|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Croom invites Septimus to ____________________.
(a) Join her in her sitting room later.
(b) Join her for a bath later.
(c) Join her for dinner later.
(d) Join her in the gazebo later.
2. Who does Thomasina claim she will marry?
(d) Lord Byron.
3. What scientific constant fascinates Valentine?
(a) That all life-- from grouse to human-- is unpredictable
(b) That there is no mathematical equation for love
(c) That math is reversable, but death is not
(d) That the universe moves from hot to cold, but not the other way around
4. Lady Croom objects to Septimus' love letter because _________________________.
(a) He has written other women love letters as well.
(b) He has written the exact same letter to Mrs. Chater.
(c) He has had an affair with Mrs. Chater.
(d) The letter is badly written.
5. Chloe believes the others won't support Bernard's theory because __________________.
(a) They don't understand him.
(b) They are trying to steal his ideas.
(c) They are angry with him.
(d) They are jealous.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the start of the scene, Bernard is _____________________.
2. What is Valentine looking for?
3. Hannah continues to question Bernard's theory about Byron because ___________________.
4. Bernard calls Hannah's first book _________________.
5. Septimus apologizes for ______________________________.
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)