|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hannah slap Bernard?
(a) She misunderstands a statement he makes.
(b) He proposes she leave with him.
(c) He insults Chloe.
(d) He insults her research.
2. When Septimus mentions death in Arcadia, Thomasina responds ____________________.
(a) Death cannot stop true love!
(b) Death be damned!
(c) Phooey to Death!
(d) Death is inevitable.
3. Septimus calls attention to ______________________.
(a) Brice's affair with Mrs. Chater.
(b) Noakes' affair with Mrs. Chater.
(c) Brice's affair with Thomasina.
(d) Noakes' affair with Lady Croom.
4. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
(a) The man in the moon.
(b) The Baptist in the wilderness.
(c) The ghost in the machine.
(d) The babe in the woods.
5. What sound accompanies the dialogue in parts of the scene?
(a) Cello music.
(b) Piano music.
(c) Guitar music.
(d) Violin music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the proof that Byron was at Sidley Park in 1809?
2. Who arrives after Hannah exits?
3. Lady Croom claims her garden is currently arranged ______________________.
4. Hannah reveals that ___________________________-.
5. Thomasina is also upset over _________________________.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)