|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Croom believes Thomasina has _______________________.
(a) Changed since the day before.
(b) Grown more refined since the day befoe.
(c) Disguised herself.
(d) Grown taller since the day before.
2. Lady Croom claims her garden is currently arranged ______________________.
(a) According to the latest fashion.
(b) As God intended it.
(c) As her husband designed it.
(d) According to her tastes.
3. Why does Septimus describe Noakes as the serpent in the garden?
(a) Because Noakes discovered Mrs. Chater with Byron, but accused Septimus instead.
(b) Because Noakes discovered Septimus' tryst and told others about it.
(c) Because Noakes tried to lead Septimus into temptation.
(d) Because Noakes is dishonest.
4. What does Gus bring Hannah?
(a) An apple.
(b) A theodolite.
(c) A turtle.
(d) A book.
5. When he learns he might find information about Byron, Bernard makes arrangements to _______________.
(a) Begin writing a book.
(b) Stay in town.
(c) Hide his car from Lord Croom.
(d) Stay at Sidley Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
2. What sound recurs in this scene?
3. What is the one word Valentine repeats in her first two entrances?
4. When Septimus mentions death in Arcadia, Thomasina responds ____________________.
5. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)