|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mathematical advantage does Valentine have over Thomasina?
(a) He is more skilled at mathematics
(b) He is measuring something phyisical rather than emotional
(c) His equations are accurate
(d) He can use a computer to compute his equations
2. What does Hannah insist she will find at the end of the scene?
(a) Proof for her theory that the hermit never existed.
(b) Proof for her theory that Septimus was the hermit.
(c) Proof for her theory that Thomasina was a genius.
(d) Proof for her theory that Bernard was wrong.
3. What book is Byron mentioned as the author of?
(a) Lyrical Ballads
(b) The Couch of Eros
(c) English Bards and Scottish reviewers
(d) Poetical Verses
4. Hannah does not want to be called ______________.
5. Why does Septimus describe Noakes as the serpent in the garden?
(a) Because Noakes tried to lead Septimus into temptation.
(b) Because Noakes is dishonest.
(c) Because Noakes discovered Septimus' tryst and told others about it.
(d) Because Noakes discovered Mrs. Chater with Byron, but accused Septimus instead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thomasina believes she has made a discovery in ______________.
2. Who is Mr. Noakes?
3. Brice claims that as a tutor, Septimus must __________________________.
4. What is unusual about the staging in this scene?
5. According to Lady Croom, who has shot a pigeon?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)