|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chloe believes the others won't support Bernard's theory because __________________.
(a) They don't understand him.
(b) They are trying to steal his ideas.
(c) They are jealous.
(d) They are angry with him.
2. How does Bernard first mislead Hannah?
(a) He lies about his work on Byron.
(b) He lies about his name.
(c) He lies about his job.
(d) He lies about his relationship with Chloe.
3. What does Septimus bring home for Thomasina?
(a) A dead pheasant for pheasant pie.
(b) A dead pigeon for pigeon pie.
(c) A dead racoon for racoon pie.
(d) A dead rabbit for rabbit pie.
4. What does Hannah demand of Bernard that prompts him to call her a silly bitch?
(a) Proof for his theory of chaos.
(b) Another review of her book.
(c) Proof for his theories on Byron.
(d) Another piece of research in exchange for hers.
5. What event is going to occur at Sidley Park?
(a) An auction.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) A charity benefit.
(d) A dance for the district.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mathematical advantage does Valentine have over Thomasina?
2. What is Valentine studying using his mathematical process?
3. Thomasina's discussion of rice pudding proves, in her words, that _______________________.
4. What objectionable article does Mrs. Chater wear?
5. Why does Hannah repeatedly raise her hand during Bernard's reading?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)