|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Thomasina asks Septimus about sexual congress, he _________________________.
(a) Attempts to seduce her.
(b) Attempts to change the subject.
(c) Attempts to offer a detailed explanation.
(d) Attempts to leave the room.
2. Who seems particularly offended by Septimus' dalliance with Mrs. Chater?
(a) Lord Croom.
3. Why does Septimus describe Noakes as the serpent in the garden?
(a) Because Noakes is dishonest.
(b) Because Noakes discovered Mrs. Chater with Byron, but accused Septimus instead.
(c) Because Noakes discovered Septimus' tryst and told others about it.
(d) Because Noakes tried to lead Septimus into temptation.
4. Thomasina's discussion of rice pudding proves, in her words, that _______________________.
(a) You cannot create chaos from order.
(b) You cannot separate things permanently.
(c) You cannot stir things apart.
(d) You can't always get what you want.
5. Thomasina delivers a letter from ________________.
(a) Mr. Chater.
(b) Mr. Noakes.
(c) Lady Croom.
(d) Mrs. Chater.
Short Answer Questions
1. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
2. Chater accuses Septimus of __________________-.
3. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
4. Septimus describes carnal embrace as _______________________.
5. Thomasina does not discover that Septimus was found with Mrs. Chater because_____________________________.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)