|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Thomasina hate Cleopatra?
(a) Because Cleopatra was consumed with love and sex.
(b) Because Cleopatra destroyed Rome.
(c) Because Cleopatra hated Queen Elizabeth.
(d) Because Cleopatra spoke Latin.
2. What does Thomasina believe she can plot with mathematical formulas?
(b) Manufactured images.
(d) Shapes in nature.
3. What book is Byron mentioned as the author of?
(a) Lyrical Ballads
(b) The Couch of Eros
(c) Poetical Verses
(d) English Bards and Scottish reviewers
4. Who is Lady Croom in love with, according to Thomasina?
(a) Mr. Chater.
(b) Lord Byron.
(c) Mr. Noakes.
5. Who seems particularly offended by Septimus' dalliance with Mrs. Chater?
(a) Lord Croom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thomasina is supposed to be studying
2. What sound recurs in this scene?
3. Septimus describes carnal embrace as _______________________.
4. Who enters the scene uninvited?
5. What does Septimus receive at the beginning of the scene?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)