|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bernard think Byron engaged in a duel at Sidley Park?
(a) He has discovered Byron's journal from the days he spent at Sidley Park.
(b) He has discovered that Byron later married Mrs. Chater.
(c) He has discovered that Byron left England in a hurry.
(d) He has discovered Septimus' letters in The Couch of Eros.
2. Lady Croom claims her garden is currently arranged ______________________.
(a) As God intended it.
(b) According to her tastes.
(c) According to the latest fashion.
(d) As her husband designed it.
3. When Thomasina asks Septimus about sexual congress, he _________________________.
(a) Attempts to leave the room.
(b) Attempts to change the subject.
(c) Attempts to offer a detailed explanation.
(d) Attempts to seduce her.
4. Who enters the scene uninvited?
5. Who suggests Lady Croom's translation of Et in Arcadia Ego is incorrect?
Short Answer Questions
1. What book is Byron mentioned as the author of?
2. What piece of gossip does Thomasina mention to Septimus?
3. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
4. According to Lady Croom, who has shot a pigeon?
5. Septimus calls attention to ______________________.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)