|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomasina does not discover that Septimus was found with Mrs. Chater because_____________________________.
(a) Thomasina believes Septimus loves only her.
(b) The servants discovered her listening and stopped talking.
(c) Thomasina believes Septimus is in love with her mother.
(d) The servants tried to cover up for Septimus.
2. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
(a) Her preference in her studies.
(b) Her cooperation.
(c) Her age.
(d) Her middle name.
3. Who is Mr. Noakes?
(a) The tutor.
(b) The landscape architect.
(c) Mrs. Croom's brother.
(d) The butler.
4. Thomasina's discussion of rice pudding proves, in her words, that _______________________.
(a) You can't always get what you want.
(b) You cannot separate things permanently.
(c) You cannot create chaos from order.
(d) You cannot stir things apart.
5. What is the name of Valentine's turtle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is onstage when the scene begins?
2. Chater realizes that Byron intends ____________________.
3. What is the title of the poem Septimus is reading?
4. What does Gus bring Hannah?
5. What sound recurs in this scene?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)