|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Septimus describes carnal embrace as _______________________.
(a) Throwing one's arms around a cow.
(b) Throwing one's arms around a lover.
(c) Throwing one's arms around an animal.
(d) Throwing one's arms around a side of beef.
2. What does Chloe claim is true of her brother?
(a) She claims he is leaving Sidley Park for good.
(b) She claims he has fought a duel.
(c) She claims he has information about her book.
(d) She claims he is in love with Hannah.
3. Who is onstage when the scene begins?
(a) Lady Croom.
4. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
(a) Man's inherent evil nature.
(b) The theory of relativity.
(c) Manifest destiny.
(d) Man's free will or self-determination.
5. Where does the play take place?
(a) Central Park, New York.
(b) Rosings Park, Derbyshire.
(c) Sydney Park, Australia.
(d) Sidley Park, Derbyshire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hannah at Sidley Park?
2. Which character enters and exits without speaking?
3. Why does Bernard think Byron engaged in a duel at Sidley Park?
4. When Thomasina asks Septimus about sexual congress, he _________________________.
5. Thomasina is supposed to be studying
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)