Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hannah continues to question Bernard's theory about Byron because ___________________.
(a) He has questioned her research.
(b) He will not concede any of her points.
(c) He has no proof.
(d) He is a sexist.
2. Who is Lady Croom in love with, according to Thomasina?
(a) Lord Byron.
(b) Mr. Noakes.
(c) Mr. Chater.
3. According to Lady Croom, who has shot a pigeon?
(a) Lord Croom.
(b) Septimus' school friend.
(d) Mr. Noakes.
4. How does Bernard first mislead Hannah?
(a) He lies about his name.
(b) He lies about his relationship with Chloe.
(c) He lies about his work on Byron.
(d) He lies about his job.
5. Why does Hannah encourage Valentine to continue working on his own equations?
(a) The struggle to know is what makes us matter
(b) The benefits of his discovery will save lives and improve society
(c) The completion of his work will validate Thomasina's genius
(d) She believes he will find validation in the afterlife
Short Answer Questions
1. What objectionable article does Mrs. Chater wear?
2. Why does Septimus describe Noakes as the serpent in the garden?
3. Septimus admits to ______________________.
4. Thomasina is also upset over _________________________.
5. Bernard calls Hannah's first book _________________.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)