|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The War Machines of Archimedes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In how many books that Archimedes sent to his friends, did he make deliberate errors?
2. Who founded Alexandria?
(c) Alexander the Great.
3. What sea is near Sicily?
4. Which branch of mathematics had the groundwork for its development laid by Archimedes?
5. What principle did Archimedes discover that tells why some things float, some things sink, and some things rise into the air?
(a) Quantum mechanics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What scientist do most people believe was the first to understand the laws of gravitation?
2. What mathematics is needed to figure the cattle problem?
3. Whom did Archimedes enjoy arguing with regarding whether pure reason was better than practical knowledge?
4. What was Archimedes' father's occupation?
5. What did the King order after Archimedes moved his ship?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)