|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Croom forgives Septimus because _____________________.
(a) He pleads with her.
(b) He defends her.
(c) He flatters her.
(d) He threatens to leave her.
2. What does Bernard learn about his theory of Byron and the supposed duel with Chater?
(a) He learns that Chater was not killed at Sidley Park.
(b) He learns that Chater killed Byron at Sidley Park.
(c) He learns that Chater and Byron were not at Sidley Park at the same time.
(d) He learns that Chater and Byron were actually friends.
3. What does Augustus question Septimus about?
4. Why does Hannah repeatedly raise her hand during Bernard's reading?
(a) She is objecting to unsupported statements.
(b) She is trying to prove he is wrong.
(c) She is objecting to his offensive language.
(d) She is afraid to interrupt him aloud.
5. Why doesn't Lord Croom hear the commotion during the night?
(a) He is too far away to hear the commotion.
(b) He is half-deaf from advanced age.
(c) He is not interested in the actions of his guests.
(d) He is half-deaf from years of shooting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bernard calls Hannah's first book _________________.
2. What does Thomasina do to Septimus?
3. Why do Valentine, Bernard, Hannah, and Chloe leave during the scene?
4. Who has gone by morning?
5. Why does Hannah encourage Valentine to continue working on his own equations?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)