|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Septimus' reply to the letter is _____________________________.
(a) That he needs time to consider Chater's challenge.
(b) That he will not dignify Chater with a response.
(c) That he will meet Chater after he is done teaching.
(d) That he is unable to meet with Chater that day.
2. Brice accuses Septimus of ___________.
3. Where does Septimus place his letter after he has read it?
(a) In the pages of his copy of The Couch of Eros.
(b) In his pocket.
(c) In Thomasina's trainer.
(d) Underneath the table.
4. Thomasina's discussion of rice pudding proves, in her words, that _______________________.
(a) You cannot create chaos from order.
(b) You cannot separate things permanently.
(c) You can't always get what you want.
(d) You cannot stir things apart.
5. Thomasina does not discover that Septimus was found with Mrs. Chater because_____________________________.
(a) Thomasina believes Septimus is in love with her mother.
(b) The servants tried to cover up for Septimus.
(c) The servants discovered her listening and stopped talking.
(d) Thomasina believes Septimus loves only her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What piece of gossip does Thomasina mention to Septimus?
2. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
3. Septimus claims he will not fight Chater because __________________________.
4. When Thomasina asks Septimus about sexual congress, he _________________________.
5. Where does Chater ask Septimus to join him?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)