|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, The Sphere and the Cylinder.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Archimedes favorite branch of mathematics?
2. What is the solid of a triangle?
3. Which branch of mathematics deals with motion and change?
(a) Applied Mathematics.
4. Which branch of mathematics studies numbers?
5. In how many books that Archimedes sent to his friends, did he make deliberate errors?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of mathematics must engineers use to build bridges?
2. How many miles long would Archimedes' lever have had to be if he had tried to move the earth?
3. What is the work that is to be done with a lever called?
4. What did Archimedes want on his tomb?
5. What is the solid of a rectangle?
This section contains 157 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)