|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Septimus claims he will not fight Chater because __________________________.
(a) He will not shoot a man whose wife has cuckolded him.
(b) He will not shoot a guest of Lady Croom's.
(c) He will not shoot a religious man.
(d) He will not shoot a first rank poet.
2. What is Hannah reading at the beginning of the scene?
(a) A letter from Septimus
(b) The journal of Thomasina Coverly
(c) The Couch of Eros
(d) The journal of Lord Byron
3. How does Hannah reconcile the tension between science and religion?
(a) Science is God's method of ordering the universe
(b) Science measures what is quantifiable, while religion explains what is qualitative
(c) Science is the countenance of God's creation
(d) Science is valuable as an earthly struggle; religion a cheat
4. When Thomasina asks Septimus to meet her in her room, he _______________.
(b) Gets angry.
(d) Kisses her.
5. What is Thomasina wearing when she enters?
(a) A nightgown.
(b) Travelling clothes.
(c) Regency clothing.
(d) Modern clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tabloid headline does Hannah share with the Crooms?
2. Why does Hannah suggest an afterlife would be a mixed blessing for Bernard?
3. What does Bernard say Hannah is lacking?
4. Why does Bernard think Byron engaged in a duel at Sidley Park?
5. Who does Thomasina claim she will marry?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)