|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hannah slap Bernard?
(a) He insults her research.
(b) He insults Chloe.
(c) She misunderstands a statement he makes.
(d) He proposes she leave with him.
2. What is Valentine working on at the beginning of this scene?
(a) Planning his proposal to Hannah
(b) Looking through the game book for information on Grouses
(c) Pushing Thomasina's equations through his computer
(d) Writing a letter to the editor protesting Bernard's findings
3. What sounds end the scene?
(a) A gun shot and crows crying.
(b) Violin music and crows crying.
(c) A gun shot and piano music.
(d) Piano music and the steam engine.
4. Bernard states that the drama of life at Sidley Park was about __________________-.
(a) Sex and literature.
(b) Philosophy and poetry.
(c) Sex and history.
(d) Literature and philosophy.
5. At the start of the scene, Bernard is _____________________.
(a) Reading Byron's journal.
(b) Reading Hannah's manuscript.
(c) Reading Lady Croom's letters.
(d) Reading his manuscript.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chater realizes that Byron intends ____________________.
2. What book is Byron mentioned as the author of?
3. How are the modern characters dressed differently in this scene?
4. For what reason has Hannah enlisted Valentine in this scene?
5. Septimus claims he will not fight Chater because __________________________.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)