|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brice claims that as a tutor, Septimus must __________________________.
(a) Guard Thomasina from gossip.
(b) Inform Thomasina thoroughly in every matter.
(c) Ignore Thomasina's requests for information.
(d) Keep Thomasina in ignorance of certain matters.
2. Hannah reveals that ___________________________-.
(a) Septimus and Byron were school mates.
(b) Septimus and Byron did not get along.
(c) Septimus and Byron duelled at Sidley Park.
(d) Septimus and Byron were lovers.
3. Why is it significant that the covers to the letters from Mrs. Chater have not survived?
(a) The covers would have born Septimus' name, not Byron's.
(b) The covers would have revealed that Byron read them.
(c) The covers would have revealed the author of the letters.
(d) The covers would have revealed the actual dates.
4. Why is Hannah at Sidley Park?
(a) She is writing a history of Noakes.
(b) She is writing a history of Lord Croom.
(c) She is writing a history of Byron's duels.
(d) She is writing a history of the garden.
5. Why does Septimus finally agree to duel with Chater?
(a) Lady Croom insists upon it.
(b) Chater demands Septimus duel or leave Sidley Park.
(c) Brice and Chater challenge him together.
(d) Chater insults Thomasina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What philosophical concepts do Septimus and Thomasina discuss in the scene?
2. At the start of the scene, Bernard is _____________________.
3. Thomasina is also upset over _________________________.
4. Why is Hannah skeptical of Bernard's conclusion regarding Byron's duel with Chater?
5. What sound interrupts Lady Croom's conversation?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)