|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Valentine's turtle?
2. Septimus tells Thomasina she must not be _________________________.
(a) Wealthier than her elders.
(b) Disrespectful to her elders.
(c) Impolite to her elders.
(d) Cleverer than her elders
3. Chloe believes the others won't support Bernard's theory because __________________.
(a) They don't understand him.
(b) They are trying to steal his ideas.
(c) They are angry with him.
(d) They are jealous.
4. Bernard calls Hannah's first book _________________.
(a) A novelette.
(b) A work of fiction.
(c) A romance novel.
(d) A work of historical value.
5. Why is Lady Croom vexed with her husband?
(a) He has had an affair with Mrs. Chater.
(b) He is determined to duel with Lord Byron.
(c) He is determined to change the garden.
(d) He is determined to duel with Septimus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound effect is heard constantly throughout this scene?
2. What does Bernard suggest is incorrect about Hannah's first book?
3. What does Chloe claim is true of her brother?
4. Chater realizes that Byron intends ____________________.
5. At what time has Septimus agreed to duel Chater?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)