|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Valentine describes Thomasina's diagram as ___________________.
(a) A diagram of heat exchange.
(b) A diagram of positive and negative charges.
(c) A diagram of chaos and order.
(d) A diagram of the future.
2. What does Thomasina say is significant about tomorrow?
(a) It is the last day of Septimus' employment.
(b) It is her sixteenth birthday.
(c) It is the last day of her life.
(d) It is her seventeenth birthday.
3. What sound occurs in this part of the scene?
(a) A train's whistle.
(b) A steam engine.
(c) A dog barking.
(d) A dog howling.
4. What does Bernard suggest is incorrect about Hannah's first book?
(a) The theory she has about Septimus.
(b) The theory she has about Byron.
(c) The picture on the biography page.
(d) The picture on the dust jacket.
5. Chloe believes the others won't support Bernard's theory because __________________.
(a) They are angry with him.
(b) They are jealous.
(c) They don't understand him.
(d) They are trying to steal his ideas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Croom believes she must marry Thomasina off before _______________________.
2. Why does Hannah slap Bernard?
3. What is the title of Bernard's publication?
4. Valentine believes ___________________________________________.
5. What does Bernard offer to do for Valentine?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)