|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Septimus describe Noakes as the serpent in the garden?
(a) Because Noakes discovered Septimus' tryst and told others about it.
(b) Because Noakes discovered Mrs. Chater with Byron, but accused Septimus instead.
(c) Because Noakes tried to lead Septimus into temptation.
(d) Because Noakes is dishonest.
2. According to Lady Croom, who has shot a pigeon?
(a) Septimus' school friend.
(c) Lord Croom.
(d) Mr. Noakes.
3. Hannah reveals that ___________________________-.
(a) Septimus and Byron duelled at Sidley Park.
(b) Septimus and Byron were lovers.
(c) Septimus and Byron were school mates.
(d) Septimus and Byron did not get along.
4. Who is onstage when the scene begins?
(a) Lady Croom.
5. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
(a) The theory of relativity.
(b) Man's free will or self-determination.
(c) Manifest destiny.
(d) Man's inherent evil nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Noakes?
2. Who seems particularly offended by Septimus' dalliance with Mrs. Chater?
3. Who suggests Lady Croom's translation of Et in Arcadia Ego is incorrect?
4. When Septimus mentions death in Arcadia, Thomasina responds ____________________.
5. Lady Croom claims her garden is currently arranged ______________________.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)