|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chloe believes the others won't support Bernard's theory because __________________.
(a) They don't understand him.
(b) They are trying to steal his ideas.
(c) They are jealous.
(d) They are angry with him.
2. What does Septimus agree to at the end of the scene?
(a) Taking on another pupil.
(b) A second duel with Chater.
(c) Marrying Mrs. Chater when she becomes a widow.
(d) A second affair with Mrs. Croom.
3. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
(a) Lord Byron's.
(b) Ezra Chater's.
(d) Ezra Pound's.
4. Thomasina does not discover that Septimus was found with Mrs. Chater because_____________________________.
(a) Thomasina believes Septimus is in love with her mother.
(b) The servants tried to cover up for Septimus.
(c) The servants discovered her listening and stopped talking.
(d) Thomasina believes Septimus loves only her.
5. What does Hannah insist she will find at the end of the scene?
(a) Proof for her theory that the hermit never existed.
(b) Proof for her theory that Bernard was wrong.
(c) Proof for her theory that Septimus was the hermit.
(d) Proof for her theory that Thomasina was a genius.
Short Answer Questions
1. Septimus' reply to the letter is _____________________________.
2. What does Bernard suggest is incorrect about Hannah's first book?
3. What false last name does Chloe give Bernard?
4. How does Thomasina's mathematical process differ from Valentine's?
5. Brice claims that as a tutor, Septimus must __________________________.
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)