|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the female scientist who Tanner has killed because she will not leave Tokyo First International for KIG?
2. What do Diane and Kelly hop on to flee from Harry Flint in the Delmont Hotel?
3. How many acres does Altieri's estate sit on?
4. Where do Diane and Kelly plan on crossing the border into France after arriving in Europe?
5. How many times a year does KIG hold "board meetings" in the suite at the Delmont Hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kelly notice is different when she arrives at her Paris apartment in Chapter 35?
2. How does Kelly react after seeing Diane's face on the television in Chapter 20?
3. What does Kelly do with her engagement ring in Chapter 33?
4. What happens when Kelly is met in the stairwell by a man holding a gun in Chapter 21?
5. What happens when Diane, Kelly and Detective Greenburg visit Altieri at his estate?
6. What happens when Diane takes her passport out of her safety deposit box and tries to get money?
7. What happens when Diane and Kelly see each other outside a hotel room in Chapter 30?
8. How does Tanner react when he learns Flint missed killing the women at the Mandarin Hotel?
9. What do Kelly and Diane read in a newspaper regarding their husbands in Chapter 31?
10. What does Tanner do to Kelly and Diane's credit cards after they send three dozen computers to his office?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the role of Andrew Kingsley in the book. What about the way the author created Andrew as meaningless added to the reveal of his final vindication at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the role of investigation in the book. In what way does Diane take to the role as investigator, initially? How does investigation save Kelly and Diane in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the nature of Prima's role in the book. What is telling of the presence this object has in the book based on its mention in the Prologue?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)