|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The World of Archimedes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What science did Archimedes begin that deals with the actions of forces on things?
2. What Greek poet would Archimedes have studied?
3. What did Archimedes invent that is still used to drain or irrigate fields, load grain, and run high-speed machines?
(a) Archimedean spiral.
(b) Block-and-tackle-pulley system.
(c) Archimedean screw.
(d) Claw of Archimedes.
4. From where would ships bring fish to Sicily?
(a) Red Sea.
(b) Black Sea.
(c) Bering Sea.
(d) Arabian Sea.
5. For how many years did Archimedes' war machines defend the city of Syracuse?
Short Answer Questions
1. What principle did Archimedes discover that is one of the basic scientific tests of all the elements?
2. How many years after Archimedes lived was the printing press invented?
3. What laws did Archimedes discover that led to machines that could move heavy loads or increase speeds, or change directions?
4. How did Archimedes's family announce his birth?
5. From where would ships bring grain to Sicily?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)