|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brice claims that as a tutor, Septimus must __________________________.
(a) Guard Thomasina from gossip.
(b) Keep Thomasina in ignorance of certain matters.
(c) Ignore Thomasina's requests for information.
(d) Inform Thomasina thoroughly in every matter.
2. In what year does the play begin?
(b) The present.
3. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
(a) The babe in the woods.
(b) The ghost in the machine.
(c) The Baptist in the wilderness.
(d) The man in the moon.
4. Septimus claims he will not fight Chater because __________________________.
(a) He will not shoot a first rank poet.
(b) He will not shoot a religious man.
(c) He will not shoot a guest of Lady Croom's.
(d) He will not shoot a man whose wife has cuckolded him.
5. Chater accuses Septimus of __________________-.
(a) Insulting his wife.
(b) Stealing his wife.
(c) Misleading his wife.
(d) Betraying his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the poem Septimus is reading?
2. Thomasina's discussion of rice pudding proves, in her words, that _______________________.
3. Where does the play take place?
4. Septimus' reply to the letter is _____________________________.
5. Thomasina does not discover that Septimus was found with Mrs. Chater because_____________________________.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)