|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Croom invites Septimus to ____________________.
(a) Join her for dinner later.
(b) Join her for a bath later.
(c) Join her in her sitting room later.
(d) Join her in the gazebo later.
2. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
(a) The Baptist in the wilderness.
(b) The babe in the woods.
(c) The ghost in the machine.
(d) The man in the moon.
3. What does Thomasina believe she can plot with mathematical formulas?
(b) Manufactured images.
(c) Shapes in nature.
4. How does Chloe describe her brother, Gus?
(a) As a sexist.
(b) As a savant.
(c) As a genius.
(d) As a threat.
5. What sound accompanies the dialogue in parts of the scene?
(a) Piano music.
(b) Guitar music.
(c) Violin music.
(d) Cello music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thomasina does not discover that Septimus was found with Mrs. Chater because_____________________________.
2. Hannah continues to question Bernard's theory about Byron because ___________________.
3. According to Lady Croom, who has shot a pigeon?
4. Why does Septimus claim he had an affair with Mrs. Chater?
5. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)