|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Archimedes and His Lever.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old would Archimedes have been when he moved out of the women's quarters?
2. What would Archimedes' nurse read to him if he was good?
(a) Aesop's Fables.
(b) Tales of the Gods.
(c) Stories about wars.
(d) Stories about giants.
3. What is not an example of a lever?
(b) Screw driver.
(d) An axle.
4. Where would Archimedes sketch his diagrams when he was sitting by the fire in the evening?
(a) Ashes on the hearth.
(b) Clay tablets.
(d) A piece of cloth.
5. From which factories would ships bring manufactured goods?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of lever has the force at one end, the resistance at the other end, and the fulcrum in between?
2. When was Archimedes born?
3. Who was Archimedes' teacher of mathematics at the Museum?
4. When did the Museum open in Alexandria?
5. How did Archimedes's family announce his birth?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)