|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lady Croom's latest lover?
(a) Count Zelinsky.
2. What does Hannah's letter prove?
(a) It proves that Brice wanted to kill Byron.
(b) It proves that Byron duelled with Chater in 1809.
(c) It proves that Chater was dead by 1810.
(d) It proves that Byron was dead by 1810.
3. Hannah reveals that ___________________________-.
(a) Septimus and Byron were school mates.
(b) Septimus and Byron did not get along.
(c) Septimus and Byron duelled at Sidley Park.
(d) Septimus and Byron were lovers.
4. What is Hannah's gift to Bernard?
(a) The three letters from Septimus' book.
(b) A letter from Byron to Septimus.
(c) A letter from Byron to Mrs. Chater.
(d) A letter from Lady Croom to her husband.
5. What philosophical dilemma is Chloe quizzing Valentine about at the beginning of the scene?
(a) Fate vs. Free Will
(b) Science vs. Art
(c) Good vs. Evil
(d) Rationality vs. Romanticism
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Valentine's mother loaned Bernard?
2. What does Hannah demand of Bernard that prompts him to call her a silly bitch?
3. What is the one word Valentine repeats in her first two entrances?
4. What is remarkable about Thomasina's math equations?
5. What is Valentine working on at the beginning of this scene?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)