|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Septimus agree to at the end of the scene?
(a) Taking on another pupil.
(b) Marrying Mrs. Chater when she becomes a widow.
(c) A second affair with Mrs. Croom.
(d) A second duel with Chater.
2. What does Chloe claim is true of her brother?
(a) She claims he has fought a duel.
(b) She claims he is in love with Hannah.
(c) She claims he is leaving Sidley Park for good.
(d) She claims he has information about her book.
3. Lady Croom wants Septimus to _______________________.
(a) Talk Brice out of leaving.
(b) Talk Byron out of leaving.
(c) Talk Chater out of leaving.
(d) Talk Thomasina out of leaving.
4. What is the one word Valentine repeats in her first two entrances?
5. Why does Brice want Septimus to accept Chater's challenge?
(a) He is upset over Septimus' affair with Mrs. Brice.
(b) He is in love with Thomasina and wants Septimus dead.
(c) He is in love with Mrs. Chater himself.
(d) He is upset over Septimus' affair with Lady Croom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Septimus place his letter after he has read it?
2. Thomasina's discussion of rice pudding proves, in her words, that _______________________.
3. What false last name does Chloe give Bernard?
4. What piece of gossip does Thomasina mention to Septimus?
5. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)