|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, The War Machines of Archimedes.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Archimedes worked with a sphere and cylinder, he figured the ratio or relationship of the cylinder to the sphere was ___________.
2. When did the Museum open in Alexandria?
(a) 350 B.C.
(b) 400 B.C.
(c) 200 B.C.
(d) 300 B.C.
3. How many banks of oars did the galleys have that a Roman general used to attack Syracuse?
4. Where did Carthage have colonies?
5. What is the work that is to be done with a lever called?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many years did Archimedes' war machines defend the city of Syracuse?
2. What strait did Carthage control?
3. What mathematics is needed to figure the cattle problem?
4. Who was Alexander the Great's tutor?
5. What was the name of the largest number for which the Greeks had a name?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)