Chapter 1, Who Was Archimedes?
1. When was Archimedes born?
(a) 287 B.C.
(b) 274 B.C.
(c) 294 B.C.
(d) 315 B.C.
2. On what type of landform was the city located where Archimedes was born?
3. How did Archimedes's family announce his birth?
(a) A slave went to friends and family
(b) Draped eucalyptus branches around windows of the house.
(c) Hung an olive branch on the doorpost of their house.
(d) An announcement was made in the public square.
4. What was the name of Archimedes' father?
5. What was Archimedes' father's occupation?
6. Who dipped Archimedes in warm water and oil and then wrapped him from head to feet like an Indian papoose?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His godmother.
(d) A slave.
7. How old was Archimedes when he received his name?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) Just hours old.
(d) 24 hours old.
8. What science did Archimedes begin that deals with the actions of forces on things?
This section contains 3,484 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)