|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound interrupts Lady Croom's conversation?
(a) Piano music.
(b) The steam engine.
(c) A scream.
(d) A gun shot.
2. Septimus admits to ______________________.
(a) Running away with Chater's wife.
(b) Making love to Chater's wife.
(c) Ignoring Chater's wife.
(d) Slandering Chater's wife.
3. Thomasina is supposed to be studying
(a) Romantic Poetry.
4. Lady Croom claims her garden is currently arranged ______________________.
(a) According to the latest fashion.
(b) As her husband designed it.
(c) According to her tastes.
(d) As God intended it.
5. When Thomasina asks Septimus about sexual congress, he _________________________.
(a) Attempts to seduce her.
(b) Attempts to change the subject.
(c) Attempts to leave the room.
(d) Attempts to offer a detailed explanation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Noakes?
2. Who enters the scene uninvited?
3. Thomasina does not discover that Septimus was found with Mrs. Chater because_____________________________.
4. Where does the play take place?
5. Septimus' reply to the letter is _____________________________.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)