|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Valentine's mother loaned Bernard?
(a) Her first edition of The Couch of Eros
(b) Her car
(c) Her bicycle
(d) Her notes on gardening
2. Thomasina's discussion of rice pudding proves, in her words, that _______________________.
(a) You cannot stir things apart.
(b) You cannot create chaos from order.
(c) You can't always get what you want.
(d) You cannot separate things permanently.
3. Why is Lady Croom upset with Byron?
(a) She caught Thomasina leaving his room.
(b) She caught Mrs. Chater leaving his room.
(c) She caught Byron leaving Mrs. Chater's room.
(d) She caught Byron leaving Thomasina's room.
4. Why does Septimus describe Noakes as the serpent in the garden?
(a) Because Noakes tried to lead Septimus into temptation.
(b) Because Noakes discovered Mrs. Chater with Byron, but accused Septimus instead.
(c) Because Noakes is dishonest.
(d) Because Noakes discovered Septimus' tryst and told others about it.
5. Septimus admits to ______________________.
(a) Ignoring Chater's wife.
(b) Slandering Chater's wife.
(c) Running away with Chater's wife.
(d) Making love to Chater's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lady Croom upset with Septimus?
2. Thomasina believes she has made a discovery in ______________.
3. What objectionable article does Mrs. Chater wear?
4. What does Bernard say Hannah is lacking?
5. Thomasina delivers a letter from ________________.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)