|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives after Hannah exits?
(a) Bernard and Gus.
(b) Valentine and Gus.
(c) Chloe and Bernard.
(d) Chloe and Valentine.
2. How does Chloe describe her brother, Gus?
(a) As a genius.
(b) As a sexist.
(c) As a savant.
(d) As a threat.
3. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
(a) The babe in the woods.
(b) The ghost in the machine.
(c) The man in the moon.
(d) The Baptist in the wilderness.
4. Who is Lady Croom in love with, according to Thomasina?
(b) Mr. Chater.
(c) Mr. Noakes.
(d) Lord Byron.
5. Where are the game books kept?
(a) In the commode.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the closet.
(d) In the pantry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event is going to occur at Sidley Park?
2. Thomasina is ___________________.
3. Hannah reveals that ___________________________-.
4. Where is the proof that Byron was at Sidley Park in 1809?
5. Who enters the scene uninvited?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lady Croom suddenly interested in the piano?
2. What does Thomasina's theory about stirring jam into rice pudding represent to her?
3. Explain Chloe's theory that sex thwarts the deterministic universe.
4. What is Thomasina's major objection to Cleopatra's obsession with love and sex?
5. What mistake has Bernard made in researching the letters he found in Byron's book?
6. Why does Septimus receive a challenge?
7. What is Bernard's objection to Valentine's assertion that knowledge is all that matters?
8. Why does Augustus return to Septimus at the end of Thomasina's lesson?
9. Why is Hannah interested in the hermit of Sidley Park?
10. What details of the duel does Septimus agree to?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)