|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gus run out of the room at the end of the scene?
(a) He is jealous of Chloe's affection for Bernard
(b) He feels Valentine is disrespectful of Byron
(c) He is bothered by the pistol shot
(d) He hates people shouting
2. Who is Lady Croom in love with, according to Thomasina?
(a) Mr. Noakes.
(c) Lord Byron.
(d) Mr. Chater.
3. Bernard refutes Hannah's suggestions about the events of the past by telling her ___________________.
(a) She wasn't there.
(b) She doesn't care.
(c) She isn't smart enough to understand.
(d) She never believed in him.
4. Why does Thomasina hate Cleopatra?
(a) Because Cleopatra hated Queen Elizabeth.
(b) Because Cleopatra spoke Latin.
(c) Because Cleopatra destroyed Rome.
(d) Because Cleopatra was consumed with love and sex.
5. How does Thomasina's mathematical process differ from Valentine's?
(a) Thomasina uses calculus; Valentine uses algebra
(b) Thomasina is interested in art; Valentine is interested in science
(c) Thomasina begins with the equation; Valentine begins with data
(d) Thomasina's math is emotional; Valentine's math is analytical
Short Answer Questions
1. Who enters the scene uninvited?
2. How does Chloe describe her brother, Gus?
3. Who suggests Lady Croom's translation of Et in Arcadia Ego is incorrect?
4. What book is Byron mentioned as the author of?
5. What event is going to occur at Sidley Park?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)