|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound recurs in this scene?
(b) A radio.
(c) Violin music.
(d) Gun shots.
2. According to Hannah, how is the study of history like science?
(a) Both seek to create universal laws
(b) Both rely on rigorous experimentation
(c) Both believe things can't be proved true, only not to be false yet
(d) Both have no room for romantic feelings
3. What is remarkable about Thomasina's math equations?
(a) The solutions disprove Newton's theories
(b) The data is pulled from piano music
(c) The equations are riddled with errors
(d) The technique she uses is only about 20-years-old
4. Brice accuses Septimus of ___________.
5. Chloe believes the deterministic universe cannot work because _____________________.
(a) History gets in the way.
(b) Math will not allow it.
(c) Sex gets in the way.
(d) Egos get in the way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernard say Hannah is lacking?
2. Bernard calls Hannah's first book _________________.
3. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard did not receive a reply to his letter from Lord Croom?
4. What assignment does Septimus give Thomasina?
5. According to Lady Croom, who is in love with Mrs. Chater?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)