|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
(a) Cleverer than her elders
(b) Wealthier than her elders.
(c) Impolite to her elders.
(d) Disrespectful to her elders.
2. Septimus' reply to the letter is _____________________________.
(a) That he will not dignify Chater with a response.
(b) That he will meet Chater after he is done teaching.
(c) That he needs time to consider Chater's challenge.
(d) That he is unable to meet with Chater that day.
3. Lady Croom claims her garden is currently arranged ______________________.
(a) According to her tastes.
(b) As her husband designed it.
(c) According to the latest fashion.
(d) As God intended it.
4. What false last name does Chloe give Bernard?
5. What philosophical concepts do Septimus and Thomasina discuss in the scene?
(a) Free will and determination.
(b) Asthetic freedom versus asthetic limitations.
(c) Ignorance and knowledge.
(d) Relativity and absolute truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bernard first mislead Hannah?
2. In what year does the play begin?
3. Why does Thomasina turn to Septimus for answers about sex?
4. Which character enters and exits without speaking?
5. Lady Croom believes Thomasina has _______________________.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)