|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard should hide his car?
(a) Lord Croom would not allow guests who did not ride bicycles.
(b) Lord Croom would not allow guests with Japanese cars.
(c) Lord Croom would not allow guests who did not drive carriages.
(d) Lord Croom would not allow guests who drove foreign cars.
2. Why does Bernard think Byron engaged in a duel at Sidley Park?
(a) He has discovered Byron's journal from the days he spent at Sidley Park.
(b) He has discovered Septimus' letters in The Couch of Eros.
(c) He has discovered that Byron left England in a hurry.
(d) He has discovered that Byron later married Mrs. Chater.
3. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
(a) The Baptist in the wilderness.
(b) The babe in the woods.
(c) The man in the moon.
(d) The ghost in the machine.
4. Who is Mr. Noakes?
(a) The tutor.
(b) The butler.
(c) Mrs. Croom's brother.
(d) The landscape architect.
5. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
(a) Her age.
(b) Her preference in her studies.
(c) Her middle name.
(d) Her cooperation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Septimus describes carnal embrace as _______________________.
2. Septimus claims he will not fight Chater because __________________________.
3. Hannah reveals that ___________________________-.
4. Thomasina delivers a letter from ________________.
5. Why is Hannah at Sidley Park?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)