|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Septimus describes carnal embrace as _______________________.
(a) Throwing one's arms around a cow.
(b) Throwing one's arms around a lover.
(c) Throwing one's arms around a side of beef.
(d) Throwing one's arms around an animal.
2. Who arrives after Hannah exits?
(a) Valentine and Gus.
(b) Bernard and Gus.
(c) Chloe and Valentine.
(d) Chloe and Bernard.
3. Brice claims that as a tutor, Septimus must __________________________.
(a) Keep Thomasina in ignorance of certain matters.
(b) Inform Thomasina thoroughly in every matter.
(c) Guard Thomasina from gossip.
(d) Ignore Thomasina's requests for information.
4. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
(a) Lord Byron's.
(b) Ezra Pound's.
(c) Ezra Chater's.
5. When Septimus mentions death in Arcadia, Thomasina responds ____________________.
(a) Death is inevitable.
(b) Death be damned!
(c) Death cannot stop true love!
(d) Phooey to Death!
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lady Croom vexed with her husband?
2. Septimus calls attention to ______________________.
3. According to Lady Croom, who has shot a pigeon?
4. Thomasina is also upset over _________________________.
5. Thomasina is ___________________.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)