|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomasina is supposed to be studying
(a) Romantic Poetry.
2. Where does Hannah find proof that Bernard's theory is incorrect?
(a) In Noakes' garden sketches.
(b) In Lady Croom's letter from Septimus.
(c) In Lady Croom's garden book.
(d) In Thomasina's portfolio.
3. At what time has Septimus agreed to duel Chater?
(b) Five o'clock
4. What does Septimus agree to at the end of the scene?
(a) Marrying Mrs. Chater when she becomes a widow.
(b) A second duel with Chater.
(c) Taking on another pupil.
(d) A second affair with Mrs. Croom.
5. Hannah leaves because ____________________________.
(a) She had found proof that Septimus was the hermit.
(b) She has found proof of Lady Croom's affair with Byron.
(c) She has found proof to support Bernard's claim.
(d) She has found proof to refute Bernard's claim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one word Valentine repeats in her first two entrances?
2. When Thomasina asks Septimus about sexual congress, he _________________________.
3. What is unusual about the staging in this scene?
4. Why does Septimus claim he had an affair with Mrs. Chater?
5. Why will Bernard return to Sidley Park?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)