|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomasina delivers a letter from ________________.
(a) Mrs. Chater.
(b) Lady Croom.
(c) Mr. Noakes.
(d) Mr. Chater.
2. How does Bernard first mislead Hannah?
(a) He lies about his work on Byron.
(b) He lies about his job.
(c) He lies about his relationship with Chloe.
(d) He lies about his name.
3. What false last name does Chloe give Bernard?
4. How does Thomasina's mathematical process differ from Valentine's?
(a) Thomasina uses calculus; Valentine uses algebra
(b) Thomasina begins with the equation; Valentine begins with data
(c) Thomasina is interested in art; Valentine is interested in science
(d) Thomasina's math is emotional; Valentine's math is analytical
5. Why is Lady Croom vexed with her husband?
(a) He is determined to duel with Lord Byron.
(b) He has had an affair with Mrs. Chater.
(c) He is determined to duel with Septimus.
(d) He is determined to change the garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time has Septimus agreed to duel Chater?
2. Who is onstage when the scene begins?
3. Bernard states that the drama of life at Sidley Park was about __________________-.
4. What does Septimus receive at the beginning of the scene?
5. Septimus admits to ______________________.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)