|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound interrupts Lady Croom's conversation?
(a) A gun shot.
(b) The steam engine.
(c) Piano music.
(d) A scream.
2. Why does Septimus describe Noakes as the serpent in the garden?
(a) Because Noakes discovered Septimus' tryst and told others about it.
(b) Because Noakes tried to lead Septimus into temptation.
(c) Because Noakes discovered Mrs. Chater with Byron, but accused Septimus instead.
(d) Because Noakes is dishonest.
3. Where does Septimus place his letter after he has read it?
(a) Underneath the table.
(b) In the pages of his copy of The Couch of Eros.
(c) In Thomasina's trainer.
(d) In his pocket.
4. Hannah reveals that ___________________________-.
(a) Septimus and Byron duelled at Sidley Park.
(b) Septimus and Byron were school mates.
(c) Septimus and Byron did not get along.
(d) Septimus and Byron were lovers.
5. Where does the play take place?
(a) Sidley Park, Derbyshire.
(b) Sydney Park, Australia.
(c) Central Park, New York.
(d) Rosings Park, Derbyshire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the proof that Byron was at Sidley Park in 1809?
2. What does Hannah's letter prove?
3. Lady Croom forgives Septimus because _____________________.
4. When Thomasina asks Septimus about sexual congress, he _________________________.
5. What mathematical advantage does Valentine have over Thomasina?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)