|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hannah encourage Valentine to continue working on his own equations?
(a) The completion of his work will validate Thomasina's genius
(b) The struggle to know is what makes us matter
(c) She believes he will find validation in the afterlife
(d) The benefits of his discovery will save lives and improve society
2. Why does Bernard think Byron engaged in a duel at Sidley Park?
(a) He has discovered Septimus' letters in The Couch of Eros.
(b) He has discovered that Byron left England in a hurry.
(c) He has discovered that Byron later married Mrs. Chater.
(d) He has discovered Byron's journal from the days he spent at Sidley Park.
3. What has Valentine's mother loaned Bernard?
(a) Her first edition of The Couch of Eros
(b) Her car
(c) Her notes on gardening
(d) Her bicycle
4. How does Bernard first mislead Hannah?
(a) He lies about his job.
(b) He lies about his relationship with Chloe.
(c) He lies about his work on Byron.
(d) He lies about his name.
5. What sound effect is heard constantly throughout this scene?
(a) Clicking of a pen
(b) Piano music in the next room
(c) Rifle fire
(d) Mr. Noakes' engine
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chloe describe her brother, Gus?
2. What scientific constant fascinates Valentine?
3. What mathematical advantage does Valentine have over Thomasina?
4. What is the title of Bernard's publication?
5. What does Hannah demand of Bernard that prompts him to call her a silly bitch?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)