|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What objectionable article does Mrs. Chater wear?
(a) A corset.
(b) A hoop skirt.
(d) A girdle.
2. What book is Byron mentioned as the author of?
(a) Poetical Verses
(b) The Couch of Eros
(c) English Bards and Scottish reviewers
(d) Lyrical Ballads
3. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
(a) Disrespectful to her elders.
(b) Impolite to her elders.
(c) Wealthier than her elders.
(d) Cleverer than her elders
4. Jellaby arrives to ________________________.
(a) Challenge Septimus to a duel.
(b) Collect a letter from Septimus.
(c) Deliver a letter to Thomasina.
(d) Deliver a letter to Septimus.
5. Septimus' reply to the letter is _____________________________.
(a) That he needs time to consider Chater's challenge.
(b) That he will meet Chater after he is done teaching.
(c) That he is unable to meet with Chater that day.
(d) That he will not dignify Chater with a response.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Noakes?
2. According to Lady Croom, who has shot a pigeon?
3. What has Valentine's mother loaned Bernard?
4. Lady Croom forgives Septimus because _____________________.
5. What philosophical concepts do Septimus and Thomasina discuss in the scene?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)