|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he learns he might find information about Byron, Bernard makes arrangements to _______________.
(a) Hide his car from Lord Croom.
(b) Stay in town.
(c) Begin writing a book.
(d) Stay at Sidley Park.
2. Why does Bernard think Byron engaged in a duel at Sidley Park?
(a) He has discovered Byron's journal from the days he spent at Sidley Park.
(b) He has discovered Septimus' letters in The Couch of Eros.
(c) He has discovered that Byron left England in a hurry.
(d) He has discovered that Byron later married Mrs. Chater.
3. Brice accuses Septimus of ___________.
4. What is the name of Valentine's turtle?
5. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
(a) Manifest destiny.
(b) The theory of relativity.
(c) Man's inherent evil nature.
(d) Man's free will or self-determination.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Septimus mentions death in Arcadia, Thomasina responds ____________________.
2. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
3. What false last name does Chloe give Bernard?
4. What philosophical concepts do Septimus and Thomasina discuss in the scene?
5. Chater realizes that Byron intends ____________________.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)