|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomasina do to Septimus?
(a) She draws him out of the room.
(b) She kisses him.
(c) She blows out his oil lamp.
(d) She takes his hand.
2. What does Hannah propose to do with the new information?
(a) Write a letter demanding an apology from Bernard.
(b) Write a letter in support of Bernard.
(c) Write a letter refuting Bernard's article.
(d) Write a letter apologizing to Bernard.
3. What sound occurs in this part of the scene?
(a) A dog howling.
(b) A steam engine.
(c) A dog barking.
(d) A train's whistle.
4. Lady Croom objects to Septimus' love letter because _________________________.
(a) He has written other women love letters as well.
(b) The letter is badly written.
(c) He has had an affair with Mrs. Chater.
(d) He has written the exact same letter to Mrs. Chater.
5. Bernard's dialogue reveals _____________________-.
(a) That Byron was never at Sidley Park.
(b) That Byron left the States in a hurry.
(c) That Byron left England in a hurry.
(d) That Byron fought Chater in a duel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hannah insist she will find at the end of the scene?
2. In what style of dress are the Crooms attired as the scene opens?
3. According to Lady Croom, who is in love with Mrs. Chater?
4. What is Septimus doing while the others sleep?
5. What is unusual about the staging in this scene?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)