|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hannah reconcile the tension between science and religion?
(a) Science is God's method of ordering the universe
(b) Science is valuable as an earthly struggle; religion a cheat
(c) Science measures what is quantifiable, while religion explains what is qualitative
(d) Science is the countenance of God's creation
2. What is Hannah's gift to Bernard?
(a) A letter from Byron to Mrs. Chater.
(b) The three letters from Septimus' book.
(c) A letter from Lady Croom to her husband.
(d) A letter from Byron to Septimus.
3. What is Valentine studying using his mathematical process?
(d) Apple leaves
4. What is remarkable about Thomasina's math equations?
(a) The technique she uses is only about 20-years-old
(b) The equations are riddled with errors
(c) The data is pulled from piano music
(d) The solutions disprove Newton's theories
5. What is the name of Valentine's turtle?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chole, what is the flaw in the theory of the deterministic universe?
2. What sounds end the scene?
3. Why are the modern characters wearing period clothes in this scene?
4. Who is Lady Croom's latest lover?
5. Chloe believes the deterministic universe cannot work because _____________________.
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)