|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Valentine's turtle?
2. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
(a) Lord Byron's.
(b) Ezra Chater's.
(c) Ezra Pound's.
3. What book is Byron mentioned as the author of?
(a) Poetical Verses
(b) Lyrical Ballads
(c) The Couch of Eros
(d) English Bards and Scottish reviewers
4. At what time has Septimus agreed to duel Chater?
(b) Five o'clock
5. What does Chloe claim is true of her brother?
(a) She claims he is leaving Sidley Park for good.
(b) She claims he has information about her book.
(c) She claims he is in love with Hannah.
(d) She claims he has fought a duel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the scene uninvited?
2. Why is Hannah at Sidley Park?
3. How does Chloe describe her brother, Gus?
4. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
5. What does Septimus receive at the beginning of the scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Septimus burn Byron's letter without reading it?
2. Why does Augustus join in Thomasina's drawing lesson?
3. Why does Thomasina suggest Septimus is churlish with her?
4. What is Thomasina's major objection to Cleopatra's obsession with love and sex?
5. Why is Gus considered a genius?
6. What, according to Valentine, is iteration?
7. What information does Bernard seek at Sidley Park?
8. What major change has occurred since Septimus left the house the previous evening?
9. What images has Thomasina captured in her drawing?
10. Why have the Chaters and Captain Brice gone off together?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)