|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound effect is heard constantly throughout this scene?
(a) Rifle fire
(b) Clicking of a pen
(c) Mr. Noakes' engine
(d) Piano music in the next room
2. When he learns he might find information about Byron, Bernard makes arrangements to _______________.
(a) Stay in town.
(b) Hide his car from Lord Croom.
(c) Stay at Sidley Park.
(d) Begin writing a book.
3. Why is Hannah skeptical of Bernard's conclusion regarding Byron's duel with Chater?
(a) Bernard has only proved that a duel was fought.
(b) Byron was lame and could not shoot
(c) He has not established that Byron was even there
(d) Chater died from a monkey bite
4. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard should hide his car?
(a) Lord Croom would not allow guests who did not ride bicycles.
(b) Lord Croom would not allow guests with Japanese cars.
(c) Lord Croom would not allow guests who did not drive carriages.
(d) Lord Croom would not allow guests who drove foreign cars.
5. What is Valentine studying using his mathematical process?
(d) Apple leaves
Short Answer Questions
1. Chloe asks Hannah ___________________________.
2. Where are the game books kept?
3. In what style of dress are the Crooms attired as the scene opens?
4. What secret does Augustus know about Thomasina?
5. What is Hannah's gift to Bernard?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)