|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The World of Archimedes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sea is near Sicily?
2. How long were the rolls that were used for Greek books?
(a) 215 feet long.
(b) 120 feet long.
(c) 75 feet long.
(d) 150 feet long.
3. How much would an educated man, like an architect, earn in Archimedes' day?
(a) 45 cents a day.
(b) 60 cents a day.
(c) 50 cents a day.
(d) 30 cents a day.
4. Who dipped Archimedes in warm water and oil and then wrapped him from head to feet like an Indian papoose?
(a) His godmother.
(b) A slave.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
5. On what type of landform was the city located where Archimedes was born?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much would a skilled craftsman earn in Archimedes' day?
2. For how many planets was Archimedes able to estimate the distance from earth?
3. What science did Archimedes begin that deals with the actions of forces on things?
4. What Greek poet would Archimedes have studied?
5. From where would ships bring grain to Sicily?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)