|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
(a) The ghost in the machine.
(b) The babe in the woods.
(c) The Baptist in the wilderness.
(d) The man in the moon.
2. Why does Hannah slap Bernard?
(a) He insults Chloe.
(b) She misunderstands a statement he makes.
(c) He proposes she leave with him.
(d) He insults her research.
3. Where does Septimus place his letter after he has read it?
(a) In Thomasina's trainer.
(b) Underneath the table.
(c) In the pages of his copy of The Couch of Eros.
(d) In his pocket.
4. Chater accuses Septimus of __________________-.
(a) Insulting his wife.
(b) Betraying his wife.
(c) Stealing his wife.
(d) Misleading his wife.
5. According to Lady Croom, who has shot a pigeon?
(a) Septimus' school friend.
(b) Lord Croom.
(d) Mr. Noakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard did not receive a reply to his letter from Lord Croom?
2. Why does Septimus finally agree to duel with Chater?
3. Septimus claims he will not fight Chater because __________________________.
4. What does Hannah discover in the book Bernard has given her?
5. Bernard calls Hannah's first book _________________.
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)