|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What philosophical dilemma is Chloe quizzing Valentine about at the beginning of the scene?
(a) Science vs. Art
(b) Good vs. Evil
(c) Rationality vs. Romanticism
(d) Fate vs. Free Will
2. Who is Lady Croom's latest lover?
(b) Count Zelinsky.
3. Why is Lady Croom upset with Byron?
(a) She caught Byron leaving Thomasina's room.
(b) She caught Byron leaving Mrs. Chater's room.
(c) She caught Thomasina leaving his room.
(d) She caught Mrs. Chater leaving his room.
4. What does Lady Croom ask Jellaby to bring her?
(a) Her infusion.
(b) Her incision.
(c) Her indecision.
(d) Her invitation.
5. What is the title of Bernard's publication?
(a) Byron's duel, and the hidden genius of Ezra Chater
(b) The wit and wisdom of Thomasina Croom
(c) Even in Arcadia--Sex, Literature, and Death at Sidley Park
(d) The Couch of Eros
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Croom objects to Septimus' love letter because _________________________.
2. Why is it significant that the covers to the letters from Mrs. Chater have not survived?
3. Why does Hannah suggest an afterlife would be a mixed blessing for Bernard?
4. What sound effect signals a change in eras?
5. According to Hannah, how is the study of history like science?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)