|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Archimedes and His Lever.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long would it have taken Archimedes to sail from Syracuse to Alexandria?
(a) 10 to 12 days.
(b) 16 to 17 days.
(c) 30 days.
(d) 20 days.
2. To what did a series of ropes and wheels run from King Hiero's ship?
(a) An ellipse.
(b) A helix.
(c) A parabola.
(d) A hyperbola.
3. When did the Museum open in Alexandria?
(a) 200 B.C.
(b) 350 B.C.
(c) 300 B.C.
(d) 400 B.C.
4. From where would ships bring fish to Sicily?
(a) Arabian Sea.
(b) Red Sea.
(c) Black Sea.
(d) Bering Sea.
5. What is the point on which the lever turns or moves?
(c) Center point.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many years did Archimedes' war machines defend the city of Syracuse?
2. What constellations did Archimedes' teacher of mathematics discover?
3. Who founded Alexandria?
4. Who was the first person to indicate latitude and longitude on a map?
5. How did Archimedes's family announce his birth?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)