|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The Sphere and the Cylinder.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Archimedes worked with a sphere and cylinder, he figured the ratio or relationship of the cylinder to the sphere was ___________.
2. What books did Archimedes send to friends in Alexandria with deliberate errors?
(a) On the Measurement of a Circle.
(b) On Conoids and Spheroids.
(c) The Quadrature of the Parabola.
(d) The Sphere and the Cylinder.
3. What is the work that is to be done with a lever called?
4. What dimensions does a plane figure have?
(a) Length, width and thickness.
(b) Depth and height.
(c) Length and height.
(d) Length and width.
5. What is the work done on a lever called?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where would Archimedes sketch his diagrams when he was in his workroom?
2. What is the point on which the lever turns or moves?
3. In how many books that Archimedes sent to his friends, did he make deliberate errors?
4. Which branch of mathematics deals with distances to directions?
5. What type of lever has the force at one end, the resistance at the other end, and the fulcrum in between?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)