|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chater accuses Septimus of __________________-.
(a) Insulting his wife.
(b) Misleading his wife.
(c) Betraying his wife.
(d) Stealing his wife.
2. When he learns he might find information about Byron, Bernard makes arrangements to _______________.
(a) Begin writing a book.
(b) Hide his car from Lord Croom.
(c) Stay at Sidley Park.
(d) Stay in town.
3. What is Hannah's gift to Bernard?
(a) A letter from Byron to Mrs. Chater.
(b) A letter from Byron to Septimus.
(c) A letter from Lady Croom to her husband.
(d) The three letters from Septimus' book.
4. Why does Septimus finally agree to duel with Chater?
(a) Chater insults Thomasina.
(b) Brice and Chater challenge him together.
(c) Chater demands Septimus duel or leave Sidley Park.
(d) Lady Croom insists upon it.
5. Why does Thomasina hate Cleopatra?
(a) Because Cleopatra destroyed Rome.
(b) Because Cleopatra spoke Latin.
(c) Because Cleopatra was consumed with love and sex.
(d) Because Cleopatra hated Queen Elizabeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one word Valentine repeats in her first two entrances?
2. What does Bernard say Hannah is lacking?
3. When Septimus mentions death in Arcadia, Thomasina responds ____________________.
4. Brice claims that as a tutor, Septimus must __________________________.
5. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)