|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chloe claim is true of her brother?
(a) She claims he has fought a duel.
(b) She claims he is in love with Hannah.
(c) She claims he is leaving Sidley Park for good.
(d) She claims he has information about her book.
2. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard did not receive a reply to his letter from Lord Croom?
(a) It was typewritten, and Lord Croom thought it was a manuscript.
(b) It was typewritten, and Lord Croom did not read those letters.
(c) It was illegible.
(d) It was typewritten, and Lord Croom thought it was a bill.
3. What sound interrupts Lady Croom's conversation?
(a) Piano music.
(b) A gun shot.
(c) The steam engine.
(d) A scream.
4. Who enters the scene uninvited?
5. Why does Septimus describe Noakes as the serpent in the garden?
(a) Because Noakes discovered Mrs. Chater with Byron, but accused Septimus instead.
(b) Because Noakes is dishonest.
(c) Because Noakes tried to lead Septimus into temptation.
(d) Because Noakes discovered Septimus' tryst and told others about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
2. Thomasina is ___________________.
3. Septimus describes carnal embrace as _______________________.
4. Who is Lady Croom in love with, according to Thomasina?
5. Thomasina's discussion of rice pudding proves, in her words, that _______________________.
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)