|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time has Septimus agreed to duel Chater?
(d) Five o'clock
2. Who is onstage when the scene begins?
(a) Lady Croom.
3. What does Hannah discover in the book Bernard has given her?
(a) The hermit was actually Lord Byron.
(b) The hermit left Sidley Park after Byron did.
(c) Septimus and the hermit were born in the same year.
(d) Septimus and Lord Byron had a duel in 1809.
4. What is Hannah's gift to Bernard?
(a) A letter from Byron to Mrs. Chater.
(b) A letter from Lady Croom to her husband.
(c) The three letters from Septimus' book.
(d) A letter from Byron to Septimus.
5. Why does Septimus finally agree to duel with Chater?
(a) Chater demands Septimus duel or leave Sidley Park.
(b) Lady Croom insists upon it.
(c) Chater insults Thomasina.
(d) Brice and Chater challenge him together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Septimus claim he had an affair with Mrs. Chater?
2. In what year does the play begin?
3. Why does Brice bring Chater to the West Indies?
4. What does Brice say of Septimus with regard to their duel?
5. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)