|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Margaret's new teacher?
(a) John Cunningham, III.
(b) Miles J. Benedict, Jr.
(c) Moose Freed.
(d) Dr. Potter.
2. What does Margaret do after breakfast?
(a) She washes dishes.
(b) She gets dressed.
(c) She calls a friend.
(d) She reads.
3. In what month is Margaret's birthday?
4. Why is Mrs. Simon nervous as she drives on the highway?
(a) She just started driving since her move to New Jersey.
(b) She sees a bad accident on the side of the road.
(c) Margaret is going to New York by herself.
(d) Margaret is about to tell her a secret.
5. What did Sylvia do at temple that surprised Margaret?
(a) Socialized with a group of friends.
(b) Introduced Margaret to the rabbi.
(c) Chewed gum.
(d) Recited in Hebrew.
6. In Chapter 12, what event is Margaret allowed to attend for the first time?
(a) A formal dance.
(b) Her grandmother's bon voyage party.
(c) A costume party.
(d) A gala dinner at the YMCA.
7. Who refuses to sing the Hanukkah songs?
(b) Philip Leroy.
(c) Lisa Murphy.
(d) Alan Gordan.
8. How old is Margaret?
9. How does Sylvia get to New Jersey?
(a) She takes a taxi and train.
(b) She drives.
(c) She takes a taxi and bus.
(d) She hitchhikes.
10. What does Margaret ask her grandmother in the cab ride to the bus terminal?
(a) What she thought of the concert.
(b) If she can loan her some money.
(c) What it feels like to be in love.
(d) If she can go to temple with her some time.
11. Gretchen confesses that she wrote on her assignment that male teachers are _____.
(c) Very strict.
12. Why is Margaret hiding from Moose in Chapter 10?
(a) She is embarrassed about the "we must-we must incident."
(b) She is afraid he might ask her out.
(c) Someone has told him about her crush.
(d) She is having a bad hair day.
13. What do the girls sit in a circle to look at in Margaret's bedroom?
(a) Some of Mrs. Simon's old jewelry.
(b) An anatomy book.
(c) A box of Teenage Softies.
(d) A picture of Margaret and her crush from camp.
14. How old is Mrs. Wheeler?
15. How are students at Margaret's new school assigned to classrooms?
(a) By test scores.
(b) By last name.
(c) By first name.
(d) By age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sylvia plan to take Margaret one Saturday each month?
2. When will Nancy be allowed to wear lipstick every day?
3. Why doesn't Margaret's family move to Connecticut?
4. What does Barbara Simon think will happen to Margaret from not wearing socks?
5. How old is grandmother?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)