|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Chloe describe her brother, Gus?
(a) As a genius.
(b) As a sexist.
(c) As a threat.
(d) As a savant.
2. Why is Hannah skeptical of Bernard's conclusion regarding Byron's duel with Chater?
(a) Bernard has only proved that a duel was fought.
(b) He has not established that Byron was even there
(c) Chater died from a monkey bite
(d) Byron was lame and could not shoot
3. What tabloid headline does Hannah share with the Crooms?
(a) Sex, Literature, and Death at Sidley Park
(b) Bonking Byron Shot Poet
(c) Mad Monkey Bites Back
(d) Child Prodigy Solves Apple Leaf
4. What sound recurs in this scene?
(a) Gun shots.
(b) Violin music.
(d) A radio.
5. When he learns he might find information about Byron, Bernard makes arrangements to _______________.
(a) Stay in town.
(b) Stay at Sidley Park.
(c) Hide his car from Lord Croom.
(d) Begin writing a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernard say Hannah is lacking?
2. What philosophical dilemma is Chloe quizzing Valentine about at the beginning of the scene?
3. What sound effect is heard constantly throughout this scene?
4. What does Chloe claim is true of her brother?
5. Why does Bernard think Byron engaged in a duel at Sidley Park?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)