|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Noakes?
(a) The tutor.
(b) Mrs. Croom's brother.
(c) The landscape architect.
(d) The butler.
2. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
(a) Man's free will or self-determination.
(b) The theory of relativity.
(c) Manifest destiny.
(d) Man's inherent evil nature.
3. What piece of gossip does Thomasina mention to Septimus?
(a) Mrs. Chater was asked to leave Sidley Park.
(b) Mrs. Chater was discovered in bed with Mr. Noakes.
(c) Mrs. Chater was found in carnal embrace in the gazebo.
(d) Mrs. Chater was discovered in bed with Lord Byron.
4. Brice accuses Septimus of ___________.
5. What sound effect is heard constantly throughout this scene?
(a) Clicking of a pen
(b) Rifle fire
(c) Mr. Noakes' engine
(d) Piano music in the next room
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the scene uninvited?
2. According to Lady Croom, who has shot a pigeon?
3. What mathematical advantage does Valentine have over Thomasina?
4. Who seems particularly offended by Septimus' dalliance with Mrs. Chater?
5. Where does Septimus place his letter after he has read it?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)