|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did witnesses say began to throw the rocks?
(d) Other blacks.
2. What did Darrow request from the court?
(a) Change of venue.
(b) Different judge.
3. White was upset about the cost of what?
(b) Second trial.
(c) Hotel expenses.
4. What group was eliminated from jury selection?
5. On which day did Darrow meet the defendants?
(a) November 27.
(b) October 1.
(c) October 15.
(d) November 3.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time did Sweet make the call to Perry?
2. Who held a rally in the park?
3. Who was N. K. McGill?
4. How did the rock throwers arrive at the Sweet house?
5. What other piece of evidence was found inside the Sweet house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the author describe Darrow's approach to the witnesses?
2. How did the attorneys learn about the charges against the 11 men?
3. Who was Weldon Johnson?
4. Describe the meeting between the NAACP and Darrow.
5. What happened during jury selection?
6. How did Darrow's involvement change the tone of national press coverage?
7. Name at least one of the obstacles involved in Darrow and Hays joining the legal team on the Sweet case.
8. Who was Walter White and why was he sent to Detroit?
9. List the date and names of all parties involved in opening day of the Sweet trial.
10. What is the crux of Toms' case?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)