|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is onstage when the scene begins?
(d) Lady Croom.
2. What does Gus bring Hannah?
(a) A theodolite.
(b) A book.
(c) A turtle.
(d) An apple.
3. Where does Chater ask Septimus to join him?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In the gun room.
(c) In the sun room.
(d) In the hermitage.
4. Thomasina's discussion of rice pudding proves, in her words, that _______________________.
(a) You can't always get what you want.
(b) You cannot create chaos from order.
(c) You cannot stir things apart.
(d) You cannot separate things permanently.
5. Who arrives after Hannah exits?
(a) Chloe and Valentine.
(b) Valentine and Gus.
(c) Bernard and Gus.
(d) Chloe and Bernard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
2. Brice accuses Septimus of ___________.
3. What sound recurs in this scene?
4. Who suggests Lady Croom's translation of Et in Arcadia Ego is incorrect?
5. According to Lady Croom, who has shot a pigeon?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)