|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Valentine believes ___________________________________________.
(a) That personalities are trivial, and only science matters.
(b) That history is trivial, and only math matters.
(c) That math is trivial, and only science matters.
(d) That science is trivial, and only personalities matter.
2. What sound recurs in this scene?
(a) Gun shots.
(b) A radio.
(d) Violin music.
3. Who suggests Lady Croom's translation of Et in Arcadia Ego is incorrect?
4. Why is it significant that the covers to the letters from Mrs. Chater have not survived?
(a) The covers would have born Septimus' name, not Byron's.
(b) The covers would have revealed the actual dates.
(c) The covers would have revealed the author of the letters.
(d) The covers would have revealed that Byron read them.
5. Lady Croom claims her garden is currently arranged ______________________.
(a) According to the latest fashion.
(b) As God intended it.
(c) As her husband designed it.
(d) According to her tastes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernard say Hannah is lacking?
2. Lady Croom believes she must marry Thomasina off before _______________________.
3. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
4. Brice claims that as a tutor, Septimus must __________________________.
5. Septimus apologizes for ______________________________.
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)