|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, No End to Archimedes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Marcellus' soldiers use to make noise when they entered Syracuse?
(d) Glass jars.
2. What is the circumference of a circle?
(a) The ratio between the diameter and the radius.
(b) The distance from rim to rim of a circle.
(c) The distance around the circle.
(d) The distance from the center of a circle to the rim.
3. What was the mathematical subject that Archimedes did not write about?
4. What was the name of the largest number for which the Greeks had a name?
5. How many hours did the Greeks believe it took the earth to turn on its axis?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is always the same as the area of a circle if one side was the same as the radius of the circle?
2. Which area of scientific discovery was not part of Archimedes work?
3. What science did Archimedes begin that deals with the actions of forces on things?
4. Who was the French scientist who later added to the laws of nature that govern liquids at rest?
5. Where would Archimedes sketch his diagrams when he was sitting by the fire in the evening?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)