|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Bernard's publication?
(a) The Couch of Eros
(b) Even in Arcadia--Sex, Literature, and Death at Sidley Park
(c) Byron's duel, and the hidden genius of Ezra Chater
(d) The wit and wisdom of Thomasina Croom
2. For what reason has Hannah enlisted Valentine in this scene?
(a) To explain Thomasina's math equations
(b) To help disprove Bernard's Byron theory
(c) To access a Croom family heirloom
(d) To translate a particularly difficult passage of Latin
3. Why does Gus run out of the room at the end of the scene?
(a) He is jealous of Chloe's affection for Bernard
(b) He feels Valentine is disrespectful of Byron
(c) He hates people shouting
(d) He is bothered by the pistol shot
4. What does Chloe claim is true of her brother?
(a) She claims he has information about her book.
(b) She claims he is leaving Sidley Park for good.
(c) She claims he is in love with Hannah.
(d) She claims he has fought a duel.
5. What is Valentine working on at the beginning of this scene?
(a) Writing a letter to the editor protesting Bernard's findings
(b) Planning his proposal to Hannah
(c) Looking through the game book for information on Grouses
(d) Pushing Thomasina's equations through his computer
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Valentine's turtle?
2. Which character enters and exits without speaking?
3. How does Chloe describe her brother, Gus?
4. What is unusual about the staging in this scene?
5. Where is the proof that Byron was at Sidley Park in 1809?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)