|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives after Hannah exits?
(a) Bernard and Gus.
(b) Valentine and Gus.
(c) Chloe and Bernard.
(d) Chloe and Valentine.
2. What piece of gossip does Thomasina mention to Septimus?
(a) Mrs. Chater was found in carnal embrace in the gazebo.
(b) Mrs. Chater was asked to leave Sidley Park.
(c) Mrs. Chater was discovered in bed with Lord Byron.
(d) Mrs. Chater was discovered in bed with Mr. Noakes.
3. Bernard invites Hannah to London for ________.
(a) His lecture.
(b) A book tour.
(c) More research.
4. What scientific constant fascinates Valentine?
(a) That math is reversable, but death is not
(b) That the universe moves from hot to cold, but not the other way around
(c) That there is no mathematical equation for love
(d) That all life-- from grouse to human-- is unpredictable
5. What is the title of the poem Septimus is reading?
(a) The Origin of Species.
(b) The Couch of Eros.
(c) The Hound of the Baskervilles.
(d) The Raven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chater ask Septimus to join him?
2. What does Bernard offer to do for Valentine?
3. For what reason has Hannah enlisted Valentine in this scene?
4. Why does Septimus describe Noakes as the serpent in the garden?
5. What does Septimus do with the letters at the end of the scene?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)