|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard did not receive a reply to his letter from Lord Croom?
(a) It was illegible.
(b) It was typewritten, and Lord Croom did not read those letters.
(c) It was typewritten, and Lord Croom thought it was a bill.
(d) It was typewritten, and Lord Croom thought it was a manuscript.
2. Who is Lady Croom in love with, according to Thomasina?
(a) Lord Byron.
(b) Mr. Noakes.
(d) Mr. Chater.
3. Which character enters and exits without speaking?
4. Bernard states that the drama of life at Sidley Park was about __________________-.
(a) Literature and philosophy.
(b) Sex and history.
(c) Philosophy and poetry.
(d) Sex and literature.
5. Why will Bernard return to Sidley Park?
(a) For further research.
(b) For the dance.
(c) For the press conference.
(d) For the book signing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernard say Hannah is lacking?
2. What is Hannah reading at the beginning of the scene?
3. How does Bernard first mislead Hannah?
4. Septimus admits to ______________________.
5. At the start of the scene, Bernard is _____________________.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)