|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sweet's new position caused him to become which of the following?
2. How many people migrated during this period?
(c) 1 million.
3. Where did Sweet go to find work for the summer?
4. What was the name of the university attended by Sweet?
(a) Notre Dame.
(b) William and Mary.
5. While abroad, the Sweets encounter discrimination at which of the following locations?
6. How much money did Sweet have when he arrived in Detroit?
7. The Sweets sent their son to the university to remove him from which of the following?
(a) Labor in the fields.
(c) Radical political groups.
(d) Jim Crow South.
8. What company hired Sweet as its doctor?
(b) Liberty Life Insurance.
(d) Kennedy Compound.
9. What years saw the height of the migration?
10. Which of the following is one of Sweet's destinations?
11. In what town was the university located?
(b) Green Bay.
12. Whose wife was attacked and raped?
(a) Minister's wife.
(b) Senator's wife.
(c) Sweet's wife.
(d) Soldier's wife.
13. Where did Sweet go to medical school?
(a) Cleveland, Ohio.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Rochester, Minnesota.
(d) Durham, North Carolina.
14. What group of brothers joined the movement?
15. What was the name of the slave owner?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the surname of the governor of Florida?
2. What was the surname of the Sweets' chauffeur?
3. What did Sweet's other brother do for a living?
4. Which of the following members of the Confederacy had surrendered?
5. What is the name of the slave's wife?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)