One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gus run out of the room at the end of the scene?
(a) He hates people shouting
(b) He is jealous of Chloe's affection for Bernard
(c) He feels Valentine is disrespectful of Byron
(d) He is bothered by the pistol shot
2. For what reason has Hannah enlisted Valentine in this scene?
(a) To access a Croom family heirloom
(b) To help disprove Bernard's Byron theory
(c) To translate a particularly difficult passage of Latin
(d) To explain Thomasina's math equations
3. What false last name does Chloe give Bernard?
4. Which character enters and exits without speaking?
5. What scientific constant fascinates Valentine?
(a) That there is no mathematical equation for love
(b) That all life-- from grouse to human-- is unpredictable
(c) That the universe moves from hot to cold, but not the other way around
(d) That math is reversable, but death is not
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Valentine working on at the beginning of this scene?
2. What event is going to occur at Sidley Park?
3. Why does Valentine suggest Bernard did not receive a reply to his letter from Lord Croom?
4. What is remarkable about Thomasina's math equations?
5. What mathematical advantage does Valentine have over Thomasina?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)