|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
(b) Ezra Pound's.
(c) Lord Byron's.
(d) Ezra Chater's.
2. What book is Byron mentioned as the author of?
(a) Poetical Verses
(b) English Bards and Scottish reviewers
(c) Lyrical Ballads
(d) The Couch of Eros
3. Chater accuses Septimus of __________________-.
(a) Insulting his wife.
(b) Misleading his wife.
(c) Betraying his wife.
(d) Stealing his wife.
4. When Septimus mentions death in Arcadia, Thomasina responds ____________________.
(a) Phooey to Death!
(b) Death cannot stop true love!
(c) Death is inevitable.
(d) Death be damned!
5. For what reason has Hannah enlisted Valentine in this scene?
(a) To help disprove Bernard's Byron theory
(b) To translate a particularly difficult passage of Latin
(c) To explain Thomasina's math equations
(d) To access a Croom family heirloom
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the play take place?
2. Thomasina is also upset over _________________________.
3. What sound effect is heard constantly throughout this scene?
4. When Thomasina asks Septimus about sexual congress, he _________________________.
5. Why does Thomasina hate Cleopatra?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)