|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, No End to Archimedes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Archimedes taken when he had spent days staring at the King's crown and little else?
(a) To see the king.
(b) The baths.
(c) To a place to eat.
(d) To his parents' home.
2. Before Archimedes, what did people use to figure the area of a circle?
(a) Squares inside and outside the circle.
(b) Pentagons inside and outside the circle.
(c) Triangles inside and outside the circle.
(d) Octagons inside and outside the circle.
3. What was the mathematical subject that Archimedes did not write about?
4. What did Archimedes want on his tomb?
(a) Drawing of a cylinder.
(b) A figure of a sphere and cylinder.
(c) Drawing of a sphere.
(d) Drawings of plane figures.
5. What principle did Archimedes discover that is one of the basic scientific tests of all the elements?
(b) Conservation of Energy.
(c) Specific gravity.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long were the rolls that were used for Greek books?
2. Which astronomer said that the sun was nine times greater than the moon?
3. How old would Archimedes have been when he moved out of the women's quarters?
4. How much would a skilled craftsman earn in Archimedes' day?
5. When Archimedes estimated the number of grains of sand that would fill the universe, what common Greek measure did he use?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)