|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
(a) Ezra Pound's.
(b) Lord Byron's.
(d) Ezra Chater's.
2. Why does Septimus describe Noakes as the serpent in the garden?
(a) Because Noakes discovered Mrs. Chater with Byron, but accused Septimus instead.
(b) Because Noakes is dishonest.
(c) Because Noakes tried to lead Septimus into temptation.
(d) Because Noakes discovered Septimus' tryst and told others about it.
3. Who enters the scene uninvited?
4. Brice claims that as a tutor, Septimus must __________________________.
(a) Keep Thomasina in ignorance of certain matters.
(b) Inform Thomasina thoroughly in every matter.
(c) Guard Thomasina from gossip.
(d) Ignore Thomasina's requests for information.
5. Where does Chater ask Septimus to join him?
(a) In the sun room.
(b) In the garden.
(c) In the hermitage.
(d) In the gun room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Thomasina turn to Septimus for answers about sex?
2. What philosophical concepts do Septimus and Thomasina discuss in the scene?
3. Who suggests Lady Croom's translation of Et in Arcadia Ego is incorrect?
4. Septimus describes carnal embrace as _______________________.
5. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)