|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the game books kept?
(a) In the closet.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the pantry.
(d) In the commode.
2. Which character enters and exits without speaking?
3. Brice claims that as a tutor, Septimus must __________________________.
(a) Inform Thomasina thoroughly in every matter.
(b) Guard Thomasina from gossip.
(c) Keep Thomasina in ignorance of certain matters.
(d) Ignore Thomasina's requests for information.
4. Thomasina delivers a letter from ________________.
(a) Mr. Chater.
(b) Mrs. Chater.
(c) Mr. Noakes.
(d) Lady Croom.
5. Why does Brice bring Chater to the West Indies?
(a) So he can avoid a duel with Chater.
(b) So he can avoid a duel with Septimus.
(c) So he can be sure Chater is killed.
(d) So he can have an affair with Mrs. Chater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Septimus bring home for Thomasina?
2. Why does Thomasina turn to Septimus for answers about sex?
3. What philosophical concepts do Septimus and Thomasina discuss in the scene?
4. What does Gus bring Hannah?
5. What has Valentine's mother loaned Bernard?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)