|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Septimus burn Lord Byron's letter?
(a) Because the letter offends Septimus.
(b) Because the letter offends Lady Croom.
(c) Because the letter was addressed to Lady Croom.
(d) Because the letter is meant for Thomasina.
2. Why does Hannah suggest an afterlife would be a mixed blessing for Bernard?
(a) He would have to face Septimus.
(b) He would have to face Lord Byron.
(c) He would have to apologize to Chater.
(d) He would have to apologize to Lady Croom.
3. Why are the modern characters wearing period clothes in this scene?
(a) They are being photographed before the dance.
(b) They are reenacting Thomasina and Septimus' story.
(c) They are being photgraphed for Bernard's article.
(d) They are being photographed for Chloe's wedding.
4. Why is Lady Croom upset with Byron?
(a) She caught Mrs. Chater leaving his room.
(b) She caught Byron leaving Thomasina's room.
(c) She caught Thomasina leaving his room.
(d) She caught Byron leaving Mrs. Chater's room.
5. Septimus apologizes for ______________________________.
(a) Bringing Chater to Byron's room.
(b) Bringing an unworthy lover to Mrs. Croom.
(c) Bringing Byron to Mrs. Chater's room.
(d) Bringing an unworthy friend to Lady Croom's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can't Noakes provide for the garden?
2. When Thomasina suggests they must hurry to dance, Septimus responds that __________________.
3. Why is Lady Croom upset with Septimus?
4. How has Lady Croom punished her brother for choosing his acquaintances unwisely?
5. What does Bernard offer to do for Valentine?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)