|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomasina delivers a letter from ________________.
(a) Mr. Noakes.
(b) Mr. Chater.
(c) Mrs. Chater.
(d) Lady Croom.
2. What sound recurs in this scene?
(a) Violin music.
(b) A radio.
(d) Gun shots.
3. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
(a) Disrespectful to her elders.
(b) Wealthier than her elders.
(c) Cleverer than her elders
(d) Impolite to her elders.
4. Thomasina's discussion of rice pudding proves, in her words, that _______________________.
(a) You cannot create chaos from order.
(b) You cannot stir things apart.
(c) You can't always get what you want.
(d) You cannot separate things permanently.
5. How does Chloe describe her brother, Gus?
(a) As a genius.
(b) As a savant.
(c) As a threat.
(d) As a sexist.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason has Hannah enlisted Valentine in this scene?
2. What is Valentine studying using his mathematical process?
3. At what time has Septimus agreed to duel Chater?
4. When he learns he might find information about Byron, Bernard makes arrangements to _______________.
5. Where does Chater ask Septimus to join him?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)