|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which famous scientist did Sweet long to study?
2. When did Civil War troops reach Florida?
3. There was a large movement to destroy which entity?
(a) Labor unions.
(b) Southern Baptist churches.
(c) The AME Church.
(d) Small government.
4. What was the surname of Sweet's attorney friend?
5. How often was the payment due on the mortgage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not a major part of Detroit at that time?
2. What university did Sweet attend to study medicine?
3. How much money did Sweet have when he arrived in Detroit?
4. What was the surname of the Sweets' chauffeur?
5. What was the name of the other doctor that was attacked?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe briefly the election debacle involving the KKK.
2. Aside from lack of racial violence, what was a main factor in the Negro migration to the north?
3. How did Sweet spend his first months in Detroit?
4. Explain the Sweets' choice to send their son to Wilberforce University.
5. What was the real estate situation in Detroit at the time?
6. When do the Sweets move into their home? Why did Dr. Sweet choose that specific date and time?
7. Describe the social climate in Detroit in 1925.
8. Who agrees to spend the first couple of nights at the Sweets' new home?
9. How does Sweet's attitude change once he starts attending medical school?
10. Why was the position of the slaves in Leon County different than those residing in other counties?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)