|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time has Septimus agreed to duel Chater?
(b) Five o'clock
2. What does Brice say of Septimus with regard to their duel?
(a) That Septimus will find a way to cheat.
(b) That Septimus is all bluster and bladder
(c) That Septimus is a formidable shot
(d) That Septimus will enlist Byron's help
3. Thomasina is supposed to be studying
(b) Romantic Poetry.
4. What is Valentine studying using his mathematical process?
(a) Apple leaves
5. Where is the proof that Byron was at Sidley Park in 1809?
(a) The proof is in Bernard's book on Byron.
(b) the prrof is in Lady Croom's journal.
(c) The proof is in a game book that records him shooting a hare.
(d) The proof is in the letter Hannah finds.
6. What does Hannah's letter prove?
(a) It proves that Byron duelled with Chater in 1809.
(b) It proves that Byron was dead by 1810.
(c) It proves that Brice wanted to kill Byron.
(d) It proves that Chater was dead by 1810.
7. What does Gus bring Hannah?
(a) A turtle.
(b) An apple.
(c) A theodolite.
(d) A book.
8. How does Bernard first mislead Hannah?
(a) He lies about his relationship with Chloe.
(b) He lies about his name.
(c) He lies about his work on Byron.
(d) He lies about his job.
9. When Septimus mentions death in Arcadia, Thomasina responds ____________________.
(a) Death be damned!
(b) Death cannot stop true love!
(c) Death is inevitable.
(d) Phooey to Death!
10. Who is Mr. Noakes?
(a) The tutor.
(b) The landscape architect.
(c) The butler.
(d) Mrs. Croom's brother.
11. Why does Bernard think Byron engaged in a duel at Sidley Park?
(a) He has discovered that Byron left England in a hurry.
(b) He has discovered Septimus' letters in The Couch of Eros.
(c) He has discovered Byron's journal from the days he spent at Sidley Park.
(d) He has discovered that Byron later married Mrs. Chater.
12. Where are the game books kept?
(a) In the commode.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the pantry.
(d) In the closet.
13. Where does Chater ask Septimus to join him?
(a) In the hermitage.
(b) In the gun room.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In the sun room.
14. According to Lady Croom, who has shot a pigeon?
(a) Septimus' school friend.
(b) Mr. Noakes.
(c) Lord Croom.
15. Why does Septimus describe Noakes as the serpent in the garden?
(a) Because Noakes is dishonest.
(b) Because Noakes discovered Septimus' tryst and told others about it.
(c) Because Noakes discovered Mrs. Chater with Byron, but accused Septimus instead.
(d) Because Noakes tried to lead Septimus into temptation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thomasina delivers a letter from ________________.
2. Why does Septimus finally agree to duel with Chater?
3. What does Septimus receive at the beginning of the scene?
4. Thomasina believes she has made a discovery in ______________.
5. What false last name does Chloe give Bernard?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)