|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Archimedes and His Lever.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old would Archimedes have been when he moved out of the women's quarters?
2. What was the mathematical subject that Archimedes did not write about?
3. What would Archimedes' nurse read to him if he was good?
(a) Tales of the Gods.
(b) Stories about wars.
(c) Stories about giants.
(d) Aesop's Fables.
4. When was Archimedes born?
(a) 315 B.C.
(b) 274 B.C.
(c) 294 B.C.
(d) 287 B.C.
5. Who was Archimedes' predecessor in the field of mathematics?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the city of Alexandria founded?
2. How many miles long would Archimedes' lever have had to be if he had tried to move the earth?
3. How did Archimedes's family announce his birth?
4. On what type of landform was the city located where Archimedes was born?
5. To what did a series of ropes and wheels run from King Hiero's ship?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)