|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Archimedes and His Lever.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money would a laborer earn in Archimedes' day?
(a) 3 to 5 cents.
(b) 2 cents.
(c) 6 to 10 cents.
(d) 12 cents.
2. What is not an example of a lever?
(b) Screw driver.
(c) An axle.
3. What principle did Archimedes discover that is one of the basic scientific tests of all the elements?
(a) Specific gravity.
(c) Conservation of Energy.
4. What is the work that is to be done with a lever called?
5. What science did Archimedes begin that deals with the pressure of liquids?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Archimedes when he received his name?
2. When was the city of Alexandria founded?
3. What did Archimedes invent that is still used to drain or irrigate fields, load grain, and run high-speed machines?
4. What great Greek teacher who lived more than one hundred years before Archimedes believed it was important to learn geometry?
5. How much would an educated man, like an architect, earn in Archimedes' day?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)