|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hannah continues to question Bernard's theory about Byron because ___________________.
(a) He has no proof.
(b) He will not concede any of her points.
(c) He is a sexist.
(d) He has questioned her research.
2. Where does Chater ask Septimus to join him?
(a) In the sun room.
(b) In the gun room.
(c) In the hermitage.
(d) In the garden.
3. Septimus describes carnal embrace as _______________________.
(a) Throwing one's arms around a side of beef.
(b) Throwing one's arms around a cow.
(c) Throwing one's arms around an animal.
(d) Throwing one's arms around a lover.
4. Thomasina delivers a letter from ________________.
(a) Mr. Noakes.
(b) Mrs. Chater.
(c) Lady Croom.
(d) Mr. Chater.
5. Why doesn't Lord Croom hear the commotion during the night?
(a) He is too far away to hear the commotion.
(b) He is half-deaf from years of shooting.
(c) He is half-deaf from advanced age.
(d) He is not interested in the actions of his guests.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Septimus describe Noakes as the serpent in the garden?
2. According to Lady Croom, who has shot a pigeon?
3. Why does Hannah repeatedly raise her hand during Bernard's reading?
4. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard did not receive a reply to his letter from Lord Croom?
5. What is remarkable about Thomasina's math equations?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)