|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Noakes?
(a) The butler.
(b) Mrs. Croom's brother.
(c) The landscape architect.
(d) The tutor.
2. Where does Chater ask Septimus to join him?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In the gun room.
(c) In the sun room.
(d) In the hermitage.
3. Lady Croom claims her garden is currently arranged ______________________.
(a) According to the latest fashion.
(b) As her husband designed it.
(c) According to her tastes.
(d) As God intended it.
4. Thomasina does not discover that Septimus was found with Mrs. Chater because_____________________________.
(a) Thomasina believes Septimus loves only her.
(b) The servants tried to cover up for Septimus.
(c) Thomasina believes Septimus is in love with her mother.
(d) The servants discovered her listening and stopped talking.
5. What is the title of the poem Septimus is reading?
(a) The Hound of the Baskervilles.
(b) The Couch of Eros.
(c) The Raven.
(d) The Origin of Species.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
2. Septimus' reply to the letter is _____________________________.
3. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
4. Where does Septimus place his letter after he has read it?
5. Lady Croom believes Thomasina has _______________________.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)