|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What piece of gossip does Thomasina mention to Septimus?
(a) Mrs. Chater was discovered in bed with Lord Byron.
(b) Mrs. Chater was asked to leave Sidley Park.
(c) Mrs. Chater was found in carnal embrace in the gazebo.
(d) Mrs. Chater was discovered in bed with Mr. Noakes.
2. What is remarkable about Thomasina's math equations?
(a) The data is pulled from piano music
(b) The technique she uses is only about 20-years-old
(c) The solutions disprove Newton's theories
(d) The equations are riddled with errors
3. Valentine believes ___________________________________________.
(a) That math is trivial, and only science matters.
(b) That personalities are trivial, and only science matters.
(c) That history is trivial, and only math matters.
(d) That science is trivial, and only personalities matter.
4. What does Lady Croom ask Jellaby to bring her?
(a) Her indecision.
(b) Her incision.
(c) Her invitation.
(d) Her infusion.
5. What does Hannah discover in the book Bernard has given her?
(a) The hermit was actually Lord Byron.
(b) Septimus and the hermit were born in the same year.
(c) Septimus and Lord Byron had a duel in 1809.
(d) The hermit left Sidley Park after Byron did.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hannah, how is the study of history like science?
2. What is the name of Valentine's turtle?
3. Chloe asks Hannah ___________________________.
4. What mathematical advantage does Valentine have over Thomasina?
5. When he learns he might find information about Byron, Bernard makes arrangements to _______________.
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)