|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What piece of gossip does Thomasina mention to Septimus?
(a) Mrs. Chater was discovered in bed with Lord Byron.
(b) Mrs. Chater was discovered in bed with Mr. Noakes.
(c) Mrs. Chater was asked to leave Sidley Park.
(d) Mrs. Chater was found in carnal embrace in the gazebo.
2. What philosophical concepts do Septimus and Thomasina discuss in the scene?
(a) Asthetic freedom versus asthetic limitations.
(b) Ignorance and knowledge.
(c) Relativity and absolute truth.
(d) Free will and determination.
3. Where does the play take place?
(a) Sydney Park, Australia.
(b) Rosings Park, Derbyshire.
(c) Sidley Park, Derbyshire.
(d) Central Park, New York.
4. Brice accuses Septimus of ___________.
5. When Thomasina asks Septimus about sexual congress, he _________________________.
(a) Attempts to leave the room.
(b) Attempts to change the subject.
(c) Attempts to offer a detailed explanation.
(d) Attempts to seduce her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound interrupts Lady Croom's conversation?
2. Lady Croom believes Thomasina has _______________________.
3. Thomasina does not discover that Septimus was found with Mrs. Chater because_____________________________.
4. Where does Septimus place his letter after he has read it?
5. Who enters the scene uninvited?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)