|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The War Machines of Archimedes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word means balance?
2. What did the Greeks called the smallest and fastest planet?
3. What type of mathematics must engineers use to build bridges?
(d) Applied Mathematics.
4. What did Archimedes want on his tomb?
(a) Drawing of a cylinder.
(b) Drawing of a sphere.
(c) Drawings of plane figures.
(d) A figure of a sphere and cylinder.
5. What field of mathematics is necessary to create rockets and space travel?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money would a laborer earn in Archimedes' day?
2. What was the mathematical subject that Archimedes did not write about?
3. What is always the same as the area of a circle if one side was the same as the radius of the circle?
4. In what book did Archimedes give mathematicians a logical way to start any problem and an orderly way of setting things down?
5. How long were the rolls that were used for Greek books?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)