|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day does the club decide to meet?
2. What does Barbara Simon say will lead to a good figure later?
(a) Playing sports.
(b) Walking to school.
(c) Eating healthy.
(d) Good posture.
3. What did Mr. Simon do in temple as a kid?
(a) Sing in the choir.
(b) Hand out programs.
(c) Focused on learning as much as he could.
(d) Count feathers on hats.
4. What does Mr. Benedict do after the students disrupt the class with bird sounds?
(a) He calls in the principal.
(b) He rearranges the desks.
(c) He cries.
(d) He yells at them.
5. When will Nancy be allowed to wear lipstick every day?
(a) 7th grade.
(b) 8th grade.
(c) Once she leaves home.
(d) 9th grade.
6. Why doesn't Margaret's family move to Connecticut?
(a) It is too social.
(b) It is too cold.
(c) It is too expensive.
(d) It is inconvenient.
7. How does Herb Simon injure his hand?
(a) He reaches inside a lawn mower.
(b) He drops a hammer on it.
(c) He breaks it in a flag football game.
(d) He falls down the stairs.
8. What did Margaret do after she realized she could not understand the sermon?
(a) She wrote down all of her questions.
(b) She started counting different colored hats.
(c) She started doodling.
(d) She asked Sylvia to explain things to her.
9. Where does Margaret find her father's Playboy?
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) In the mailbox.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) In his night table drawer.
10. What does Margaret do on Labor Day morning?
(a) She goes for a walk around the neighborhood.
(b) She writes in her journal.
(c) She fixes up her desk.
(d) She paints a picture of her old school.
11. Which members of the secret club did Margaret meet at Nancy's house?
(a) Mavis Johnson and Kimberly Sikes.
(b) Laura Danker and Janie Loomis.
(c) Sylvia Simon and Moose Freed.
(d) Janie Loomis and Gretchen Potter.
12. What does Margaret tell Mrs. Wheeler her mom does most of the day?
13. Who is Margaret's new teacher?
(a) Miles J. Benedict, Jr.
(b) John Cunningham, III.
(c) Dr. Potter.
(d) Moose Freed.
14. What is the first thing Margaret notices about Nancy's room?
(a) The dressing table with the heartshaped mirror on it.
(b) The stuffed animals on the bed.
(c) The clothes on the floor.
(d) The posters on the wall.
15. How many rounds of the "we must" exercise do the girls do?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Margaret tell her parents she talks to God?
2. What does Nancy tell Margaret to wear on the first day of school?
3. Why is Nancy a wreck at the dance?
4. Where is Margaret when her family's apartment is rented?
5. What did Margaret think was the best part of temple?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)