|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Croom forgives Septimus because _____________________.
(a) He defends her.
(b) He threatens to leave her.
(c) He pleads with her.
(d) He flatters her.
2. How are the modern characters dressed differently in this scene?
(a) They are wearing Victorian clothing.
(b) They are wearing Elizabethan clothing.
(c) They are wearing Regency clothing.
(d) They are wearing Edwardian clothing.
3. What secret does Augustus know about Thomasina?
(a) That she kissed Septimus
(b) That she is in love with Byron
(c) That she is secretly a genius
(d) That she is adopted
4. Why is Lady Croom upset with Septimus?
(a) Because he has written her a love letter in the event of his death.
(b) Because he has written a bad review of Chater's poem.
(c) Because he has written a bad review of Byron's poem.
(d) Because he has written Thomasina a love letter in the event of his death.
5. What sound occurs in this part of the scene?
(a) A dog barking.
(b) A steam engine.
(c) A dog howling.
(d) A train's whistle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hannah insist she will find at the end of the scene?
2. Bernard refutes Hannah's suggestions about the events of the past by telling her ___________________.
3. What is Thomasina wearing when she enters?
4. What is Lady Croom unhappy about?
5. Why do Valentine, Bernard, Hannah, and Chloe leave during the scene?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)