|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the modern characters dressed differently in this scene?
(a) They are wearing Elizabethan clothing.
(b) They are wearing Regency clothing.
(c) They are wearing Edwardian clothing.
(d) They are wearing Victorian clothing.
2. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
(a) Man's free will or self-determination.
(b) Manifest destiny.
(c) The theory of relativity.
(d) Man's inherent evil nature.
3. Why will Bernard return to Sidley Park?
(a) For the press conference.
(b) For the dance.
(c) For further research.
(d) For the book signing.
4. In what year does the play begin?
(d) The present.
5. Why is Lady Croom vexed with her husband?
(a) He has had an affair with Mrs. Chater.
(b) He is determined to duel with Septimus.
(c) He is determined to duel with Lord Byron.
(d) He is determined to change the garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Septimus do with the letters at the end of the scene?
2. Chloe believes the others won't support Bernard's theory because __________________.
3. What philosophical dilemma is Chloe quizzing Valentine about at the beginning of the scene?
4. Where does Septimus place his letter after he has read it?
5. Why does Hannah slap Bernard?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)