|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hannah's quoting of Byron's poetry suggests what to Valentine?
(a) Byron was not as talented as history suggests
(b) Byron and Septimus may share a similar genius
(c) Thomasina was more brilliant than both men
(d) Septimus may have secretly written much of Byron's poetry
2. What sounds end the scene?
(a) Piano music and the steam engine.
(b) A gun shot and piano music.
(c) A gun shot and crows crying.
(d) Violin music and crows crying.
3. How does Thomasina's mathematical process differ from Valentine's?
(a) Thomasina uses calculus; Valentine uses algebra
(b) Thomasina is interested in art; Valentine is interested in science
(c) Thomasina's math is emotional; Valentine's math is analytical
(d) Thomasina begins with the equation; Valentine begins with data
4. Why does Hannah encourage Valentine to continue working on his own equations?
(a) The benefits of his discovery will save lives and improve society
(b) The completion of his work will validate Thomasina's genius
(c) The struggle to know is what makes us matter
(d) She believes he will find validation in the afterlife
5. In what style of dress are the Crooms attired as the scene opens?
(c) Regency wear
Short Answer Questions
1. When he learns he might find information about Byron, Bernard makes arrangements to _______________.
2. Where are the game books kept?
3. What mathematical advantage does Valentine have over Thomasina?
4. Which character enters and exits without speaking?
5. What is Hannah's gift to Bernard?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)