|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What philosophical dilemma is Chloe quizzing Valentine about at the beginning of the scene?
(a) Good vs. Evil
(b) Science vs. Art
(c) Rationality vs. Romanticism
(d) Fate vs. Free Will
2. What sound recurs in this scene?
(a) Gun shots.
(c) A radio.
(d) Violin music.
3. Why does Bernard think Byron engaged in a duel at Sidley Park?
(a) He has discovered Byron's journal from the days he spent at Sidley Park.
(b) He has discovered that Byron later married Mrs. Chater.
(c) He has discovered Septimus' letters in The Couch of Eros.
(d) He has discovered that Byron left England in a hurry.
4. Why does Septimus burn Lord Byron's letter?
(a) Because the letter was addressed to Lady Croom.
(b) Because the letter offends Lady Croom.
(c) Because the letter is meant for Thomasina.
(d) Because the letter offends Septimus.
5. Why will Bernard return to Sidley Park?
(a) For further research.
(b) For the dance.
(c) For the press conference.
(d) For the book signing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chater ask Septimus to join him?
2. Bernard calls Hannah's first book _________________.
3. Hannah does not want to be called ______________.
4. Lady Croom claims her garden is currently arranged ______________________.
5. What does Hannah's letter prove?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)