|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The inspector had how many reinforcements to help control the mob on Garland Avenue?
2. Which of the following causes the attorneys to argue?
(a) Jury selection.
(b) Who would be first chair.
(c) Change of legal representation.
(d) Change of venue.
3. What was Springarn's first name?
4. The minister organized a group focused on which of the following?
(a) Community involvement.
(b) Raising funds.
(c) Political campaign.
(d) Racial non-violence.
5. What was the surname of the county prosecutor?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time did Darrow have to work on the case before it went to trial?
2. In Michigan, how many armed people make up a mob?
3. What was the verdict in the Henry Sweet trial?
4. What was Hays in charge of handling for the case?
5. When was Gladys released on bail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the replacement of Hays on the defense team.
2. Who was Weldon Johnson?
3. What happened after the shootings on Garland Avenue?
4. What was the resolution between Rowlette and the NAACP?
5. How did the NAACP help the Sweets and their associates in jail?
6. How did the author describe Darrow's approach to the witnesses?
7. Relay Henry's story regarding the incident on Garland Avenue.
8. What significant testimony greatly helped the Sweet case?
9. How was the legal team for the Sweets finally united?
10. What happened during jury selection?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)