|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Lady Croom, who has shot a pigeon?
(a) Lord Croom.
(c) Mr. Noakes.
(d) Septimus' school friend.
2. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
(a) Cleverer than her elders
(b) Wealthier than her elders.
(c) Disrespectful to her elders.
(d) Impolite to her elders.
3. Which character enters and exits without speaking?
4. Thomasina delivers a letter from ________________.
(a) Lady Croom.
(b) Mrs. Chater.
(c) Mr. Chater.
(d) Mr. Noakes.
5. Septimus' reply to the letter is _____________________________.
(a) That he will not dignify Chater with a response.
(b) That he will meet Chater after he is done teaching.
(c) That he is unable to meet with Chater that day.
(d) That he needs time to consider Chater's challenge.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the play begin?
2. When Septimus mentions death in Arcadia, Thomasina responds ____________________.
3. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard did not receive a reply to his letter from Lord Croom?
4. Where does Septimus place his letter after he has read it?
5. Why does Septimus describe Noakes as the serpent in the garden?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)