|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Septimus agree to at the end of the scene?
(a) Taking on another pupil.
(b) A second affair with Mrs. Croom.
(c) A second duel with Chater.
(d) Marrying Mrs. Chater when she becomes a widow.
2. What has Valentine's mother loaned Bernard?
(a) Her car
(b) Her first edition of The Couch of Eros
(c) Her notes on gardening
(d) Her bicycle
3. Why does Hannah slap Bernard?
(a) He proposes she leave with him.
(b) She misunderstands a statement he makes.
(c) He insults Chloe.
(d) He insults her research.
4. Bernard states that the drama of life at Sidley Park was about __________________-.
(a) Sex and literature.
(b) Sex and history.
(c) Philosophy and poetry.
(d) Literature and philosophy.
5. What sound occurs in this part of the scene?
(a) A dog barking.
(b) A dog howling.
(c) A steam engine.
(d) A train's whistle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Valentine studying using his mathematical process?
2. Septimus describes carnal embrace as _______________________.
3. What sound effect is heard constantly throughout this scene?
4. Bernard invites Hannah to London for ________.
5. How has Lady Croom punished her brother for choosing his acquaintances unwisely?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)