|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bernard think Byron engaged in a duel at Sidley Park?
(a) He has discovered Septimus' letters in The Couch of Eros.
(b) He has discovered Byron's journal from the days he spent at Sidley Park.
(c) He has discovered that Byron later married Mrs. Chater.
(d) He has discovered that Byron left England in a hurry.
2. Why is Hannah skeptical of Bernard's conclusion regarding Byron's duel with Chater?
(a) Bernard has only proved that a duel was fought.
(b) Chater died from a monkey bite
(c) He has not established that Byron was even there
(d) Byron was lame and could not shoot
3. What sound accompanies the dialogue in parts of the scene?
(a) Cello music.
(b) Violin music.
(c) Piano music.
(d) Guitar music.
4. When he learns he might find information about Byron, Bernard makes arrangements to _______________.
(a) Stay at Sidley Park.
(b) Begin writing a book.
(c) Stay in town.
(d) Hide his car from Lord Croom.
5. What does Brice say of Septimus with regard to their duel?
(a) That Septimus is a formidable shot
(b) That Septimus will enlist Byron's help
(c) That Septimus is all bluster and bladder
(d) That Septimus will find a way to cheat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bernard refutes Hannah's suggestions about the events of the past by telling her ___________________.
2. Septimus claims he will not fight Chater because __________________________.
3. Brice accuses Septimus of ___________.
4. What is Valentine studying using his mathematical process?
5. What sounds end the scene?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)