|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is onstage when the scene begins?
(a) Lady Croom.
2. Valentine believes ___________________________________________.
(a) That personalities are trivial, and only science matters.
(b) That science is trivial, and only personalities matter.
(c) That math is trivial, and only science matters.
(d) That history is trivial, and only math matters.
3. What philosophical concepts do Septimus and Thomasina discuss in the scene?
(a) Asthetic freedom versus asthetic limitations.
(b) Free will and determination.
(c) Relativity and absolute truth.
(d) Ignorance and knowledge.
4. When Thomasina asks Septimus about sexual congress, he _________________________.
(a) Attempts to change the subject.
(b) Attempts to seduce her.
(c) Attempts to leave the room.
(d) Attempts to offer a detailed explanation.
5. What is unusual about the staging in this scene?
(a) The modern characters are interacting with the period characters.
(b) The modern characters do not speak.
(c) The period characters are wearing modern clothing.
(d) The modern and period characters appear simultaneously.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
2. What does Hannah insist she will find at the end of the scene?
3. Why is Lady Croom upset with Byron?
4. Lady Croom invites Septimus to ____________________.
5. What philosophical dilemma is Chloe quizzing Valentine about at the beginning of the scene?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)