|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bernard's response to Hannah's statement that she has a theory but cannot prove it?
(a) He tells her she will never publish because she is too timid.
(b) He tells her to publish it.
(c) He tells her to wait until she finds proof.
(d) He tells her no good theory can be proven.
2. What does Augustus question Septimus about?
3. Why is Lady Croom upset with Byron?
(a) She caught Byron leaving Mrs. Chater's room.
(b) She caught Thomasina leaving his room.
(c) She caught Byron leaving Thomasina's room.
(d) She caught Mrs. Chater leaving his room.
4. Who does Thomasina claim she will marry?
(d) Lord Byron.
5. Where does Hannah find proof that Bernard's theory is incorrect?
(a) In Thomasina's portfolio.
(b) In Noakes' garden sketches.
(c) In Lady Croom's garden book.
(d) In Lady Croom's letter from Septimus.
6. Hannah does not want to be called ______________.
7. Why will Bernard return to Sidley Park?
(a) For the book signing.
(b) For the dance.
(c) For further research.
(d) For the press conference.
8. What philosophical dilemma is Chloe quizzing Valentine about at the beginning of the scene?
(a) Rationality vs. Romanticism
(b) Fate vs. Free Will
(c) Good vs. Evil
(d) Science vs. Art
9. Lady Croom objects to Septimus' love letter because _________________________.
(a) He has had an affair with Mrs. Chater.
(b) He has written other women love letters as well.
(c) He has written the exact same letter to Mrs. Chater.
(d) The letter is badly written.
10. Bernard calls Hannah's first book _________________.
(a) A work of fiction.
(b) A novelette.
(c) A work of historical value.
(d) A romance novel.
11. Chloe believes the others won't support Bernard's theory because __________________.
(a) They are angry with him.
(b) They don't understand him.
(c) They are jealous.
(d) They are trying to steal his ideas.
12. What sound effect signals a change in eras?
(a) The music fades away.
(c) The music grows modern.
13. Who has gone by morning?
(a) Only Byron.
(b) Brice and the Chaters.
(c) Only the Chaters.
(d) Brice, the Chaters, and Byron.
14. What are the four actors onstage doing when the lights go down?
15. Bernard's dialogue reveals _____________________-.
(a) That Byron left the States in a hurry.
(b) That Byron left England in a hurry.
(c) That Byron was never at Sidley Park.
(d) That Byron fought Chater in a duel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Chater actually die?
2. Why does Hannah slap Bernard?
3. What does Hannah propose to do with the new information?
4. Why does Hannah suggest an afterlife would be a mixed blessing for Bernard?
5. Why does Hannah encourage Valentine to continue working on his own equations?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)