|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chater ask Septimus to join him?
(a) In the gun room.
(b) In the garden.
(c) In the hermitage.
(d) In the sun room.
2. Why does Septimus describe Noakes as the serpent in the garden?
(a) Because Noakes discovered Mrs. Chater with Byron, but accused Septimus instead.
(b) Because Noakes is dishonest.
(c) Because Noakes tried to lead Septimus into temptation.
(d) Because Noakes discovered Septimus' tryst and told others about it.
3. Thomasina does not discover that Septimus was found with Mrs. Chater because_____________________________.
(a) Thomasina believes Septimus is in love with her mother.
(b) The servants discovered her listening and stopped talking.
(c) Thomasina believes Septimus loves only her.
(d) The servants tried to cover up for Septimus.
4. Who enters the scene uninvited?
5. What event is going to occur at Sidley Park?
(a) An auction.
(b) A charity benefit.
(c) A dance for the district.
(d) A birthday party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What false last name does Chloe give Bernard?
2. What piece of gossip does Thomasina mention to Septimus?
3. Chloe asks Hannah ___________________________.
4. When Septimus mentions death in Arcadia, Thomasina responds ____________________.
5. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)