|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Thomasina asks Septimus about sexual congress, he _________________________.
(a) Attempts to seduce her.
(b) Attempts to offer a detailed explanation.
(c) Attempts to leave the room.
(d) Attempts to change the subject.
2. What sound interrupts Lady Croom's conversation?
(a) A scream.
(b) A gun shot.
(c) Piano music.
(d) The steam engine.
3. Where does Chater ask Septimus to join him?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In the sun room.
(c) In the hermitage.
(d) In the gun room.
4. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
(a) The ghost in the machine.
(b) The man in the moon.
(c) The babe in the woods.
(d) The Baptist in the wilderness.
5. Who suggests Lady Croom's translation of Et in Arcadia Ego is incorrect?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the play begin?
2. Septimus admits to ______________________.
3. Who is Mr. Noakes?
4. Thomasina delivers a letter from ________________.
5. Why does Septimus describe Noakes as the serpent in the garden?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)