|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hannah reading at the beginning of the scene?
(a) The journal of Lord Byron
(b) A letter from Septimus
(c) The journal of Thomasina Coverly
(d) The Couch of Eros
2. Chloe believes the deterministic universe cannot work because _____________________.
(a) Sex gets in the way.
(b) Math will not allow it.
(c) Egos get in the way.
(d) History gets in the way.
3. Why will Bernard return to Sidley Park?
(a) For the dance.
(b) For the press conference.
(c) For the book signing.
(d) For further research.
4. What does Bernard suggest is incorrect about Hannah's first book?
(a) The picture on the biography page.
(b) The theory she has about Septimus.
(c) The picture on the dust jacket.
(d) The theory she has about Byron.
5. What has Valentine's mother loaned Bernard?
(a) Her bicycle
(b) Her first edition of The Couch of Eros
(c) Her notes on gardening
(d) Her car
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Croom objects to Septimus' love letter because _________________________.
2. What is unusual about the staging in this scene?
3. Why is it significant that the covers to the letters from Mrs. Chater have not survived?
4. What does Septimus receive at the beginning of the scene?
5. What does Hannah insist she will find at the end of the scene?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)