|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Archimedes and the Centers of Gravity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If two weights weigh the same, where will they balance?
(a) In the center.
(b) At equal distances.
(c) At two inches apart.
(d) At eight inches apart.
2. What did Archimedes invent that is still used to drain or irrigate fields, load grain, and run high-speed machines?
(a) Archimedean screw.
(b) Claw of Archimedes.
(c) Block-and-tackle-pulley system.
(d) Archimedean spiral.
3. How old would Archimedes have been when he moved out of the women's quarters?
4. How much larger did Archimedes believe that the universe (all the stars) was than the Greek universe?
(a) 75,000 times.
(b) 50,000 times.
(c) 10,000 times.
(d) 100,000 times.
5. What science did Archimedes begin that deals with the actions of forces on things?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Archimedes used a common Greek measure to estimate the number of grains of sand in the universe, what measure did he use?
2. Which of these is not a plane figure that Archimedes discovered a method for finding the center of gravity?
3. How much larger did Archimedes believe that the Greek universe (our solar system) was larger than the earth?
4. How long were the rolls that were used for Greek books?
5. What is always the same as the area of a circle if one side was the same as the radius of the circle?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)