|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard did not receive a reply to his letter from Lord Croom?
(a) It was typewritten, and Lord Croom thought it was a manuscript.
(b) It was typewritten, and Lord Croom thought it was a bill.
(c) It was typewritten, and Lord Croom did not read those letters.
(d) It was illegible.
2. Lady Croom believes Thomasina has _______________________.
(a) Disguised herself.
(b) Grown taller since the day before.
(c) Grown more refined since the day befoe.
(d) Changed since the day before.
3. Brice accuses Septimus of ___________.
4. Thomasina delivers a letter from ________________.
(a) Lady Croom.
(b) Mr. Noakes.
(c) Mrs. Chater.
(d) Mr. Chater.
5. Who is Lady Croom in love with, according to Thomasina?
(a) Lord Byron.
(b) Mr. Chater.
(c) Mr. Noakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Croom claims her garden is currently arranged ______________________.
2. Why does Brice want Septimus to accept Chater's challenge?
3. Which character enters and exits without speaking?
4. What sound effect is heard constantly throughout this scene?
5. Why does Bernard think Byron engaged in a duel at Sidley Park?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)