|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bernard states that the drama of life at Sidley Park was about __________________-.
(a) Literature and philosophy.
(b) Sex and literature.
(c) Sex and history.
(d) Philosophy and poetry.
2. What does Hannah discover in the book Bernard has given her?
(a) The hermit left Sidley Park after Byron did.
(b) Septimus and the hermit were born in the same year.
(c) The hermit was actually Lord Byron.
(d) Septimus and Lord Byron had a duel in 1809.
3. Why is it significant that the covers to the letters from Mrs. Chater have not survived?
(a) The covers would have born Septimus' name, not Byron's.
(b) The covers would have revealed the actual dates.
(c) The covers would have revealed the author of the letters.
(d) The covers would have revealed that Byron read them.
4. Why are the modern characters wearing period clothes in this scene?
(a) They are being photographed for Chloe's wedding.
(b) They are reenacting Thomasina and Septimus' story.
(c) They are being photgraphed for Bernard's article.
(d) They are being photographed before the dance.
5. Why is Lady Croom upset with Septimus?
(a) Because he has written Thomasina a love letter in the event of his death.
(b) Because he has written a bad review of Chater's poem.
(c) Because he has written her a love letter in the event of his death.
(d) Because he has written a bad review of Byron's poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chloe, what is her mother looking for?
2. Lady Croom forgives Septimus because _____________________.
3. What does Bernard offer to do for Valentine?
4. What is unusual about the staging in this scene?
5. Why does Hannah slap Bernard?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)