|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brice want Septimus to accept Chater's challenge?
(a) He is upset over Septimus' affair with Mrs. Brice.
(b) He is upset over Septimus' affair with Lady Croom.
(c) He is in love with Thomasina and wants Septimus dead.
(d) He is in love with Mrs. Chater himself.
2. Septimus describes carnal embrace as _______________________.
(a) Throwing one's arms around a lover.
(b) Throwing one's arms around a side of beef.
(c) Throwing one's arms around a cow.
(d) Throwing one's arms around an animal.
3. What is the name of Valentine's turtle?
4. When Thomasina asks Septimus about sexual congress, he _________________________.
(a) Attempts to leave the room.
(b) Attempts to offer a detailed explanation.
(c) Attempts to seduce her.
(d) Attempts to change the subject.
5. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
(a) Man's free will or self-determination.
(b) Manifest destiny.
(c) Man's inherent evil nature.
(d) The theory of relativity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sounds end the scene?
2. What mathematical advantage does Valentine have over Thomasina?
3. What does Septimus receive at the beginning of the scene?
4. Where does Chater ask Septimus to join him?
5. Where does Septimus place his letter after he has read it?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)