|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The War Machines of Archimedes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years later after Archimedes' work did another scientist add to the laws of nature that govern liquids at rest?
(a) 1200 years.
(b) 500 years.
(c) 1800 years.
(d) 750 years.
2. How long would it have taken Archimedes to sail from Syracuse to Alexandria?
(a) 30 days.
(b) 10 to 12 days.
(c) 16 to 17 days.
(d) 20 days.
3. Where did Rome capture city states?
4. How long were the rolls that were used for Greek books?
(a) 120 feet long.
(b) 150 feet long.
(c) 215 feet long.
(d) 75 feet long.
5. Where was Archimedes taken when he had spent days staring at the King's crown and little else?
(a) To a place to eat.
(b) The baths.
(c) To his parents' home.
(d) To see the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many planets was Archimedes able to estimate the distance from earth?
2. How old was Archimedes when he received his name?
3. How long was Ptolemy's Museum the center of Greek learning?
4. During Archimedes' time, where did explorers say that savages called "gorillas" lived?
5. What is a name of a paper that Archimedes wrote about arithmetic?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)