|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What philosophical concepts do Septimus and Thomasina discuss in the scene?
(a) Ignorance and knowledge.
(b) Free will and determination.
(c) Relativity and absolute truth.
(d) Asthetic freedom versus asthetic limitations.
2. Who is onstage when the scene begins?
(d) Lady Croom.
3. Septimus describes carnal embrace as _______________________.
(a) Throwing one's arms around a side of beef.
(b) Throwing one's arms around a cow.
(c) Throwing one's arms around a lover.
(d) Throwing one's arms around an animal.
4. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
(a) Impolite to her elders.
(b) Disrespectful to her elders.
(c) Wealthier than her elders.
(d) Cleverer than her elders
5. Thomasina delivers a letter from ________________.
(a) Mrs. Chater.
(b) Lady Croom.
(c) Mr. Chater.
(d) Mr. Noakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he learns he might find information about Byron, Bernard makes arrangements to _______________.
2. Why is Hannah at Sidley Park?
3. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard should hide his car?
4. Hannah reveals that ___________________________-.
5. Thomasina is supposed to be studying
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)