|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Thomasina turn to Septimus for answers about sex?
(a) Septimus is her tutor.
(b) Septimus is her brother.
(c) Septimus never tries to deceive anyone.
(d) Septimus is honorable and chaste.
2. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard did not receive a reply to his letter from Lord Croom?
(a) It was typewritten, and Lord Croom thought it was a bill.
(b) It was typewritten, and Lord Croom did not read those letters.
(c) It was illegible.
(d) It was typewritten, and Lord Croom thought it was a manuscript.
3. Where does the play take place?
(a) Rosings Park, Derbyshire.
(b) Sidley Park, Derbyshire.
(c) Sydney Park, Australia.
(d) Central Park, New York.
4. Why is Hannah at Sidley Park?
(a) She is writing a history of Lord Croom.
(b) She is writing a history of the garden.
(c) She is writing a history of Byron's duels.
(d) She is writing a history of Noakes.
5. Thomasina believes she has made a discovery in ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thomasina is ___________________.
2. What does Brice say of Septimus with regard to their duel?
3. Why does Bernard think Byron engaged in a duel at Sidley Park?
4. What sound accompanies the dialogue in parts of the scene?
5. Hannah reveals that ___________________________-.
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)