|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people migrated during this period?
(b) 1 million.
2. Where did the family member come from?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) Cape Town.
3. Sweet subscribed to publications distributed by what group?
(a) Talented Tenth.
(b) Hearst Corp.
(c) Jefferson Davis Society.
(d) Brothers in Arms.
4. In what year did Sweet start medical school?
5. What company hired Sweet as its doctor?
(a) Liberty Life Insurance.
(c) Kennedy Compound.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not a major part of Detroit at that time?
2. What percentage rate did the Sweets have to pay to buy the house?
3. Who was the first member of the Sweet family to arrive in Florida?
4. There was a large movement to destroy which entity?
5. The people of the south wanted to connect to which of the north's entities?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the actions of the Waterworks Park Improvement Association regarding real estate.
2. In which area of Detroit did Sweet settle?
3. What did Sweet have in common with other Negroes of the same age?
4. What was the reaction of the slaves when they learned about Lee's surrender and the arrival of Union troops?
5. Aside from lack of racial violence, what was a main factor in the Negro migration to the north?
6. Describe the celebration upon the Sweets' arrival in the new home.
7. Describe briefly the election debacle involving the KKK.
8. How did Sweet spend his first months in Detroit?
9. How was the face of Detroit's population changing at that time?
10. Briefly describe Sweet's family history.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)