|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hannah reveals that ___________________________-.
(a) Septimus and Byron did not get along.
(b) Septimus and Byron were lovers.
(c) Septimus and Byron were school mates.
(d) Septimus and Byron duelled at Sidley Park.
2. Who seems particularly offended by Septimus' dalliance with Mrs. Chater?
(c) Lord Croom.
3. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard did not receive a reply to his letter from Lord Croom?
(a) It was illegible.
(b) It was typewritten, and Lord Croom thought it was a bill.
(c) It was typewritten, and Lord Croom did not read those letters.
(d) It was typewritten, and Lord Croom thought it was a manuscript.
4. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
(a) Impolite to her elders.
(b) Wealthier than her elders.
(c) Cleverer than her elders
(d) Disrespectful to her elders.
5. Brice claims that as a tutor, Septimus must __________________________.
(a) Inform Thomasina thoroughly in every matter.
(b) Ignore Thomasina's requests for information.
(c) Guard Thomasina from gossip.
(d) Keep Thomasina in ignorance of certain matters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thomasina's discussion of rice pudding proves, in her words, that _______________________.
2. How does Thomasina's mathematical process differ from Valentine's?
3. What sound effect is heard constantly throughout this scene?
4. What does Septimus agree to at the end of the scene?
5. Septimus' reply to the letter is _____________________________.
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)