|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Valentine's mother loaned Bernard?
(a) Her first edition of The Couch of Eros
(b) Her notes on gardening
(c) Her car
(d) Her bicycle
2. What sound effect is heard constantly throughout this scene?
(a) Clicking of a pen
(b) Rifle fire
(c) Mr. Noakes' engine
(d) Piano music in the next room
3. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
(a) Manifest destiny.
(b) The theory of relativity.
(c) Man's free will or self-determination.
(d) Man's inherent evil nature.
4. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
(a) Lord Byron's.
(b) Ezra Chater's.
(c) Ezra Pound's.
5. Who is onstage when the scene begins?
(b) Lady Croom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chloe asks Hannah ___________________________.
2. Septimus claims he will not fight Chater because __________________________.
3. What does Thomasina believe she can plot with mathematical formulas?
4. At what time has Septimus agreed to duel Chater?
5. What does Hannah demand of Bernard that prompts him to call her a silly bitch?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)