|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Septimus claim he had an affair with Mrs. Chater?
(a) Because he needed a substitute for Thomasina.
(b) Because he wanted to have revenge on Mr. Chater.
(c) Because he wanted to have revenge on Mr. Brice.
(d) Because he needed a substitute for Lady Croom.
2. According to the diagram, what can never be recovered after an action is complete?
(a) The damage created by it.
(b) The importance of the action.
(c) The ability to repeat the action.
(d) The heat created by it.
3. Valentine describes Thomasina's diagram as ___________________.
(a) A diagram of the future.
(b) A diagram of heat exchange.
(c) A diagram of positive and negative charges.
(d) A diagram of chaos and order.
4. Why does Septimus say he cannot teach Thomasina to waltz?
(a) Because she is not wearing shoes.
(b) Because there is no music playing.
(c) Because he does not know how.
(d) Because the music playing is too slow for a waltz.
5. Why does Hannah slap Bernard?
(a) He insults her research.
(b) He proposes she leave with him.
(c) He insults Chloe.
(d) She misunderstands a statement he makes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomasina say is significant about tomorrow?
2. Bernard and Chloe ________________________.
3. Who has gone by morning?
4. Where does Hannah find proof that Bernard's theory is incorrect?
5. What objectionable article does Mrs. Chater wear?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)