|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernard say Hannah is lacking?
(a) Gut instinct.
(c) Killer instinct.
2. What does Gus bring Hannah?
(a) A turtle.
(b) A theodolite.
(c) A book.
(d) An apple.
3. Septimus admits to ______________________.
(a) Slandering Chater's wife.
(b) Ignoring Chater's wife.
(c) Making love to Chater's wife.
(d) Running away with Chater's wife.
4. What false last name does Chloe give Bernard?
5. What is remarkable about Thomasina's math equations?
(a) The solutions disprove Newton's theories
(b) The data is pulled from piano music
(c) The technique she uses is only about 20-years-old
(d) The equations are riddled with errors
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Septimus agree to at the end of the scene?
2. Why is Lady Croom vexed with her husband?
3. What sounds end the scene?
4. What is Hannah reading at the beginning of the scene?
5. What is Hannah's gift to Bernard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Thomasina's major objection to Cleopatra's obsession with love and sex?
2. Why isn't Hannah interested in listening to Bernard read his article?
3. What plan of Byron's is objectionable to Lady Croom?
4. What comfort does Lady Croom take in her brother's marriage to Mrs. Chater?
5. What question does Bernard repeatedly ask throughout his reading?
6. What, according to Valentine, is iteration?
7. How does Septimus avoid a duel with Chater?
8. What changes does Noakes propose for the garden?
9. Why is Lady Croom suddenly interested in the piano?
10. What major change has occurred since Septimus left the house the previous evening?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)