|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chloe believes the others won't support Bernard's theory because __________________.
(a) They are angry with him.
(b) They are jealous.
(c) They don't understand him.
(d) They are trying to steal his ideas.
2. Why does Gus run out of the room at the end of the scene?
(a) He is jealous of Chloe's affection for Bernard
(b) He hates people shouting
(c) He is bothered by the pistol shot
(d) He feels Valentine is disrespectful of Byron
3. Who is onstage when the scene begins?
(b) Lady Croom.
4. What is Hannah's gift to Bernard?
(a) A letter from Byron to Mrs. Chater.
(b) The three letters from Septimus' book.
(c) A letter from Lady Croom to her husband.
(d) A letter from Byron to Septimus.
5. Who suggests Lady Croom's translation of Et in Arcadia Ego is incorrect?
Short Answer Questions
1. Chater accuses Septimus of __________________-.
2. Where is the proof that Byron was at Sidley Park in 1809?
3. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard should hide his car?
4. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
5. Hannah continues to question Bernard's theory about Byron because ___________________.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)