Act 1, Scene 1, Part 1
1. In what year does the play begin?
(b) The present.
2. Where does the play take place?
(a) Rosings Park, Derbyshire.
(b) Sydney Park, Australia.
(c) Central Park, New York.
(d) Sidley Park, Derbyshire.
3. Whose poem is Septimus reading?
(b) Ezra Pound's.
(c) Lord Byron's.
(d) Ezra Chater's.
4. Who is Mr. Noakes?
(a) Mrs. Croom's brother.
(b) The tutor.
(c) The butler.
(d) The landscape architect.
5. What piece of gossip does Thomasina mention to Septimus?
(a) Mrs. Chater was asked to leave Sidley Park.
(b) Mrs. Chater was discovered in bed with Lord Byron.
(c) Mrs. Chater was found in carnal embrace in the gazebo.
(d) Mrs. Chater was discovered in bed with Mr. Noakes.
6. What is the title of the poem Septimus is reading?
(a) The Origin of Species.
(b) The Couch of Eros.
(c) The Hound of the Baskervilles.
(d) The Raven.
7. Septimus describes carnal embrace as _______________________.
(a) Throwing one's arms around a cow.
(b) Throwing one's arms around a side of beef.
(c) Throwing one's arms around an animal.
(d) Throwing one's arms around a lover.
This section contains 5,068 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)