|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the proof that Byron was at Sidley Park in 1809?
(a) The proof is in a game book that records him shooting a hare.
(b) the prrof is in Lady Croom's journal.
(c) The proof is in the letter Hannah finds.
(d) The proof is in Bernard's book on Byron.
2. Why is Hannah skeptical of Bernard's conclusion regarding Byron's duel with Chater?
(a) He has not established that Byron was even there
(b) Chater died from a monkey bite
(c) Byron was lame and could not shoot
(d) Bernard has only proved that a duel was fought.
3. Who is onstage when the scene begins?
(b) Lady Croom.
4. How does Hannah reconcile the tension between science and religion?
(a) Science is the countenance of God's creation
(b) Science is valuable as an earthly struggle; religion a cheat
(c) Science measures what is quantifiable, while religion explains what is qualitative
(d) Science is God's method of ordering the universe
5. Who arrives after Hannah exits?
(a) Valentine and Gus.
(b) Chloe and Valentine.
(c) Bernard and Gus.
(d) Chloe and Bernard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Augustus know about Thomasina?
2. Hannah leaves because ____________________________.
3. What event is going to occur at Sidley Park?
4. What tabloid headline does Hannah share with the Crooms?
5. Who is Lady Croom's latest lover?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)