|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomasina is supposed to be studying
(a) Romantic Poetry.
2. What piece of gossip does Thomasina mention to Septimus?
(a) Mrs. Chater was discovered in bed with Lord Byron.
(b) Mrs. Chater was discovered in bed with Mr. Noakes.
(c) Mrs. Chater was asked to leave Sidley Park.
(d) Mrs. Chater was found in carnal embrace in the gazebo.
3. Where does Septimus place his letter after he has read it?
(a) In his pocket.
(b) In the pages of his copy of The Couch of Eros.
(c) In Thomasina's trainer.
(d) Underneath the table.
4. According to Lady Croom, who has shot a pigeon?
(a) Lord Croom.
(b) Septimus' school friend.
(c) Mr. Noakes.
5. What does Brice say of Septimus with regard to their duel?
(a) That Septimus is all bluster and bladder
(b) That Septimus will find a way to cheat.
(c) That Septimus will enlist Byron's help
(d) That Septimus is a formidable shot
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time has Septimus agreed to duel Chater?
2. Why is Hannah at Sidley Park?
3. Thomasina delivers a letter from ________________.
4. Thomasina is ___________________.
5. Why does Septimus finally agree to duel with Chater?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)