|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Archimedes and the Centers of Gravity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times in his life did Archimedes leave Sicily and travel?
(a) Two times.
(c) Three times.
2. What was the name of the bugaboo that Archimedes' nurse would read about that frightened him when he was bad?
3. What would be the area of a circle that had a radius of 2 inches?
4. With Archimedes' polygons, how much less was the circumference than the diameter?
(a) 5 1/8 times.
(b) 2 1/2 times.
(c) 3 1/7 times.
(d) 4 1/3 times.
5. How long did the Romans preserve some of Archimedes' astronomical machines?
(a) 75 years.
(b) More than 200 years.
(c) 150 years.
(d) About 100 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the first people to have ideas about gravity?
2. What was Archimedes' father's occupation?
3. What is a good project to learn about centers of gravity?
4. What mathematics is needed to figure the cattle problem?
5. What did Archimedes call the largest number that he worked with?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)