|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much would a skilled craftsman earn in Archimedes' day?
(a) 10 cents a day.
(b) 15 cents a day.
(c) 25 cents a day.
(d) 20 cents a day.
2. How often did three months have to be added to the Greek year?
(a) Every eight years.
(b) Every four years.
(c) Every five years.
(d) Every two years.
3. What is the study of shapes in space?
(a) Applied Mathematics.
4. What is not an example of a lever?
(b) Screw driver.
(d) An axle.
5. What was Archimedes favorite branch of mathematics?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which branch of mathematics deals with distances to directions?
2. How many planets did Greek astronomers observe?
3. For how many years did Archimedes' war machines defend the city of Syracuse?
4. What hobgoblin would Archimedes' read about to scare him if he was bad?
5. What was the name of Archimedes' father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Archimedes and King Hiero enjoy arguing about?
2. What did Archimedes write about mathematics?
3. What might have been the first thing that thing that Archimedes saw when he entered the Alexandria harbor?
4. Who was Euclid?
5. Why would a slave be put in charge of Archimedes when he started school?
6. Why was it important that Archimedes discovered how to find volume?
7. What did the Egyptians believe about the earth and stars?
8. How was Archimedes' birth celebrated?
9. What few ideas did Archimedes have that someone had already discovered about the distance between two points?
10. What tools did the Greek astronomers have?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)