|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
(a) The ghost in the machine.
(b) The Baptist in the wilderness.
(c) The man in the moon.
(d) The babe in the woods.
2. What does Brice say of Septimus with regard to their duel?
(a) That Septimus is all bluster and bladder
(b) That Septimus is a formidable shot
(c) That Septimus will enlist Byron's help
(d) That Septimus will find a way to cheat.
3. Lady Croom believes Thomasina has _______________________.
(a) Changed since the day before.
(b) Grown more refined since the day befoe.
(c) Disguised herself.
(d) Grown taller since the day before.
4. Chloe asks Hannah ___________________________.
(a) If she is romantically interested in Gus.
(b) If she is married.
(c) If she is done with her book.
(d) If she is romantically interested in Bernard.
5. When Septimus mentions death in Arcadia, Thomasina responds ____________________.
(a) Phooey to Death!
(b) Death be damned!
(c) Death cannot stop true love!
(d) Death is inevitable.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Lady Croom, who has shot a pigeon?
2. What sound interrupts Lady Croom's conversation?
3. Who seems particularly offended by Septimus' dalliance with Mrs. Chater?
4. What does Hannah demand of Bernard that prompts him to call her a silly bitch?
5. Septimus claims he will not fight Chater because __________________________.
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)