|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Moose tell Margaret at the restaurant?
(a) He thinks she is pretty.
(b) He likes her.
(c) He always has trouble at round tables.
(d) He has a crush on Nancy.
2. Why does Margaret think things in her life are going wrong?
(a) Because she is friends with Nancy.
(b) Because she has no religion.
(c) As punishment for what she did to Laura Danker.
(d) Because she does not keep in touch with her old friends.
3. What does Mrs. Simon bring Margaret in her room in Chapter 19?
(a) A cup of tea.
(b) A piece of cake.
(c) A letter.
4. What does Mrs. Simon offer her guests in Chapter 23?
(a) Anything they can find in the refrigerator.
(b) Milk and ginger snaps.
(c) Coffee and warm Danish.
(d) Sandwiches and juice.
5. Why do Margaret and Moose keep touching each other at dinner?
(a) People keep bumping them into each other.
(b) Nancy and Evan dare them to do it.
(c) They have started dating.
(d) He eats with his left hand, and Margaret eats with her right.
6. Who does Margaret receive an invitation in the mail from?
(b) Laura Danker.
(c) Mr. Benedict.
(d) Norman Fishbein.
7. Why does Sylvia say Margaret catches a cold?
(a) She kept her boots on at Lincoln Center.
(b) There are too many germs at school.
(c) She needs to improve her diet.
(d) She needs to wear the sweaters Grandma knits her.
8. When does Sylvia want Margaret to visit her in Florida?
(a) Next Rosh Hashanah.
(b) During the summer.
(c) Next Thanksgiving.
(d) During spring vacation.
9. Why does Margaret rarely get letters?
(a) Her friends do not have time to write letters.
(b) She never writes anyone back.
(c) She never gives out her address.
(d) Her friends prefer to call.
10. What does Mrs. Simon think is wrong with Margaret in Chapter 19?
(a) She is having boy trouble.
(b) She misses her friends in New York.
(c) She is stressed out.
(d) She might have a virus.
11. What country does Margaret's group decide to report on?
12. What does Mrs. Simon's mother suggest she and Margaret do to "straighten things out"?
(a) See a counselor.
(b) Give it time.
(c) Go to church and talk to a minister.
(d) Pray together.
13. Who calls Sylvia to tell her Margaret is not coming?
(a) Mrs. Simon.
(b) Mr. Simon.
(c) Mr. Benedict.
14. Who does Mrs. Simon receive a letter from in Chapter 20?
(a) A long lost friend.
(b) An ex-boyfriend.
(d) Her parents.
15. Where are Margaret's parents when Sylvia arrives in Chapter 23?
(a) In the den.
(b) In the back yard.
(c) Asleep in their bedroom.
(d) Out shopping.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Margaret follow Laura Danker after school?
2. Who does Sylvia tell Margaret the mountain comes to?
3. What foods are served at the party?
4. What does Philip Leroy blow on the ceiling at Norman's house?
5. What does Margaret do after she stares at herself with no clothes in the mirror?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)