|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lady Croom, who has shot a pigeon?
(b) Mr. Noakes.
(c) Septimus' school friend.
(d) Lord Croom.
2. Who suggests Lady Croom's translation of Et in Arcadia Ego is incorrect?
3. Why does Thomasina hate Cleopatra?
(a) Because Cleopatra spoke Latin.
(b) Because Cleopatra destroyed Rome.
(c) Because Cleopatra hated Queen Elizabeth.
(d) Because Cleopatra was consumed with love and sex.
4. Where does the play take place?
(a) Sidley Park, Derbyshire.
(b) Rosings Park, Derbyshire.
(c) Sydney Park, Australia.
(d) Central Park, New York.
5. How does Bernard first mislead Hannah?
(a) He lies about his job.
(b) He lies about his work on Byron.
(c) He lies about his name.
(d) He lies about his relationship with Chloe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Septimus describe Noakes as the serpent in the garden?
2. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
3. Where does Chater ask Septimus to join him?
4. Thomasina believes she has made a discovery in ______________.
5. Jellaby arrives to ________________________.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)