|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Archimedes and Astronomy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times in his life did Archimedes leave Sicily and travel?
(a) Three times.
(d) Two times.
2. Which planet did the Greeks name after the king of the gods?
3. For how many planets was Archimedes able to estimate the distance from earth?
4. Which astronomers believed that the earth was inside a hollow iron sphere?
5. What is heavier than iron?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not an example of a lever?
2. How long would it have taken Archimedes to sail from Syracuse to Alexandria?
3. From which factories would ships bring manufactured goods?
4. What is the work done on a lever called?
5. What hobgoblin would Archimedes' read about to scare him if he was bad?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)