Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seems particularly offended by Septimus' dalliance with Mrs. Chater?
(c) Lord Croom.
2. Thomasina does not discover that Septimus was found with Mrs. Chater because_____________________________.
(a) Thomasina believes Septimus loves only her.
(b) Thomasina believes Septimus is in love with her mother.
(c) The servants discovered her listening and stopped talking.
(d) The servants tried to cover up for Septimus.
3. Septimus describes carnal embrace as _______________________.
(a) Throwing one's arms around a side of beef.
(b) Throwing one's arms around an animal.
(c) Throwing one's arms around a lover.
(d) Throwing one's arms around a cow.
4. Why does Thomasina turn to Septimus for answers about sex?
(a) Septimus is her brother.
(b) Septimus is honorable and chaste.
(c) Septimus is her tutor.
(d) Septimus never tries to deceive anyone.
5. Septimus' reply to the letter is _____________________________.
(a) That he will not dignify Chater with a response.
(b) That he is unable to meet with Chater that day.
(c) That he needs time to consider Chater's challenge.
(d) That he will meet Chater after he is done teaching.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
2. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
3. What piece of gossip does Thomasina mention to Septimus?
4. What sound interrupts Lady Croom's conversation?
5. Chater accuses Septimus of __________________-.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)