|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the judge?
2. What document was objected to by Hays?
(c) List of expert witnesses.
(d) Bill of Particulars.
3. Who did the mayor blame for racial violence?
4. What was Moll's title?
(b) Wayne County District Attorney.
(d) Assistant Prosecutor.
5. What was the name of the church?
(a) Second Baptist Church.
(b) United Church of Christ.
(c) Our Lady of Sorrows.
(d) Bethel AME.
6. Where did the NAACP hold their rally?
(a) AME Church.
(b) Town square.
(c) Second Baptist Church.
(d) Waterworks Park.
7. Who did not attend the meeting at the NAACP?
8. Which of the following causes the attorneys to argue?
(a) Change of legal representation.
(b) Jury selection.
(c) Who would be first chair.
(d) Change of venue.
9. What was the surname of the county prosecutor?
10. Which of the following was missing from the court room when Darrow and Hays argued to dismiss?
11. Who joined Toms on the side of the prosecution?
12. Who did witnesses say began to throw the rocks?
(b) Other blacks.
13. On what date was Sweet called to testify?
(a) October 30.
(b) December 3.
(c) November 27.
(d) November 18.
14. Who participated in jury selection with Darrow?
15. What motion did Darrow file at the beginning of the defense presentation?
(a) Undue prejudice.
(d) Voire dire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Moll's first name?
2. Who went with the inspector through the Sweets' house?
3. What was the name of the neighbor called to testify?
4. What was the mayor's surname?
5. What reporter was called to testify?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)