|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Septimus claims he will not fight Chater because __________________________.
(a) He will not shoot a guest of Lady Croom's.
(b) He will not shoot a man whose wife has cuckolded him.
(c) He will not shoot a religious man.
(d) He will not shoot a first rank poet.
2. Who suggests Lady Croom's translation of Et in Arcadia Ego is incorrect?
3. How does Bernard first mislead Hannah?
(a) He lies about his relationship with Chloe.
(b) He lies about his name.
(c) He lies about his work on Byron.
(d) He lies about his job.
4. What philosophical concepts do Septimus and Thomasina discuss in the scene?
(a) Free will and determination.
(b) Asthetic freedom versus asthetic limitations.
(c) Relativity and absolute truth.
(d) Ignorance and knowledge.
5. Who arrives after Hannah exits?
(a) Bernard and Gus.
(b) Chloe and Bernard.
(c) Valentine and Gus.
(d) Chloe and Valentine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chloe claim is true of her brother?
2. What is the one word Valentine repeats in her first two entrances?
3. What is the title of the poem Septimus is reading?
4. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
5. Who enters the scene uninvited?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)