|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomasina believes she has made a discovery in ______________.
2. For what reason has Hannah enlisted Valentine in this scene?
(a) To explain Thomasina's math equations
(b) To translate a particularly difficult passage of Latin
(c) To access a Croom family heirloom
(d) To help disprove Bernard's Byron theory
3. Thomasina is ___________________.
(a) Translating Greek.
(b) Translating Hebrew.
(c) Translating Latin.
(d) Translating Italian.
4. What sounds end the scene?
(a) Violin music and crows crying.
(b) A gun shot and piano music.
(c) A gun shot and crows crying.
(d) Piano music and the steam engine.
5. What event is going to occur at Sidley Park?
(a) An auction.
(b) A charity benefit.
(c) A dance for the district.
(d) A birthday party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound interrupts Lady Croom's conversation?
2. Where does Chater ask Septimus to join him?
3. Hannah reveals that ___________________________-.
4. What philosophical concepts do Septimus and Thomasina discuss in the scene?
5. Brice claims that as a tutor, Septimus must __________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Chater's character.
2. Why is Hannah interested in the hermit of Sidley Park?
3. What "compact" has Septimus made with Thomasina in the hermitage?
4. What example of dramatic irony occurs between Septimus and Thomasina?
5. Why couldn't Thomasina have carried out her calculations to completion?
6. What has Hannah found for Bernard?
7. What information does Bernard seek at Sidley Park?
8. How does Lady Croom's interpretation of "Et in Arcadia ego!" differ from Septimus'?
9. Describe Valentine's view of Bernard's article.
10. Describe the relationship between Lady Croom and Thomasina.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)