|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What piece of gossip does Thomasina mention to Septimus?
(a) Mrs. Chater was discovered in bed with Lord Byron.
(b) Mrs. Chater was found in carnal embrace in the gazebo.
(c) Mrs. Chater was asked to leave Sidley Park.
(d) Mrs. Chater was discovered in bed with Mr. Noakes.
2. Where does the play take place?
(a) Rosings Park, Derbyshire.
(b) Sydney Park, Australia.
(c) Central Park, New York.
(d) Sidley Park, Derbyshire.
3. Which character enters and exits without speaking?
4. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard did not receive a reply to his letter from Lord Croom?
(a) It was illegible.
(b) It was typewritten, and Lord Croom thought it was a manuscript.
(c) It was typewritten, and Lord Croom thought it was a bill.
(d) It was typewritten, and Lord Croom did not read those letters.
5. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
(a) Her middle name.
(b) Her cooperation.
(c) Her age.
(d) Her preference in her studies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bernard first mislead Hannah?
2. What false last name does Chloe give Bernard?
3. In what year does the play begin?
4. What does Gus bring Hannah?
5. Septimus claims he will not fight Chater because __________________________.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)