|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard should hide his car?
(a) Lord Croom would not allow guests who did not ride bicycles.
(b) Lord Croom would not allow guests who did not drive carriages.
(c) Lord Croom would not allow guests who drove foreign cars.
(d) Lord Croom would not allow guests with Japanese cars.
2. When Thomasina asks Septimus about sexual congress, he _________________________.
(a) Attempts to change the subject.
(b) Attempts to leave the room.
(c) Attempts to seduce her.
(d) Attempts to offer a detailed explanation.
3. How does Bernard first mislead Hannah?
(a) He lies about his work on Byron.
(b) He lies about his relationship with Chloe.
(c) He lies about his name.
(d) He lies about his job.
4. Lady Croom believes Thomasina has _______________________.
(a) Grown more refined since the day befoe.
(b) Grown taller since the day before.
(c) Disguised herself.
(d) Changed since the day before.
5. According to Lady Croom, who has shot a pigeon?
(a) Septimus' school friend.
(b) Mr. Noakes.
(c) Lord Croom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives after Hannah exits?
2. Who is Mr. Noakes?
3. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
4. What is the title of the poem Septimus is reading?
5. Why is Hannah at Sidley Park?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)