|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seems particularly offended by Septimus' dalliance with Mrs. Chater?
(a) Lord Croom.
2. What is the one word Valentine repeats in her first two entrances?
3. When he learns he might find information about Byron, Bernard makes arrangements to _______________.
(a) Begin writing a book.
(b) Stay at Sidley Park.
(c) Hide his car from Lord Croom.
(d) Stay in town.
4. What piece of gossip does Thomasina mention to Septimus?
(a) Mrs. Chater was discovered in bed with Lord Byron.
(b) Mrs. Chater was asked to leave Sidley Park.
(c) Mrs. Chater was discovered in bed with Mr. Noakes.
(d) Mrs. Chater was found in carnal embrace in the gazebo.
5. When Thomasina asks Septimus about sexual congress, he _________________________.
(a) Attempts to change the subject.
(b) Attempts to seduce her.
(c) Attempts to offer a detailed explanation.
(d) Attempts to leave the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hannah reveals that ___________________________-.
2. Why is Hannah at Sidley Park?
3. Why does Thomasina turn to Septimus for answers about sex?
4. Lady Croom claims her garden is currently arranged ______________________.
5. What is the name of Valentine's turtle?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)