|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Croom wants Septimus to _______________________.
(a) Talk Thomasina out of leaving.
(b) Talk Chater out of leaving.
(c) Talk Byron out of leaving.
(d) Talk Brice out of leaving.
2. What sound interrupts Lady Croom's conversation?
(a) The steam engine.
(b) Piano music.
(c) A scream.
(d) A gun shot.
3. Chloe asks Hannah ___________________________.
(a) If she is married.
(b) If she is romantically interested in Bernard.
(c) If she is done with her book.
(d) If she is romantically interested in Gus.
4. Septimus calls attention to ______________________.
(a) Brice's affair with Mrs. Chater.
(b) Noakes' affair with Lady Croom.
(c) Noakes' affair with Mrs. Chater.
(d) Brice's affair with Thomasina.
5. Where does Septimus place his letter after he has read it?
(a) In the pages of his copy of The Couch of Eros.
(b) In Thomasina's trainer.
(c) Underneath the table.
(d) In his pocket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jellaby arrives to ________________________.
2. What philosophical concepts do Septimus and Thomasina discuss in the scene?
3. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
4. Lady Croom believes Thomasina has _______________________.
5. What does Septimus receive at the beginning of the scene?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)