|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernard suggest is incorrect about Hannah's first book?
(a) The theory she has about Septimus.
(b) The theory she has about Byron.
(c) The picture on the dust jacket.
(d) The picture on the biography page.
2. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
(a) Impolite to her elders.
(b) Cleverer than her elders
(c) Wealthier than her elders.
(d) Disrespectful to her elders.
3. What does Bernard offer to do for Valentine?
(a) Give him credit for finding the game book.
(b) Give him credit for proving Byron killed Chater.
(c) Give him credit for editing the Bernard's book.
(d) Give him credit for proving Chater was dead in 1810.
4. Why does Septimus claim he had an affair with Mrs. Chater?
(a) Because he wanted to have revenge on Mr. Brice.
(b) Because he wanted to have revenge on Mr. Chater.
(c) Because he needed a substitute for Thomasina.
(d) Because he needed a substitute for Lady Croom.
5. Where does Chater ask Septimus to join him?
(a) In the gun room.
(b) In the hermitage.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In the sun room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Septimus calls attention to ______________________.
2. What is Valentine studying using his mathematical process?
3. What does Septimus receive at the beginning of the scene?
4. What event is going to occur at Sidley Park?
5. Hannah does not want to be called ______________.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)