|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hannah demand of Bernard that prompts him to call her a silly bitch?
(a) Another piece of research in exchange for hers.
(b) Proof for his theory of chaos.
(c) Proof for his theories on Byron.
(d) Another review of her book.
2. What assignment does Septimus give Thomasina?
(a) He wants her to explain Newton's theories.
(b) He wants her to explain her drawing of him and Plautus.
(c) He wants her to explain her diagram of heat exchange.
(d) He wants her to explain Determinism.
3. What is the name of Valentine's turtle?
4. Why is it significant that the covers to the letters from Mrs. Chater have not survived?
(a) The covers would have revealed that Byron read them.
(b) The covers would have revealed the actual dates.
(c) The covers would have revealed the author of the letters.
(d) The covers would have born Septimus' name, not Byron's.
5. At the start of the scene, Bernard is _____________________.
(a) Reading Byron's journal.
(b) Reading Lady Croom's letters.
(c) Reading Hannah's manuscript.
(d) Reading his manuscript.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Lady Croom punished her brother for choosing his acquaintances unwisely?
2. What does Augustus question Septimus about?
3. What does Bernard offer to do for Valentine?
4. Why does Septimus burn Lord Byron's letter?
5. According to Chole, what is the flaw in the theory of the deterministic universe?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)