|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Valentine's turtle?
2. When Septimus mentions death in Arcadia, Thomasina responds ____________________.
(a) Death be damned!
(b) Death is inevitable.
(c) Phooey to Death!
(d) Death cannot stop true love!
3. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
(a) Wealthier than her elders.
(b) Cleverer than her elders
(c) Disrespectful to her elders.
(d) Impolite to her elders.
4. Septimus' reply to the letter is _____________________________.
(a) That he will not dignify Chater with a response.
(b) That he is unable to meet with Chater that day.
(c) That he needs time to consider Chater's challenge.
(d) That he will meet Chater after he is done teaching.
5. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard should hide his car?
(a) Lord Croom would not allow guests who did not ride bicycles.
(b) Lord Croom would not allow guests with Japanese cars.
(c) Lord Croom would not allow guests who drove foreign cars.
(d) Lord Croom would not allow guests who did not drive carriages.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jellaby arrives to ________________________.
2. What is the title of the poem Septimus is reading?
3. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
4. What piece of gossip does Thomasina mention to Septimus?
5. What philosophical concepts do Septimus and Thomasina discuss in the scene?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)