|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The inspector had how many reinforcements to help control the mob on Garland Avenue?
2. What happened to the cases against the other defendants?
(a) The cases were declared as unproven.
(b) All were acquitted.
(c) All were found guilty.
(d) All charges were dropped.
3. Who was slated to go on trial first?
(a) Tom Latting.
(b) Otis Sweet.
(c) Henry Sweet.
(d) Ossian Sweet.
4. Who did not attend the meeting at the NAACP?
5. How much money was in the NAACP defense fund?
6. Who held a rally in the park?
(a) Tireman Avenue Association.
(b) Sweet supporters.
7. What was Hays in charge of handling for the case?
(a) Media management.
(c) Cross examination.
(d) Jury selection.
8. What other piece of evidence was found inside the Sweet house?
9. What was the name of the neighbor called to testify?
10. Which of the following men was not one of Sweet's attorneys?
11. Who is James Johnson?
(b) Executive Secretary of NAACP.
(c) Chicago lawyer.
(d) Supreme Court justice.
12. What was the name of the judge?
13. Which neighbor testified to hearing the sound of glass breaking?
14. When was Gladys released on bail?
15. White split his time between court and which other activity?
(a) Defending other prisoners.
(b) Media management.
(d) Fund raising.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the mayor's surname?
2. Who was N. K. McGill?
3. Who smoothed things over between the various groups in Detroit?
4. What was the charge on the 11 men?
5. What group was eliminated from jury selection?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)