|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What piece of gossip does Thomasina mention to Septimus?
(a) Mrs. Chater was discovered in bed with Lord Byron.
(b) Mrs. Chater was asked to leave Sidley Park.
(c) Mrs. Chater was discovered in bed with Mr. Noakes.
(d) Mrs. Chater was found in carnal embrace in the gazebo.
2. What book is Byron mentioned as the author of?
(a) Lyrical Ballads
(b) Poetical Verses
(c) English Bards and Scottish reviewers
(d) The Couch of Eros
3. How does Bernard first mislead Hannah?
(a) He lies about his name.
(b) He lies about his relationship with Chloe.
(c) He lies about his work on Byron.
(d) He lies about his job.
4. Which character enters and exits without speaking?
5. Why does Septimus finally agree to duel with Chater?
(a) Chater insults Thomasina.
(b) Lady Croom insists upon it.
(c) Chater demands Septimus duel or leave Sidley Park.
(d) Brice and Chater challenge him together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Croom claims her garden is currently arranged ______________________.
2. What sound recurs in this scene?
3. What does Septimus agree to at the end of the scene?
4. Why is Lady Croom vexed with her husband?
5. What is the name of Valentine's turtle?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)