|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event is going to occur at Sidley Park?
(a) A dance for the district.
(b) An auction.
(c) A charity benefit.
(d) A birthday party.
2. What philosophical concepts do Septimus and Thomasina discuss in the scene?
(a) Ignorance and knowledge.
(b) Free will and determination.
(c) Relativity and absolute truth.
(d) Asthetic freedom versus asthetic limitations.
3. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
(a) The theory of relativity.
(b) Man's inherent evil nature.
(c) Man's free will or self-determination.
(d) Manifest destiny.
4. Hannah reveals that ___________________________-.
(a) Septimus and Byron were school mates.
(b) Septimus and Byron duelled at Sidley Park.
(c) Septimus and Byron were lovers.
(d) Septimus and Byron did not get along.
5. Why does Septimus describe Noakes as the serpent in the garden?
(a) Because Noakes discovered Septimus' tryst and told others about it.
(b) Because Noakes is dishonest.
(c) Because Noakes discovered Mrs. Chater with Byron, but accused Septimus instead.
(d) Because Noakes tried to lead Septimus into temptation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard should hide his car?
2. What sound recurs in this scene?
3. Why is Hannah at Sidley Park?
4. Chater accuses Septimus of __________________-.
5. Who is onstage when the scene begins?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)