|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Archimedes and His Lever.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Archimedes born?
(a) 294 B.C.
(b) 315 B.C.
(c) 274 B.C.
(d) 287 B.C.
2. What hobgoblin would Archimedes' read about to scare him if he was bad?
3. Who was the first person to indicate latitude and longitude on a map?
4. How old would Archimedes have been when he moved out of the women's quarters?
5. How many times in his life did Archimedes leave Sicily and travel?
(b) Three times.
(d) Two times.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours did the Greeks believe it took the earth to turn on its axis?
2. What science did Archimedes begin that deals with the actions of forces on things?
3. From which factories would ships bring manufactured goods?
4. How many miles long would Archimedes' lever have had to be if he had tried to move the earth?
5. What constellations did Archimedes' teacher of mathematics discover?
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)