|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Septimus describe Noakes as the serpent in the garden?
(a) Because Noakes discovered Septimus' tryst and told others about it.
(b) Because Noakes tried to lead Septimus into temptation.
(c) Because Noakes is dishonest.
(d) Because Noakes discovered Mrs. Chater with Byron, but accused Septimus instead.
2. Why is Hannah skeptical of Bernard's conclusion regarding Byron's duel with Chater?
(a) Chater died from a monkey bite
(b) Bernard has only proved that a duel was fought.
(c) Byron was lame and could not shoot
(d) He has not established that Byron was even there
3. What is remarkable about Thomasina's math equations?
(a) The technique she uses is only about 20-years-old
(b) The data is pulled from piano music
(c) The solutions disprove Newton's theories
(d) The equations are riddled with errors
4. Who is onstage when the scene begins?
(a) Lady Croom.
5. Chloe asks Hannah ___________________________.
(a) If she is romantically interested in Gus.
(b) If she is done with her book.
(c) If she is romantically interested in Bernard.
(d) If she is married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
2. At what time has Septimus agreed to duel Chater?
3. Why does Thomasina turn to Septimus for answers about sex?
4. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
5. What is the name of Valentine's turtle?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)