|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Margaret's family move to New Jersey?
(a) Labor Day weekend.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(c) The Tuesday before Labor Day.
(d) President's Day.
2. What is the first thing Margaret notices about Nancy's room?
(a) The stuffed animals on the bed.
(b) The dressing table with the heartshaped mirror on it.
(c) The posters on the wall.
(d) The clothes on the floor.
3. What does Barbara Simon think will happen to Margaret from not wearing socks?
(a) Her feet will smell bad.
(b) She will get blisters.
(c) She will feel self-conscious.
(d) Her classmates will make fun of her.
4. Why doesn't Margaret tell her parents she talks to God?
(a) They might think she's a religious fanatic.
(b) They want her to talk to them.
(c) They might yell at her.
(d) They don't believe in God.
5. In what month is Margaret's birthday?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Margaret considering as a topic for her year-long project?
2. On her first class assignment, what color does Margaret say she likes?
3. What religion does Margaret say her parents are?
4. On her first class assignment, what food does Margaret say she hates?
5. Why does Margaret choose Jay Hassler for the Boy Book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Margaret's parents react when they find out Grandma Sylvia is visiting?
2. Describe Margaret's new neighborhood.
3. Why isn't Margaret afraid to answer the door?
4. Describe Freddy "The Lobster" Barnett.
5. Why does Margaret really want to get outside after the service in Chapter 9?
6. Does Margaret experience what she thought she would at temple?
7. How does Barbara Simon try to show that she understands Margaret?
8. What is Janie's concern about Margaret's lack of religion?
9. Why does Margaret tell Janie she is buying winter pajamas?
10. Describe Nancy's relationship with her brother.
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)