|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
(a) The Baptist in the wilderness.
(b) The man in the moon.
(c) The babe in the woods.
(d) The ghost in the machine.
2. Chloe asks Hannah ___________________________.
(a) If she is romantically interested in Bernard.
(b) If she is romantically interested in Gus.
(c) If she is done with her book.
(d) If she is married.
3. Septimus describes carnal embrace as _______________________.
(a) Throwing one's arms around a side of beef.
(b) Throwing one's arms around an animal.
(c) Throwing one's arms around a lover.
(d) Throwing one's arms around a cow.
4. Hannah reveals that ___________________________-.
(a) Septimus and Byron were school mates.
(b) Septimus and Byron did not get along.
(c) Septimus and Byron were lovers.
(d) Septimus and Byron duelled at Sidley Park.
5. What is the title of the poem Septimus is reading?
(a) The Couch of Eros.
(b) The Raven.
(c) The Origin of Species.
(d) The Hound of the Baskervilles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brice claims that as a tutor, Septimus must __________________________.
2. Who is Lady Croom in love with, according to Thomasina?
3. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
4. When he learns he might find information about Byron, Bernard makes arrangements to _______________.
5. Lady Croom believes Thomasina has _______________________.
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)