|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lady Croom's latest lover?
(b) Count Zelinsky.
2. Bernard states that the drama of life at Sidley Park was about __________________-.
(a) Philosophy and poetry.
(b) Sex and history.
(c) Literature and philosophy.
(d) Sex and literature.
3. Why does Hannah suggest an afterlife would be a mixed blessing for Bernard?
(a) He would have to face Lord Byron.
(b) He would have to face Septimus.
(c) He would have to apologize to Chater.
(d) He would have to apologize to Lady Croom.
4. Why does Bernard think Byron engaged in a duel at Sidley Park?
(a) He has discovered that Byron later married Mrs. Chater.
(b) He has discovered Byron's journal from the days he spent at Sidley Park.
(c) He has discovered Septimus' letters in The Couch of Eros.
(d) He has discovered that Byron left England in a hurry.
5. In what year does the play begin?
(d) The present.
Short Answer Questions
1. What scientific constant fascinates Valentine?
2. What false last name does Chloe give Bernard?
3. Which character enters and exits without speaking?
4. What sound recurs in this scene?
5. What book is Byron mentioned as the author of?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)