|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Benedict hope his students learn from their year-long projects?
(a) Something of value.
(b) The meaning of life.
(c) How to manage their time.
(d) How to organize their thoughts.
2. Who draws funny faces instead of looking up things in reference books?
(a) Norman Fishbein.
(b) Philip Leroy.
(d) Laura Danker.
3. What do Mr. and Mrs. Simon do when they meet Mr. Binamin?
(a) Give him the once over.
(b) Offer him a drink.
(c) Ask him questions about his life.
(d) Ask him to leave.
4. In her letter to Mr. Benedict, what does Margaret compare choosing a religion to?
(a) Deciding who you love the most.
(b) Choosing your own name.
(c) Find a word in a dictionary with your eyes closed.
(d) Finding your way off a deserted island.
5. What does Mrs. Simon bring Margaret in her room in Chapter 19?
(b) A piece of cake.
(c) A cup of tea.
(d) A letter.
6. Who does Mrs. Simon receive a letter from in Chapter 20?
(b) A long lost friend.
(c) Her parents.
(d) An ex-boyfriend.
7. Who takes the girls' coats upstairs at the Fishbein home?
(b) Mrs. Fishbein.
(c) A maid.
(d) Mr. Fishbein.
8. What does Mr. Binamin say about his name?
(a) It rhymes with cinnamon.
(b) It is not common.
(c) Don't wear it out.
(d) He was teased when he was Margaret's age.
9. Who does Margaret blame for canceling her trip to Florida?
(b) Her dad.
(c) Her mom.
(d) Her grandparents.
10. Where does Margaret go on Christmas Eve?
(a) To a festival in New York.
(b) To a program at the YMCA.
(c) United Methodist Church of Farbrook.
(d) To Nancy's house.
11. Who does Margaret receive an invitation in the mail from?
(b) Norman Fishbein.
(c) Laura Danker.
(d) Mr. Benedict.
12. How many books has Margaret read about religion for her project?
13. What does Mrs. Simon offer her guests in Chapter 23?
(a) Milk and ginger snaps.
(b) Coffee and warm Danish.
(c) Anything they can find in the refrigerator.
(d) Sandwiches and juice.
14. Why doesn't Janie want to buy sanitary napkins in Chapter 22?
(a) It is not her idea of fun.
(b) Her mom might not like it.
(c) She does not have enough money.
(d) She thinks people will laugh at her.
15. What does Moose tell Margaret at the restaurant?
(a) He likes her.
(b) He always has trouble at round tables.
(c) He thinks she is pretty.
(d) He has a crush on Nancy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sponsors the What Every Girl Should Know presentation?
2. What does Margaret think of the letter from her grandparents?
3. Why does Margaret rarely get letters?
4. Why does Margaret run out of the classroom when she is talking to Mr. Benedict?
5. Where are Margaret's parents when Sylvia arrives in Chapter 23?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)