|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Valentine, Bernard, Hannah, and Chloe leave during the scene?
(a) They are being photographed for Bernard's book.
(b) They are being photographed for Hannah's book.
(c) They are being interviewed for the local paper.
(d) They are being photographed for the local paper.
2. How are the modern characters dressed differently in this scene?
(a) They are wearing Regency clothing.
(b) They are wearing Elizabethan clothing.
(c) They are wearing Edwardian clothing.
(d) They are wearing Victorian clothing.
3. Chloe believes the deterministic universe cannot work because _____________________.
(a) Egos get in the way.
(b) Math will not allow it.
(c) Sex gets in the way.
(d) History gets in the way.
4. Bernard's dialogue reveals _____________________-.
(a) That Byron was never at Sidley Park.
(b) That Byron fought Chater in a duel.
(c) That Byron left England in a hurry.
(d) That Byron left the States in a hurry.
5. Valentine believes ___________________________________________.
(a) That science is trivial, and only personalities matter.
(b) That math is trivial, and only science matters.
(c) That history is trivial, and only math matters.
(d) That personalities are trivial, and only science matters.
6. Why does Hannah repeatedly raise her hand during Bernard's reading?
(a) She is objecting to his offensive language.
(b) She is objecting to unsupported statements.
(c) She is afraid to interrupt him aloud.
(d) She is trying to prove he is wrong.
7. Who has gone by morning?
(a) Brice and the Chaters.
(b) Brice, the Chaters, and Byron.
(c) Only the Chaters.
(d) Only Byron.
8. Bernard invites Hannah to London for ________.
(a) His lecture.
(b) A book tour.
(d) More research.
9. Bernard and Chloe ________________________.
(a) Were caught together by Chloe's mother.
(b) Were caught together by Chloe's father.
(c) Were caught falsifying his research.
(d) Were caught leaving together.
10. What is Lady Croom unhappy about?
(a) The damage Noakes has done to her piano.
(b) The affair she is having with Septimus.
(c) The affair she is having with Noakes.
(d) The damage Noakes has done to her garden.
11. What does Augustus question Septimus about?
12. Valentine is _____________.
13. Why does Brice bring Chater to the West Indies?
(a) So he can have an affair with Mrs. Chater.
(b) So he can avoid a duel with Septimus.
(c) So he can avoid a duel with Chater.
(d) So he can be sure Chater is killed.
14. What does Hannah propose to do with the new information?
(a) Write a letter in support of Bernard.
(b) Write a letter apologizing to Bernard.
(c) Write a letter refuting Bernard's article.
(d) Write a letter demanding an apology from Bernard.
15. According to Lady Croom, who is in love with Mrs. Chater?
(a) Captain Brice.
(b) Lord Croom.
(c) Lord Byron.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tabloid headline does Hannah share with the Crooms?
2. What does Thomasina do to Septimus?
3. At the start of the scene, Bernard is _____________________.
4. How has Lady Croom punished her brother for choosing his acquaintances unwisely?
5. When Thomasina asks Septimus to meet her in her room, he _______________.
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)