|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money was in the NAACP defense fund?
2. What was the outcome of the case?
(c) Hung jury.
3. What was Springarn's first name?
4. Who held a rally in the park?
(a) Tireman Avenue Association.
(c) Sweet supporters.
5. Toms stated that the men must have been looking for which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the minister of the local church?
2. Who was an eyewitness to the incident at the Sweets' house?
3. What organization could not stand up to cross examination?
4. What happened to the cases against the other defendants?
5. What motion did Darrow file at the beginning of the defense presentation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Sweet react to the interrogation?
2. How did the NAACP help the Sweets and their associates in jail?
3. How did the author describe Darrow's approach to the witnesses?
4. What is the crux of Toms' case?
5. Describe the meeting between the NAACP and Darrow.
6. List the date and names of all parties involved in opening day of the Sweet trial.
7. Relay Henry's story regarding the incident on Garland Avenue.
8. Discuss the replacement of Hays on the defense team.
9. Briefly describe the closing arguments and verdict.
10. How was the legal team for the Sweets finally united?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)