|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Valentine's turtle?
2. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
(a) The ghost in the machine.
(b) The Baptist in the wilderness.
(c) The babe in the woods.
(d) The man in the moon.
3. What sound interrupts Lady Croom's conversation?
(a) The steam engine.
(b) A scream.
(c) Piano music.
(d) A gun shot.
4. What is the one word Valentine repeats in her first two entrances?
5. According to Lady Croom, who has shot a pigeon?
(b) Lord Croom.
(c) Mr. Noakes.
(d) Septimus' school friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Thomasina asks Septimus about sexual congress, he _________________________.
2. Thomasina is supposed to be studying
3. Who suggests Lady Croom's translation of Et in Arcadia Ego is incorrect?
4. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
5. What sound recurs in this scene?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)