|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound recurs in this scene?
(b) Violin music.
(c) Gun shots.
(d) A radio.
2. What is the title of the poem Septimus is reading?
(a) The Raven.
(b) The Origin of Species.
(c) The Hound of the Baskervilles.
(d) The Couch of Eros.
3. Why does Septimus finally agree to duel with Chater?
(a) Chater demands Septimus duel or leave Sidley Park.
(b) Lady Croom insists upon it.
(c) Chater insults Thomasina.
(d) Brice and Chater challenge him together.
4. Thomasina delivers a letter from ________________.
(a) Mr. Chater.
(b) Lady Croom.
(c) Mrs. Chater.
(d) Mr. Noakes.
5. What book is Byron mentioned as the author of?
(a) English Bards and Scottish reviewers
(b) Lyrical Ballads
(c) The Couch of Eros
(d) Poetical Verses
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
2. Who seems particularly offended by Septimus' dalliance with Mrs. Chater?
3. Who arrives after Hannah exits?
4. How does Bernard first mislead Hannah?
5. Who is Lady Croom in love with, according to Thomasina?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)