|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Archimedes and Astronomy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the bugaboo that Archimedes' nurse would read about that frightened him when he was bad?
2. What was Archimedes' father's occupation?
3. How many hours did the Greeks believe it took the earth to turn on its axis?
4. How many years later after Archimedes' work did another scientist add to the laws of nature that govern liquids at rest?
(a) 750 years.
(b) 1200 years.
(c) 1800 years.
(d) 500 years.
5. How many days were in the Greek year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "eureka" mean?
2. What did Archimedes invent that is still used to drain or irrigate fields, load grain, and run high-speed machines?
3. How many books were included in Euclid's "The Elements"?
4. What science did Archimedes begin that deals with the pressure of liquids?
5. To what did a series of ropes and wheels run from King Hiero's ship?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)