|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomasina is supposed to be studying
(d) Romantic Poetry.
2. Why does Thomasina turn to Septimus for answers about sex?
(a) Septimus never tries to deceive anyone.
(b) Septimus is honorable and chaste.
(c) Septimus is her tutor.
(d) Septimus is her brother.
3. Who seems particularly offended by Septimus' dalliance with Mrs. Chater?
(c) Lord Croom.
4. Septimus claims he will not fight Chater because __________________________.
(a) He will not shoot a religious man.
(b) He will not shoot a man whose wife has cuckolded him.
(c) He will not shoot a guest of Lady Croom's.
(d) He will not shoot a first rank poet.
5. Septimus admits to ______________________.
(a) Running away with Chater's wife.
(b) Slandering Chater's wife.
(c) Making love to Chater's wife.
(d) Ignoring Chater's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Septimus describe Noakes as the serpent in the garden?
2. When Thomasina asks Septimus about sexual congress, he _________________________.
3. Thomasina delivers a letter from ________________.
4. Lady Croom believes Thomasina has _______________________.
5. What philosophical concepts do Septimus and Thomasina discuss in the scene?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)