|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard should hide his car?
(a) Lord Croom would not allow guests who drove foreign cars.
(b) Lord Croom would not allow guests who did not ride bicycles.
(c) Lord Croom would not allow guests who did not drive carriages.
(d) Lord Croom would not allow guests with Japanese cars.
2. Lady Croom forgives Septimus because _____________________.
(a) He threatens to leave her.
(b) He pleads with her.
(c) He defends her.
(d) He flatters her.
3. Why does Septimus claim he had an affair with Mrs. Chater?
(a) Because he wanted to have revenge on Mr. Brice.
(b) Because he needed a substitute for Thomasina.
(c) Because he needed a substitute for Lady Croom.
(d) Because he wanted to have revenge on Mr. Chater.
4. Septimus' reply to the letter is _____________________________.
(a) That he will not dignify Chater with a response.
(b) That he is unable to meet with Chater that day.
(c) That he needs time to consider Chater's challenge.
(d) That he will meet Chater after he is done teaching.
5. Chater realizes that Byron intends ____________________.
(a) To give him a bad review.
(b) To leave with Mrs. Chater.
(c) To challenge him to a duel.
(d) To give him a positive review.
Short Answer Questions
1. What objectionable article does Mrs. Chater wear?
2. Brice accuses Septimus of ___________.
3. Why does Thomasina hate Cleopatra?
4. What does Septimus receive at the beginning of the scene?
5. Why does Septimus describe Noakes as the serpent in the garden?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)