|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lady Croom upset with Septimus?
(a) Because he has written her a love letter in the event of his death.
(b) Because he has written Thomasina a love letter in the event of his death.
(c) Because he has written a bad review of Chater's poem.
(d) Because he has written a bad review of Byron's poem.
2. According to Chole, what is the flaw in the theory of the deterministic universe?
(a) It ignores God's role in designing free will
(b) Sexual attraction breaks down the order
(c) The universe gradually moves from order to chaos
(d) Thomasina's math equations are wrong
3. When Thomasina asks Septimus about sexual congress, he _________________________.
(a) Attempts to leave the room.
(b) Attempts to offer a detailed explanation.
(c) Attempts to seduce her.
(d) Attempts to change the subject.
4. Who has gone by morning?
(a) Brice, the Chaters, and Byron.
(b) Only Byron.
(c) Only the Chaters.
(d) Brice and the Chaters.
5. Bernard's dialogue reveals _____________________-.
(a) That Byron left England in a hurry.
(b) That Byron left the States in a hurry.
(c) That Byron fought Chater in a duel.
(d) That Byron was never at Sidley Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hannah skeptical of Bernard's conclusion regarding Byron's duel with Chater?
2. Septimus admits to ______________________.
3. Who arrives after Hannah exits?
4. Lady Croom invites Septimus to ____________________.
5. What has Valentine's mother loaned Bernard?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)