|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomasina believe she can plot with mathematical formulas?
(b) Manufactured images.
(d) Shapes in nature.
2. Hannah reveals that ___________________________-.
(a) Septimus and Byron duelled at Sidley Park.
(b) Septimus and Byron did not get along.
(c) Septimus and Byron were school mates.
(d) Septimus and Byron were lovers.
3. Who suggests Lady Croom's translation of Et in Arcadia Ego is incorrect?
4. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard should hide his car?
(a) Lord Croom would not allow guests who drove foreign cars.
(b) Lord Croom would not allow guests who did not drive carriages.
(c) Lord Croom would not allow guests with Japanese cars.
(d) Lord Croom would not allow guests who did not ride bicycles.
5. Brice claims that as a tutor, Septimus must __________________________.
(a) Keep Thomasina in ignorance of certain matters.
(b) Inform Thomasina thoroughly in every matter.
(c) Ignore Thomasina's requests for information.
(d) Guard Thomasina from gossip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hannah's letter prove?
2. What mathematical advantage does Valentine have over Thomasina?
3. Why is Lady Croom vexed with her husband?
4. What does Hannah discover in the book Bernard has given her?
5. Why does Septimus finally agree to duel with Chater?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)