|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event is going to occur at Sidley Park?
(a) A charity benefit.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) An auction.
(d) A dance for the district.
2. Why does Thomasina hate Cleopatra?
(a) Because Cleopatra was consumed with love and sex.
(b) Because Cleopatra destroyed Rome.
(c) Because Cleopatra hated Queen Elizabeth.
(d) Because Cleopatra spoke Latin.
3. What false last name does Chloe give Bernard?
4. Septimus describes carnal embrace as _______________________.
(a) Throwing one's arms around a lover.
(b) Throwing one's arms around a cow.
(c) Throwing one's arms around an animal.
(d) Throwing one's arms around a side of beef.
5. Where does the play take place?
(a) Sidley Park, Derbyshire.
(b) Rosings Park, Derbyshire.
(c) Sydney Park, Australia.
(d) Central Park, New York.
6. When he learns he might find information about Byron, Bernard makes arrangements to _______________.
(a) Begin writing a book.
(b) Stay in town.
(c) Stay at Sidley Park.
(d) Hide his car from Lord Croom.
7. Chater accuses Septimus of __________________-.
(a) Misleading his wife.
(b) Betraying his wife.
(c) Stealing his wife.
(d) Insulting his wife.
8. When Thomasina asks Septimus about sexual congress, he _________________________.
(a) Attempts to leave the room.
(b) Attempts to offer a detailed explanation.
(c) Attempts to change the subject.
(d) Attempts to seduce her.
9. Who arrives after Hannah exits?
(a) Valentine and Gus.
(b) Chloe and Valentine.
(c) Chloe and Bernard.
(d) Bernard and Gus.
10. What does Hannah demand of Bernard that prompts him to call her a silly bitch?
(a) Another piece of research in exchange for hers.
(b) Another review of her book.
(c) Proof for his theories on Byron.
(d) Proof for his theory of chaos.
11. What does Hannah's letter prove?
(a) It proves that Byron was dead by 1810.
(b) It proves that Brice wanted to kill Byron.
(c) It proves that Chater was dead by 1810.
(d) It proves that Byron duelled with Chater in 1809.
12. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard should hide his car?
(a) Lord Croom would not allow guests with Japanese cars.
(b) Lord Croom would not allow guests who drove foreign cars.
(c) Lord Croom would not allow guests who did not drive carriages.
(d) Lord Croom would not allow guests who did not ride bicycles.
13. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
(a) Wealthier than her elders.
(b) Disrespectful to her elders.
(c) Impolite to her elders.
(d) Cleverer than her elders
14. What does Bernard say Hannah is lacking?
(a) Killer instinct.
(c) Gut instinct.
15. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
(a) The man in the moon.
(b) The babe in the woods.
(c) The ghost in the machine.
(d) The Baptist in the wilderness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thomasina does not discover that Septimus was found with Mrs. Chater because_____________________________.
2. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard did not receive a reply to his letter from Lord Croom?
3. Why is Lady Croom vexed with her husband?
4. Why does Gus run out of the room at the end of the scene?
5. Who seems particularly offended by Septimus' dalliance with Mrs. Chater?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)