|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Thomasina hate Cleopatra?
(a) Because Cleopatra spoke Latin.
(b) Because Cleopatra destroyed Rome.
(c) Because Cleopatra was consumed with love and sex.
(d) Because Cleopatra hated Queen Elizabeth.
2. What philosophical concepts do Septimus and Thomasina discuss in the scene?
(a) Ignorance and knowledge.
(b) Free will and determination.
(c) Asthetic freedom versus asthetic limitations.
(d) Relativity and absolute truth.
3. Thomasina delivers a letter from ________________.
(a) Mrs. Chater.
(b) Mr. Chater.
(c) Mr. Noakes.
(d) Lady Croom.
4. Who seems particularly offended by Septimus' dalliance with Mrs. Chater?
(c) Lord Croom.
5. Lady Croom claims her garden is currently arranged ______________________.
(a) As her husband designed it.
(b) According to the latest fashion.
(c) As God intended it.
(d) According to her tastes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Thomasina turn to Septimus for answers about sex?
2. Chloe asks Hannah ___________________________.
3. Thomasina is also upset over _________________________.
4. What does Thomasina believe she can plot with mathematical formulas?
5. Chater accuses Septimus of __________________-.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)