|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gary Reynolds' sister woken up by at the end of Chapter 9?
2. What profession is Kelly Harris?
3. What is the name of the front desk receptionist in Kelly's apartment building?
4. For what reason does Tanner say he is sending notices of freak weather to Senator Van Luven?
5. How old is Kelly when her mother marries a man that drinks too much?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the soccer game that Mark and Kelly go on for one of their first dates described?
2. What does Tanner wish to do after Andrew wins a Nobel Prize?
3. What happens to Gary Reynolds when he is flying a plane?
4. What do the two notes found on Richard Stevens' body reveal?
5. What is Tanner doing in Washington D.C. in Chapter 11?
6. How is Diane and Richard's honeymoon suite described?
7. How does Diane describe the lengths her future husband Richard went through to make her go on a date with him?
8. What happens to Sonja Verbrugge after she receives a call from her husband to go to the Artesemia Hotel?
9. What happens when Andrew proposes to Princess?
10. What happens when Kelly gets onto an elevator with her neighbor in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
One of the things that both Diane and Kelly must learn to do during their adventure is learn to accept the fate they were dealt.
Part 1.) How is Diane and Kelly's ability to find acceptance in their situation allow them to achieve their goals?
Part 2.) What would have been impossible for the women to accomplish had they not learned acceptance for their problems?
Part 3.) What might the author be saying about the importance of being able to accept your lot in life based on his depiction of Diane and Kelly?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the portrayal of widowhood in the book. What role does widowhood play in Diane and Kelly's ability to form a common bond in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the concept of courage that is represented in the book. Where are Diane and Kelly able to find the courage they need to fight against Tanner, and what does this say about their characters?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)