|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Septimus burn Lord Byron's letter?
(a) Because the letter was addressed to Lady Croom.
(b) Because the letter offends Lady Croom.
(c) Because the letter is meant for Thomasina.
(d) Because the letter offends Septimus.
2. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
(a) The man in the moon.
(b) The Baptist in the wilderness.
(c) The babe in the woods.
(d) The ghost in the machine.
3. How does Chloe describe her brother, Gus?
(a) As a sexist.
(b) As a threat.
(c) As a savant.
(d) As a genius.
4. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
(a) Man's free will or self-determination.
(b) Man's inherent evil nature.
(c) The theory of relativity.
(d) Manifest destiny.
5. Where does Septimus place his letter after he has read it?
(a) In the pages of his copy of The Couch of Eros.
(b) In his pocket.
(c) In Thomasina's trainer.
(d) Underneath the table.
Short Answer Questions
1. Septimus calls attention to ______________________.
2. What is Hannah reading at the beginning of the scene?
3. What does Septimus bring home for Thomasina?
4. What sound effect is heard constantly throughout this scene?
5. Which character enters and exits without speaking?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)