|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters the scene uninvited?
2. What does Septimus receive at the beginning of the scene?
(a) Another letter.
(b) An apple.
(c) A book.
(d) Another turtle.
3. Why is it significant that the covers to the letters from Mrs. Chater have not survived?
(a) The covers would have born Septimus' name, not Byron's.
(b) The covers would have revealed the author of the letters.
(c) The covers would have revealed the actual dates.
(d) The covers would have revealed that Byron read them.
4. What is Valentine working on at the beginning of this scene?
(a) Writing a letter to the editor protesting Bernard's findings
(b) Looking through the game book for information on Grouses
(c) Planning his proposal to Hannah
(d) Pushing Thomasina's equations through his computer
5. What sound accompanies the dialogue in parts of the scene?
(a) Cello music.
(b) Piano music.
(c) Violin music.
(d) Guitar music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is onstage when the scene begins?
2. Chater accuses Septimus of __________________-.
3. What objectionable article does Mrs. Chater wear?
4. What is unusual about the staging in this scene?
5. In what year does the play begin?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)