|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brice claims that as a tutor, Septimus must __________________________.
(a) Keep Thomasina in ignorance of certain matters.
(b) Ignore Thomasina's requests for information.
(c) Guard Thomasina from gossip.
(d) Inform Thomasina thoroughly in every matter.
2. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
(a) Her middle name.
(b) Her age.
(c) Her cooperation.
(d) Her preference in her studies.
3. Septimus claims he will not fight Chater because __________________________.
(a) He will not shoot a man whose wife has cuckolded him.
(b) He will not shoot a religious man.
(c) He will not shoot a guest of Lady Croom's.
(d) He will not shoot a first rank poet.
4. Lady Croom believes Thomasina has _______________________.
(a) Grown more refined since the day befoe.
(b) Disguised herself.
(c) Grown taller since the day before.
(d) Changed since the day before.
5. Thomasina is supposed to be studying
(c) Romantic Poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jellaby arrives to ________________________.
2. According to Lady Croom, who has shot a pigeon?
3. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
4. Who enters the scene uninvited?
5. Septimus' reply to the letter is _____________________________.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)