|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hannah at Sidley Park?
(a) She is writing a history of the garden.
(b) She is writing a history of Noakes.
(c) She is writing a history of Lord Croom.
(d) She is writing a history of Byron's duels.
2. When Septimus mentions death in Arcadia, Thomasina responds ____________________.
(a) Phooey to Death!
(b) Death is inevitable.
(c) Death cannot stop true love!
(d) Death be damned!
3. Who enters the scene uninvited?
4. What sound interrupts Lady Croom's conversation?
(a) The steam engine.
(b) A gun shot.
(c) Piano music.
(d) A scream.
5. When Thomasina asks Septimus about sexual congress, he _________________________.
(a) Attempts to change the subject.
(b) Attempts to seduce her.
(c) Attempts to offer a detailed explanation.
(d) Attempts to leave the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Septimus describes carnal embrace as _______________________.
2. Where does the play take place?
3. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard should hide his car?
4. Which character enters and exits without speaking?
5. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)