|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
(a) Cleverer than her elders
(b) Wealthier than her elders.
(c) Impolite to her elders.
(d) Disrespectful to her elders.
2. Hannah reveals that ___________________________-.
(a) Septimus and Byron did not get along.
(b) Septimus and Byron were school mates.
(c) Septimus and Byron were lovers.
(d) Septimus and Byron duelled at Sidley Park.
3. How does Chloe describe her brother, Gus?
(a) As a sexist.
(b) As a savant.
(c) As a threat.
(d) As a genius.
4. What does Chloe claim is true of her brother?
(a) She claims he has fought a duel.
(b) She claims he has information about her book.
(c) She claims he is in love with Hannah.
(d) She claims he is leaving Sidley Park for good.
5. Jellaby arrives to ________________________.
(a) Deliver a letter to Thomasina.
(b) Collect a letter from Septimus.
(c) Challenge Septimus to a duel.
(d) Deliver a letter to Septimus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Septimus burn Lord Byron's letter?
2. Where are the game books kept?
3. What is the title of the poem Septimus is reading?
4. Brice claims that as a tutor, Septimus must __________________________.
5. Bernard refutes Hannah's suggestions about the events of the past by telling her ___________________.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)