|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mathematical advantage does Valentine have over Thomasina?
(a) His equations are accurate
(b) He is more skilled at mathematics
(c) He can use a computer to compute his equations
(d) He is measuring something phyisical rather than emotional
2. What does Gus bring Hannah?
(a) A book.
(b) An apple.
(c) A turtle.
(d) A theodolite.
3. What is the title of the poem Septimus is reading?
(a) The Raven.
(b) The Hound of the Baskervilles.
(c) The Couch of Eros.
(d) The Origin of Species.
4. Brice accuses Septimus of ___________.
5. Septimus describes carnal embrace as _______________________.
(a) Throwing one's arms around an animal.
(b) Throwing one's arms around a lover.
(c) Throwing one's arms around a side of beef.
(d) Throwing one's arms around a cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Septimus finally agree to duel with Chater?
2. What does Bernard say Hannah is lacking?
3. Jellaby arrives to ________________________.
4. Thomasina is also upset over _________________________.
5. What does Hannah demand of Bernard that prompts him to call her a silly bitch?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)