|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Sweet invest in the pharmacy?
2. In what month was election day in 1923?
3. When did Civil War troops reach Florida?
4. How much land did the slave owner purchase?
(a) 750 acres.
(b) 1,000 acres.
(c) 1300 acres.
(d) 500 acres.
5. How much money did Sweet have when he arrived in Detroit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of brothers joined the movement?
2. What was the name of the physician who maintained an office not far from Sweet's practice?
3. Sweet dreamed of studying where?
4. Which of the following was not a major part of Detroit at that time?
5. How old was Sweet when he left Florida?
Short Essay Questions
1. What group was founded in July? What was its purpose?
2. What kind of protection do the Sweets use to ward off any attackers?
3. Name the racist groups founded at this time. Where was their presence the strongest?
4. Describe the social climate in Detroit in 1925.
5. Who agrees to spend the first couple of nights at the Sweets' new home?
6. What was the reaction of the slaves when they learned about Lee's surrender and the arrival of Union troops?
7. Explain the Sweets' choice to send their son to Wilberforce University.
8. What was the purpose and scope of the AME? What was it?
9. What was the real estate situation in Detroit at the time?
10. Describe the actions of the Waterworks Park Improvement Association regarding real estate.
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)