|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bernard think Byron engaged in a duel at Sidley Park?
(a) He has discovered Byron's journal from the days he spent at Sidley Park.
(b) He has discovered that Byron later married Mrs. Chater.
(c) He has discovered Septimus' letters in The Couch of Eros.
(d) He has discovered that Byron left England in a hurry.
2. According to Chole, what is the flaw in the theory of the deterministic universe?
(a) Thomasina's math equations are wrong
(b) The universe gradually moves from order to chaos
(c) Sexual attraction breaks down the order
(d) It ignores God's role in designing free will
3. Who arrives after Hannah exits?
(a) Valentine and Gus.
(b) Bernard and Gus.
(c) Chloe and Bernard.
(d) Chloe and Valentine.
4. What philosophical dilemma is Chloe quizzing Valentine about at the beginning of the scene?
(a) Science vs. Art
(b) Rationality vs. Romanticism
(c) Good vs. Evil
(d) Fate vs. Free Will
5. What event is going to occur at Sidley Park?
(a) An auction.
(b) A birthday party.
(c) A charity benefit.
(d) A dance for the district.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Lady Croom's latest lover?
2. What sound effect is heard constantly throughout this scene?
3. Hannah leaves because ____________________________.
4. In what style of dress are the Crooms attired as the scene opens?
5. What is Hannah reading at the beginning of the scene?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)