|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chater ask Septimus to join him?
(a) In the gun room.
(b) In the sun room.
(c) In the hermitage.
(d) In the garden.
2. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
(a) Disrespectful to her elders.
(b) Cleverer than her elders
(c) Wealthier than her elders.
(d) Impolite to her elders.
3. What does Hannah's letter prove?
(a) It proves that Byron duelled with Chater in 1809.
(b) It proves that Chater was dead by 1810.
(c) It proves that Brice wanted to kill Byron.
(d) It proves that Byron was dead by 1810.
4. What is Valentine studying using his mathematical process?
(c) Apple leaves
5. What book is Byron mentioned as the author of?
(a) The Couch of Eros
(b) English Bards and Scottish reviewers
(c) Poetical Verses
(d) Lyrical Ballads
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the game books kept?
2. Who arrives after Hannah exits?
3. What sounds end the scene?
4. Thomasina's discussion of rice pudding proves, in her words, that _______________________.
5. Thomasina is supposed to be studying
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)