|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did not help the Sweets with the move?
2. Where was Dr. Sweet's practice?
(b) Black Bottom.
(c) Grosse Pointe.
3. What caused the racial tension to ease for a time?
(a) Quelled racial riots.
(b) Mandatory jail time.
(d) Government intervention.
4. What caused the KKK's candidate to be disqualified from the election?
(a) The candidate was not disqualified.
(b) The candidate died.
(c) Spelling errors.
(d) The candidate was arrested.
5. How many guns did the Sweets have when they moved into the new house?
6. The neighborhood is located between Detroit and what other city?
(a) Ann Arbor.
(b) Grosse Point.
(c) Grand Rapids.
7. There was a large movement to destroy which entity?
(a) The AME Church.
(b) Labor unions.
(c) Small government.
(d) Southern Baptist churches.
8. In what month was election day in 1923?
9. What was the name of the hospital built to serve the black community?
(a) Davidson Medical Center.
(b) Dunbar Memorial Hospital.
(c) Eiselberg Medical Facility.
(d) Detroit Negro Hospital.
10. What was the name of the pharmacy where Sweet bargained for office space?
(a) Detroit Drugs.
(b) Palace Drugs.
(c) Anderson's Apothecary.
(d) Wilberforce Pharmacy.
11. What is Dr. Sweet's first name?
12. How were the residents of Garland Avenue notified about the Association meeting?
(a) News coverage.
(b) Telephone campaign.
(c) Word of mouth.
13. In what year did Sweet start medical school?
14. What was the surname of the homeowners?
15. Which of the following is one of Sweet's destinations?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much would the house cost if purchased by the Association?
2. What is the name of the couple's daughter?
3. What was the name of the area reserved for blacks?
4. Which professional calls Dr. Sweet to report a problem?
5. How long had the doctor been in his new home before he was attacked?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)