|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lady Croom upset with Byron?
(a) She caught Byron leaving Mrs. Chater's room.
(b) She caught Byron leaving Thomasina's room.
(c) She caught Thomasina leaving his room.
(d) She caught Mrs. Chater leaving his room.
2. What is the one word Valentine repeats in her first two entrances?
3. What does Bernard say Hannah is lacking?
(a) Killer instinct.
(b) Gut instinct.
4. What does Thomasina believe she can plot with mathematical formulas?
(a) Shapes in nature.
(b) Manufactured images.
5. What scientific constant fascinates Valentine?
(a) That all life-- from grouse to human-- is unpredictable
(b) That math is reversable, but death is not
(c) That there is no mathematical equation for love
(d) That the universe moves from hot to cold, but not the other way around
Short Answer Questions
1. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
2. What philosophical dilemma is Chloe quizzing Valentine about at the beginning of the scene?
3. Who suggests Lady Croom's translation of Et in Arcadia Ego is incorrect?
4. Thomasina delivers a letter from ________________.
5. Jellaby arrives to ________________________.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)