|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thomasina's mathematical process differ from Valentine's?
(a) Thomasina uses calculus; Valentine uses algebra
(b) Thomasina's math is emotional; Valentine's math is analytical
(c) Thomasina begins with the equation; Valentine begins with data
(d) Thomasina is interested in art; Valentine is interested in science
2. When Septimus mentions death in Arcadia, Thomasina responds ____________________.
(a) Phooey to Death!
(b) Death cannot stop true love!
(c) Death be damned!
(d) Death is inevitable.
3. According to Lady Croom, who has shot a pigeon?
(b) Septimus' school friend.
(c) Lord Croom.
(d) Mr. Noakes.
4. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
(a) Lord Byron's.
(b) Ezra Chater's.
(c) Ezra Pound's.
5. Why is it significant that the covers to the letters from Mrs. Chater have not survived?
(a) The covers would have born Septimus' name, not Byron's.
(b) The covers would have revealed that Byron read them.
(c) The covers would have revealed the actual dates.
(d) The covers would have revealed the author of the letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hannah insist she will find at the end of the scene?
2. Where does the play take place?
3. Who enters the scene uninvited?
4. Who is Mr. Noakes?
5. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)