|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
(a) Her preference in her studies.
(b) Her middle name.
(c) Her cooperation.
(d) Her age.
2. When Septimus mentions death in Arcadia, Thomasina responds ____________________.
(a) Death cannot stop true love!
(b) Death be damned!
(c) Phooey to Death!
(d) Death is inevitable.
3. Thomasina's discussion of rice pudding proves, in her words, that _______________________.
(a) You can't always get what you want.
(b) You cannot separate things permanently.
(c) You cannot create chaos from order.
(d) You cannot stir things apart.
4. Brice accuses Septimus of ___________.
5. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard should hide his car?
(a) Lord Croom would not allow guests with Japanese cars.
(b) Lord Croom would not allow guests who did not ride bicycles.
(c) Lord Croom would not allow guests who drove foreign cars.
(d) Lord Croom would not allow guests who did not drive carriages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gus bring Hannah?
2. What is the title of the poem Septimus is reading?
3. What event is going to occur at Sidley Park?
4. Why does Bernard think Byron engaged in a duel at Sidley Park?
5. Thomasina does not discover that Septimus was found with Mrs. Chater because_____________________________.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)