|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Septimus mentions death in Arcadia, Thomasina responds ____________________.
(a) Death be damned!
(b) Phooey to Death!
(c) Death is inevitable.
(d) Death cannot stop true love!
2. Septimus claims he will not fight Chater because __________________________.
(a) He will not shoot a religious man.
(b) He will not shoot a man whose wife has cuckolded him.
(c) He will not shoot a guest of Lady Croom's.
(d) He will not shoot a first rank poet.
3. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
(a) Her age.
(b) Her cooperation.
(c) Her preference in her studies.
(d) Her middle name.
4. What is the one word Valentine repeats in her first two entrances?
5. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard should hide his car?
(a) Lord Croom would not allow guests who drove foreign cars.
(b) Lord Croom would not allow guests with Japanese cars.
(c) Lord Croom would not allow guests who did not drive carriages.
(d) Lord Croom would not allow guests who did not ride bicycles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brice claims that as a tutor, Septimus must __________________________.
2. Where does Chater ask Septimus to join him?
3. When he learns he might find information about Byron, Bernard makes arrangements to _______________.
4. Septimus' reply to the letter is _____________________________.
5. When Thomasina asks Septimus about sexual congress, he _________________________.
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)