|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
(a) The ghost in the machine.
(b) The babe in the woods.
(c) The Baptist in the wilderness.
(d) The man in the moon.
2. Where is the proof that Byron was at Sidley Park in 1809?
(a) The proof is in the letter Hannah finds.
(b) The proof is in a game book that records him shooting a hare.
(c) the prrof is in Lady Croom's journal.
(d) The proof is in Bernard's book on Byron.
3. What does Septimus receive at the beginning of the scene?
(a) Another letter.
(b) A book.
(c) An apple.
(d) Another turtle.
4. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard should hide his car?
(a) Lord Croom would not allow guests who did not ride bicycles.
(b) Lord Croom would not allow guests with Japanese cars.
(c) Lord Croom would not allow guests who did not drive carriages.
(d) Lord Croom would not allow guests who drove foreign cars.
5. Who is onstage when the scene begins?
(b) Lady Croom.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Thomasina asks Septimus about sexual congress, he _________________________.
2. Who is Mr. Noakes?
3. What is Hannah's gift to Bernard?
4. What is Valentine studying using his mathematical process?
5. How does Chloe describe her brother, Gus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What comfort does Lady Croom take in her brother's marriage to Mrs. Chater?
2. What is Thomasina's major objection to Cleopatra's obsession with love and sex?
3. Why doesn't Bernard want Hannah to know his real name?
4. What details of the duel does Septimus agree to?
5. Why isn't Hannah interested in listening to Bernard read his article?
6. What are Lady Croom's major concerns for her daughter?
7. What is the theory of heat exchange discussed in the scene?
8. Why is Hannah writing about the garden at Sidley Park?
9. What has Hannah found for Bernard?
10. Why is Lady Croom suddenly interested in the piano?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)