|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gus bring Hannah?
(a) An apple.
(b) A turtle.
(c) A book.
(d) A theodolite.
2. Why does Septimus describe Noakes as the serpent in the garden?
(a) Because Noakes discovered Septimus' tryst and told others about it.
(b) Because Noakes discovered Mrs. Chater with Byron, but accused Septimus instead.
(c) Because Noakes tried to lead Septimus into temptation.
(d) Because Noakes is dishonest.
3. What is the name of Valentine's turtle?
4. What philosophical concepts do Septimus and Thomasina discuss in the scene?
(a) Ignorance and knowledge.
(b) Relativity and absolute truth.
(c) Asthetic freedom versus asthetic limitations.
(d) Free will and determination.
5. Thomasina believes she has made a discovery in ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brice claims that as a tutor, Septimus must __________________________.
2. Who is Lady Croom in love with, according to Thomasina?
3. What is Valentine studying using his mathematical process?
4. Where is the proof that Byron was at Sidley Park in 1809?
5. Why is Lady Croom vexed with her husband?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)