|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernard offer to do for Valentine?
(a) Give him credit for editing the Bernard's book.
(b) Give him credit for proving Byron killed Chater.
(c) Give him credit for finding the game book.
(d) Give him credit for proving Chater was dead in 1810.
2. What does Septimus agree to at the end of the scene?
(a) A second duel with Chater.
(b) A second affair with Mrs. Croom.
(c) Taking on another pupil.
(d) Marrying Mrs. Chater when she becomes a widow.
3. What is remarkable about Thomasina's math equations?
(a) The equations are riddled with errors
(b) The technique she uses is only about 20-years-old
(c) The solutions disprove Newton's theories
(d) The data is pulled from piano music
4. Why does Brice want Septimus to accept Chater's challenge?
(a) He is upset over Septimus' affair with Mrs. Brice.
(b) He is in love with Thomasina and wants Septimus dead.
(c) He is in love with Mrs. Chater himself.
(d) He is upset over Septimus' affair with Lady Croom.
5. Septimus claims he will not fight Chater because __________________________.
(a) He will not shoot a guest of Lady Croom's.
(b) He will not shoot a first rank poet.
(c) He will not shoot a religious man.
(d) He will not shoot a man whose wife has cuckolded him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Valentine's mother loaned Bernard?
2. Bernard's dialogue reveals _____________________-.
3. Why does Septimus burn Lord Byron's letter?
4. When Septimus mentions death in Arcadia, Thomasina responds ____________________.
5. Septimus' reply to the letter is _____________________________.
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)