|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What piece of gossip does Thomasina mention to Septimus?
(a) Mrs. Chater was asked to leave Sidley Park.
(b) Mrs. Chater was discovered in bed with Lord Byron.
(c) Mrs. Chater was discovered in bed with Mr. Noakes.
(d) Mrs. Chater was found in carnal embrace in the gazebo.
2. When he learns he might find information about Byron, Bernard makes arrangements to _______________.
(a) Begin writing a book.
(b) Hide his car from Lord Croom.
(c) Stay at Sidley Park.
(d) Stay in town.
3. Thomasina is supposed to be studying
(d) Romantic Poetry.
4. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
(a) Man's inherent evil nature.
(b) The theory of relativity.
(c) Man's free will or self-determination.
(d) Manifest destiny.
5. What event is going to occur at Sidley Park?
(a) A dance for the district.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) An auction.
(d) A charity benefit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thomasina's discussion of rice pudding proves, in her words, that _______________________.
2. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
3. Septimus describes carnal embrace as _______________________.
4. According to Lady Croom, who has shot a pigeon?
5. Septimus' reply to the letter is _____________________________.
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)