|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Noakes?
(a) The landscape architect.
(b) The butler.
(c) Mrs. Croom's brother.
(d) The tutor.
2. Why does Bernard think Byron engaged in a duel at Sidley Park?
(a) He has discovered Septimus' letters in The Couch of Eros.
(b) He has discovered Byron's journal from the days he spent at Sidley Park.
(c) He has discovered that Byron left England in a hurry.
(d) He has discovered that Byron later married Mrs. Chater.
3. Who is onstage when the scene begins?
(a) Lady Croom.
4. What philosophical concepts do Septimus and Thomasina discuss in the scene?
(a) Asthetic freedom versus asthetic limitations.
(b) Relativity and absolute truth.
(c) Ignorance and knowledge.
(d) Free will and determination.
5. Lady Croom claims her garden is currently arranged ______________________.
(a) According to her tastes.
(b) As God intended it.
(c) According to the latest fashion.
(d) As her husband designed it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the poem Septimus is reading?
2. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard did not receive a reply to his letter from Lord Croom?
3. Which character enters and exits without speaking?
4. Chater accuses Septimus of __________________-.
5. Thomasina's discussion of rice pudding proves, in her words, that _______________________.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)