|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound recurs in this scene?
(a) Gun shots.
(c) Violin music.
(d) A radio.
2. Where does Chater ask Septimus to join him?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In the sun room.
(c) In the hermitage.
(d) In the gun room.
3. Who seems particularly offended by Septimus' dalliance with Mrs. Chater?
(d) Lord Croom.
4. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
(a) Ezra Pound's.
(b) Lord Byron's.
(c) Ezra Chater's.
5. What is Hannah reading at the beginning of the scene?
(a) The journal of Thomasina Coverly
(b) The journal of Lord Byron
(c) The Couch of Eros
(d) A letter from Septimus
Short Answer Questions
1. Septimus describes carnal embrace as _______________________.
2. Where are the game books kept?
3. Why is Hannah skeptical of Bernard's conclusion regarding Byron's duel with Chater?
4. Chater realizes that Byron intends ____________________.
5. When Thomasina asks Septimus about sexual congress, he _________________________.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)