|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Septimus mentions death in Arcadia, Thomasina responds ____________________.
(a) Phooey to Death!
(b) Death cannot stop true love!
(c) Death be damned!
(d) Death is inevitable.
2. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
(a) Her preference in her studies.
(b) Her middle name.
(c) Her cooperation.
(d) Her age.
3. Why does Septimus describe Noakes as the serpent in the garden?
(a) Because Noakes discovered Septimus' tryst and told others about it.
(b) Because Noakes discovered Mrs. Chater with Byron, but accused Septimus instead.
(c) Because Noakes tried to lead Septimus into temptation.
(d) Because Noakes is dishonest.
4. Why does Thomasina turn to Septimus for answers about sex?
(a) Septimus never tries to deceive anyone.
(b) Septimus is her brother.
(c) Septimus is her tutor.
(d) Septimus is honorable and chaste.
5. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
(a) Man's inherent evil nature.
(b) Man's free will or self-determination.
(c) Manifest destiny.
(d) The theory of relativity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Noakes?
2. Brice accuses Septimus of ___________.
3. Who arrives after Hannah exits?
4. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
5. What is the one word Valentine repeats in her first two entrances?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)