|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What plant betrays Bernard's theory about Byron and the duel?
(a) A dahlia.
(b) A pansy.
(c) A daisy.
(d) A mum.
2. What does Bernard suggest is incorrect about Hannah's first book?
(a) The picture on the dust jacket.
(b) The theory she has about Byron.
(c) The picture on the biography page.
(d) The theory she has about Septimus.
3. Why is it significant that the covers to the letters from Mrs. Chater have not survived?
(a) The covers would have revealed the actual dates.
(b) The covers would have born Septimus' name, not Byron's.
(c) The covers would have revealed that Byron read them.
(d) The covers would have revealed the author of the letters.
4. What does Hannah propose to do with the new information?
(a) Write a letter refuting Bernard's article.
(b) Write a letter demanding an apology from Bernard.
(c) Write a letter in support of Bernard.
(d) Write a letter apologizing to Bernard.
5. How old is Thomasina at this point?
(b) Seventeen and a half.
(c) Sixteen and eleven months.
(d) Sixteen and a half.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hannah does not want to be called ______________.
2. Bernard invites Hannah to London for ________.
3. Lady Croom believes she must marry Thomasina off before _______________________.
4. What are the four actors onstage doing when the lights go down?
5. Who is Lady Croom's latest lover?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)