|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the play take place?
(a) Sidley Park, Derbyshire.
(b) Sydney Park, Australia.
(c) Central Park, New York.
(d) Rosings Park, Derbyshire.
2. Why does Septimus describe Noakes as the serpent in the garden?
(a) Because Noakes tried to lead Septimus into temptation.
(b) Because Noakes discovered Septimus' tryst and told others about it.
(c) Because Noakes discovered Mrs. Chater with Byron, but accused Septimus instead.
(d) Because Noakes is dishonest.
3. How has Lady Croom punished her brother for choosing his acquaintances unwisely?
4. What book is Byron mentioned as the author of?
(a) Lyrical Ballads
(b) The Couch of Eros
(c) Poetical Verses
(d) English Bards and Scottish reviewers
5. For what reason has Hannah enlisted Valentine in this scene?
(a) To help disprove Bernard's Byron theory
(b) To explain Thomasina's math equations
(c) To translate a particularly difficult passage of Latin
(d) To access a Croom family heirloom
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernard suggest is incorrect about Hannah's first book?
2. What does Septimus receive at the beginning of the scene?
3. What is the title of the poem Septimus is reading?
4. Lady Croom forgives Septimus because _____________________.
5. Who seems particularly offended by Septimus' dalliance with Mrs. Chater?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)