|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound occurs in this part of the scene?
(a) A dog barking.
(b) A train's whistle.
(c) A steam engine.
(d) A dog howling.
2. Septimus describes carnal embrace as _______________________.
(a) Throwing one's arms around a side of beef.
(b) Throwing one's arms around an animal.
(c) Throwing one's arms around a lover.
(d) Throwing one's arms around a cow.
3. Thomasina's discussion of rice pudding proves, in her words, that _______________________.
(a) You cannot stir things apart.
(b) You can't always get what you want.
(c) You cannot separate things permanently.
(d) You cannot create chaos from order.
4. What is the difficulty with Thomasina's diagram?
(a) She did not care enough about the subject to take it seriously.
(b) She hid the formulas so no one would be able to decipher it.
(c) She did not have time to complete it.
(d) She did not have the mathematical knowledge to complete it.
5. How does Thomasina's mathematical process differ from Valentine's?
(a) Thomasina's math is emotional; Valentine's math is analytical
(b) Thomasina uses calculus; Valentine uses algebra
(c) Thomasina is interested in art; Valentine is interested in science
(d) Thomasina begins with the equation; Valentine begins with data
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lady Croom, who is in love with Mrs. Chater?
2. Valentine believes ___________________________________________.
3. Why does Septimus burn Lord Byron's letter?
4. What is the name of Valentine's turtle?
5. What is the one word Valentine repeats in her first two entrances?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)