|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound effect signals a change in eras?
(a) The music grows modern.
(b) The music fades away.
2. What is Lady Croom unhappy about?
(a) The damage Noakes has done to her piano.
(b) The affair she is having with Septimus.
(c) The affair she is having with Noakes.
(d) The damage Noakes has done to her garden.
3. What does Bernard offer to do for Valentine?
(a) Give him credit for proving Chater was dead in 1810.
(b) Give him credit for editing the Bernard's book.
(c) Give him credit for finding the game book.
(d) Give him credit for proving Byron killed Chater.
4. What objectionable article does Mrs. Chater wear?
(a) A girdle.
(b) A hoop skirt.
(c) A corset.
5. Bernard invites Hannah to London for ________.
(a) More research.
(b) His lecture.
(d) A book tour.
6. What does Septimus bring home for Thomasina?
(a) A dead rabbit for rabbit pie.
(b) A dead pheasant for pheasant pie.
(c) A dead pigeon for pigeon pie.
(d) A dead racoon for racoon pie.
7. Chloe believes the deterministic universe cannot work because _____________________.
(a) History gets in the way.
(b) Egos get in the way.
(c) Sex gets in the way.
(d) Math will not allow it.
8. How has Lady Croom punished her brother for choosing his acquaintances unwisely?
9. What can't Noakes provide for the garden?
(a) A hermit for the hermitage.
(b) Water for the waterfall.
(c) Rocks for the cliff.
(d) Flowers for the flowerbed.
10. Why are the modern characters wearing period clothes in this scene?
(a) They are reenacting Thomasina and Septimus' story.
(b) They are being photographed before the dance.
(c) They are being photographed for Chloe's wedding.
(d) They are being photgraphed for Bernard's article.
11. Lady Croom believes she must marry Thomasina off before _______________________.
(a) She is too sarcastic to be found desireable.
(b) She is too old to be found desireable.
(c) She is too poor to be an eligible bride.
(d) She is educated beyond eligibility.
12. Why does Hannah repeatedly raise her hand during Bernard's reading?
(a) She is afraid to interrupt him aloud.
(b) She is objecting to unsupported statements.
(c) She is trying to prove he is wrong.
(d) She is objecting to his offensive language.
13. What philosophical dilemma is Chloe quizzing Valentine about at the beginning of the scene?
(a) Rationality vs. Romanticism
(b) Fate vs. Free Will
(c) Science vs. Art
(d) Good vs. Evil
14. What does Bernard learn about his theory of Byron and the supposed duel with Chater?
(a) He learns that Chater was not killed at Sidley Park.
(b) He learns that Chater killed Byron at Sidley Park.
(c) He learns that Chater and Byron were actually friends.
(d) He learns that Chater and Byron were not at Sidley Park at the same time.
15. What does Gus bring Hannah at the end of the scene?
(a) A drawing of the hermit in his hermitage.
(b) A drawing of Septimus holding Plautus.
(c) A drawing of Septimus and Thomasina.
(d) A drawing of Septimus and Byron.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomasina say is significant about tomorrow?
2. At the start of the scene, Bernard is _____________________.
3. Hannah continues to question Bernard's theory about Byron because ___________________.
4. In what style of dress are the Crooms attired as the scene opens?
5. Who does Thomasina claim she will marry?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)