|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the poem Septimus is reading?
(a) The Origin of Species.
(b) The Raven.
(c) The Couch of Eros.
(d) The Hound of the Baskervilles.
2. Who enters the scene uninvited?
3. Thomasina is supposed to be studying
(a) Romantic Poetry.
4. Lady Croom claims her garden is currently arranged ______________________.
(a) As God intended it.
(b) According to the latest fashion.
(c) As her husband designed it.
(d) According to her tastes.
5. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
(a) The Baptist in the wilderness.
(b) The man in the moon.
(c) The babe in the woods.
(d) The ghost in the machine.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the play begin?
2. According to Lady Croom, who has shot a pigeon?
3. What philosophical concepts do Septimus and Thomasina discuss in the scene?
4. Who is Mr. Noakes?
5. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)