|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it significant that the covers to the letters from Mrs. Chater have not survived?
2. Why does Septimus claim he had an affair with Mrs. Chater?
3. Lady Croom invites Septimus to ____________________.
4. What philosophical dilemma is Chloe quizzing Valentine about at the beginning of the scene?
5. What does Hannah propose to do with the new information?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
According to Chloe, individual attraction is the one reason why determinism doesn't work as a theory. Consider the events of the play and defend, refute, or quality the accuracy of this sentiment.
Essay Topic 2
What do Stoppard's characters have to say about love and sex in his play? Using any one character's dialogue as support, write an essay in which you identify Stoppard's messages about love and sex.
Essay Topic 3
Consider the two turtles mentioned in the play. Reviewing any mention of the turtles, write an essay in which you determine the symbolic meaning of the animals, and the reason for their constant presence onstage.
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)