|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Croom objects to Septimus' love letter because _________________________.
(a) He has had an affair with Mrs. Chater.
(b) He has written other women love letters as well.
(c) He has written the exact same letter to Mrs. Chater.
(d) The letter is badly written.
2. Chloe believes the deterministic universe cannot work because _____________________.
(a) History gets in the way.
(b) Egos get in the way.
(c) Math will not allow it.
(d) Sex gets in the way.
3. When Thomasina asks Septimus to meet her in her room, he _______________.
(a) Kisses her.
(c) Gets angry.
4. What is the only science God has seen fit to bestow on man, according to Septimus?
5. According to Lady Croom, who is in love with Mrs. Chater?
(b) Lord Byron.
(c) Lord Croom.
(d) Captain Brice.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Chater actually die?
2. Why are the modern characters wearing period clothes in this scene?
3. What does Gus bring Hannah at the end of the scene?
4. Why does Hannah encourage Valentine to continue working on his own equations?
5. What does Bernard offer to do for Valentine?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)