|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bernard first mislead Hannah?
(a) He lies about his work on Byron.
(b) He lies about his name.
(c) He lies about his relationship with Chloe.
(d) He lies about his job.
2. What event is going to occur at Sidley Park?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) An auction.
(c) A charity benefit.
(d) A dance for the district.
3. What mathematical advantage does Valentine have over Thomasina?
(a) He is more skilled at mathematics
(b) He can use a computer to compute his equations
(c) He is measuring something phyisical rather than emotional
(d) His equations are accurate
4. Thomasina delivers a letter from ________________.
(a) Lady Croom.
(b) Mr. Noakes.
(c) Mrs. Chater.
(d) Mr. Chater.
5. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
(b) Ezra Pound's.
(c) Ezra Chater's.
(d) Lord Byron's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about the staging in this scene?
2. What does Brice say of Septimus with regard to their duel?
3. Who seems particularly offended by Septimus' dalliance with Mrs. Chater?
4. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
5. According to Lady Croom, who has shot a pigeon?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)