|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time has Septimus agreed to duel Chater?
(c) Five o'clock
2. What does Chloe claim is true of her brother?
(a) She claims he has information about her book.
(b) She claims he has fought a duel.
(c) She claims he is leaving Sidley Park for good.
(d) She claims he is in love with Hannah.
3. Who is Lady Croom in love with, according to Thomasina?
(a) Mr. Chater.
(b) Lord Byron.
(d) Mr. Noakes.
4. Why does Thomasina hate Cleopatra?
(a) Because Cleopatra destroyed Rome.
(b) Because Cleopatra was consumed with love and sex.
(c) Because Cleopatra spoke Latin.
(d) Because Cleopatra hated Queen Elizabeth.
5. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
(a) Her middle name.
(b) Her cooperation.
(c) Her age.
(d) Her preference in her studies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seems particularly offended by Septimus' dalliance with Mrs. Chater?
2. Thomasina is supposed to be studying
3. Chater accuses Septimus of __________________-.
4. Why is Lady Croom vexed with her husband?
5. Septimus claims he will not fight Chater because __________________________.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)