|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gus run out of the room at the end of the scene?
(a) He is bothered by the pistol shot
(b) He is jealous of Chloe's affection for Bernard
(c) He feels Valentine is disrespectful of Byron
(d) He hates people shouting
2. Bernard states that the drama of life at Sidley Park was about __________________-.
(a) Literature and philosophy.
(b) Sex and history.
(c) Sex and literature.
(d) Philosophy and poetry.
3. Why does Septimus claim he had an affair with Mrs. Chater?
(a) Because he wanted to have revenge on Mr. Brice.
(b) Because he needed a substitute for Lady Croom.
(c) Because he wanted to have revenge on Mr. Chater.
(d) Because he needed a substitute for Thomasina.
4. Lady Croom forgives Septimus because _____________________.
(a) He threatens to leave her.
(b) He pleads with her.
(c) He defends her.
(d) He flatters her.
5. Why is Lady Croom upset with Septimus?
(a) Because he has written a bad review of Byron's poem.
(b) Because he has written a bad review of Chater's poem.
(c) Because he has written Thomasina a love letter in the event of his death.
(d) Because he has written her a love letter in the event of his death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound recurs in this scene?
2. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
3. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
4. Why does Brice want Septimus to accept Chater's challenge?
5. What book is Byron mentioned as the author of?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)