|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lady Croom in love with, according to Thomasina?
(a) Mr. Noakes.
(b) Lord Byron.
(d) Mr. Chater.
2. What does Septimus receive at the beginning of the scene?
(a) A book.
(b) Another turtle.
(c) Another letter.
(d) An apple.
3. What is the title of the poem Septimus is reading?
(a) The Raven.
(b) The Hound of the Baskervilles.
(c) The Couch of Eros.
(d) The Origin of Species.
4. Septimus calls attention to ______________________.
(a) Noakes' affair with Mrs. Chater.
(b) Noakes' affair with Lady Croom.
(c) Brice's affair with Thomasina.
(d) Brice's affair with Mrs. Chater.
5. Brice claims that as a tutor, Septimus must __________________________.
(a) Keep Thomasina in ignorance of certain matters.
(b) Guard Thomasina from gossip.
(c) Ignore Thomasina's requests for information.
(d) Inform Thomasina thoroughly in every matter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Thomasina hate Cleopatra?
2. What philosophical concepts do Septimus and Thomasina discuss in the scene?
3. What false last name does Chloe give Bernard?
4. Why is Hannah at Sidley Park?
5. Thomasina is ___________________.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)