|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Bernard's publication?
(a) Byron's duel, and the hidden genius of Ezra Chater
(b) The Couch of Eros
(c) The wit and wisdom of Thomasina Croom
(d) Even in Arcadia--Sex, Literature, and Death at Sidley Park
2. Where are the game books kept?
(a) In the commode.
(b) In the pantry.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In the closet.
3. Chloe believes the deterministic universe cannot work because _____________________.
(a) Math will not allow it.
(b) History gets in the way.
(c) Egos get in the way.
(d) Sex gets in the way.
4. Who is onstage when the scene begins?
(b) Lady Croom.
5. What does Chloe claim is true of her brother?
(a) She claims he is in love with Hannah.
(b) She claims he has fought a duel.
(c) She claims he is leaving Sidley Park for good.
(d) She claims he has information about her book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard did not receive a reply to his letter from Lord Croom?
2. What sounds end the scene?
3. What is Valentine studying using his mathematical process?
4. What sound effect is heard constantly throughout this scene?
5. What is Hannah reading at the beginning of the scene?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)