|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
(a) Disrespectful to her elders.
(b) Wealthier than her elders.
(c) Cleverer than her elders
(d) Impolite to her elders.
2. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
(a) Lord Byron's.
(b) Ezra Pound's.
(d) Ezra Chater's.
3. Who seems particularly offended by Septimus' dalliance with Mrs. Chater?
(b) Lord Croom.
4. Why does Septimus describe Noakes as the serpent in the garden?
(a) Because Noakes discovered Mrs. Chater with Byron, but accused Septimus instead.
(b) Because Noakes discovered Septimus' tryst and told others about it.
(c) Because Noakes tried to lead Septimus into temptation.
(d) Because Noakes is dishonest.
5. Thomasina's discussion of rice pudding proves, in her words, that _______________________.
(a) You can't always get what you want.
(b) You cannot stir things apart.
(c) You cannot separate things permanently.
(d) You cannot create chaos from order.
Short Answer Questions
1. Septimus describes carnal embrace as _______________________.
2. Where does the play take place?
3. What piece of gossip does Thomasina mention to Septimus?
4. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
5. What sound interrupts Lady Croom's conversation?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)