|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the modern characters wearing period clothes in this scene?
(a) They are being photgraphed for Bernard's article.
(b) They are being photographed before the dance.
(c) They are being photographed for Chloe's wedding.
(d) They are reenacting Thomasina and Septimus' story.
2. What does Septimus do with the letters at the end of the scene?
(a) Throws them away.
(b) Puts them in The Couch of Eros.
(c) Puts them in his copy of Byron's book.
(d) Burns them.
3. What does Hannah discover in the book Bernard has given her?
(a) Septimus and the hermit were born in the same year.
(b) The hermit was actually Lord Byron.
(c) The hermit left Sidley Park after Byron did.
(d) Septimus and Lord Byron had a duel in 1809.
4. Valentine is _____________.
5. Hannah's quoting of Byron's poetry suggests what to Valentine?
(a) Septimus may have secretly written much of Byron's poetry
(b) Byron and Septimus may share a similar genius
(c) Byron was not as talented as history suggests
(d) Thomasina was more brilliant than both men
Short Answer Questions
1. What tabloid headline does Hannah share with the Crooms?
2. At the start of the scene, Bernard is _____________________.
3. What is Septimus doing while the others sleep?
4. Chloe believes the deterministic universe cannot work because _____________________.
5. What does Thomasina say is significant about tomorrow?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)