|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gus bring Hannah at the end of the scene?
(a) A drawing of Septimus and Thomasina.
(b) A drawing of Septimus and Byron.
(c) A drawing of the hermit in his hermitage.
(d) A drawing of Septimus holding Plautus.
2. How does Hannah reconcile the tension between science and religion?
(a) Science is valuable as an earthly struggle; religion a cheat
(b) Science is the countenance of God's creation
(c) Science measures what is quantifiable, while religion explains what is qualitative
(d) Science is God's method of ordering the universe
3. What scientific constant fascinates Valentine?
(a) That all life-- from grouse to human-- is unpredictable
(b) That there is no mathematical equation for love
(c) That math is reversable, but death is not
(d) That the universe moves from hot to cold, but not the other way around
4. What can't Noakes provide for the garden?
(a) Water for the waterfall.
(b) Flowers for the flowerbed.
(c) Rocks for the cliff.
(d) A hermit for the hermitage.
5. According to Chole, what is the flaw in the theory of the deterministic universe?
(a) Thomasina's math equations are wrong
(b) Sexual attraction breaks down the order
(c) It ignores God's role in designing free will
(d) The universe gradually moves from order to chaos
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomasina say is significant about tomorrow?
2. Hannah leaves because ____________________________.
3. When Thomasina asks Septimus to meet her in her room, he _______________.
4. What sound effect signals a change in eras?
5. How old is Thomasina at this point?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)