|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The War Machines of Archimedes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what book did Archimedes give mathematicians a logical way to start any problem and an orderly way of setting things down?
(a) On Floating Bodies.
(d) The Sand Reckoner.
2. What word means balance?
3. Which branch of mathematics had the groundwork for its development laid by Archimedes?
4. How many papers did Archimedes write about arithmetic?
5. How many years later after Archimedes' work did another scientist add to the laws of nature that govern liquids at rest?
(a) 500 years.
(b) 1200 years.
(c) 1800 years.
(d) 750 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was a stadium?
2. How did Archimedes's family announce his birth?
3. How many books were in the library at Alexandria?
4. Who was the French scientist who later added to the laws of nature that govern liquids at rest?
5. What sea is near Sicily?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)