|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Croom claims her garden is currently arranged ______________________.
(a) As God intended it.
(b) According to her tastes.
(c) As her husband designed it.
(d) According to the latest fashion.
2. Where does the play take place?
(a) Sidley Park, Derbyshire.
(b) Central Park, New York.
(c) Rosings Park, Derbyshire.
(d) Sydney Park, Australia.
3. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
(a) Lord Byron's.
(b) Ezra Pound's.
(c) Ezra Chater's.
4. Where does Septimus place his letter after he has read it?
(a) In his pocket.
(b) In the pages of his copy of The Couch of Eros.
(c) Underneath the table.
(d) In Thomasina's trainer.
5. What piece of gossip does Thomasina mention to Septimus?
(a) Mrs. Chater was discovered in bed with Mr. Noakes.
(b) Mrs. Chater was discovered in bed with Lord Byron.
(c) Mrs. Chater was found in carnal embrace in the gazebo.
(d) Mrs. Chater was asked to leave Sidley Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Septimus describe Noakes as the serpent in the garden?
2. What is the title of the poem Septimus is reading?
3. Thomasina's discussion of rice pudding proves, in her words, that _______________________.
4. When Septimus mentions death in Arcadia, Thomasina responds ____________________.
5. Thomasina is supposed to be studying
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)