Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Valentine studying using his mathematical process?
(c) Apple leaves
2. What does Thomasina believe she can plot with mathematical formulas?
(a) Shapes in nature.
(b) Manufactured images.
3. What is the title of the poem Septimus is reading?
(a) The Origin of Species.
(b) The Raven.
(c) The Hound of the Baskervilles.
(d) The Couch of Eros.
4. Thomasina delivers a letter from ________________.
(a) Lady Croom.
(b) Mr. Chater.
(c) Mrs. Chater.
(d) Mr. Noakes.
5. Thomasina does not discover that Septimus was found with Mrs. Chater because_____________________________.
(a) Thomasina believes Septimus is in love with her mother.
(b) The servants tried to cover up for Septimus.
(c) The servants discovered her listening and stopped talking.
(d) Thomasina believes Septimus loves only her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What philosophical concepts do Septimus and Thomasina discuss in the scene?
2. Why is Hannah at Sidley Park?
3. Brice accuses Septimus of ___________.
4. Why does Thomasina hate Cleopatra?
5. Who is onstage when the scene begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurs between Hannah and Gus at the end of the scene?
2. Describe Thomasina's character.
3. Why does Thomasina suggest Septimus is churlish with her?
4. Why has Thomasina come to see Septimus in the middle of the night?
5. What details of the duel does Septimus agree to?
6. Why does Augustus join in Thomasina's drawing lesson?
7. What is Bernard's objection to Valentine's assertion that knowledge is all that matters?
8. How does Chloe respond to Bernard's reading?
9. What events does Lady Croom relate about the previous evening?
10. Describe Lady Croom's character.
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)