|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hannah's letter prove?
(a) It proves that Brice wanted to kill Byron.
(b) It proves that Chater was dead by 1810.
(c) It proves that Byron was dead by 1810.
(d) It proves that Byron duelled with Chater in 1809.
2. Why does Hannah encourage Valentine to continue working on his own equations?
(a) The struggle to know is what makes us matter
(b) She believes he will find validation in the afterlife
(c) The benefits of his discovery will save lives and improve society
(d) The completion of his work will validate Thomasina's genius
3. Why is it significant that the covers to the letters from Mrs. Chater have not survived?
(a) The covers would have revealed the author of the letters.
(b) The covers would have revealed the actual dates.
(c) The covers would have revealed that Byron read them.
(d) The covers would have born Septimus' name, not Byron's.
4. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard did not receive a reply to his letter from Lord Croom?
(a) It was illegible.
(b) It was typewritten, and Lord Croom thought it was a manuscript.
(c) It was typewritten, and Lord Croom did not read those letters.
(d) It was typewritten, and Lord Croom thought it was a bill.
5. Bernard calls Hannah's first book _________________.
(a) A work of historical value.
(b) A work of fiction.
(c) A novelette.
(d) A romance novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hannah demand of Bernard that prompts him to call her a silly bitch?
2. Why will Bernard return to Sidley Park?
3. What is Hannah reading at the beginning of the scene?
4. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
5. Why does Septimus burn Lord Byron's letter?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)