|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hannah repeatedly raise her hand during Bernard's reading?
(a) She is trying to prove he is wrong.
(b) She is objecting to his offensive language.
(c) She is afraid to interrupt him aloud.
(d) She is objecting to unsupported statements.
2. Bernard invites Hannah to London for ________.
(a) A book tour.
(c) More research.
(d) His lecture.
3. What does Lady Croom ask Jellaby to bring her?
(a) Her infusion.
(b) Her incision.
(c) Her indecision.
(d) Her invitation.
4. Valentine describes Thomasina's diagram as ___________________.
(a) A diagram of positive and negative charges.
(b) A diagram of the future.
(c) A diagram of heat exchange.
(d) A diagram of chaos and order.
5. What does Gus bring Hannah at the end of the scene?
(a) A drawing of the hermit in his hermitage.
(b) A drawing of Septimus and Thomasina.
(c) A drawing of Septimus holding Plautus.
(d) A drawing of Septimus and Byron.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hannah demand of Bernard that prompts him to call her a silly bitch?
2. Who enters the scene uninvited?
3. Why does Hannah suggest an afterlife would be a mixed blessing for Bernard?
4. What sound effect is heard constantly throughout this scene?
5. Why do Valentine, Bernard, Hannah, and Chloe leave during the scene?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)