|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tabloid headline does Hannah share with the Crooms?
(a) Sex, Literature, and Death at Sidley Park
(b) Mad Monkey Bites Back
(c) Child Prodigy Solves Apple Leaf
(d) Bonking Byron Shot Poet
2. Bernard's dialogue reveals _____________________-.
(a) That Byron fought Chater in a duel.
(b) That Byron left England in a hurry.
(c) That Byron left the States in a hurry.
(d) That Byron was never at Sidley Park.
3. What does Thomasina do to Septimus?
(a) She kisses him.
(b) She draws him out of the room.
(c) She takes his hand.
(d) She blows out his oil lamp.
4. Who is Lady Croom's latest lover?
(a) Count Zelinsky.
5. At the start of the scene, Bernard is _____________________.
(a) Reading Byron's journal.
(b) Reading his manuscript.
(c) Reading Lady Croom's letters.
(d) Reading Hannah's manuscript.
6. Lady Croom invites Septimus to ____________________.
(a) Join her for dinner later.
(b) Join her in the gazebo later.
(c) Join her in her sitting room later.
(d) Join her for a bath later.
7. What objectionable article does Mrs. Chater wear?
(a) A girdle.
(c) A hoop skirt.
(d) A corset.
8. According to the diagram, what can never be recovered after an action is complete?
(a) The importance of the action.
(b) The ability to repeat the action.
(c) The heat created by it.
(d) The damage created by it.
9. How has Lady Croom punished her brother for choosing his acquaintances unwisely?
10. What can't Noakes provide for the garden?
(a) Flowers for the flowerbed.
(b) Rocks for the cliff.
(c) A hermit for the hermitage.
(d) Water for the waterfall.
11. Chloe believes the others won't support Bernard's theory because __________________.
(a) They don't understand him.
(b) They are trying to steal his ideas.
(c) They are angry with him.
(d) They are jealous.
12. What does Bernard learn about his theory of Byron and the supposed duel with Chater?
(a) He learns that Chater killed Byron at Sidley Park.
(b) He learns that Chater was not killed at Sidley Park.
(c) He learns that Chater and Byron were actually friends.
(d) He learns that Chater and Byron were not at Sidley Park at the same time.
13. What does Gus bring Hannah at the end of the scene?
(a) A drawing of Septimus holding Plautus.
(b) A drawing of the hermit in his hermitage.
(c) A drawing of Septimus and Thomasina.
(d) A drawing of Septimus and Byron.
14. Lady Croom compares Noakes to _________________.
(a) A lamb among lions.
(b) A rooster in the henhouse.
(c) A bull in a china shop.
(d) A rabid dog.
15. According to Lady Croom, who is in love with Mrs. Chater?
(a) Lord Croom.
(b) Captain Brice.
(d) Lord Byron.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hannah encourage Valentine to continue working on his own equations?
2. What is the difficulty with Thomasina's diagram?
3. What does Bernard suggest is incorrect about Hannah's first book?
4. What are the four actors onstage doing when the lights go down?
5. Lady Croom objects to Septimus' love letter because _________________________.
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)