|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Septimus describe Noakes as the serpent in the garden?
(a) Because Noakes tried to lead Septimus into temptation.
(b) Because Noakes discovered Mrs. Chater with Byron, but accused Septimus instead.
(c) Because Noakes discovered Septimus' tryst and told others about it.
(d) Because Noakes is dishonest.
2. What does Hannah discover in the book Bernard has given her?
(a) The hermit was actually Lord Byron.
(b) The hermit left Sidley Park after Byron did.
(c) Septimus and the hermit were born in the same year.
(d) Septimus and Lord Byron had a duel in 1809.
3. What does Hannah propose to do with the new information?
(a) Write a letter apologizing to Bernard.
(b) Write a letter refuting Bernard's article.
(c) Write a letter in support of Bernard.
(d) Write a letter demanding an apology from Bernard.
4. Who suggests Lady Croom's translation of Et in Arcadia Ego is incorrect?
5. Bernard's dialogue reveals _____________________-.
(a) That Byron left the States in a hurry.
(b) That Byron was never at Sidley Park.
(c) That Byron fought Chater in a duel.
(d) That Byron left England in a hurry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What false last name does Chloe give Bernard?
2. Bernard invites Hannah to London for ________.
3. What sound recurs in this scene?
4. Chater realizes that Byron intends ____________________.
5. How old is Thomasina at this point?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)