|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lady Croom has to ask her daughter for _____________.
(a) Her preference in her studies.
(b) Her age.
(c) Her middle name.
(d) Her cooperation.
2. What is Hannah's gift to Bernard?
(a) A letter from Byron to Mrs. Chater.
(b) The three letters from Septimus' book.
(c) A letter from Byron to Septimus.
(d) A letter from Lady Croom to her husband.
3. What book is Byron mentioned as the author of?
(a) English Bards and Scottish reviewers
(b) Lyrical Ballads
(c) The Couch of Eros
(d) Poetical Verses
4. Where is the proof that Byron was at Sidley Park in 1809?
(a) The proof is in the letter Hannah finds.
(b) the prrof is in Lady Croom's journal.
(c) The proof is in Bernard's book on Byron.
(d) The proof is in a game book that records him shooting a hare.
5. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
(a) Impolite to her elders.
(b) Wealthier than her elders.
(c) Disrespectful to her elders.
(d) Cleverer than her elders
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Septimus receive at the beginning of the scene?
2. Why is Hannah skeptical of Bernard's conclusion regarding Byron's duel with Chater?
3. Why does Brice want Septimus to accept Chater's challenge?
4. Lady Croom wants Septimus to _______________________.
5. What sounds end the scene?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)