|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is onstage when the scene begins?
(d) Lady Croom.
2. Bernard calls Hannah's first book _________________.
(a) A work of fiction.
(b) A work of historical value.
(c) A romance novel.
(d) A novelette.
3. What is Valentine studying using his mathematical process?
(d) Apple leaves
4. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard should hide his car?
(a) Lord Croom would not allow guests who did not ride bicycles.
(b) Lord Croom would not allow guests with Japanese cars.
(c) Lord Croom would not allow guests who did not drive carriages.
(d) Lord Croom would not allow guests who drove foreign cars.
5. What does Bernard offer to do for Valentine?
(a) Give him credit for proving Chater was dead in 1810.
(b) Give him credit for finding the game book.
(c) Give him credit for editing the Bernard's book.
(d) Give him credit for proving Byron killed Chater.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the play begin?
2. What does Hannah discover in the book Bernard has given her?
3. Bernard's dialogue reveals _____________________-.
4. Why is Hannah skeptical of Bernard's conclusion regarding Byron's duel with Chater?
5. Why does Hannah repeatedly raise her hand during Bernard's reading?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)