|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Croom compares Noakes to _________________.
2. Hannah leaves because ____________________________.
3. What philosophical dilemma is Chloe quizzing Valentine about at the beginning of the scene?
4. What article has Septimus loaned Byron?
5. What is Thomasina wearing when she enters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
According to Chloe, individual attraction is the one reason why determinism doesn't work as a theory. Consider the events of the play and defend, refute, or quality the accuracy of this sentiment.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the two turtles mentioned in the play. Reviewing any mention of the turtles, write an essay in which you determine the symbolic meaning of the animals, and the reason for their constant presence onstage.
Essay Topic 3
Stoppard's play explores classical and romantic understanding in several situations. Write an essay in which you determine whether Stoppard seems to favor one of these schools of thought over the other. Use examples from the text to support your ideas.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)