|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hannah insist she will find at the end of the scene?
(a) Proof for her theory that Thomasina was a genius.
(b) Proof for her theory that Septimus was the hermit.
(c) Proof for her theory that the hermit never existed.
(d) Proof for her theory that Bernard was wrong.
2. Hannah continues to question Bernard's theory about Byron because ___________________.
(a) He is a sexist.
(b) He has questioned her research.
(c) He will not concede any of her points.
(d) He has no proof.
3. What is Valentine working on at the beginning of this scene?
(a) Planning his proposal to Hannah
(b) Looking through the game book for information on Grouses
(c) Pushing Thomasina's equations through his computer
(d) Writing a letter to the editor protesting Bernard's findings
4. Why won't Valentine drive Bernard home from Sidley Park?
(a) Valentine sold his car.
(b) Valentine wants Chloe to drive Bernard.
(c) Valentine is too angry to drive Bernard.
(d) Valentine is too drunk to drive.
5. Where does Hannah find proof that Bernard's theory is incorrect?
(a) In Lady Croom's letter from Septimus.
(b) In Noakes' garden sketches.
(c) In Lady Croom's garden book.
(d) In Thomasina's portfolio.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lady Croom, who is in love with Mrs. Chater?
2. What does Bernard learn about his theory of Byron and the supposed duel with Chater?
3. Bernard states that the drama of life at Sidley Park was about __________________-.
4. What is the title of Bernard's publication?
5. Who has gone by morning?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)