|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomasina is ___________________.
(a) Translating Hebrew.
(b) Translating Italian.
(c) Translating Greek.
(d) Translating Latin.
2. Why won't Valentine drive Bernard home from Sidley Park?
(a) Valentine is too drunk to drive.
(b) Valentine sold his car.
(c) Valentine wants Chloe to drive Bernard.
(d) Valentine is too angry to drive Bernard.
3. Who is Mr. Noakes?
(a) The butler.
(b) The tutor.
(c) The landscape architect.
(d) Mrs. Croom's brother.
4. Septimus describes carnal embrace as _______________________.
(a) Throwing one's arms around a cow.
(b) Throwing one's arms around an animal.
(c) Throwing one's arms around a lover.
(d) Throwing one's arms around a side of beef.
5. What secret does Augustus know about Thomasina?
(a) That she is secretly a genius
(b) That she is in love with Byron
(c) That she kissed Septimus
(d) That she is adopted
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernard offer to do for Valentine?
2. At what time has Septimus agreed to duel Chater?
3. What is the name of Valentine's turtle?
4. What is Hannah reading at the beginning of the scene?
5. Lady Croom objects to Septimus' love letter because _________________________.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)