|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gus bring Hannah?
(a) An apple.
(b) A theodolite.
(c) A book.
(d) A turtle.
2. Where are the game books kept?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In the pantry.
(c) In the commode.
(d) In the closet.
3. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
(a) Her cooperation.
(b) Her preference in her studies.
(c) Her age.
(d) Her middle name.
4. At what time has Septimus agreed to duel Chater?
(c) Five o'clock
5. Brice claims that as a tutor, Septimus must __________________________.
(a) Inform Thomasina thoroughly in every matter.
(b) Ignore Thomasina's requests for information.
(c) Keep Thomasina in ignorance of certain matters.
(d) Guard Thomasina from gossip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
2. Thomasina's discussion of rice pudding proves, in her words, that _______________________.
3. What philosophical concepts do Septimus and Thomasina discuss in the scene?
4. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
5. Brice accuses Septimus of ___________.
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)