|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brice claims that as a tutor, Septimus must __________________________.
(a) Guard Thomasina from gossip.
(b) Inform Thomasina thoroughly in every matter.
(c) Ignore Thomasina's requests for information.
(d) Keep Thomasina in ignorance of certain matters.
2. What does Septimus agree to at the end of the scene?
(a) Marrying Mrs. Chater when she becomes a widow.
(b) A second duel with Chater.
(c) A second affair with Mrs. Croom.
(d) Taking on another pupil.
3. Where is the proof that Byron was at Sidley Park in 1809?
(a) The proof is in a game book that records him shooting a hare.
(b) the prrof is in Lady Croom's journal.
(c) The proof is in Bernard's book on Byron.
(d) The proof is in the letter Hannah finds.
4. What does Lady Croom ask Jellaby to bring her?
(a) Her invitation.
(b) Her indecision.
(c) Her incision.
(d) Her infusion.
5. In what year does the play begin?
(a) The present.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gus bring Hannah?
2. How does Bernard first mislead Hannah?
3. What does Thomasina believe she can plot with mathematical formulas?
4. Why is Hannah skeptical of Bernard's conclusion regarding Byron's duel with Chater?
5. What is Hannah's gift to Bernard?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)