|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Archimedes and King Heiro's Crown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is heavier than wood?
2. Who was Archimedes' predecessor in the field of mathematics?
3. When was the city of Alexandria founded?
(a) 652 B.C.
(b) 429 B.C.
(c) 332 B.C.
(d) 512 B.C.
4. Who was Archimedes' teacher of mathematics at the Museum?
(a) Conon of Samos.
(b) Apollonius of Rhodes.
5. How long was Ptolemy's Museum the center of Greek learning?
(a) 500 years.
(b) 750 years.
(c) 300 years.
(d) 1,000 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Archimedes invent that is still used to drain or irrigate fields, load grain, and run high-speed machines?
2. How old was Archimedes when he received his name?
3. What is the work done on a lever called?
4. What does "eureka" mean?
5. Where would Archimedes sketch his diagrams when he was in his workroom?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)