|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was hired as a replacement lawyer?
2. Who was slated to go on trial first?
(a) Tom Latting.
(b) Ossian Sweet.
(c) Otis Sweet.
(d) Henry Sweet.
3. What reporter was called to testify?
4. How much time did Darrow have to work on the case before it went to trial?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 month.
5. Why did Sweet take the stand if he was not required to do so?
(d) Personal obligation.
6. Where were Sweet and the other men taken?
(a) Detective's Bureau.
(b) Federal building.
(c) Commissioner's office.
(d) Mayor's office.
7. What was the charge on the 11 men?
(a) Aggravated battery.
(b) Reckless endangerment.
(c) Assault to commit murder.
(d) Attempted murder.
8. Where did Sweet and Gladys travel after he was released from jail?
(b) New York.
9. The defense succeeded in having charges dropped against which defendant?
10. Who presented the defendants with a document that awaited their signatures?
11. What was the mayor's surname?
12. Which of the following causes the attorneys to argue?
(a) Change of venue.
(b) Who would be first chair.
(c) Change of legal representation.
(d) Jury selection.
13. What evidence did Kennedy find at the Sweet home?
(a) Shell casings.
(d) A broken door.
14. When was Gladys released on bail?
15. What document was objected to by Hays?
(a) List of expert witnesses.
(b) Bill of Particulars.
Short Answer Questions
1. White split his time between court and which other activity?
2. Who was N. K. McGill?
3. Who spoke to the men about the guns and ammunition?
4. What is the issue with hiring the high profile attorneys?
5. On what day was Ossian Sweet released?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)