|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jellaby arrives to ________________________.
(a) Deliver a letter to Septimus.
(b) Challenge Septimus to a duel.
(c) Collect a letter from Septimus.
(d) Deliver a letter to Thomasina.
2. What piece of gossip does Thomasina mention to Septimus?
(a) Mrs. Chater was asked to leave Sidley Park.
(b) Mrs. Chater was found in carnal embrace in the gazebo.
(c) Mrs. Chater was discovered in bed with Mr. Noakes.
(d) Mrs. Chater was discovered in bed with Lord Byron.
3. Where does Septimus place his letter after he has read it?
(a) In Thomasina's trainer.
(b) In his pocket.
(c) Underneath the table.
(d) In the pages of his copy of The Couch of Eros.
4. Chater accuses Septimus of __________________-.
(a) Misleading his wife.
(b) Stealing his wife.
(c) Betraying his wife.
(d) Insulting his wife.
5. What is the title of the poem Septimus is reading?
(a) The Couch of Eros.
(b) The Origin of Species.
(c) The Hound of the Baskervilles.
(d) The Raven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Croom believes Thomasina has _______________________.
2. What philosophical concepts do Septimus and Thomasina discuss in the scene?
3. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
4. Where does Chater ask Septimus to join him?
5. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)