|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gus run out of the room at the end of the scene?
(a) He is jealous of Chloe's affection for Bernard
(b) He feels Valentine is disrespectful of Byron
(c) He is bothered by the pistol shot
(d) He hates people shouting
2. What is Hannah reading at the beginning of the scene?
(a) The journal of Thomasina Coverly
(b) A letter from Septimus
(c) The journal of Lord Byron
(d) The Couch of Eros
3. What scientific constant fascinates Valentine?
(a) That math is reversable, but death is not
(b) That there is no mathematical equation for love
(c) That all life-- from grouse to human-- is unpredictable
(d) That the universe moves from hot to cold, but not the other way around
4. What is the title of Bernard's publication?
(a) The Couch of Eros
(b) Even in Arcadia--Sex, Literature, and Death at Sidley Park
(c) Byron's duel, and the hidden genius of Ezra Chater
(d) The wit and wisdom of Thomasina Croom
5. Why does Hannah encourage Valentine to continue working on his own equations?
(a) The benefits of his discovery will save lives and improve society
(b) The struggle to know is what makes us matter
(c) The completion of his work will validate Thomasina's genius
(d) She believes he will find validation in the afterlife
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the proof that Byron was at Sidley Park in 1809?
2. What has Valentine's mother loaned Bernard?
3. Hannah reveals that ___________________________-.
4. According to Chole, what is the flaw in the theory of the deterministic universe?
5. What false last name does Chloe give Bernard?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)