|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the air traffic controller that Diane and Kelly go to interview in Chapter 39?
2. What is the name of the female scientist who Tanner has killed because she will not leave Tokyo First International for KIG?
3. What does Detective Greenburg tell Diane had happened to them when she notices there isn't a police car outside her apartment?
4. What does Diane discover has happened at her apartment when she arrives in Chapter 20?
5. How many acres does Altieri's estate sit on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sam Meadows act towards Kelly when she visits him in Chapter 37?
2. What does Tanner reveal is the reason for killing Madeline Smith?
3. What happens when a man knocks on Kelly's hotel room door in Chapter 21?
4. What do Diane and Kelly do when they realize both of their husbands had scheduled trips to Washington D.C. just before their deaths?
5. How is Kelly and Mark's wedding night during their honeymoon described?
6. How does Tanner react when he learns Flint missed killing the women at the Mandarin Hotel?
7. How do Kelly and Diane avoid being shot in Chapter 20?
8. What does Tanner show Senator Van Luven and her two assistants when they visit KIG headquarters in Chapter 29?
9. What happens when Diane is forced into a car by Greg Holliday?
10. What happens when Diane and Kelly see each other outside a hotel room in Chapter 30?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book, the character Tanner Kingsley has driven forth the tension and suspense of Diane and Kelly's plight.
Part 1.) What is telling about Tanner based on his polar attitudes exhibited in public and behind closed doors?
Part 2.) In what way does Tanner exemplify the antagonist in the book?
Part 3.) What might the author be saying about the implications of having too much power based on his depiction of Tanner?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Tanner and Andrew Kingsley in the book. What is telling about the nature of these two characters based on their different views for KIG?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the role of greed in the book. What about the author's portrayal of greed suggests his feelings on the implications of acting in such a way?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)