|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hannah at Sidley Park?
(a) She is writing a history of Byron's duels.
(b) She is writing a history of Noakes.
(c) She is writing a history of Lord Croom.
(d) She is writing a history of the garden.
2. Why does Thomasina turn to Septimus for answers about sex?
(a) Septimus is her brother.
(b) Septimus never tries to deceive anyone.
(c) Septimus is honorable and chaste.
(d) Septimus is her tutor.
3. Brice claims that as a tutor, Septimus must __________________________.
(a) Inform Thomasina thoroughly in every matter.
(b) Ignore Thomasina's requests for information.
(c) Keep Thomasina in ignorance of certain matters.
(d) Guard Thomasina from gossip.
4. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
(a) The theory of relativity.
(b) Manifest destiny.
(c) Man's free will or self-determination.
(d) Man's inherent evil nature.
5. Who enters the scene uninvited?
Short Answer Questions
1. Septimus' reply to the letter is _____________________________.
2. Brice accuses Septimus of ___________.
3. Why does Septimus describe Noakes as the serpent in the garden?
4. What false last name does Chloe give Bernard?
5. Thomasina is supposed to be studying
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)