|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What false last name does Chloe give Bernard?
2. Where does the play take place?
(a) Sydney Park, Australia.
(b) Rosings Park, Derbyshire.
(c) Sidley Park, Derbyshire.
(d) Central Park, New York.
3. Thomasina's discussion of rice pudding proves, in her words, that _______________________.
(a) You cannot create chaos from order.
(b) You cannot separate things permanently.
(c) You cannot stir things apart.
(d) You can't always get what you want.
4. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
(a) Her cooperation.
(b) Her middle name.
(c) Her age.
(d) Her preference in her studies.
5. What sound recurs in this scene?
(a) Gun shots.
(b) A radio.
(c) Violin music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Septimus' reply to the letter is _____________________________.
2. Who seems particularly offended by Septimus' dalliance with Mrs. Chater?
3. When Septimus mentions death in Arcadia, Thomasina responds ____________________.
4. Thomasina delivers a letter from ________________.
5. Thomasina does not discover that Septimus was found with Mrs. Chater because_____________________________.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)