|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Septimus claims he will not fight Chater because __________________________.
(a) He will not shoot a first rank poet.
(b) He will not shoot a guest of Lady Croom's.
(c) He will not shoot a religious man.
(d) He will not shoot a man whose wife has cuckolded him.
2. Where does the play take place?
(a) Sydney Park, Australia.
(b) Central Park, New York.
(c) Rosings Park, Derbyshire.
(d) Sidley Park, Derbyshire.
3. In what year does the play begin?
(c) The present.
4. Thomasina's discussion of rice pudding proves, in her words, that _______________________.
(a) You cannot create chaos from order.
(b) You can't always get what you want.
(c) You cannot stir things apart.
(d) You cannot separate things permanently.
5. What is the title of the poem Septimus is reading?
(a) The Origin of Species.
(b) The Hound of the Baskervilles.
(c) The Couch of Eros.
(d) The Raven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chloe claim is true of her brother?
2. What does Gus bring Hannah?
3. When he learns he might find information about Byron, Bernard makes arrangements to _______________.
4. Who is onstage when the scene begins?
5. Which character enters and exits without speaking?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)