|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the family member come from?
(a) Cape Town.
(d) North Carolina.
2. Whose wife was attacked and raped?
(a) Senator's wife.
(b) Soldier's wife.
(c) Sweet's wife.
(d) Minister's wife.
3. Which of the following was not a big part of the Detroit scene in early 1925?
(a) KKK activity.
(b) Al Capone's gang.
(c) Voter registration.
(d) Real estate extortion.
4. Where was Dr. Sweet's practice?
(a) Black Bottom.
(d) Grosse Pointe.
5. What university did Sweet attend to study medicine?
(d) George Washington University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first member of the Sweet family to arrive in Florida?
2. What happened shortly before the Sweet's left on their journey?
3. In what month did the Sweets return to the U.S.?
4. In what year did Sweet start medical school?
5. How much did Sweet invest in the pharmacy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name two movements that came into being in full force at the end of World War I.
2. What new way was promoted by the Democrats?
3. What was the real estate situation in Detroit at the time?
4. Aside from lack of racial violence, what was a main factor in the Negro migration to the north?
5. What kind of protection do the Sweets use to ward off any attackers?
6. Name the racist groups founded at this time. Where was their presence the strongest?
7. How did Sweet spend his first months in Detroit?
8. Why was the position of the slaves in Leon County different than those residing in other counties?
9. Briefly describe Sweet's family history.
10. What is causing the rapid expansion of Detroit?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)