|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Archimedes favorite branch of mathematics?
2. How many years later after Archimedes' work did another scientist add to the laws of nature that govern liquids at rest?
(a) 1800 years.
(b) 500 years.
(c) 1200 years.
(d) 750 years.
3. On what type of landform was the city located where Archimedes was born?
4. After Archimedes spent days staring at the King's crown, who came to take him somewhere?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His slaves.
(d) The king's guard.
5. Who was Archimedes' teacher of mathematics at the Museum?
(a) Apollonius of Rhodes.
(b) Conon of Samos.
Short Answer Questions
1. From which factories would ships bring manufactured goods?
2. When did the Museum open in Alexandria?
3. How many planets did Greek astronomers observe?
4. How much would a skilled craftsman earn in Archimedes' day?
5. How many days were in the Greek year?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sciences did Archimedes begin, and with what did each type of science deal?
2. What was the most important thing that Archimedes gave to the world?
3. What might have been the first thing that thing that Archimedes saw when he entered the Alexandria harbor?
4. What tools did the Greek astronomers have?
5. What important discoveries did Archimedes make about solids?
6. Why would a slave be put in charge of Archimedes when he started school?
7. Why didn't Archimedes write about algebra?
8. What is a machine, and how does it work?
9. Why was Archimedes an unusual man?
10. What did Archimedes write about mathematics?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)