|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Sweet go to medical school?
(a) Durham, North Carolina.
(b) Rochester, Minnesota.
(c) Cleveland, Ohio.
(d) Washington, D.C.
2. In what month did the Sweets return to the U.S.?
3. What caused the KKK's candidate to be disqualified from the election?
(a) The candidate was not disqualified.
(b) The candidate died.
(c) The candidate was arrested.
(d) Spelling errors.
4. Whose wife was attacked and raped?
(a) Minister's wife.
(b) Soldier's wife.
(c) Sweet's wife.
(d) Senator's wife.
5. In 1923 how many KKK members were there in Detroit?
6. What company hired Sweet as its doctor?
(b) Liberty Life Insurance.
(c) Kennedy Compound.
7. What is Mrs. Sweet's first name?
8. What percentage rate did the Sweets have to pay to buy the house?
9. How many people migrated during this period?
(d) 1 million.
10. Which of the following is one of Sweet's destinations?
11. Where did the family member come from?
(a) Cape Town.
(d) North Carolina.
12. Where was Dr. Sweet's practice?
(a) Black Bottom.
(c) Grosse Pointe.
13. Where did the couple meet?
(a) Coffee shop.
(d) Medical convention.
14. Why is Sweet rejected from the military?
(a) Destroyed left knee.
(b) Poor eyesight.
(c) Heart condition.
(d) Flat feet.
15. On which date did the rally of the Waterworks Park Improvement Association take place?
(a) August 23.
(b) February 19.
(c) June 6.
(d) July 14.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town was the university located?
2. What was the name of the famous character used at the end of the chapter?
3. In which county did the slave owner settle?
4. While abroad, the Sweets encounter discrimination at which of the following locations?
5. How long had the doctor been in his new home before he was attacked?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)