|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sylvia say Margaret catches a cold?
(a) She kept her boots on at Lincoln Center.
(b) She needs to wear the sweaters Grandma knits her.
(c) There are too many germs at school.
(d) She needs to improve her diet.
2. How does Mrs. Simon know about the What Every Girl Should Know presentation?
(a) Another parent calls her.
(b) She helped organize it.
(c) She receives a letter in the mail.
(d) She sees a flyer for it at parent night.
3. What announcement do Margaret's grandparents make?
(a) They are buying Margaret a horse.
(b) They are going to spend the rest of the week in New York.
(c) They have purchased the family tickets to Ohio and expect them to visit in the summer.
(d) They are moving to New Jersey.
4. Why doesn't Janie want to buy sanitary napkins in Chapter 22?
(a) She does not have enough money.
(b) She thinks people will laugh at her.
(c) It is not her idea of fun.
(d) Her mom might not like it.
5. What does Mrs. Simon think is more important than looking at people during the concert?
(a) Being thankful for the experience.
(b) The concert itself.
(c) Reading the program.
(d) Looking dignified.
6. What does Mrs. Simon think is wrong with Margaret in Chapter 19?
(a) She might have a virus.
(b) She is having boy trouble.
(c) She misses her friends in New York.
(d) She is stressed out.
7. What does Paul Hutchins call his wife?
(a) My better half.
(c) The Mrs.
8. Who does Nancy get in a fight with at Norman's party?
(a) Norman Fishbein.
(b) Laura Danker.
(d) Freddy Barnett.
9. Who does Sylvia tell Margaret about in her letter?
(a) A childhood friend.
(b) Mr. Binamin.
(c) Herb's father.
10. Why does Margaret wonder if God might strike her down?
(a) For not finding a religion.
(b) For saying she does not believe in him.
(c) For being mean to Laura Danker.
(d) She is not talking to him.
11. What is Margaret looking forward to in Chapter 18?
(a) Buying another bra.
(b) Becoming friends with Laura Danker.
(c) Getting a boyfriend.
(d) Her trip to Florida.
12. What does Mrs. Simon bring Margaret in her room in Chapter 19?
(a) A letter.
(b) A piece of cake.
(c) A cup of tea.
13. What does Margaret's grandfather say to her dad when he arrives?
(a) "Long time, no see, son."
(b) "Same ol' Herb."
(c) "You're looking well, Herb."
(d) "Hello, Herb."
14. What do Mrs. Simon and her mother talk about at dinner?
(a) The weather.
(b) The latest fashions.
(c) Old friends from Ohio.
(d) Art and painting.
15. Who pinches Margaret on her birthday?
(a) Moose Freed.
(b) Nancy Wheeler.
(c) Evan Wheeler.
(d) Philip Leroy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sponsors the What Every Girl Should Know presentation?
2. What does Margaret do after she stares at herself with no clothes in the mirror?
3. Who is the first Pre-Teen Sensation to get her period?
4. In her letter to Mr. Benedict, what does Margaret compare choosing a religion to?
5. What attire are students advised to wear at the party?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)