|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Septimus place his letter after he has read it?
(a) In the pages of his copy of The Couch of Eros.
(b) In his pocket.
(c) Underneath the table.
(d) In Thomasina's trainer.
2. Thomasina does not discover that Septimus was found with Mrs. Chater because_____________________________.
(a) The servants tried to cover up for Septimus.
(b) Thomasina believes Septimus is in love with her mother.
(c) Thomasina believes Septimus loves only her.
(d) The servants discovered her listening and stopped talking.
3. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
(a) Man's free will or self-determination.
(b) Manifest destiny.
(c) The theory of relativity.
(d) Man's inherent evil nature.
4. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
(a) Her preference in her studies.
(b) Her age.
(c) Her cooperation.
(d) Her middle name.
5. Thomasina's discussion of rice pudding proves, in her words, that _______________________.
(a) You cannot create chaos from order.
(b) You can't always get what you want.
(c) You cannot separate things permanently.
(d) You cannot stir things apart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Septimus admits to ______________________.
2. Septimus' reply to the letter is _____________________________.
3. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
4. Who enters the scene uninvited?
5. Brice accuses Septimus of ___________.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)