|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Septimus claims he will not fight Chater because __________________________.
(a) He will not shoot a man whose wife has cuckolded him.
(b) He will not shoot a first rank poet.
(c) He will not shoot a religious man.
(d) He will not shoot a guest of Lady Croom's.
2. Which character enters and exits without speaking?
3. Who is onstage when the scene begins?
(d) Lady Croom.
4. Brice accuses Septimus of ___________.
5. When he learns he might find information about Byron, Bernard makes arrangements to _______________.
(a) Hide his car from Lord Croom.
(b) Stay at Sidley Park.
(c) Stay in town.
(d) Begin writing a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What piece of gossip does Thomasina mention to Septimus?
2. When Thomasina asks Septimus about sexual congress, he _________________________.
3. What sound interrupts Lady Croom's conversation?
4. Where does Chater ask Septimus to join him?
5. Lady Croom claims her garden is currently arranged ______________________.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)