|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
(a) Man's free will or self-determination.
(b) Man's inherent evil nature.
(c) The theory of relativity.
(d) Manifest destiny.
2. For what reason has Hannah enlisted Valentine in this scene?
(a) To translate a particularly difficult passage of Latin
(b) To access a Croom family heirloom
(c) To help disprove Bernard's Byron theory
(d) To explain Thomasina's math equations
3. Why does Septimus describe Noakes as the serpent in the garden?
(a) Because Noakes discovered Mrs. Chater with Byron, but accused Septimus instead.
(b) Because Noakes is dishonest.
(c) Because Noakes tried to lead Septimus into temptation.
(d) Because Noakes discovered Septimus' tryst and told others about it.
4. Bernard states that the drama of life at Sidley Park was about __________________-.
(a) Sex and literature.
(b) Sex and history.
(c) Philosophy and poetry.
(d) Literature and philosophy.
5. Thomasina delivers a letter from ________________.
(a) Mr. Chater.
(b) Mr. Noakes.
(c) Mrs. Chater.
(d) Lady Croom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
2. Why does Hannah encourage Valentine to continue working on his own equations?
3. What does Septimus bring home for Thomasina?
4. Who arrives after Hannah exits?
5. What does Bernard say Hannah is lacking?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)