|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Valentine's turtle?
2. Where does Chater ask Septimus to join him?
(a) In the garden.
(b) In the gun room.
(c) In the sun room.
(d) In the hermitage.
3. Lady Croom claims her garden is currently arranged ______________________.
(a) As God intended it.
(b) According to her tastes.
(c) According to the latest fashion.
(d) As her husband designed it.
4. Hannah reveals that ___________________________-.
(a) Septimus and Byron were lovers.
(b) Septimus and Byron duelled at Sidley Park.
(c) Septimus and Byron did not get along.
(d) Septimus and Byron were school mates.
5. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
(a) Impolite to her elders.
(b) Cleverer than her elders
(c) Wealthier than her elders.
(d) Disrespectful to her elders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound interrupts Lady Croom's conversation?
2. Why does Thomasina turn to Septimus for answers about sex?
3. Why does Bernard think Byron engaged in a duel at Sidley Park?
4. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
5. Brice claims that as a tutor, Septimus must __________________________.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)