|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound recurs in this scene?
(a) A radio.
(c) Violin music.
(d) Gun shots.
2. What event is going to occur at Sidley Park?
(a) A charity benefit.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) An auction.
(d) A dance for the district.
3. Septimus claims he will not fight Chater because __________________________.
(a) He will not shoot a religious man.
(b) He will not shoot a guest of Lady Croom's.
(c) He will not shoot a man whose wife has cuckolded him.
(d) He will not shoot a first rank poet.
4. Who arrives after Hannah exits?
(a) Chloe and Valentine.
(b) Bernard and Gus.
(c) Valentine and Gus.
(d) Chloe and Bernard.
5. Who seems particularly offended by Septimus' dalliance with Mrs. Chater?
(b) Lord Croom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chloe claim is true of her brother?
2. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard did not receive a reply to his letter from Lord Croom?
3. What is the title of the poem Septimus is reading?
4. What is the name of Valentine's turtle?
5. Lady Croom believes Thomasina has _______________________.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)