|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Septimus claims he will not fight Chater because __________________________.
(a) He will not shoot a guest of Lady Croom's.
(b) He will not shoot a religious man.
(c) He will not shoot a man whose wife has cuckolded him.
(d) He will not shoot a first rank poet.
2. Who seems particularly offended by Septimus' dalliance with Mrs. Chater?
(d) Lord Croom.
3. Lady Croom claims her garden is currently arranged ______________________.
(a) According to her tastes.
(b) As her husband designed it.
(c) According to the latest fashion.
(d) As God intended it.
4. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
(a) Impolite to her elders.
(b) Wealthier than her elders.
(c) Cleverer than her elders
(d) Disrespectful to her elders.
5. In what year does the play begin?
(b) The present.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thomasina delivers a letter from ________________.
2. What piece of gossip does Thomasina mention to Septimus?
3. Thomasina is supposed to be studying
4. Why does Thomasina turn to Septimus for answers about sex?
5. Jellaby arrives to ________________________.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)