|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Sweet's younger brother?
2. What was the name of the pharmacy where Sweet bargained for office space?
(a) Anderson's Apothecary.
(b) Wilberforce Pharmacy.
(c) Detroit Drugs.
(d) Palace Drugs.
3. How much would the house cost if purchased by the Association?
4. In what year did Sweet start medical school?
5. How long had the doctor been in his new home before he was attacked?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 90 minutes.
(d) 5 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage rate did the Sweets have to pay to buy the house?
2. What was the name of the university attended by Sweet?
3. Where did Sweet hail from?
4. What was the surname of the police inspector?
5. In what town was the university located?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sweet's attitude change once he starts attending medical school?
2. Describe some of the incidents that took place around the arrival of blacks in white neighborhoods.
3. What new way was promoted by the Democrats?
4. Who agrees to spend the first couple of nights at the Sweets' new home?
5. What did Sweet have in common with other Negroes of the same age?
6. What was the real estate situation in Detroit at the time?
7. Describe briefly the election debacle involving the KKK.
8. When Sweet was arrested, he carried with him a piece of evidence. What was it?
9. What kind of protection do the Sweets use to ward off any attackers?
10. Describe the social climate in Detroit in 1925.
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)