|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one word Valentine repeats in her first two entrances?
2. Why does Bernard think Byron engaged in a duel at Sidley Park?
(a) He has discovered that Byron later married Mrs. Chater.
(b) He has discovered Septimus' letters in The Couch of Eros.
(c) He has discovered Byron's journal from the days he spent at Sidley Park.
(d) He has discovered that Byron left England in a hurry.
3. What is the name of Valentine's turtle?
4. When Thomasina asks Septimus about sexual congress, he _________________________.
(a) Attempts to offer a detailed explanation.
(b) Attempts to change the subject.
(c) Attempts to leave the room.
(d) Attempts to seduce her.
5. Which character enters and exits without speaking?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the scene uninvited?
2. Septimus describes carnal embrace as _______________________.
3. According to Lady Croom, who has shot a pigeon?
4. When Septimus mentions death in Arcadia, Thomasina responds ____________________.
5. Who seems particularly offended by Septimus' dalliance with Mrs. Chater?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)