|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Valentine's turtle?
2. Who is Mr. Noakes?
(a) The butler.
(b) Mrs. Croom's brother.
(c) The tutor.
(d) The landscape architect.
3. In what year does the play begin?
(d) The present.
4. What false last name does Chloe give Bernard?
5. Septimus claims he will not fight Chater because __________________________.
(a) He will not shoot a guest of Lady Croom's.
(b) He will not shoot a man whose wife has cuckolded him.
(c) He will not shoot a first rank poet.
(d) He will not shoot a religious man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thomasina's discussion of rice pudding proves, in her words, that _______________________.
2. Where does Chater ask Septimus to join him?
3. Why does Bernard think Byron engaged in a duel at Sidley Park?
4. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
5. According to Lady Croom, who has shot a pigeon?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)