|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hannah discover in the book Bernard has given her?
(a) Septimus and Lord Byron had a duel in 1809.
(b) Septimus and the hermit were born in the same year.
(c) The hermit was actually Lord Byron.
(d) The hermit left Sidley Park after Byron did.
2. Why does Brice bring Chater to the West Indies?
(a) So he can have an affair with Mrs. Chater.
(b) So he can avoid a duel with Chater.
(c) So he can avoid a duel with Septimus.
(d) So he can be sure Chater is killed.
3. Chloe believes the others won't support Bernard's theory because __________________.
(a) They are jealous.
(b) They are angry with him.
(c) They don't understand him.
(d) They are trying to steal his ideas.
4. What is Valentine looking for?
(a) Thomasina's drawing of the hermit.
(b) Thomasina's turtle.
(c) Thomasina's essay.
(d) Thomasina's diagram.
5. Bernard states that the drama of life at Sidley Park was about __________________-.
(a) Sex and literature.
(b) Literature and philosophy.
(c) Sex and history.
(d) Philosophy and poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about the staging in this scene?
2. Lady Croom compares Noakes to _________________.
3. Why will Bernard return to Sidley Park?
4. Why does Hannah encourage Valentine to continue working on his own equations?
5. What is the only science God has seen fit to bestow on man, according to Septimus?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)