|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomasina believes she has made a discovery in ______________.
2. Who is Lady Croom in love with, according to Thomasina?
(a) Mr. Noakes.
(b) Mr. Chater.
(d) Lord Byron.
3. What false last name does Chloe give Bernard?
4. Why does Brice want Septimus to accept Chater's challenge?
(a) He is in love with Mrs. Chater himself.
(b) He is upset over Septimus' affair with Mrs. Brice.
(c) He is upset over Septimus' affair with Lady Croom.
(d) He is in love with Thomasina and wants Septimus dead.
5. What does Brice say of Septimus with regard to their duel?
(a) That Septimus is a formidable shot
(b) That Septimus will enlist Byron's help
(c) That Septimus will find a way to cheat.
(d) That Septimus is all bluster and bladder
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the play take place?
2. What does Septimus receive at the beginning of the scene?
3. Septimus describes carnal embrace as _______________________.
4. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
5. Why is Hannah at Sidley Park?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)