|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernard offer to do for Valentine?
(a) Give him credit for finding the game book.
(b) Give him credit for proving Byron killed Chater.
(c) Give him credit for proving Chater was dead in 1810.
(d) Give him credit for editing the Bernard's book.
2. Why will Bernard return to Sidley Park?
(a) For further research.
(b) For the press conference.
(c) For the book signing.
(d) For the dance.
3. What does Augustus question Septimus about?
4. What is Thomasina wearing when she enters?
(a) Travelling clothes.
(b) Regency clothing.
(c) Modern clothing.
(d) A nightgown.
5. Bernard's dialogue reveals _____________________-.
(a) That Byron left England in a hurry.
(b) That Byron fought Chater in a duel.
(c) That Byron left the States in a hurry.
(d) That Byron was never at Sidley Park.
6. What assignment does Septimus give Thomasina?
(a) He wants her to explain Determinism.
(b) He wants her to explain her drawing of him and Plautus.
(c) He wants her to explain Newton's theories.
(d) He wants her to explain her diagram of heat exchange.
7. How has Lady Croom punished her brother for choosing his acquaintances unwisely?
8. Why does Septimus say he cannot teach Thomasina to waltz?
(a) Because he does not know how.
(b) Because there is no music playing.
(c) Because the music playing is too slow for a waltz.
(d) Because she is not wearing shoes.
9. What does Septimus do with the letters at the end of the scene?
(a) Puts them in his copy of Byron's book.
(b) Throws them away.
(c) Burns them.
(d) Puts them in The Couch of Eros.
10. Valentine describes Thomasina's diagram as ___________________.
(a) A diagram of chaos and order.
(b) A diagram of heat exchange.
(c) A diagram of positive and negative charges.
(d) A diagram of the future.
11. Hannah continues to question Bernard's theory about Byron because ___________________.
(a) He will not concede any of her points.
(b) He has no proof.
(c) He has questioned her research.
(d) He is a sexist.
12. What is Valentine looking for?
(a) Thomasina's essay.
(b) Thomasina's diagram.
(c) Thomasina's drawing of the hermit.
(d) Thomasina's turtle.
13. What is Septimus doing while the others sleep?
(a) He is reading Chater's poetry.
(b) He is reading Thomasina's essay.
(c) He is reading Noakes' garden plans.
(d) He is reading Byron's poetry.
14. What does Thomasina do to Septimus?
(a) She takes his hand.
(b) She kisses him.
(c) She draws him out of the room.
(d) She blows out his oil lamp.
15. What secret does Augustus know about Thomasina?
(a) That she kissed Septimus
(b) That she is secretly a genius
(c) That she is in love with Byron
(d) That she is adopted
Short Answer Questions
1. When Thomasina suggests they must hurry to dance, Septimus responds that __________________.
2. According to Chloe, what is her mother looking for?
3. Why does Septimus burn Lord Byron's letter?
4. What does Hannah discover in the book Bernard has given her?
5. Hannah's quoting of Byron's poetry suggests what to Valentine?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)