|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Septimus claims he will not fight Chater because __________________________.
(a) He will not shoot a religious man.
(b) He will not shoot a man whose wife has cuckolded him.
(c) He will not shoot a first rank poet.
(d) He will not shoot a guest of Lady Croom's.
2. Hannah reveals that ___________________________-.
(a) Septimus and Byron were school mates.
(b) Septimus and Byron did not get along.
(c) Septimus and Byron duelled at Sidley Park.
(d) Septimus and Byron were lovers.
3. Chater accuses Septimus of __________________-.
(a) Misleading his wife.
(b) Insulting his wife.
(c) Stealing his wife.
(d) Betraying his wife.
4. What is the one word Valentine repeats in her first two entrances?
5. Where does Chater ask Septimus to join him?
(a) In the hermitage.
(b) In the sun room.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In the gun room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thomasina believes she has made a discovery in ______________.
2. Why does Thomasina turn to Septimus for answers about sex?
3. Why is Lady Croom vexed with her husband?
4. How does Bernard first mislead Hannah?
5. What event is going to occur at Sidley Park?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)