|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hannah at Sidley Park?
(a) She is writing a history of Byron's duels.
(b) She is writing a history of Lord Croom.
(c) She is writing a history of the garden.
(d) She is writing a history of Noakes.
2. Thomasina is supposed to be studying
(b) Romantic Poetry.
3. What sound interrupts Lady Croom's conversation?
(a) A gun shot.
(b) A scream.
(c) The steam engine.
(d) Piano music.
4. Why does Septimus describe Noakes as the serpent in the garden?
(a) Because Noakes tried to lead Septimus into temptation.
(b) Because Noakes is dishonest.
(c) Because Noakes discovered Septimus' tryst and told others about it.
(d) Because Noakes discovered Mrs. Chater with Byron, but accused Septimus instead.
5. Who suggests Lady Croom's translation of Et in Arcadia Ego is incorrect?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the play begin?
2. What is the name of Valentine's turtle?
3. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
4. Jellaby arrives to ________________________.
5. Thomasina does not discover that Septimus was found with Mrs. Chater because_____________________________.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)