|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Croom wants Septimus to _______________________.
(a) Talk Byron out of leaving.
(b) Talk Chater out of leaving.
(c) Talk Brice out of leaving.
(d) Talk Thomasina out of leaving.
2. Septimus admits to ______________________.
(a) Making love to Chater's wife.
(b) Ignoring Chater's wife.
(c) Slandering Chater's wife.
(d) Running away with Chater's wife.
3. Septimus claims he will not fight Chater because __________________________.
(a) He will not shoot a guest of Lady Croom's.
(b) He will not shoot a religious man.
(c) He will not shoot a man whose wife has cuckolded him.
(d) He will not shoot a first rank poet.
4. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
(a) Ezra Chater's.
(c) Ezra Pound's.
(d) Lord Byron's.
5. Lady Croom believes Thomasina has _______________________.
(a) Grown taller since the day before.
(b) Disguised herself.
(c) Grown more refined since the day befoe.
(d) Changed since the day before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Septimus agree to at the end of the scene?
2. Why does Thomasina turn to Septimus for answers about sex?
3. What sound accompanies the dialogue in parts of the scene?
4. What piece of gossip does Thomasina mention to Septimus?
5. Who seems particularly offended by Septimus' dalliance with Mrs. Chater?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)