|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lady Croom's latest lover?
(a) Count Zelinsky.
2. How does Hannah reconcile the tension between science and religion?
(a) Science is God's method of ordering the universe
(b) Science is the countenance of God's creation
(c) Science is valuable as an earthly struggle; religion a cheat
(d) Science measures what is quantifiable, while religion explains what is qualitative
3. What is remarkable about Thomasina's math equations?
(a) The solutions disprove Newton's theories
(b) The equations are riddled with errors
(c) The data is pulled from piano music
(d) The technique she uses is only about 20-years-old
4. What philosophical dilemma is Chloe quizzing Valentine about at the beginning of the scene?
(a) Fate vs. Free Will
(b) Science vs. Art
(c) Rationality vs. Romanticism
(d) Good vs. Evil
5. Why is Hannah skeptical of Bernard's conclusion regarding Byron's duel with Chater?
(a) Bernard has only proved that a duel was fought.
(b) He has not established that Byron was even there
(c) Chater died from a monkey bite
(d) Byron was lame and could not shoot
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chloe describe her brother, Gus?
2. What tabloid headline does Hannah share with the Crooms?
3. What is unusual about the staging in this scene?
4. Hannah leaves because ____________________________.
5. What does Hannah demand of Bernard that prompts him to call her a silly bitch?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)