|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Bernard's publication?
(a) Even in Arcadia--Sex, Literature, and Death at Sidley Park
(b) The wit and wisdom of Thomasina Croom
(c) The Couch of Eros
(d) Byron's duel, and the hidden genius of Ezra Chater
2. Where are the game books kept?
(a) In the commode.
(b) In the pantry.
(c) In the closet.
(d) In the attic.
3. For what reason has Hannah enlisted Valentine in this scene?
(a) To help disprove Bernard's Byron theory
(b) To translate a particularly difficult passage of Latin
(c) To explain Thomasina's math equations
(d) To access a Croom family heirloom
4. What is Hannah's gift to Bernard?
(a) A letter from Byron to Mrs. Chater.
(b) A letter from Lady Croom to her husband.
(c) A letter from Byron to Septimus.
(d) The three letters from Septimus' book.
5. What event is going to occur at Sidley Park?
(a) An auction.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) A charity benefit.
(d) A dance for the district.
Short Answer Questions
1. What secret does Augustus know about Thomasina?
2. What tabloid headline does Hannah share with the Crooms?
3. What is the name of Valentine's turtle?
4. Why is Hannah skeptical of Bernard's conclusion regarding Byron's duel with Chater?
5. What false last name does Chloe give Bernard?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)