|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Septimus doing while the others sleep?
(a) He is reading Chater's poetry.
(b) He is reading Thomasina's essay.
(c) He is reading Noakes' garden plans.
(d) He is reading Byron's poetry.
2. Why does Gus run out of the room at the end of the scene?
(a) He hates people shouting
(b) He is bothered by the pistol shot
(c) He is jealous of Chloe's affection for Bernard
(d) He feels Valentine is disrespectful of Byron
3. In what year does the play begin?
(b) The present.
4. According to Hannah, how is the study of history like science?
(a) Both have no room for romantic feelings
(b) Both seek to create universal laws
(c) Both believe things can't be proved true, only not to be false yet
(d) Both rely on rigorous experimentation
5. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
(a) Ezra Pound's.
(b) Lord Byron's.
(c) Ezra Chater's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What false last name does Chloe give Bernard?
2. Lady Croom believes she must marry Thomasina off before _______________________.
3. How does Chloe describe her brother, Gus?
4. Thomasina does not discover that Septimus was found with Mrs. Chater because_____________________________.
5. Why will Bernard return to Sidley Park?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)