|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernard suggest is incorrect about Hannah's first book?
(a) The theory she has about Septimus.
(b) The picture on the dust jacket.
(c) The picture on the biography page.
(d) The theory she has about Byron.
2. In what style of dress are the Crooms attired as the scene opens?
(d) Regency wear
3. What is Thomasina wearing when she enters?
(a) Travelling clothes.
(b) Modern clothing.
(c) A nightgown.
(d) Regency clothing.
4. What does Thomasina do to Septimus?
(a) She blows out his oil lamp.
(b) She draws him out of the room.
(c) She kisses him.
(d) She takes his hand.
5. Hannah continues to question Bernard's theory about Byron because ___________________.
(a) He has questioned her research.
(b) He has no proof.
(c) He is a sexist.
(d) He will not concede any of her points.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can't Noakes provide for the garden?
2. Chloe believes the deterministic universe cannot work because _____________________.
3. How has Lady Croom punished her brother for choosing his acquaintances unwisely?
4. Why does Hannah suggest an afterlife would be a mixed blessing for Bernard?
5. According to Chloe, what is her mother looking for?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)