|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brice want Septimus to accept Chater's challenge?
(a) He is in love with Thomasina and wants Septimus dead.
(b) He is upset over Septimus' affair with Mrs. Brice.
(c) He is upset over Septimus' affair with Lady Croom.
(d) He is in love with Mrs. Chater himself.
2. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
(a) The babe in the woods.
(b) The ghost in the machine.
(c) The Baptist in the wilderness.
(d) The man in the moon.
3. Thomasina is also upset over _________________________.
(a) The lost plays of of the Athenians and Aristotle's library.
(b) Augustus' endless teasing
(c) The advances of Captain Brice
(d) Septimus' lack of mathematical vision
4. Lady Croom invites Septimus to ____________________.
(a) Join her for dinner later.
(b) Join her in the gazebo later.
(c) Join her for a bath later.
(d) Join her in her sitting room later.
5. What does Chloe claim is true of her brother?
(a) She claims he is in love with Hannah.
(b) She claims he is leaving Sidley Park for good.
(c) She claims he has information about her book.
(d) She claims he has fought a duel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives after Hannah exits?
2. Septimus apologizes for ______________________________.
3. What does Hannah insist she will find at the end of the scene?
4. What sound accompanies the dialogue in parts of the scene?
5. What does Lady Croom ask Jellaby to bring her?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)