|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Archimedes and Astronomy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Archimedes when he received his name?
(a) Just hours old.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 24 hours old.
2. How did Archimedes's family announce his birth?
(a) Draped eucalyptus branches around windows of the house.
(b) An announcement was made in the public square.
(c) A slave went to friends and family
(d) Hung an olive branch on the doorpost of their house.
3. Who founded Alexandria?
(d) Alexander the Great.
4. What branch of mathematics did Archimedes invent?
5. What great Greek teacher who lived more than one hundred years before Archimedes believed it was important to learn geometry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sea is near Sicily?
2. Which planet did the Greeks name after the king of the gods?
3. Whom did Archimedes enjoy arguing with regarding whether pure reason was better than practical knowledge?
4. From which factories would ships bring manufactured goods?
5. How old would Archimedes have been when he moved out of the women's quarters?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)