|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Septimus describes carnal embrace as _______________________.
(a) Throwing one's arms around an animal.
(b) Throwing one's arms around a lover.
(c) Throwing one's arms around a side of beef.
(d) Throwing one's arms around a cow.
2. When he learns he might find information about Byron, Bernard makes arrangements to _______________.
(a) Begin writing a book.
(b) Stay in town.
(c) Hide his car from Lord Croom.
(d) Stay at Sidley Park.
3. Brice claims that as a tutor, Septimus must __________________________.
(a) Ignore Thomasina's requests for information.
(b) Guard Thomasina from gossip.
(c) Inform Thomasina thoroughly in every matter.
(d) Keep Thomasina in ignorance of certain matters.
4. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
(a) Wealthier than her elders.
(b) Impolite to her elders.
(c) Cleverer than her elders
(d) Disrespectful to her elders.
5. What false last name does Chloe give Bernard?
Short Answer Questions
1. Septimus claims he will not fight Chater because __________________________.
2. What is the name of Valentine's turtle?
3. What does Gus bring Hannah?
4. Septimus' reply to the letter is _____________________________.
5. What sound recurs in this scene?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)