|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Thomasina hate Cleopatra?
(a) Because Cleopatra spoke Latin.
(b) Because Cleopatra hated Queen Elizabeth.
(c) Because Cleopatra destroyed Rome.
(d) Because Cleopatra was consumed with love and sex.
2. What sound recurs in this scene?
(a) Gun shots.
(b) A radio.
(c) Violin music.
3. Thomasina believes she has made a discovery in ______________.
4. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard did not receive a reply to his letter from Lord Croom?
(a) It was typewritten, and Lord Croom thought it was a manuscript.
(b) It was illegible.
(c) It was typewritten, and Lord Croom did not read those letters.
(d) It was typewritten, and Lord Croom thought it was a bill.
5. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
(a) Man's free will or self-determination.
(b) Manifest destiny.
(c) Man's inherent evil nature.
(d) The theory of relativity.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time has Septimus agreed to duel Chater?
2. Who is onstage when the scene begins?
3. What piece of gossip does Thomasina mention to Septimus?
4. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
5. Septimus calls attention to ______________________.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)