|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
(a) Man's free will or self-determination.
(b) Manifest destiny.
(c) Man's inherent evil nature.
(d) The theory of relativity.
2. Why is Hannah at Sidley Park?
(a) She is writing a history of Byron's duels.
(b) She is writing a history of the garden.
(c) She is writing a history of Noakes.
(d) She is writing a history of Lord Croom.
3. Thomasina is supposed to be studying
(a) Romantic Poetry.
4. When Thomasina asks Septimus about sexual congress, he _________________________.
(a) Attempts to change the subject.
(b) Attempts to leave the room.
(c) Attempts to seduce her.
(d) Attempts to offer a detailed explanation.
5. Septimus claims he will not fight Chater because __________________________.
(a) He will not shoot a man whose wife has cuckolded him.
(b) He will not shoot a religious man.
(c) He will not shoot a first rank poet.
(d) He will not shoot a guest of Lady Croom's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Croom believes Thomasina has _______________________.
2. What false last name does Chloe give Bernard?
3. Brice accuses Septimus of ___________.
4. What piece of gossip does Thomasina mention to Septimus?
5. When he learns he might find information about Byron, Bernard makes arrangements to _______________.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)