|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hannah discover in the book Bernard has given her?
(a) The hermit was actually Lord Byron.
(b) Septimus and Lord Byron had a duel in 1809.
(c) The hermit left Sidley Park after Byron did.
(d) Septimus and the hermit were born in the same year.
2. What is Septimus doing while the others sleep?
(a) He is reading Thomasina's essay.
(b) He is reading Noakes' garden plans.
(c) He is reading Byron's poetry.
(d) He is reading Chater's poetry.
3. What does Septimus bring home for Thomasina?
(a) A dead racoon for racoon pie.
(b) A dead pigeon for pigeon pie.
(c) A dead rabbit for rabbit pie.
(d) A dead pheasant for pheasant pie.
4. What does Bernard suggest is incorrect about Hannah's first book?
(a) The theory she has about Septimus.
(b) The theory she has about Byron.
(c) The picture on the dust jacket.
(d) The picture on the biography page.
5. What sound occurs in this part of the scene?
(a) A dog howling.
(b) A dog barking.
(c) A train's whistle.
(d) A steam engine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Septimus apologizes for ______________________________.
2. What is unusual about the staging in this scene?
3. Why is it significant that the covers to the letters from Mrs. Chater have not survived?
4. What is Thomasina wearing when she enters?
5. What is Bernard's response to Hannah's statement that she has a theory but cannot prove it?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)