|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chloe believes the deterministic universe cannot work because _____________________.
(a) Math will not allow it.
(b) Egos get in the way.
(c) Sex gets in the way.
(d) History gets in the way.
2. What does Brice say of Septimus with regard to their duel?
(a) That Septimus will find a way to cheat.
(b) That Septimus is all bluster and bladder
(c) That Septimus will enlist Byron's help
(d) That Septimus is a formidable shot
3. What event is going to occur at Sidley Park?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) A charity benefit.
(c) An auction.
(d) A dance for the district.
4. When Thomasina suggests they must hurry to dance, Septimus responds that __________________.
(a) They cannot waltz to the current song.
(b) They do not have time before her mother returns.
(c) They have time.
(d) It would be improper for them to dance.
5. When Thomasina asks Septimus about sexual congress, he _________________________.
(a) Attempts to seduce her.
(b) Attempts to change the subject.
(c) Attempts to leave the room.
(d) Attempts to offer a detailed explanation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Septimus place his letter after he has read it?
2. When Thomasina asks Septimus to meet her in her room, he _______________.
3. In what style of dress are the Crooms attired as the scene opens?
4. Why is Hannah at Sidley Park?
5. Why won't Valentine drive Bernard home from Sidley Park?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)