|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomasina's discussion of rice pudding proves, in her words, that _______________________.
(a) You cannot create chaos from order.
(b) You cannot stir things apart.
(c) You cannot separate things permanently.
(d) You can't always get what you want.
2. Brice claims that as a tutor, Septimus must __________________________.
(a) Ignore Thomasina's requests for information.
(b) Guard Thomasina from gossip.
(c) Inform Thomasina thoroughly in every matter.
(d) Keep Thomasina in ignorance of certain matters.
3. According to Lady Croom, who has shot a pigeon?
(a) Mr. Noakes.
(b) Lord Croom.
(d) Septimus' school friend.
4. In what year does the play begin?
(d) The present.
5. Chater accuses Septimus of __________________-.
(a) Insulting his wife.
(b) Betraying his wife.
(c) Misleading his wife.
(d) Stealing his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the play take place?
2. Thomasina is supposed to be studying
3. Septimus describes carnal embrace as _______________________.
4. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
5. Where does Septimus place his letter after he has read it?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)