|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What philosophical concepts do Septimus and Thomasina discuss in the scene?
(a) Free will and determination.
(b) Ignorance and knowledge.
(c) Relativity and absolute truth.
(d) Asthetic freedom versus asthetic limitations.
2. Chloe believes the others won't support Bernard's theory because __________________.
(a) They are angry with him.
(b) They don't understand him.
(c) They are jealous.
(d) They are trying to steal his ideas.
3. Where does Chater ask Septimus to join him?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In the gun room.
(c) In the hermitage.
(d) In the sun room.
4. Septimus' reply to the letter is _____________________________.
(a) That he is unable to meet with Chater that day.
(b) That he will not dignify Chater with a response.
(c) That he will meet Chater after he is done teaching.
(d) That he needs time to consider Chater's challenge.
5. Lady Croom objects to Septimus' love letter because _________________________.
(a) He has had an affair with Mrs. Chater.
(b) He has written the exact same letter to Mrs. Chater.
(c) The letter is badly written.
(d) He has written other women love letters as well.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason has Hannah enlisted Valentine in this scene?
2. Thomasina's discussion of rice pudding proves, in her words, that _______________________.
3. What does Chloe claim is true of her brother?
4. What book is Byron mentioned as the author of?
5. Septimus calls attention to ______________________.
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)