|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people crammed into the area around the house?
2. Who was the minister of the local church?
3. What group was most successful in the primary election?
4. On what date was the case scheduled to begin?
(a) October 30.
(b) December 1.
(c) December 12.
(d) November 16.
5. Which of the following causes the attorneys to argue?
(a) Who would be first chair.
(b) Change of legal representation.
(c) Jury selection.
(d) Change of venue.
Short Answer Questions
1. The inspector had how many reinforcements to help control the mob on Garland Avenue?
2. What was Springarn's first name?
3. What reporter was called to testify?
4. What was James Johnson's middle name?
5. Which of the following was missing from the court room when Darrow and Hays argued to dismiss?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the men explain their presence at the Sweets' house?
2. What was agreed upon by the court and the defense?
3. Name at least one of the obstacles involved in Darrow and Hays joining the legal team on the Sweet case.
4. How did Darrow's involvement change the tone of national press coverage?
5. Who was Walter White and why was he sent to Detroit?
6. What was the assistant prosecutor's angle when presented the Sweet case to a judge in a pre-trial hearing?
7. Discuss the involvement of the media in the incident.
8. How did the chores of trial break down for Darrow and Hays?
9. What significant testimony greatly helped the Sweet case?
10. What was one topic on which many of the people at the scene could not agree?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)