|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Septimus bring home for Thomasina?
(a) A dead racoon for racoon pie.
(b) A dead pheasant for pheasant pie.
(c) A dead pigeon for pigeon pie.
(d) A dead rabbit for rabbit pie.
2. What does Brice say of Septimus with regard to their duel?
(a) That Septimus is a formidable shot
(b) That Septimus will find a way to cheat.
(c) That Septimus will enlist Byron's help
(d) That Septimus is all bluster and bladder
3. When Septimus mentions death in Arcadia, Thomasina responds ____________________.
(a) Death cannot stop true love!
(b) Phooey to Death!
(c) Death be damned!
(d) Death is inevitable.
4. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard should hide his car?
(a) Lord Croom would not allow guests who did not ride bicycles.
(b) Lord Croom would not allow guests with Japanese cars.
(c) Lord Croom would not allow guests who did not drive carriages.
(d) Lord Croom would not allow guests who drove foreign cars.
5. Why does Septimus finally agree to duel with Chater?
(a) Brice and Chater challenge him together.
(b) Chater insults Thomasina.
(c) Chater demands Septimus duel or leave Sidley Park.
(d) Lady Croom insists upon it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What scientific constant fascinates Valentine?
2. Septimus compares Thomasina's rice pudding analogy to _____________________________.
3. Brice accuses Septimus of ___________.
4. What sound accompanies the dialogue in parts of the scene?
5. What does Lady Croom ask Jellaby to bring her?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)