|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lady Croom's latest lover?
(b) Count Zelinsky.
2. What sounds end the scene?
(a) A gun shot and piano music.
(b) A gun shot and crows crying.
(c) Piano music and the steam engine.
(d) Violin music and crows crying.
3. Why are the modern characters wearing period clothes in this scene?
(a) They are being photographed before the dance.
(b) They are reenacting Thomasina and Septimus' story.
(c) They are being photographed for Chloe's wedding.
(d) They are being photgraphed for Bernard's article.
4. How does Hannah reconcile the tension between science and religion?
(a) Science measures what is quantifiable, while religion explains what is qualitative
(b) Science is the countenance of God's creation
(c) Science is God's method of ordering the universe
(d) Science is valuable as an earthly struggle; religion a cheat
5. When he learns he might find information about Byron, Bernard makes arrangements to _______________.
(a) Stay at Sidley Park.
(b) Hide his car from Lord Croom.
(c) Stay in town.
(d) Begin writing a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is onstage when the scene begins?
2. Hannah's quoting of Byron's poetry suggests what to Valentine?
3. What does Chloe claim is true of her brother?
4. What false last name does Chloe give Bernard?
5. For what reason has Hannah enlisted Valentine in this scene?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)