|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomasina delivers a letter from ________________.
(a) Mr. Chater.
(b) Lady Croom.
(c) Mrs. Chater.
(d) Mr. Noakes.
2. What sound interrupts Lady Croom's conversation?
(a) A gun shot.
(b) Piano music.
(c) The steam engine.
(d) A scream.
3. Lady Croom claims her garden is currently arranged ______________________.
(a) As God intended it.
(b) According to her tastes.
(c) As her husband designed it.
(d) According to the latest fashion.
4. Brice claims that as a tutor, Septimus must __________________________.
(a) Ignore Thomasina's requests for information.
(b) Inform Thomasina thoroughly in every matter.
(c) Keep Thomasina in ignorance of certain matters.
(d) Guard Thomasina from gossip.
5. What is the title of the poem Septimus is reading?
(a) The Raven.
(b) The Hound of the Baskervilles.
(c) The Origin of Species.
(d) The Couch of Eros.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chater ask Septimus to join him?
2. Where does Septimus place his letter after he has read it?
3. When Thomasina asks Septimus about sexual congress, he _________________________.
4. Why does Thomasina turn to Septimus for answers about sex?
5. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)