|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hannah repeatedly raise her hand during Bernard's reading?
(a) She is objecting to unsupported statements.
(b) She is objecting to his offensive language.
(c) She is trying to prove he is wrong.
(d) She is afraid to interrupt him aloud.
2. For what reason has Hannah enlisted Valentine in this scene?
(a) To help disprove Bernard's Byron theory
(b) To access a Croom family heirloom
(c) To explain Thomasina's math equations
(d) To translate a particularly difficult passage of Latin
3. What does Bernard say Hannah is lacking?
(a) Gut instinct.
(b) Killer instinct.
4. What event is going to occur at Sidley Park?
(a) A charity benefit.
(b) An auction.
(c) A birthday party.
(d) A dance for the district.
5. What does Bernard offer to do for Valentine?
(a) Give him credit for proving Chater was dead in 1810.
(b) Give him credit for proving Byron killed Chater.
(c) Give him credit for editing the Bernard's book.
(d) Give him credit for finding the game book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard did not receive a reply to his letter from Lord Croom?
2. Why will Bernard return to Sidley Park?
3. Hannah continues to question Bernard's theory about Byron because ___________________.
4. Chloe asks Hannah ___________________________.
5. What is Hannah reading at the beginning of the scene?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)