|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brice accuses Septimus of ___________.
2. How does Hannah reconcile the tension between science and religion?
(a) Science measures what is quantifiable, while religion explains what is qualitative
(b) Science is God's method of ordering the universe
(c) Science is valuable as an earthly struggle; religion a cheat
(d) Science is the countenance of God's creation
3. Lady Croom invites Septimus to ____________________.
(a) Join her for dinner later.
(b) Join her in the gazebo later.
(c) Join her in her sitting room later.
(d) Join her for a bath later.
4. How does Thomasina's mathematical process differ from Valentine's?
(a) Thomasina uses calculus; Valentine uses algebra
(b) Thomasina is interested in art; Valentine is interested in science
(c) Thomasina's math is emotional; Valentine's math is analytical
(d) Thomasina begins with the equation; Valentine begins with data
5. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
(a) The babe in the woods.
(b) The Baptist in the wilderness.
(c) The man in the moon.
(d) The ghost in the machine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Noakes?
2. Why is Hannah skeptical of Bernard's conclusion regarding Byron's duel with Chater?
3. Who is Lady Croom in love with, according to Thomasina?
4. What does Septimus do with the letters at the end of the scene?
5. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)