|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brice claims that as a tutor, Septimus must __________________________.
(a) Inform Thomasina thoroughly in every matter.
(b) Guard Thomasina from gossip.
(c) Keep Thomasina in ignorance of certain matters.
(d) Ignore Thomasina's requests for information.
2. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
(a) Ezra Chater's.
(b) Lord Byron's.
(c) Ezra Pound's.
3. According to Lady Croom, who has shot a pigeon?
(b) Septimus' school friend.
(c) Mr. Noakes.
(d) Lord Croom.
4. Thomasina does not discover that Septimus was found with Mrs. Chater because_____________________________.
(a) The servants discovered her listening and stopped talking.
(b) Thomasina believes Septimus loves only her.
(c) Thomasina believes Septimus is in love with her mother.
(d) The servants tried to cover up for Septimus.
5. In what year does the play begin?
(a) The present.
Short Answer Questions
1. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
2. What sound interrupts Lady Croom's conversation?
3. Where does Septimus place his letter after he has read it?
4. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
5. What philosophical concepts do Septimus and Thomasina discuss in the scene?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)