|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Archimedes and His Lever.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Archimedes when he received his name?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) Just hours old.
(d) 24 hours old.
2. Where would Archimedes sketch his diagrams when he was sitting by the fire in the evening?
(a) Clay tablets.
(b) A piece of cloth.
(c) Ashes on the hearth.
3. What is not an example of a lever?
(a) An axle.
(b) Screw driver.
4. How many miles long would Archimedes' lever have had to be if he had tried to move the earth?
(a) 66 billion.
(b) 100 million.
(c) 88 sextillion.
(d) 95 trillion.
5. What was Archimedes' father's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Greek poet would Archimedes have studied?
2. From where would ships bring grain to Sicily?
3. Who founded Alexandria?
4. For how many planets was Archimedes able to estimate the distance from earth?
5. What sea is near Sicily?
This section contains 147 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)