|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
(a) The man in the moon.
(b) The Baptist in the wilderness.
(c) The babe in the woods.
(d) The ghost in the machine.
2. What does Thomasina believe she can plot with mathematical formulas?
(a) Shapes in nature.
(d) Manufactured images.
3. Who seems particularly offended by Septimus' dalliance with Mrs. Chater?
(a) Lord Croom.
4. What does Bernard offer to do for Valentine?
(a) Give him credit for editing the Bernard's book.
(b) Give him credit for finding the game book.
(c) Give him credit for proving Chater was dead in 1810.
(d) Give him credit for proving Byron killed Chater.
5. Why will Bernard return to Sidley Park?
(a) For the book signing.
(b) For the press conference.
(c) For the dance.
(d) For further research.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is remarkable about Thomasina's math equations?
2. What sound effect is heard constantly throughout this scene?
3. Chater accuses Septimus of __________________-.
4. Septimus admits to ______________________.
5. When Septimus mentions death in Arcadia, Thomasina responds ____________________.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)