|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the play take place?
(a) Rosings Park, Derbyshire.
(b) Sidley Park, Derbyshire.
(c) Central Park, New York.
(d) Sydney Park, Australia.
2. Thomasina is supposed to be studying
(d) Romantic Poetry.
3. When Septimus mentions death in Arcadia, Thomasina responds ____________________.
(a) Phooey to Death!
(b) Death is inevitable.
(c) Death be damned!
(d) Death cannot stop true love!
4. Thomasina's discussion of rice pudding proves, in her words, that _______________________.
(a) You cannot separate things permanently.
(b) You can't always get what you want.
(c) You cannot stir things apart.
(d) You cannot create chaos from order.
5. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
(a) Man's inherent evil nature.
(b) The theory of relativity.
(c) Man's free will or self-determination.
(d) Manifest destiny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What philosophical concepts do Septimus and Thomasina discuss in the scene?
2. What piece of gossip does Thomasina mention to Septimus?
3. Brice claims that as a tutor, Septimus must __________________________.
4. Lady Croom believes Thomasina has _______________________.
5. Who seems particularly offended by Septimus' dalliance with Mrs. Chater?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)