|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Ptolemy's Museum the center of Greek learning?
(a) 300 years.
(b) 1,000 years.
(c) 750 years.
(d) 500 years.
2. Who was Alexander the Great's tutor?
3. How many planets did Greek astronomers observe?
4. For how many years did Archimedes' war machines defend the city of Syracuse?
5. When was Euclid born?
(a) About 330 B.C.
(b) About 400 B.C.
(c) About 375 B.C.
(d) About 425 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is heavier than iron?
2. Near what country is Sicily located?
3. What did Archimedes claim he could move if he had a place to stand?
4. What Greek poet would Archimedes have studied?
5. What metal did the King suspect had been substituted in the crown?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is geometry?
2. What did Archimedes write about mathematics?
3. What tools did the Greek astronomers have?
4. What sciences did Archimedes begin, and with what did each type of science deal?
5. What did the Egyptians believe about the earth and stars?
6. Why was it important that Archimedes discovered how to find volume?
7. What few ideas did Archimedes have that someone had already discovered about the distance between two points?
8. Who was Euclid?
9. How was Archimedes' birth celebrated?
10. What did Archimedes and King Hiero enjoy arguing about?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)