|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hannah encourage Valentine to continue working on his own equations?
(a) The struggle to know is what makes us matter
(b) The completion of his work will validate Thomasina's genius
(c) The benefits of his discovery will save lives and improve society
(d) She believes he will find validation in the afterlife
2. How does Thomasina's mathematical process differ from Valentine's?
(a) Thomasina begins with the equation; Valentine begins with data
(b) Thomasina's math is emotional; Valentine's math is analytical
(c) Thomasina uses calculus; Valentine uses algebra
(d) Thomasina is interested in art; Valentine is interested in science
3. What sound effect is heard constantly throughout this scene?
(a) Piano music in the next room
(b) Rifle fire
(c) Clicking of a pen
(d) Mr. Noakes' engine
4. Why does Hannah suggest an afterlife would be a mixed blessing for Bernard?
(a) He would have to apologize to Chater.
(b) He would have to apologize to Lady Croom.
(c) He would have to face Septimus.
(d) He would have to face Lord Byron.
5. For what reason has Hannah enlisted Valentine in this scene?
(a) To explain Thomasina's math equations
(b) To translate a particularly difficult passage of Latin
(c) To help disprove Bernard's Byron theory
(d) To access a Croom family heirloom
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gus run out of the room at the end of the scene?
2. What does Bernard say Hannah is lacking?
3. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard did not receive a reply to his letter from Lord Croom?
4. Who arrives after Hannah exits?
5. What does Chloe claim is true of her brother?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)