|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Septimus place his letter after he has read it?
(a) In his pocket.
(b) In Thomasina's trainer.
(c) In the pages of his copy of The Couch of Eros.
(d) Underneath the table.
2. Why is Hannah skeptical of Bernard's conclusion regarding Byron's duel with Chater?
(a) Byron was lame and could not shoot
(b) Chater died from a monkey bite
(c) Bernard has only proved that a duel was fought.
(d) He has not established that Byron was even there
3. What does Thomasina believe she can plot with mathematical formulas?
(c) Shapes in nature.
(d) Manufactured images.
4. Why does Septimus finally agree to duel with Chater?
(a) Chater demands Septimus duel or leave Sidley Park.
(b) Brice and Chater challenge him together.
(c) Lady Croom insists upon it.
(d) Chater insults Thomasina.
5. What book is Byron mentioned as the author of?
(a) Lyrical Ballads
(b) The Couch of Eros
(c) Poetical Verses
(d) English Bards and Scottish reviewers
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hannah reading at the beginning of the scene?
2. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
3. What is the one word Valentine repeats in her first two entrances?
4. What event is going to occur at Sidley Park?
5. Where is the proof that Byron was at Sidley Park in 1809?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)