|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Archimedes and His Lever.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Archimedes' nurse read to him if he was good?
(a) Stories about wars.
(b) Tales of the Gods.
(c) Aesop's Fables.
(d) Stories about giants.
2. Where would Archimedes sketch his diagrams when he was in his workroom?
(a) On pieces of cloth.
(b) On a clay tablet.
(c) On papyrus.
(d) In sand on the floor.
3. What type of lever has the force at one end, the resistance at the other end, and the fulcrum in between?
(a) Second-class lever.
(b) First-class lever.
(c) Fourth-class lever.
(d) Third-class lever.
4. What is the work done on a lever called?
5. How many books were in the library at Alexandria?
(c) Half a million.
(d) About a quarter of a million.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Archimedes claim he could move if he had a place to stand?
2. Who dipped Archimedes in warm water and oil and then wrapped him from head to feet like an Indian papoose?
3. On what type of landform was the city located where Archimedes was born?
4. How many times in his life did Archimedes leave Sicily and travel?
5. How old was Archimedes when he received his name?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)