|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Septimus mentions death in Arcadia, Thomasina responds ____________________.
(a) Death is inevitable.
(b) Death cannot stop true love!
(c) Death be damned!
(d) Phooey to Death!
2. Lady Croom believes Thomasina has _______________________.
(a) Grown more refined since the day befoe.
(b) Grown taller since the day before.
(c) Changed since the day before.
(d) Disguised herself.
3. Where does Septimus place his letter after he has read it?
(a) In Thomasina's trainer.
(b) Underneath the table.
(c) In his pocket.
(d) In the pages of his copy of The Couch of Eros.
4. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard should hide his car?
(a) Lord Croom would not allow guests with Japanese cars.
(b) Lord Croom would not allow guests who drove foreign cars.
(c) Lord Croom would not allow guests who did not ride bicycles.
(d) Lord Croom would not allow guests who did not drive carriages.
5. Where does Chater ask Septimus to join him?
(a) In the sun room.
(b) In the hermitage.
(c) In the gun room.
(d) In the garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character enters and exits without speaking?
2. Thomasina is supposed to be studying
3. Thomasina's discussion of rice pudding proves, in her words, that _______________________.
4. In what year does the play begin?
5. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)