|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomasina does not discover that Septimus was found with Mrs. Chater because_____________________________.
(a) Thomasina believes Septimus is in love with her mother.
(b) The servants discovered her listening and stopped talking.
(c) Thomasina believes Septimus loves only her.
(d) The servants tried to cover up for Septimus.
2. Thomasina believes she has made a discovery in ______________.
3. Lady Croom wants Septimus to _______________________.
(a) Talk Thomasina out of leaving.
(b) Talk Byron out of leaving.
(c) Talk Chater out of leaving.
(d) Talk Brice out of leaving.
4. What does Chloe claim is true of her brother?
(a) She claims he has fought a duel.
(b) She claims he has information about her book.
(c) She claims he is in love with Hannah.
(d) She claims he is leaving Sidley Park for good.
5. Septimus calls attention to ______________________.
(a) Brice's affair with Mrs. Chater.
(b) Noakes' affair with Lady Croom.
(c) Brice's affair with Thomasina.
(d) Noakes' affair with Mrs. Chater.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thomasina is also upset over _________________________.
2. What does Bernard say Hannah is lacking?
3. Lady Croom believes Thomasina has _______________________.
4. Why does Gus run out of the room at the end of the scene?
5. Septimus admits to ______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Septimus manage to placate Lady Croom about his own behavior?
2. Describe the relationship between Lady Croom and Thomasina.
3. Why isn't Hannah interested in listening to Bernard read his article?
4. Describe Chloe's relationship with Bernard.
5. What changes does Noakes propose for the garden?
6. What does Hannah plan to do about her discovery?
7. What is Thomasina's major objection to Cleopatra's obsession with love and sex?
8. Why does Bernard leave the party?
9. Why does Thomasina get angry when Septimus translates from Latin?
10. Why does Augustus join in Thomasina's drawing lesson?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)