|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hannah's gift to Bernard?
(a) A letter from Byron to Septimus.
(b) A letter from Byron to Mrs. Chater.
(c) The three letters from Septimus' book.
(d) A letter from Lady Croom to her husband.
2. Who is Lady Croom in love with, according to Thomasina?
(b) Mr. Noakes.
(c) Lord Byron.
(d) Mr. Chater.
3. Septimus' reply to the letter is _____________________________.
(a) That he is unable to meet with Chater that day.
(b) That he needs time to consider Chater's challenge.
(c) That he will meet Chater after he is done teaching.
(d) That he will not dignify Chater with a response.
4. Thomasina is ___________________.
(a) Translating Italian.
(b) Translating Greek.
(c) Translating Latin.
(d) Translating Hebrew.
5. When Septimus mentions death in Arcadia, Thomasina responds ____________________.
(a) Phooey to Death!
(b) Death cannot stop true love!
(c) Death is inevitable.
(d) Death be damned!
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernard offer to do for Valentine?
2. Lady Croom forgives Septimus because _____________________.
3. Bernard invites Hannah to London for ________.
4. Why is it significant that the covers to the letters from Mrs. Chater have not survived?
5. What book is Byron mentioned as the author of?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)