|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brice bring Chater to the West Indies?
(a) So he can have an affair with Mrs. Chater.
(b) So he can avoid a duel with Chater.
(c) So he can avoid a duel with Septimus.
(d) So he can be sure Chater is killed.
2. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
(a) Ezra Chater's.
(b) Ezra Pound's.
(d) Lord Byron's.
3. Why does Brice want Septimus to accept Chater's challenge?
(a) He is in love with Thomasina and wants Septimus dead.
(b) He is upset over Septimus' affair with Mrs. Brice.
(c) He is upset over Septimus' affair with Lady Croom.
(d) He is in love with Mrs. Chater himself.
4. Where is the proof that Byron was at Sidley Park in 1809?
(a) The proof is in a game book that records him shooting a hare.
(b) the prrof is in Lady Croom's journal.
(c) The proof is in Bernard's book on Byron.
(d) The proof is in the letter Hannah finds.
5. How does Bernard first mislead Hannah?
(a) He lies about his job.
(b) He lies about his work on Byron.
(c) He lies about his relationship with Chloe.
(d) He lies about his name.
Short Answer Questions
1. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
2. Thomasina believes she has made a discovery in ______________.
3. Bernard's dialogue reveals _____________________-.
4. What has Valentine's mother loaned Bernard?
5. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)