|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, No End to Archimedes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near what country is Sicily located?
2. What is the work that is to be done with a lever called?
3. What hobgoblin would Archimedes' read about to scare him if he was bad?
4. What is the ratio of the area of a circle to the circle's diameter squared?
(a) 10 to 12.
(b) 11 to 14.
(c) 3 to 8.
(d) 5 to 9.
5. How old was Archimedes when he received his name?
(a) Just hours old.
(b) 24 hours old.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 5 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Roman general who waged war against Syracuse?
2. After Archimedes spent days staring at the King's crown, who came to take him somewhere?
3. Which branch of mathematics studies numbers?
4. How many planets did Greek astronomers observe?
5. What would be the area of a circle that had a radius of 2 inches?
This section contains 152 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)