|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Septimus describe Noakes as the serpent in the garden?
(a) Because Noakes discovered Mrs. Chater with Byron, but accused Septimus instead.
(b) Because Noakes is dishonest.
(c) Because Noakes discovered Septimus' tryst and told others about it.
(d) Because Noakes tried to lead Septimus into temptation.
2. Thomasina is supposed to be studying
(c) Romantic Poetry.
3. Why is Hannah at Sidley Park?
(a) She is writing a history of Lord Croom.
(b) She is writing a history of Byron's duels.
(c) She is writing a history of the garden.
(d) She is writing a history of Noakes.
4. Why does Thomasina turn to Septimus for answers about sex?
(a) Septimus never tries to deceive anyone.
(b) Septimus is her tutor.
(c) Septimus is her brother.
(d) Septimus is honorable and chaste.
5. Brice claims that as a tutor, Septimus must __________________________.
(a) Keep Thomasina in ignorance of certain matters.
(b) Inform Thomasina thoroughly in every matter.
(c) Guard Thomasina from gossip.
(d) Ignore Thomasina's requests for information.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chater ask Septimus to join him?
2. In what year does the play begin?
3. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
4. What event is going to occur at Sidley Park?
5. Thomasina delivers a letter from ________________.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)