|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hannah propose to do with the new information?
(a) Write a letter refuting Bernard's article.
(b) Write a letter apologizing to Bernard.
(c) Write a letter in support of Bernard.
(d) Write a letter demanding an apology from Bernard.
2. What is the title of Bernard's publication?
(a) Even in Arcadia--Sex, Literature, and Death at Sidley Park
(b) Byron's duel, and the hidden genius of Ezra Chater
(c) The wit and wisdom of Thomasina Croom
(d) The Couch of Eros
3. According to Chloe, what is her mother looking for?
(a) A theodolite.
(b) A dictionary.
(c) A thesaurus.
(d) A microscope.
4. Hannah leaves because ____________________________.
(a) She has found proof of Lady Croom's affair with Byron.
(b) She has found proof to support Bernard's claim.
(c) She has found proof to refute Bernard's claim.
(d) She had found proof that Septimus was the hermit.
5. What does Bernard offer to do for Valentine?
(a) Give him credit for editing the Bernard's book.
(b) Give him credit for proving Byron killed Chater.
(c) Give him credit for proving Chater was dead in 1810.
(d) Give him credit for finding the game book.
6. Lady Croom invites Septimus to ____________________.
(a) Join her in the gazebo later.
(b) Join her for dinner later.
(c) Join her in her sitting room later.
(d) Join her for a bath later.
7. What article has Septimus loaned Byron?
(a) His copy of The Maid of Turkey.
(b) His copy of Keats.
(c) His copy of The Couch of Eros.
(d) His copy of Byron.
8. Why is Lady Croom upset with Septimus?
(a) Because he has written her a love letter in the event of his death.
(b) Because he has written a bad review of Chater's poem.
(c) Because he has written Thomasina a love letter in the event of his death.
(d) Because he has written a bad review of Byron's poem.
9. What is Valentine looking for?
(a) Thomasina's drawing of the hermit.
(b) Thomasina's turtle.
(c) Thomasina's essay.
(d) Thomasina's diagram.
10. What secret does Augustus know about Thomasina?
(a) That she is adopted
(b) That she kissed Septimus
(c) That she is in love with Byron
(d) That she is secretly a genius
11. What is unusual about the staging in this scene?
(a) The period characters are wearing modern clothing.
(b) The modern and period characters appear simultaneously.
(c) The modern characters are interacting with the period characters.
(d) The modern characters do not speak.
12. What tabloid headline does Hannah share with the Crooms?
(a) Sex, Literature, and Death at Sidley Park
(b) Mad Monkey Bites Back
(c) Child Prodigy Solves Apple Leaf
(d) Bonking Byron Shot Poet
13. When Thomasina asks Septimus to meet her in her room, he _______________.
(a) Gets angry.
(b) Kisses her.
14. In what style of dress are the Crooms attired as the scene opens?
(c) Regency wear
15. What objectionable article does Mrs. Chater wear?
(a) A corset.
(b) A girdle.
(c) A hoop skirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can't Noakes provide for the garden?
2. What does Septimus do with the letters at the end of the scene?
3. What does Gus bring Hannah at the end of the scene?
4. What does Bernard suggest is incorrect about Hannah's first book?
5. Lady Croom objects to Septimus' love letter because _________________________.
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)