|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chater accuses Septimus of __________________-.
(a) Stealing his wife.
(b) Insulting his wife.
(c) Betraying his wife.
(d) Misleading his wife.
2. How has Lady Croom punished her brother for choosing his acquaintances unwisely?
3. Valentine believes ___________________________________________.
(a) That history is trivial, and only math matters.
(b) That personalities are trivial, and only science matters.
(c) That science is trivial, and only personalities matter.
(d) That math is trivial, and only science matters.
4. What sound effect is heard constantly throughout this scene?
(a) Rifle fire
(b) Clicking of a pen
(c) Piano music in the next room
(d) Mr. Noakes' engine
5. Thomasina's discussion of rice pudding proves, in her words, that _______________________.
(a) You can't always get what you want.
(b) You cannot stir things apart.
(c) You cannot create chaos from order.
(d) You cannot separate things permanently.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason has Hannah enlisted Valentine in this scene?
2. Who is onstage when the scene begins?
3. Septimus claims he will not fight Chater because __________________________.
4. Lady Croom invites Septimus to ____________________.
5. What does Gus bring Hannah?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)