|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lady Croom, who is in love with Mrs. Chater?
(a) Captain Brice.
(b) Lord Croom.
(c) Lord Byron.
2. Septimus admits to ______________________.
(a) Making love to Chater's wife.
(b) Ignoring Chater's wife.
(c) Slandering Chater's wife.
(d) Running away with Chater's wife.
3. Thomasina does not discover that Septimus was found with Mrs. Chater because_____________________________.
(a) The servants discovered her listening and stopped talking.
(b) The servants tried to cover up for Septimus.
(c) Thomasina believes Septimus loves only her.
(d) Thomasina believes Septimus is in love with her mother.
4. According to Hannah, how is the study of history like science?
(a) Both seek to create universal laws
(b) Both believe things can't be proved true, only not to be false yet
(c) Both have no room for romantic feelings
(d) Both rely on rigorous experimentation
5. Why does Hannah suggest an afterlife would be a mixed blessing for Bernard?
(a) He would have to apologize to Lady Croom.
(b) He would have to apologize to Chater.
(c) He would have to face Lord Byron.
(d) He would have to face Septimus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Valentine's mother loaned Bernard?
2. Brice accuses Septimus of ___________.
3. Why is Lady Croom upset with Byron?
4. When Thomasina asks Septimus about sexual congress, he _________________________.
5. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)