she catches her with her father's magazine?
(a) Her friends made her do it.
(b) It is none of her business.
(c) She must have grabbed it by mistake.
(d) She needs old magazines to make booklets.
3. Who refuses to sing the Hanukkah songs?
(a) Alan Gordan.
(c) Philip Leroy.
(d) Lisa Murphy.
4. What does Margaret regret writing that she hated on the assignment?
(a) When her mother is mad.
(b) Religious holidays.
(c) Baked potatoes.
5. Who is Evan?
(a) Nancy's boyfriend.
(b) Nancy's brother.
(c) Nancy's dad.
(d) Nancy's dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Margaret see while out shopping?
2. What holiday does Margaret observe in Chapter 8?
3. On her first class assignment, what does Margaret say about male teachers?
4. What does the secret club choose as its name?
5. What does Barbara Simon say will lead to a good figure later?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Janie's concern about Margaret's lack of religion?
2. Why doesn't Margaret feel she can suggest a name for the new club?
3. Why does Margaret tell Janie she is buying winter pajamas?
4. What does Margaret suspect is the reason for her family's move?
5. Why is Margaret scared?
6. Why does Margaret feel uncomfortable around Evan and Moose?
7. Why isn't Margaret afraid to answer the door?
8. How might Mr. Benedict have known how to grade the tests without names on them?
9. How does Barbara Simon try to show that she understands Margaret?
10. Why does Margaret believe Nancy notices everything?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)