|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hannah reveals that ___________________________-.
(a) Septimus and Byron were lovers.
(b) Septimus and Byron did not get along.
(c) Septimus and Byron were school mates.
(d) Septimus and Byron duelled at Sidley Park.
2. Which character enters and exits without speaking?
3. Brice accuses Septimus of ___________.
4. Septimus admits to ______________________.
(a) Making love to Chater's wife.
(b) Ignoring Chater's wife.
(c) Running away with Chater's wife.
(d) Slandering Chater's wife.
5. Why does Thomasina hate Cleopatra?
(a) Because Cleopatra spoke Latin.
(b) Because Cleopatra hated Queen Elizabeth.
(c) Because Cleopatra destroyed Rome.
(d) Because Cleopatra was consumed with love and sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Septimus place his letter after he has read it?
2. What does Septimus agree to at the end of the scene?
3. Chater accuses Septimus of __________________-.
4. What sound recurs in this scene?
5. What sound interrupts Lady Croom's conversation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why isn't Hannah interested in listening to Bernard read his article?
2. What mistake has Bernard made in researching the letters he found in Byron's book?
3. What are Lady Croom's major concerns for her daughter?
4. What information does Bernard seek at Sidley Park?
5. What has Hannah found for Bernard?
6. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard has "bitten" Hannah?
7. What "compact" has Septimus made with Thomasina in the hermitage?
8. What example of dramatic irony occurs between Septimus and Thomasina?
9. How does Chloe respond to Bernard's reading?
10. Why does Augustus join in Thomasina's drawing lesson?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)