|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seems particularly offended by Septimus' dalliance with Mrs. Chater?
(b) Lord Croom.
2. What piece of gossip does Thomasina mention to Septimus?
(a) Mrs. Chater was discovered in bed with Lord Byron.
(b) Mrs. Chater was discovered in bed with Mr. Noakes.
(c) Mrs. Chater was asked to leave Sidley Park.
(d) Mrs. Chater was found in carnal embrace in the gazebo.
3. Which character enters and exits without speaking?
4. Where does Chater ask Septimus to join him?
(a) In the hermitage.
(b) In the sun room.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In the gun room.
5. What philosophical concepts do Septimus and Thomasina discuss in the scene?
(a) Free will and determination.
(b) Ignorance and knowledge.
(c) Relativity and absolute truth.
(d) Asthetic freedom versus asthetic limitations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thomasina's discussion of rice pudding proves, in her words, that _______________________.
2. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
3. What does Hannah's letter prove?
4. Where are the game books kept?
5. What does Brice say of Septimus with regard to their duel?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)