|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Septimus claims he will not fight Chater because __________________________.
(a) He will not shoot a first rank poet.
(b) He will not shoot a man whose wife has cuckolded him.
(c) He will not shoot a religious man.
(d) He will not shoot a guest of Lady Croom's.
2. Why does Hannah suggest an afterlife would be a mixed blessing for Bernard?
(a) He would have to face Lord Byron.
(b) He would have to face Septimus.
(c) He would have to apologize to Chater.
(d) He would have to apologize to Lady Croom.
3. Why is Hannah skeptical of Bernard's conclusion regarding Byron's duel with Chater?
(a) Chater died from a monkey bite
(b) Byron was lame and could not shoot
(c) Bernard has only proved that a duel was fought.
(d) He has not established that Byron was even there
4. Bernard calls Hannah's first book _________________.
(a) A novelette.
(b) A romance novel.
(c) A work of fiction.
(d) A work of historical value.
5. Thomasina is supposed to be studying
(b) Romantic Poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Croom wants Septimus to _______________________.
2. What does Septimus agree to at the end of the scene?
3. What is unusual about the staging in this scene?
4. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard should hide his car?
5. Why do Valentine, Bernard, Hannah, and Chloe leave during the scene?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)