|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Septimus admits to ______________________.
(a) Running away with Chater's wife.
(b) Making love to Chater's wife.
(c) Ignoring Chater's wife.
(d) Slandering Chater's wife.
2. What is the one word Valentine repeats in her first two entrances?
3. According to Lady Croom, who has shot a pigeon?
(a) Septimus' school friend.
(c) Lord Croom.
(d) Mr. Noakes.
4. Who arrives after Hannah exits?
(a) Chloe and Bernard.
(b) Chloe and Valentine.
(c) Valentine and Gus.
(d) Bernard and Gus.
5. Thomasina's discussion of rice pudding proves, in her words, that _______________________.
(a) You cannot create chaos from order.
(b) You cannot separate things permanently.
(c) You cannot stir things apart.
(d) You can't always get what you want.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he learns he might find information about Byron, Bernard makes arrangements to _______________.
2. What philosophical concepts do Septimus and Thomasina discuss in the scene?
3. What sound interrupts Lady Croom's conversation?
4. When Septimus mentions death in Arcadia, Thomasina responds ____________________.
5. What false last name does Chloe give Bernard?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)