|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the poem Septimus is reading?
(a) The Couch of Eros.
(b) The Origin of Species.
(c) The Raven.
(d) The Hound of the Baskervilles.
2. Thomasina delivers a letter from ________________.
(a) Mr. Noakes.
(b) Mr. Chater.
(c) Mrs. Chater.
(d) Lady Croom.
3. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
(a) Her middle name.
(b) Her preference in her studies.
(c) Her age.
(d) Her cooperation.
4. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
(a) The man in the moon.
(b) The Baptist in the wilderness.
(c) The ghost in the machine.
(d) The babe in the woods.
5. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
(a) Cleverer than her elders
(b) Wealthier than her elders.
(c) Disrespectful to her elders.
(d) Impolite to her elders.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Septimus mentions death in Arcadia, Thomasina responds ____________________.
2. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
3. What piece of gossip does Thomasina mention to Septimus?
4. Who suggests Lady Croom's translation of Et in Arcadia Ego is incorrect?
5. Why does Thomasina turn to Septimus for answers about sex?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)