|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Archimedes and the Centers of Gravity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which factories would ships bring manufactured goods?
2. Who dipped Archimedes in warm water and oil and then wrapped him from head to feet like an Indian papoose?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) A slave.
(d) His godmother.
3. What did the Greeks called the smallest and fastest planet?
4. What was Archimedes favorite branch of mathematics?
5. When was the city of Alexandria founded?
(a) 332 B.C.
(b) 512 B.C.
(c) 429 B.C.
(d) 652 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the King order after Archimedes moved his ship?
2. When was Euclid born?
3. Which astronomers believed that the earth was inside a hollow iron sphere?
4. How long were the rolls that were used for Greek books?
5. What does radius mean?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)