|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what event is Margaret allowed to attend for the first time?
(a) A formal dance.
(b) Her grandmother's bon voyage party.
(c) A gala dinner at the YMCA.
(d) A costume party.
2. How does Herb Simon injure his hand?
(a) He reaches inside a lawn mower.
(b) He falls down the stairs.
(c) He breaks it in a flag football game.
(d) He drops a hammer on it.
3. Who tells Margaret he has a daughter her age?
(a) Herb Simon.
(b) Nancy's dad.
(c) The police officer.
(d) Dr. Potter.
4. What does the secret club choose as its name?
(a) The Four Pre-Teen Sensations.
(b) The Miles J. Benedict Girls.
(c) Sixth Grade Cu-Tees.
(d) Nancy's Secret Meetings.
5. What does Janie think the point of Mr. Benedict's assignment is?
(a) To waste time.
(b) To get to know the students.
(c) To see if they are normal.
(d) To learn the students' handwriting.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what assignment does Mr. Benedict give to Margaret's class?
2. When does Margaret tell God she will know all there is to know about religion?
3. Why does Margaret know that Nancy is not knocking at the door?
4. Where does Mrs. Simon take Margaret shopping in Chapter 6?
5. Where will Margaret's dad commute for work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barbara Simon think of Margaret not wearing socks to school?
2. Why does Margaret believe Nancy notices everything?
3. What is Janie's concern about Margaret's lack of religion?
4. Why is Margaret scared?
5. Why does Margaret really want to get outside after the service in Chapter 9?
6. Why is Margaret embarrassed at Janie's church?
7. How does Barbara Simon try to show that she understands Margaret?
8. Describe Margaret's new teacher.
9. Why does Margaret tell Janie she is buying winter pajamas?
10. Why doesn't Margaret feel she can suggest a name for the new club?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)