|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Septimus calls attention to ______________________.
(a) Brice's affair with Thomasina.
(b) Brice's affair with Mrs. Chater.
(c) Noakes' affair with Mrs. Chater.
(d) Noakes' affair with Lady Croom.
2. What event is going to occur at Sidley Park?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) A dance for the district.
(c) A charity benefit.
(d) An auction.
3. What does Bernard offer to do for Valentine?
(a) Give him credit for editing the Bernard's book.
(b) Give him credit for proving Byron killed Chater.
(c) Give him credit for proving Chater was dead in 1810.
(d) Give him credit for finding the game book.
4. Bernard's dialogue reveals _____________________-.
(a) That Byron fought Chater in a duel.
(b) That Byron was never at Sidley Park.
(c) That Byron left the States in a hurry.
(d) That Byron left England in a hurry.
5. Where is the proof that Byron was at Sidley Park in 1809?
(a) The proof is in Bernard's book on Byron.
(b) the prrof is in Lady Croom's journal.
(c) The proof is in a game book that records him shooting a hare.
(d) The proof is in the letter Hannah finds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound recurs in this scene?
2. What does Hannah's letter prove?
3. How does Thomasina's mathematical process differ from Valentine's?
4. What book is Byron mentioned as the author of?
5. What does Hannah discover in the book Bernard has given her?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)