|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Margaret choose Jay Hassler for the Boy Book?
(a) He has nice brown eyes and clean fingernails.
(b) He is the only boy no one else likes.
(c) She gets along with him.
(d) He makes all the girls laugh.
2. What does Mr. Benedict do after the students disrupt the class with bird sounds?
(a) He cries.
(b) He calls in the principal.
(c) He rearranges the desks.
(d) He yells at them.
3. What holiday does Margaret observe in Chapter 8?
(b) Rosh Hashanah.
(c) Labor Day.
4. What do the girls sit in a circle to look at in Margaret's bedroom?
(a) An anatomy book.
(b) A picture of Margaret and her crush from camp.
(c) Some of Mrs. Simon's old jewelry.
(d) A box of Teenage Softies.
5. Why is Nancy a wreck at the dance?
(a) She has the flu.
(b) She has a stain on her dress.
(c) She is nervous about dancing with a boy.
(d) Her mom is a chaperone.
6. Who does Margaret go to church with in Chapter 10?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Laura Danker.
(c) Mr. Benedict.
(d) Janie Loomis.
7. What is Margaret anticipating in Chapter 6?
(a) A field trip.
(b) Her birthday.
(c) A class presentation.
(d) Bra Day.
8. What type of school will Margaret be attending?
(a) Public school.
(b) Sunday school.
(c) Home school.
(d) Boarding school.
9. What does Margaret do after breakfast?
(a) She gets dressed.
(b) She reads.
(c) She washes dishes.
(d) She calls a friend.
10. When does Margaret's family move to New Jersey?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(b) President's Day.
(c) The Tuesday before Labor Day.
(d) Labor Day weekend.
11. What has Sylvia told Margaret she will receive when she dies?
(a) Her journals and letters.
(b) Her jewelry.
(c) Her house.
(d) Her investments.
12. What does Barbara Simon say will lead to a good figure later?
(a) Walking to school.
(b) Good posture.
(c) Eating healthy.
(d) Playing sports.
13. Where does Sylvia plan to take Margaret one Saturday each month?
(a) To the zoo.
(b) Lincoln Center.
(c) Jewish Community Center.
14. What is grandmother's name?
(a) Nancy Wheeler.
(b) Moose Freed.
(c) Sylvia Simon.
(d) Margaret Simon.
15. How often does Sylvia say she will visit?
(a) A couple times a year.
(b) Once or twice a month.
(c) Every weekend.
(d) Whenever she feels like it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does grandmother make for Margaret?
2. What is the first thing Margaret notices about Nancy's room?
3. What did Mr. Simon do in temple as a kid?
4. When will Nancy be allowed to wear lipstick every day?
5. Where does Margaret find her father's Playboy?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)