|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brice want Septimus to accept Chater's challenge?
(a) He is upset over Septimus' affair with Mrs. Brice.
(b) He is in love with Mrs. Chater himself.
(c) He is in love with Thomasina and wants Septimus dead.
(d) He is upset over Septimus' affair with Lady Croom.
2. Lady Croom wants Septimus to _______________________.
(a) Talk Byron out of leaving.
(b) Talk Brice out of leaving.
(c) Talk Thomasina out of leaving.
(d) Talk Chater out of leaving.
3. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
(a) Her cooperation.
(b) Her middle name.
(c) Her preference in her studies.
(d) Her age.
4. Why is Lady Croom upset with Septimus?
(a) Because he has written a bad review of Byron's poem.
(b) Because he has written her a love letter in the event of his death.
(c) Because he has written Thomasina a love letter in the event of his death.
(d) Because he has written a bad review of Chater's poem.
5. Where is the proof that Byron was at Sidley Park in 1809?
(a) The proof is in the letter Hannah finds.
(b) The proof is in Bernard's book on Byron.
(c) The proof is in a game book that records him shooting a hare.
(d) the prrof is in Lady Croom's journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the scene uninvited?
2. Hannah continues to question Bernard's theory about Byron because ___________________.
3. Valentine believes ___________________________________________.
4. According to Lady Croom, who is in love with Mrs. Chater?
5. According to Hannah, how is the study of history like science?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)