|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Septimus place his letter after he has read it?
(a) In his pocket.
(b) In Thomasina's trainer.
(c) In the pages of his copy of The Couch of Eros.
(d) Underneath the table.
2. How does Bernard first mislead Hannah?
(a) He lies about his work on Byron.
(b) He lies about his relationship with Chloe.
(c) He lies about his job.
(d) He lies about his name.
3. Septimus claims he will not fight Chater because __________________________.
(a) He will not shoot a religious man.
(b) He will not shoot a man whose wife has cuckolded him.
(c) He will not shoot a first rank poet.
(d) He will not shoot a guest of Lady Croom's.
4. When he learns he might find information about Byron, Bernard makes arrangements to _______________.
(a) Stay at Sidley Park.
(b) Begin writing a book.
(c) Hide his car from Lord Croom.
(d) Stay in town.
5. Who seems particularly offended by Septimus' dalliance with Mrs. Chater?
(d) Lord Croom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gus bring Hannah?
2. Jellaby arrives to ________________________.
3. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
4. What piece of gossip does Thomasina mention to Septimus?
5. Thomasina is supposed to be studying
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)