|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tabloid headline does Hannah share with the Crooms?
(a) Child Prodigy Solves Apple Leaf
(b) Bonking Byron Shot Poet
(c) Mad Monkey Bites Back
(d) Sex, Literature, and Death at Sidley Park
2. Why is Hannah skeptical of Bernard's conclusion regarding Byron's duel with Chater?
(a) Chater died from a monkey bite
(b) He has not established that Byron was even there
(c) Byron was lame and could not shoot
(d) Bernard has only proved that a duel was fought.
3. What has Valentine's mother loaned Bernard?
(a) Her car
(b) Her notes on gardening
(c) Her bicycle
(d) Her first edition of The Couch of Eros
4. For what reason has Hannah enlisted Valentine in this scene?
(a) To translate a particularly difficult passage of Latin
(b) To access a Croom family heirloom
(c) To explain Thomasina's math equations
(d) To help disprove Bernard's Byron theory
5. According to Hannah, how is the study of history like science?
(a) Both rely on rigorous experimentation
(b) Both have no room for romantic feelings
(c) Both seek to create universal laws
(d) Both believe things can't be proved true, only not to be false yet
Short Answer Questions
1. Hannah's quoting of Byron's poetry suggests what to Valentine?
2. What is Hannah reading at the beginning of the scene?
3. What false last name does Chloe give Bernard?
4. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard should hide his car?
5. What sounds end the scene?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)