|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Sweet stay after being released?
(a) Garland Avenue house.
(b) Gladys' parents' house.
(c) Rental apartment.
(d) Black Bottom.
2. What was the name of the judge?
3. On what date was the case scheduled to begin?
(a) December 12.
(b) November 16.
(c) October 30.
(d) December 1.
4. Who spoke to the men about the guns and ammunition?
5. What was the name of the Garland Avenue resident that helped to break the case?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the rock throwers arrive at the Sweet house?
2. How many people crammed into the area around the house?
3. Where is Johnson's office?
4. Publicity began to increase which of the following?
5. Where did the NAACP hold their rally?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did White approach the Sweets' lawyers? What was the outcome of the meeting?
2. How did the attorneys learn about the charges against the 11 men?
3. How did Sweet react to the interrogation?
4. List the date and names of all parties involved in opening day of the Sweet trial.
5. Aside from notoriety, how did Darrow's presence help the Sweet case?
6. What was the agreement made by the prosecution regarding the upcoming trials?
7. How was the legal team for the Sweets finally united?
8. What happened after the shootings on Garland Avenue?
9. Who was Walter White and why was he sent to Detroit?
10. Why was White unhappy with the decision made by the court?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)