|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The War Machines of Archimedes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does radius mean?
(a) The longest chord of a circle.
(b) The distance around a circle.
(c) The shortest chord of a circle.
(d) Length of a circle from the center to the rim.
2. What is the formula for the area of a circle?
(a) Subtract the radius from the circumference of a circle.
(b) Multiply the radius times the circumference of a circle.
(c) Multiply the length of the circle from rim to rim times pi.
(d) Multiply pi times the radius of the circle times the radius again.
3. What sea is near Sicily?
4. What hobgoblin would Archimedes' read about to scare him if he was bad?
5. How old was Archimedes when he received his name?
(a) 5 days.
(b) Just hours old.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 24 hours old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tower does not fall because its center of gravity is still over the tower's base?
2. What is not an example of a lever?
3. How much larger did Archimedes believe that the Greek universe (our solar system) was larger than the earth?
4. What is the work that is to be done with a lever called?
5. Who succeeded Hiero when he died?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)