|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does grandmother ask Margaret that bothers her?
(a) If she is getting good grades.
(b) If she has an eating disorder.
(c) If she has boyfriends and if they are Jewish.
(d) If she has started puberty.
2. What does the secret club choose as its name?
(a) Sixth Grade Cu-Tees.
(b) The Four Pre-Teen Sensations.
(c) Nancy's Secret Meetings.
(d) The Miles J. Benedict Girls.
3. What does Mr. Benedict do after the students disrupt the class with bird sounds?
(a) He rearranges the desks.
(b) He calls in the principal.
(c) He yells at them.
(d) He cries.
4. What does Nancy do at two-thirty?
(a) She introduces Margaret to a group of friends.
(b) She gives Margaret a note.
(c) She meets Margaret at her locker.
(d) She runs out of the school building.
5. What day does the club decide to meet?
6. What does Margaret do after breakfast?
(a) She reads.
(b) She calls a friend.
(c) She gets dressed.
(d) She washes dishes.
7. Where will Margaret's dad commute for work?
(c) Long Island.
8. What does Margaret ask her grandmother in the cab ride to the bus terminal?
(a) If she can loan her some money.
(b) If she can go to temple with her some time.
(c) What it feels like to be in love.
(d) What she thought of the concert.
9. What request does Margaret make to her mom before she goes to bed?
(a) She wants to wear a bra.
(b) She wants to buy a special notebook.
(c) She asks for a lock on her door.
(d) She asks if she can visit her old friends.
10. When does Margaret tell God she will know all there is to know about religion?
(a) By her 13th birthday.
(b) By the time she is an adult.
(c) By the end of the month.
(d) By the end of the school year.
11. What does Sylvia bring in her shopping bags?
(a) Overnight clothes.
(b) School supplies.
(c) A kitten.
12. What does Margaret plan to tell her mother if she catches her with her father's magazine?
(a) She must have grabbed it by mistake.
(b) It is none of her business.
(c) Her friends made her do it.
(d) She needs old magazines to make booklets.
13. Where is Margaret when her family's apartment is rented?
(a) At her grandma's house in New York.
(b) With her parents.
(c) At a friend's house in New Jersey.
(d) At camp in New Hampshire.
14. Why doesn't Margaret tell her parents she talks to God?
(a) They might yell at her.
(b) They want her to talk to them.
(c) They might think she's a religious fanatic.
(d) They don't believe in God.
15. What is Margaret considering as a topic for her year-long project?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Mrs. Wheeler?
2. Which members of the secret club did Margaret meet at Nancy's house?
3. What did Margaret do after she realized she could not understand the sermon?
4. In Chapter 4, why does Margaret have trouble eating?
5. Why doesn't Margaret's family move to Connecticut?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)