|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Septimus agree to at the end of the scene?
(a) A second affair with Mrs. Croom.
(b) Taking on another pupil.
(c) A second duel with Chater.
(d) Marrying Mrs. Chater when she becomes a widow.
2. Who seems particularly offended by Septimus' dalliance with Mrs. Chater?
(b) Lord Croom.
3. According to Lady Croom, who has shot a pigeon?
(a) Mr. Noakes.
(c) Septimus' school friend.
(d) Lord Croom.
4. At the start of the scene, Bernard is _____________________.
(a) Reading Byron's journal.
(b) Reading Hannah's manuscript.
(c) Reading Lady Croom's letters.
(d) Reading his manuscript.
5. Bernard refutes Hannah's suggestions about the events of the past by telling her ___________________.
(a) She never believed in him.
(b) She wasn't there.
(c) She doesn't care.
(d) She isn't smart enough to understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the game books kept?
2. Septimus describes carnal embrace as _______________________.
3. Valentine believes ___________________________________________.
4. Who is Mr. Noakes?
5. Where does the play take place?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)