|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hannah insist she will find at the end of the scene?
2. What does Bernard offer to do for Valentine?
3. Hannah does not want to be called ______________.
4. What does Gus bring Hannah at the end of the scene?
5. When Thomasina suggests they must hurry to dance, Septimus responds that __________________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Stoppard use time to develop his message in "Arcadia?" Write an essay in which you determine and support Stoppard's message about time, using specific references to the author's mention and manipulation of time in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Consider the motifs of free will and determination in the play. Write an essay in which you explain the characters' views on both motifs, and how these motifs contribute to Stoppard's message in the play. Use specific examples of dialogue to support your ideas about the characters' views.
Essay Topic 3
Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "A man is related to all nature." Considering the descriptions of the garden before and after its transformation, write an essay in which you consider how man's experience or progress is reflected in the nature at Sidley Park. Use specific examples from the text to support your argument.
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)