|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound interrupts Lady Croom's conversation?
(a) Piano music.
(b) A gun shot.
(c) The steam engine.
(d) A scream.
2. Why is Lady Croom vexed with her husband?
(a) He is determined to change the garden.
(b) He is determined to duel with Lord Byron.
(c) He is determined to duel with Septimus.
(d) He has had an affair with Mrs. Chater.
3. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
(a) Wealthier than her elders.
(b) Cleverer than her elders
(c) Disrespectful to her elders.
(d) Impolite to her elders.
4. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard did not receive a reply to his letter from Lord Croom?
(a) It was typewritten, and Lord Croom did not read those letters.
(b) It was typewritten, and Lord Croom thought it was a manuscript.
(c) It was illegible.
(d) It was typewritten, and Lord Croom thought it was a bill.
5. What sound recurs in this scene?
(a) A radio.
(b) Gun shots.
(d) Violin music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Croom claims her garden is currently arranged ______________________.
2. What piece of gossip does Thomasina mention to Septimus?
3. Chater accuses Septimus of __________________-.
4. What does Gus bring Hannah?
5. Chater realizes that Byron intends ____________________.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)