|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hannah leaves because ____________________________.
(a) She has found proof of Lady Croom's affair with Byron.
(b) She has found proof to refute Bernard's claim.
(c) She had found proof that Septimus was the hermit.
(d) She has found proof to support Bernard's claim.
2. What does Hannah's letter prove?
(a) It proves that Brice wanted to kill Byron.
(b) It proves that Chater was dead by 1810.
(c) It proves that Byron was dead by 1810.
(d) It proves that Byron duelled with Chater in 1809.
3. Where are the game books kept?
(a) In the commode.
(b) In the pantry.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In the closet.
4. What has Valentine's mother loaned Bernard?
(a) Her car
(b) Her first edition of The Couch of Eros
(c) Her bicycle
(d) Her notes on gardening
5. What scientific constant fascinates Valentine?
(a) That there is no mathematical equation for love
(b) That the universe moves from hot to cold, but not the other way around
(c) That all life-- from grouse to human-- is unpredictable
(d) That math is reversable, but death is not
Short Answer Questions
1. What false last name does Chloe give Bernard?
2. Why is Hannah skeptical of Bernard's conclusion regarding Byron's duel with Chater?
3. What does Chloe claim is true of her brother?
4. Who arrives after Hannah exits?
5. When he learns he might find information about Byron, Bernard makes arrangements to _______________.
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)