|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of the scene, Bernard is _____________________.
(a) Reading his manuscript.
(b) Reading Hannah's manuscript.
(c) Reading Lady Croom's letters.
(d) Reading Byron's journal.
2. Bernard invites Hannah to London for ________.
(b) His lecture.
(c) A book tour.
(d) More research.
3. Who has gone by morning?
(a) Only Byron.
(b) Brice and the Chaters.
(c) Only the Chaters.
(d) Brice, the Chaters, and Byron.
4. According to Chole, what is the flaw in the theory of the deterministic universe?
(a) Thomasina's math equations are wrong
(b) It ignores God's role in designing free will
(c) The universe gradually moves from order to chaos
(d) Sexual attraction breaks down the order
5. Hannah's quoting of Byron's poetry suggests what to Valentine?
(a) Thomasina was more brilliant than both men
(b) Septimus may have secretly written much of Byron's poetry
(c) Byron was not as talented as history suggests
(d) Byron and Septimus may share a similar genius
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bernard think Byron engaged in a duel at Sidley Park?
2. Why does Hannah repeatedly raise her hand during Bernard's reading?
3. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
4. Who enters the scene uninvited?
5. Why will Bernard return to Sidley Park?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)