|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Archimedes and the Centers of Gravity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What science did Archimedes begin that deals with the pressure of liquids?
2. For how many planets was Archimedes able to estimate the distance from earth?
3. With Archimedes' polygons, how much more was the circumference than the diameter?
(a) 6 15/94 times.
(b) 3 10/71 times.
(c) 2 5/84 times.
(d) 1 11/63 times.
4. How often did three months have to be added to the Greek year?
(a) Every two years.
(b) Every five years.
(c) Every eight years.
(d) Every four years.
5. What was the value of the largest number for which the Greeks had a name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is pi?
2. What was the name of the largest number for which the Greeks had a name?
3. What is heavier than wood?
4. What did the King order after Archimedes moved his ship?
5. Who was Alexander the Great's tutor?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)