|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sweet rejected from the military?
(a) Heart condition.
(b) Flat feet.
(c) Destroyed left knee.
(d) Poor eyesight.
2. On which date did the rally of the Waterworks Park Improvement Association take place?
(a) July 14.
(b) June 6.
(c) August 23.
(d) February 19.
3. Whose wife was attacked and raped?
(a) Senator's wife.
(b) Soldier's wife.
(c) Sweet's wife.
(d) Minister's wife.
4. How much would the house cost if purchased by the Association?
5. In 1923 how many KKK members were there in Detroit?
6. What university did Sweet attend to study medicine?
(a) George Washington University.
7. Sweet dreamed of studying where?
8. How many children were in Sweet's family?
9. Who did not help the Sweets with the move?
10. Where did the couple meet?
(a) Medical convention.
(c) Coffee shop.
11. Sweet's father buys property in which Florida town?
12. In what month was election day in 1923?
13. What was the surname of the Sweets' chauffeur?
14. In addition to equality, the Negroes sought which of the following?
(a) Good pay.
(b) Land ownership.
(c) More social opportunity.
(d) Lack of slavery.
15. How often was the payment due on the mortgage?
Short Answer Questions
1. With which famous scientist did Sweet long to study?
2. What did Sweet's other brother do for a living?
3. How much land did the slave owner purchase?
4. What was the name of the organization based on stamping out racism?
5. What would it have meant if Sweet had backed out of the house deal?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)