|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he learns he might find information about Byron, Bernard makes arrangements to _______________.
(a) Stay in town.
(b) Begin writing a book.
(c) Hide his car from Lord Croom.
(d) Stay at Sidley Park.
2. Why does Hannah suggest an afterlife would be a mixed blessing for Bernard?
(a) He would have to face Septimus.
(b) He would have to apologize to Chater.
(c) He would have to apologize to Lady Croom.
(d) He would have to face Lord Byron.
3. What is Hannah's gift to Bernard?
(a) A letter from Lady Croom to her husband.
(b) A letter from Byron to Mrs. Chater.
(c) A letter from Byron to Septimus.
(d) The three letters from Septimus' book.
4. Who is onstage when the scene begins?
(c) Lady Croom.
5. What is Valentine studying using his mathematical process?
(a) Apple leaves
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about the staging in this scene?
2. How does Thomasina's mathematical process differ from Valentine's?
3. What tabloid headline does Hannah share with the Crooms?
4. In what style of dress are the Crooms attired as the scene opens?
5. Who is Lady Croom's latest lover?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)