|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Darrow request from the court?
(b) Different judge.
(d) Change of venue.
2. In Michigan, how many armed people make up a mob?
(a) 12 or more.
(b) 30 or more.
(c) 20 or more.
(d) 10 or more.
3. The trial seemed to ride on the hope that Darrow could present a case that could be described how?
4. Who was hired as a replacement lawyer?
5. The organization was found to be guilty of what?
(a) Lying to a federal court officer.
(b) Fixing an election.
(c) Compromising the jury.
(d) Advocating violence.
6. On which day did Darrow meet the defendants?
(a) November 3.
(b) October 1.
(c) November 27.
(d) October 15.
7. What was the outcome of the case?
(b) Hung jury.
8. How much money was in the NAACP defense fund?
9. The NAACP believed that which of the following was unnecessary?
(a) Three local lawyers.
(b) Catered lunches.
(c) Four star hotels.
(d) Chauffered cars.
10. Who did witnesses say began to throw the rocks?
(a) Other blacks.
11. Which of the following was missing from the court room when Darrow and Hays argued to dismiss?
12. What evidence did Kennedy find at the Sweet home?
(a) Shell casings.
(c) A broken door.
13. Who declared that the trial could proceed?
14. Who spoke to the men about the guns and ammunition?
15. Who finally admitted to finding a stone in the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was N. K. McGill?
2. What was Springarn's first name?
3. The minister organized a group focused on which of the following?
4. On what date was the case scheduled to begin?
5. What was the charge on the 11 men?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)