|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Septimus say he cannot teach Thomasina to waltz?
(a) Because she is not wearing shoes.
(b) Because the music playing is too slow for a waltz.
(c) Because there is no music playing.
(d) Because he does not know how.
2. What is Bernard's response to Hannah's statement that she has a theory but cannot prove it?
(a) He tells her to publish it.
(b) He tells her to wait until she finds proof.
(c) He tells her she will never publish because she is too timid.
(d) He tells her no good theory can be proven.
3. At the start of the scene, Bernard is _____________________.
(a) Reading Byron's journal.
(b) Reading his manuscript.
(c) Reading Lady Croom's letters.
(d) Reading Hannah's manuscript.
4. What does Augustus question Septimus about?
5. Lady Croom objects to Septimus' love letter because _________________________.
(a) He has had an affair with Mrs. Chater.
(b) He has written other women love letters as well.
(c) He has written the exact same letter to Mrs. Chater.
(d) The letter is badly written.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lady Croom, who is in love with Mrs. Chater?
2. Chloe believes the others won't support Bernard's theory because __________________.
3. Septimus apologizes for ______________________________.
4. When Thomasina asks Septimus to meet her in her room, he _______________.
5. According to Chloe, what is her mother looking for?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)