|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Thomasina describes the hermit in her drawing to _____________________.
(a) The man in the moon.
(b) The ghost in the machine.
(c) The babe in the woods.
(d) The Baptist in the wilderness.
2. Who seems particularly offended by Septimus' dalliance with Mrs. Chater?
(c) Lord Croom.
3. Why is Lady Croom vexed with her husband?
(a) He is determined to duel with Septimus.
(b) He is determined to duel with Lord Byron.
(c) He is determined to change the garden.
(d) He has had an affair with Mrs. Chater.
4. Septimus admits to ______________________.
(a) Slandering Chater's wife.
(b) Ignoring Chater's wife.
(c) Making love to Chater's wife.
(d) Running away with Chater's wife.
5. Lady Croom claims her garden is currently arranged ______________________.
(a) According to the latest fashion.
(b) According to her tastes.
(c) As her husband designed it.
(d) As God intended it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernard say Hannah is lacking?
2. How does Bernard first mislead Hannah?
3. Septimus calls attention to ______________________.
4. Who is Lady Croom in love with, according to Thomasina?
5. What is Hannah reading at the beginning of the scene?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)