|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The War Machines of Archimedes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many years did Archimedes' war machines defend the city of Syracuse?
2. From where would ships bring grain to Sicily?
3. For how many planets was Archimedes able to estimate the distance from earth?
4. Who succeeded Hiero when he died?
5. What part of the Mediterranean Sea did the ships of Carthage control?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is heavier than iron?
2. How many books were included in Euclid's "The Elements"?
3. What is the solid of a rectangle?
4. What is a good project to learn about centers of gravity?
5. What books did Archimedes send to friends in Alexandria with deliberate errors?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)