|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Archimedes and His Lever.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Archimedes' father?
2. What is the work that is to be done with a lever called?
3. What was the mathematical subject that Archimedes did not write about?
4. What type of lever has the force at one end, the resistance at the other end, and the fulcrum in between?
(a) Third-class lever.
(b) First-class lever.
(c) Fourth-class lever.
(d) Second-class lever.
5. What is the work done on a lever called?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is not an example of a lever?
2. How many books were included in Euclid's "The Elements"?
3. What constellations did Archimedes' teacher of mathematics discover?
4. How many miles long would Archimedes' lever have had to be if he had tried to move the earth?
5. When was Archimedes born?
This section contains 159 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)