|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Septimus claims he will not fight Chater because __________________________.
(a) He will not shoot a first rank poet.
(b) He will not shoot a religious man.
(c) He will not shoot a man whose wife has cuckolded him.
(d) He will not shoot a guest of Lady Croom's.
2. Where does the play take place?
(a) Central Park, New York.
(b) Rosings Park, Derbyshire.
(c) Sydney Park, Australia.
(d) Sidley Park, Derbyshire.
3. Thomasina's discussion of rice pudding proves, in her words, that _______________________.
(a) You cannot create chaos from order.
(b) You cannot separate things permanently.
(c) You can't always get what you want.
(d) You cannot stir things apart.
4. Septimus' reply to the letter is _____________________________.
(a) That he needs time to consider Chater's challenge.
(b) That he is unable to meet with Chater that day.
(c) That he will not dignify Chater with a response.
(d) That he will meet Chater after he is done teaching.
5. Who arrives after Hannah exits?
(a) Chloe and Valentine.
(b) Chloe and Bernard.
(c) Bernard and Gus.
(d) Valentine and Gus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Noakes?
2. Why is Hannah at Sidley Park?
3. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
4. When Thomasina asks Septimus about sexual congress, he _________________________.
5. Septimus describes carnal embrace as _______________________.
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)