|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What false last name does Chloe give Bernard?
2. Why does Septimus describe Noakes as the serpent in the garden?
(a) Because Noakes discovered Mrs. Chater with Byron, but accused Septimus instead.
(b) Because Noakes tried to lead Septimus into temptation.
(c) Because Noakes discovered Septimus' tryst and told others about it.
(d) Because Noakes is dishonest.
3. What is the title of the poem Septimus is reading?
(a) The Origin of Species.
(b) The Raven.
(c) The Couch of Eros.
(d) The Hound of the Baskervilles.
4. What sound accompanies the dialogue in parts of the scene?
(a) Guitar music.
(b) Cello music.
(c) Piano music.
(d) Violin music.
5. Why does Bernard think Byron engaged in a duel at Sidley Park?
(a) He has discovered that Byron left England in a hurry.
(b) He has discovered Byron's journal from the days he spent at Sidley Park.
(c) He has discovered that Byron later married Mrs. Chater.
(d) He has discovered Septimus' letters in The Couch of Eros.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
2. Who is Lady Croom in love with, according to Thomasina?
3. What is the name of Valentine's turtle?
4. Which character enters and exits without speaking?
5. Why does Septimus finally agree to duel with Chater?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)