|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chater ask Septimus to join him?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In the hermitage.
(c) In the gun room.
(d) In the sun room.
2. Lady Croom claims her garden is currently arranged ______________________.
(a) As her husband designed it.
(b) As God intended it.
(c) According to the latest fashion.
(d) According to her tastes.
3. What does Bernard say Hannah is lacking?
(a) Killer instinct.
(d) Gut instinct.
4. How does Bernard first mislead Hannah?
(a) He lies about his job.
(b) He lies about his work on Byron.
(c) He lies about his relationship with Chloe.
(d) He lies about his name.
5. When Septimus mentions death in Arcadia, Thomasina responds ____________________.
(a) Death is inevitable.
(b) Death be damned!
(c) Phooey to Death!
(d) Death cannot stop true love!
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Croom believes Thomasina has _______________________.
2. What has Valentine's mother loaned Bernard?
3. In what year does the play begin?
4. Who enters the scene uninvited?
5. When he learns he might find information about Byron, Bernard makes arrangements to _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Bernard seek at Sidley Park?
2. What does Hannah plan to do about her discovery?
3. Why does Thomasina suggest Septimus is churlish with her?
4. Why have the Chaters and Captain Brice gone off together?
5. What does Thomasina's theory about stirring jam into rice pudding represent to her?
6. Why does Augustus return to Septimus at the end of Thomasina's lesson?
7. Describe Lady Croom's character.
8. What images has Thomasina captured in her drawing?
9. Describe Thomasina's character.
10. What is the relationship between Thomasina and Septimus?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)