|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The World of Archimedes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours did the Greeks believe it took the earth to turn on its axis?
2. During Archimedes' time, where did explorers say that savages called "gorillas" lived?
(a) In the Far East.
(b) South of Egypt.
(c) West of the Mediterranean Sea.
(d) East of the Mediterranean Sea.
3. Near what country is Sicily located?
4. What science did Archimedes begin that deals with the actions of forces on things?
5. What was the mathematical subject that Archimedes did not write about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Archimedes' predecessor in the field of mathematics?
2. What principle did Archimedes discover that tells why some things float, some things sink, and some things rise into the air?
3. What was the name of the bugaboo that Archimedes' nurse would read about that frightened him when he was bad?
4. What great Greek teacher who lived more than one hundred years before Archimedes believed it was important to learn geometry?
5. On what type of landform was the city located where Archimedes was born?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)