|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Kelly tell Mark that she was when she was raped that made her uninterested in sex?
2. Who arrives in Chapter 32 and saves Kelly and Diane from being captured?
3. What does Gary's sister say her brother was going to meet Senator Van Luven in Washington about?
4. What is the name of the female scientist who Tanner has killed because she will not leave Tokyo First International for KIG?
5. Where had Tanner recruited Harry Flint from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tanner do to Kelly and Diane's credit cards after they send three dozen computers to his office?
2. How is Kelly and Mark's wedding night during their honeymoon described?
3. How does Kelly react after seeing Diane's face on the television in Chapter 20?
4. What does Tanner reveal is the reason for killing Madeline Smith?
5. What happens when Diane, Kelly and Detective Greenburg visit Altieri at his estate?
6. What happens when a man knocks on Kelly's hotel room door in Chapter 21?
7. How do Kelly and Diane avoid being shot in Chapter 20?
8. What does Tanner tell Diane when she calls him from the Madarin Hotel?
9. What does Tanner show Senator Van Luven and her two assistants when they visit KIG headquarters in Chapter 29?
10. How does Tanner react when he learns Flint missed killing the women at the Mandarin Hotel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the concept of courage that is represented in the book. Where are Diane and Kelly able to find the courage they need to fight against Tanner, and what does this say about their characters?
Essay Topic 2
One of the things that both Diane and Kelly must deal with in the face of danger is to go through the grieving process over the loss of their husbands.
Part 1.) In what way does the author portray Diane and Kelly's grieving process?
Part 2.) How do Diane and Kelly's grieving allow them to move forward with their investigation of their husbands' deaths?
Part 3.) How would Diane and Kelly's fates have been different had they not been able to grieve for their husbands properly?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of Lois Reynolds in the book. In what way does Lois Reynolds' character act as a 'Rosetta Stone' for Diane and Kelly in the book?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)