|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lady Croom in love with, according to Thomasina?
(a) Lord Byron.
(b) Mr. Noakes.
(c) Mr. Chater.
2. Lady Croom objects to Septimus' love letter because _________________________.
(a) He has written the exact same letter to Mrs. Chater.
(b) He has written other women love letters as well.
(c) He has had an affair with Mrs. Chater.
(d) The letter is badly written.
3. Bernard refutes Hannah's suggestions about the events of the past by telling her ___________________.
(a) She doesn't care.
(b) She never believed in him.
(c) She isn't smart enough to understand.
(d) She wasn't there.
4. What is Hannah's gift to Bernard?
(a) A letter from Byron to Septimus.
(b) The three letters from Septimus' book.
(c) A letter from Byron to Mrs. Chater.
(d) A letter from Lady Croom to her husband.
5. Bernard calls Hannah's first book _________________.
(a) A work of fiction.
(b) A work of historical value.
(c) A novelette.
(d) A romance novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound interrupts Lady Croom's conversation?
2. Why is Lady Croom upset with Septimus?
3. What sounds end the scene?
4. Where does the play take place?
5. Why does Hannah repeatedly raise her hand during Bernard's reading?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)