|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Archimedes and King Heiro's Crown.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the King order after Archimedes moved his ship?
(a) A statue be built of Archimedes.
(b) A medal be designed for Archimedes.
(c) Archimedes always be believed.
(d) Archimedes receive a reward.
2. For how many years did Archimedes' war machines defend the city of Syracuse?
3. Where was Archimedes taken when he had spent days staring at the King's crown and little else?
(a) The baths.
(b) To his parents' home.
(c) To a place to eat.
(d) To see the king.
4. Who was the French scientist who later added to the laws of nature that govern liquids at rest?
(a) Henri Becquerel.
(b) Blaise Pascal.
(c) Marie Curie.
(d) Sebastian Basso.
5. What instrument did Archimedes create that told him the density of liquids?
Short Answer Questions
1. Near what country is Sicily located?
2. What is the work that is to be done with a lever called?
3. What was Archimedes' father's occupation?
4. How old would Archimedes have been when he moved out of the women's quarters?
5. What Greek poet would Archimedes have studied?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)