Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1
1. In what year does the play begin?
(b) The present.
2. Where does the play take place?
(a) Rosings Park, Derbyshire.
(b) Sidley Park, Derbyshire.
(c) Sydney Park, Australia.
(d) Central Park, New York.
3. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
(a) Lord Byron's.
(c) Ezra Pound's.
(d) Ezra Chater's.
4. Who is Mr. Noakes?
(a) The tutor.
(b) The butler.
(c) The landscape architect.
(d) Mrs. Croom's brother.
5. What piece of gossip does Thomasina mention to Septimus?
(a) Mrs. Chater was asked to leave Sidley Park.
(b) Mrs. Chater was discovered in bed with Mr. Noakes.
(c) Mrs. Chater was discovered in bed with Lord Byron.
(d) Mrs. Chater was found in carnal embrace in the gazebo.
6. What is the title of the poem Septimus is reading?
(a) The Couch of Eros.
(b) The Origin of Species.
(c) The Raven.
(d) The Hound of the Baskervilles.
7. Septimus describes carnal embrace as _______________________.
(a) Throwing one's arms around a cow.
(b) Throwing one's arms around a lover.
(c) Throwing one's arms around an animal.
(d) Throwing one's arms around a side of beef.
This section contains 5,068 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)