|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gus run out of the room at the end of the scene?
(a) He is bothered by the pistol shot
(b) He is jealous of Chloe's affection for Bernard
(c) He feels Valentine is disrespectful of Byron
(d) He hates people shouting
2. Why is Hannah at Sidley Park?
(a) She is writing a history of Byron's duels.
(b) She is writing a history of Noakes.
(c) She is writing a history of Lord Croom.
(d) She is writing a history of the garden.
3. Why is Hannah skeptical of Bernard's conclusion regarding Byron's duel with Chater?
(a) Bernard has only proved that a duel was fought.
(b) Byron was lame and could not shoot
(c) Chater died from a monkey bite
(d) He has not established that Byron was even there
4. Chloe asks Hannah ___________________________.
(a) If she is married.
(b) If she is romantically interested in Gus.
(c) If she is done with her book.
(d) If she is romantically interested in Bernard.
5. What is Hannah reading at the beginning of the scene?
(a) The journal of Thomasina Coverly
(b) The journal of Lord Byron
(c) A letter from Septimus
(d) The Couch of Eros
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Septimus place his letter after he has read it?
2. Thomasina is ___________________.
3. Why does Thomasina hate Cleopatra?
4. What does Thomasina believe she can plot with mathematical formulas?
5. Septimus admits to ______________________.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)