|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character enters and exits without speaking?
2. What has Valentine's mother loaned Bernard?
(a) Her first edition of The Couch of Eros
(b) Her car
(c) Her notes on gardening
(d) Her bicycle
3. Hannah leaves because ____________________________.
(a) She has found proof of Lady Croom's affair with Byron.
(b) She had found proof that Septimus was the hermit.
(c) She has found proof to support Bernard's claim.
(d) She has found proof to refute Bernard's claim.
4. Hannah's quoting of Byron's poetry suggests what to Valentine?
(a) Byron and Septimus may share a similar genius
(b) Byron was not as talented as history suggests
(c) Septimus may have secretly written much of Byron's poetry
(d) Thomasina was more brilliant than both men
5. Why is Hannah skeptical of Bernard's conclusion regarding Byron's duel with Chater?
(a) He has not established that Byron was even there
(b) Bernard has only proved that a duel was fought.
(c) Byron was lame and could not shoot
(d) Chater died from a monkey bite
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hannah demand of Bernard that prompts him to call her a silly bitch?
2. What is Hannah's gift to Bernard?
3. Who arrives after Hannah exits?
4. Who is Lady Croom's latest lover?
5. Where are the game books kept?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)