|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Thomasina hate Cleopatra?
(a) Because Cleopatra spoke Latin.
(b) Because Cleopatra was consumed with love and sex.
(c) Because Cleopatra destroyed Rome.
(d) Because Cleopatra hated Queen Elizabeth.
2. Why does Septimus claim he had an affair with Mrs. Chater?
(a) Because he needed a substitute for Lady Croom.
(b) Because he needed a substitute for Thomasina.
(c) Because he wanted to have revenge on Mr. Chater.
(d) Because he wanted to have revenge on Mr. Brice.
3. Septimus claims he will not fight Chater because __________________________.
(a) He will not shoot a religious man.
(b) He will not shoot a first rank poet.
(c) He will not shoot a guest of Lady Croom's.
(d) He will not shoot a man whose wife has cuckolded him.
4. Septimus apologizes for ______________________________.
(a) Bringing Chater to Byron's room.
(b) Bringing Byron to Mrs. Chater's room.
(c) Bringing an unworthy lover to Mrs. Croom.
(d) Bringing an unworthy friend to Lady Croom's home.
5. What does Chloe claim is true of her brother?
(a) She claims he has information about her book.
(b) She claims he is leaving Sidley Park for good.
(c) She claims he has fought a duel.
(d) She claims he is in love with Hannah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brice accuses Septimus of ___________.
2. Septimus describes carnal embrace as _______________________.
3. Bernard refutes Hannah's suggestions about the events of the past by telling her ___________________.
4. Septimus calls attention to ______________________.
5. Chater realizes that Byron intends ____________________.
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)