|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What piece of gossip does Thomasina mention to Septimus?
(a) Mrs. Chater was found in carnal embrace in the gazebo.
(b) Mrs. Chater was asked to leave Sidley Park.
(c) Mrs. Chater was discovered in bed with Lord Byron.
(d) Mrs. Chater was discovered in bed with Mr. Noakes.
2. Who is Mr. Noakes?
(a) The tutor.
(b) Mrs. Croom's brother.
(c) The landscape architect.
(d) The butler.
3. Lady Croom believes Thomasina has _______________________.
(a) Grown more refined since the day befoe.
(b) Grown taller since the day before.
(c) Changed since the day before.
(d) Disguised herself.
4. Why is Hannah skeptical of Bernard's conclusion regarding Byron's duel with Chater?
(a) Chater died from a monkey bite
(b) Bernard has only proved that a duel was fought.
(c) Byron was lame and could not shoot
(d) He has not established that Byron was even there
5. How does Bernard first mislead Hannah?
(a) He lies about his name.
(b) He lies about his relationship with Chloe.
(c) He lies about his work on Byron.
(d) He lies about his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Valentine's mother loaned Bernard?
2. What event is going to occur at Sidley Park?
3. Why does Brice want Septimus to accept Chater's challenge?
4. What does Thomasina believe she can plot with mathematical formulas?
5. What does Brice say of Septimus with regard to their duel?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)