|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernard offer to do for Valentine?
(a) Give him credit for proving Chater was dead in 1810.
(b) Give him credit for finding the game book.
(c) Give him credit for proving Byron killed Chater.
(d) Give him credit for editing the Bernard's book.
2. Septimus admits to ______________________.
(a) Ignoring Chater's wife.
(b) Running away with Chater's wife.
(c) Slandering Chater's wife.
(d) Making love to Chater's wife.
3. Why does Brice want Septimus to accept Chater's challenge?
(a) He is upset over Septimus' affair with Mrs. Brice.
(b) He is upset over Septimus' affair with Lady Croom.
(c) He is in love with Thomasina and wants Septimus dead.
(d) He is in love with Mrs. Chater himself.
4. How does Bernard first mislead Hannah?
(a) He lies about his relationship with Chloe.
(b) He lies about his job.
(c) He lies about his name.
(d) He lies about his work on Byron.
5. What is the title of the poem Septimus is reading?
(a) The Couch of Eros.
(b) The Origin of Species.
(c) The Hound of the Baskervilles.
(d) The Raven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Septimus bring home for Thomasina?
2. What does Gus bring Hannah?
3. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
4. Why is Lady Croom upset with Septimus?
5. Septimus' reply to the letter is _____________________________.
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)