|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
(a) Disrespectful to her elders.
(b) Cleverer than her elders
(c) Impolite to her elders.
(d) Wealthier than her elders.
2. Why does Thomasina turn to Septimus for answers about sex?
(a) Septimus is her brother.
(b) Septimus is honorable and chaste.
(c) Septimus never tries to deceive anyone.
(d) Septimus is her tutor.
3. Who arrives after Hannah exits?
(a) Chloe and Valentine.
(b) Valentine and Gus.
(c) Chloe and Bernard.
(d) Bernard and Gus.
4. Who seems particularly offended by Septimus' dalliance with Mrs. Chater?
(b) Lord Croom.
5. Why is Hannah at Sidley Park?
(a) She is writing a history of Lord Croom.
(b) She is writing a history of the garden.
(c) She is writing a history of Noakes.
(d) She is writing a history of Byron's duels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Valentine's turtle?
2. Where does Septimus place his letter after he has read it?
3. Thomasina does not discover that Septimus was found with Mrs. Chater because_____________________________.
4. When Thomasina asks Septimus about sexual congress, he _________________________.
5. Who is onstage when the scene begins?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)