|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hannah reconcile the tension between science and religion?
(a) Science is God's method of ordering the universe
(b) Science is the countenance of God's creation
(c) Science is valuable as an earthly struggle; religion a cheat
(d) Science measures what is quantifiable, while religion explains what is qualitative
2. What does Hannah demand of Bernard that prompts him to call her a silly bitch?
(a) Proof for his theories on Byron.
(b) Another review of her book.
(c) Another piece of research in exchange for hers.
(d) Proof for his theory of chaos.
3. What event is going to occur at Sidley Park?
(a) A charity benefit.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) A dance for the district.
(d) An auction.
4. Why does Gus run out of the room at the end of the scene?
(a) He is bothered by the pistol shot
(b) He is jealous of Chloe's affection for Bernard
(c) He hates people shouting
(d) He feels Valentine is disrespectful of Byron
5. Lady Croom compares Noakes to _________________.
(a) A lamb among lions.
(b) A bull in a china shop.
(c) A rabid dog.
(d) A rooster in the henhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Septimus' reply to the letter is _____________________________.
2. Why does Brice bring Chater to the West Indies?
3. Why doesn't Lord Croom hear the commotion during the night?
4. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
5. In what year does the play begin?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)