|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lady Croom's latest lover?
2. What tabloid headline does Hannah share with the Crooms?
3. Chloe believes the others won't support Bernard's theory because __________________.
4. Lady Croom believes she must marry Thomasina off before _______________________.
5. What does Hannah insist she will find at the end of the scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider the two turtles mentioned in the play. Reviewing any mention of the turtles, write an essay in which you determine the symbolic meaning of the animals, and the reason for their constant presence onstage.
Essay Topic 2
Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "A man is related to all nature." Considering the descriptions of the garden before and after its transformation, write an essay in which you consider how man's experience or progress is reflected in the nature at Sidley Park. Use specific examples from the text to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the motifs of free will and determination in the play. Write an essay in which you explain the characters' views on both motifs, and how these motifs contribute to Stoppard's message in the play. Use specific examples of dialogue to support your ideas about the characters' views.
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)