|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gus run out of the room at the end of the scene?
(a) He is bothered by the pistol shot
(b) He feels Valentine is disrespectful of Byron
(c) He hates people shouting
(d) He is jealous of Chloe's affection for Bernard
2. How does Hannah reconcile the tension between science and religion?
(a) Science is valuable as an earthly struggle; religion a cheat
(b) Science is God's method of ordering the universe
(c) Science is the countenance of God's creation
(d) Science measures what is quantifiable, while religion explains what is qualitative
3. Why is Hannah skeptical of Bernard's conclusion regarding Byron's duel with Chater?
(a) He has not established that Byron was even there
(b) Chater died from a monkey bite
(c) Bernard has only proved that a duel was fought.
(d) Byron was lame and could not shoot
4. In what style of dress are the Crooms attired as the scene opens?
(d) Regency wear
5. What mathematical advantage does Valentine have over Thomasina?
(a) His equations are accurate
(b) He can use a computer to compute his equations
(c) He is more skilled at mathematics
(d) He is measuring something phyisical rather than emotional
Short Answer Questions
1. What false last name does Chloe give Bernard?
2. What is remarkable about Thomasina's math equations?
3. Chloe asks Hannah ___________________________.
4. What does Chloe claim is true of her brother?
5. According to Hannah, how is the study of history like science?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)