|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seems particularly offended by Septimus' dalliance with Mrs. Chater?
(c) Lord Croom.
2. What does Gus bring Hannah?
(a) A turtle.
(b) An apple.
(c) A theodolite.
(d) A book.
3. How does Thomasina's mathematical process differ from Valentine's?
(a) Thomasina begins with the equation; Valentine begins with data
(b) Thomasina uses calculus; Valentine uses algebra
(c) Thomasina is interested in art; Valentine is interested in science
(d) Thomasina's math is emotional; Valentine's math is analytical
4. Why is Lady Croom upset with Byron?
(a) She caught Byron leaving Thomasina's room.
(b) She caught Mrs. Chater leaving his room.
(c) She caught Thomasina leaving his room.
(d) She caught Byron leaving Mrs. Chater's room.
5. What is Hannah reading at the beginning of the scene?
(a) The Couch of Eros
(b) The journal of Lord Byron
(c) The journal of Thomasina Coverly
(d) A letter from Septimus
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the scene uninvited?
2. Bernard invites Hannah to London for ________.
3. What does Septimus agree to at the end of the scene?
4. Why does Brice bring Chater to the West Indies?
5. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)