|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the game books kept?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the commode.
(c) In the pantry.
(d) In the closet.
2. Why does Bernard think Byron engaged in a duel at Sidley Park?
(a) He has discovered Septimus' letters in The Couch of Eros.
(b) He has discovered that Byron later married Mrs. Chater.
(c) He has discovered that Byron left England in a hurry.
(d) He has discovered Byron's journal from the days he spent at Sidley Park.
3. Thomasina believes she has made a discovery in ______________.
4. Lady Croom claims her garden is currently arranged ______________________.
(a) As God intended it.
(b) According to her tastes.
(c) According to the latest fashion.
(d) As her husband designed it.
5. What does Bernard say Hannah is lacking?
(c) Killer instinct.
(d) Gut instinct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Noakes?
2. What is remarkable about Thomasina's math equations?
3. Septimus calls attention to ______________________.
4. Who is onstage when the scene begins?
5. Why does Septimus finally agree to duel with Chater?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)