|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bernard calls Hannah's first book _________________.
(a) A work of historical value.
(b) A novelette.
(c) A work of fiction.
(d) A romance novel.
2. Septimus calls attention to ______________________.
(a) Brice's affair with Thomasina.
(b) Brice's affair with Mrs. Chater.
(c) Noakes' affair with Mrs. Chater.
(d) Noakes' affair with Lady Croom.
3. When he learns he might find information about Byron, Bernard makes arrangements to _______________.
(a) Stay in town.
(b) Hide his car from Lord Croom.
(c) Stay at Sidley Park.
(d) Begin writing a book.
4. Why is Lady Croom upset with Septimus?
(a) Because he has written her a love letter in the event of his death.
(b) Because he has written a bad review of Byron's poem.
(c) Because he has written a bad review of Chater's poem.
(d) Because he has written Thomasina a love letter in the event of his death.
5. What sound effect is heard constantly throughout this scene?
(a) Clicking of a pen
(b) Piano music in the next room
(c) Mr. Noakes' engine
(d) Rifle fire
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lady Croom, who is in love with Mrs. Chater?
2. Why is Hannah at Sidley Park?
3. What does Gus bring Hannah?
4. Bernard refutes Hannah's suggestions about the events of the past by telling her ___________________.
5. Why will Bernard return to Sidley Park?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)