|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the couple meet?
(a) Medical convention.
(b) Coffee shop.
2. In what month did the Sweets return to the U.S.?
3. What is Dr. Sweet's first name?
4. How old was Sweet when he left Florida?
5. Sweet subscribed to publications distributed by what group?
(a) Brothers in Arms.
(b) Jefferson Davis Society.
(c) Talented Tenth.
(d) Hearst Corp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not a major part of Detroit at that time?
2. Which professional calls Dr. Sweet to report a problem?
3. How often was the payment due on the mortgage?
4. How many guns did the Sweets have when they moved into the new house?
5. Who was the first member of the Sweet family to arrive in Florida?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the real estate situation in Detroit at the time?
2. Who agrees to spend the first couple of nights at the Sweets' new home?
3. Why was the position of the slaves in Leon County different than those residing in other counties?
4. What group was founded in July? What was its purpose?
5. What new way was promoted by the Democrats?
6. Describe some of the incidents that took place around the arrival of blacks in white neighborhoods.
7. How does Sweet's attitude change once he starts attending medical school?
8. Explain the Sweets' choice to send their son to Wilberforce University.
9. Name the racist groups founded at this time. Where was their presence the strongest?
10. Describe the social climate in Detroit in 1925.
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)